• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

League of Legends

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I enjoyed the game back when it wasn't bloated with tons of new characters each year, :monster:

In other words, I dropped the original DotA Allstars in favor of this game because it was much tighter and had a slightly less steep learning curve, but then instead of refining and improving underpowered characters they went the same way that Allstars did and decided that the only way to keep players playing was to frequently add new characters.

I don't want to go on a rant about this like I usually do, but in summary I really want to like League of Legends but what they're doing is akin to adding a new fighting character every month to a fighting game - only the most competitive of the audience bothers to keep up with the constantly-changing metagame and Riot loses the accessibility that drew its initial crowd in the first place.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I just got into the game! Say it isn't so! It's actually pretty fun to play and utilize and I'm the country's best tank/soaker in this region for now! Hell its the only profession I can do, but I can do part time melee/killer but don't ask me to do ranged. I HATE Range! :[

What are you talking about? It's the same mode 5 vs. 5 and they have a 3 vs 3 and even another mode of fight called Crystal scar! It's not so bad unless you decide to do ranking. I've not wanted to do ranking as I haven't mastered all the elements of this game (range >__> ). But it's sure as shit fun to play even if they've gone all meta/serious.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Don't get me wrong; the core gameplay itself (imo) is vastly improved and improves upon the DotA model. The summoner-specific customisation/levelling, runes etc. is a great way of adding complexity and variation in hero builds without the need for new shiny items etc. Getting rid of denying altogether, while a somewhat controversial choice, simplified things and shifted focus solely upon last-hitting which eased the burden esp. on new players. And all these things are the reason why I want to love the game like I did in the past.

Crystal Scar was added a couple years after the game's inception. It was a fun and fresh way to spice up the game but apart from that it's been nothing but new heroes.

I just don't want a MOBA game that insists on adding more and more complexity each time they make an update. I want Riot to focus on making *all* their current characters more viable and less obsolete, because there is still a certain percentage of characters which, while are great fun to stomp pub matches, are rarely used in competitive play because there are simply other heroes that do a much better job of it.

Riot may have changed their tactics recently, I don't know. I haven't played the game in the past few months because while I was always willing to learn the finer points of LoL, having to constantly learn how to play/play against a new hero was tiring and I was finding it difficult to keep up.

It's a popular approach to adding content to the MOBA, and for plenty more hardcore players they have no trouble with that. But by principle alone it's not for me - like I said in my analogy, it's like adding a new character each month for a competitive fighting game. The metagame is already so complex, you don't need to keep messing with it.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I've noticed they've been mixing up lots of their types recently. I've decided to use Thresh, a tank-support type and it's been really fun especially for me since I need to be beefy to stay alive as I'm not fond of being soft. Their character variation sort of acts as training wheels to me if I'm lacking in a certain type and need to train on them. Some just dont agree with me at all, like that crocodilian character Renekton.

I agree they need to put more ideas into it and add more with what they have. I haven't gone for meta yet, but mormz/dustin has told me it needs alot of time and patience to get a hang of it cos rankings are apparently some serious shit. I've been receiving alot of offers from friends here to get me into the ranking games purely because of how good I can tank/soak damage.

Jeff, tell me do you have any songs humming in your head when you gank opponents in fights? Mine right now is La Copa De La Vida lolol

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
lol, I played as Sivir. There is no ganking game in Sivir, only tower/creep crushing and running the hell away before the other team ganks you. :awesome:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I play as Volibear, Kha'Zix, Jax, Darius, Wukong and Shyvanna. I'm only good for tanking or fighting T___T

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
See back when I played I don't even think the first two existed. :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Volibear and Kha'Zix are the newest and I'm starting to get a hang of Zix. I am nigh invulnerable as bear in almost all my matches unless the bot team has failed and fed the AD Carries. For Kha'Zix I need to start carrying and assassinating single idiots after 15 minutes and that takes heavy farming T__T

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Well that can't be too hard for a pub game :monster:

DrunkenChi

head over heels
I know this is an old(er) thread, but I just started playing this about two weeks ago. Admittedly, I'm the best at support roles (I'm actually quite good with Janna and Sona in particular), but I'm not too bad with ADC (Vayne) and I'm slowly getting better at AP chars (Morgana, Ryze). I haven't found a tank I like yet but I'm going to buy Shen or Rammus next to see if I can get something going. I kinda hate going into games by myself without being able to fill any role, but most people don't like playing supports anyway and I LOVE it so it's w/e.

ANYWAY if anyone is playing this feel free to add me, my s/n is oric0n. My boyfriend and I are looking to play with some new people. Don't care if I don't know you very well as long as you're not an asshat and don't mind playing with two fantastically average players. It's our main game right now (and probably will remain so until we find a substantial MMO to get involved with) so we play 5 hours worth of games a day and more Friday-Sunday.

Xelazander

sunglasses at night
AKA
alexx
I play DOTA2, if that's valid for this thread.

I tried, but lacking time atm to get to grips with it. I don't like that the camera doesn't follow your hero.. :/

My mate who gave me the dota2 key gets sponsored to play in tournaments :jealous:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I know this is an old(er) thread, but I just started playing this about two weeks ago. Admittedly, I'm the best at support roles (I'm actually quite good with Janna and Sona in particular), but I'm not too bad with ADC (Vayne) and I'm slowly getting better at AP chars (Morgana, Ryze). I haven't found a tank I like yet but I'm going to buy Shen or Rammus next to see if I can get something going. I kinda hate going into games by myself without being able to fill any role, but most people don't like playing supports anyway and I LOVE it so it's w/e.

ANYWAY if anyone is playing this feel free to add me, my s/n is oric0n. My boyfriend and I are looking to play with some new people. Don't care if I don't know you very well as long as you're not an asshat and don't mind playing with two fantastically average players. It's our main game right now (and probably will remain so until we find a substantial MMO to get involved with) so we play 5 hours worth of games a day and more Friday-Sunday.

I'm skilled with tanks. I've begun to branch out to Melee through Pantheon (inspired by Sparta) and ranged/AP (teemo). I especially love Teemo in how he harasses the shit out of you when fed.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
A fed Teemo is just fucking absurd. Mushrooms and absurd dps get lost

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
It's fun to see them run through a minefield of shrooms and then all shut down so badly. Never underestimate the power of the scout's code.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Might be getting back into this on a whim

but holy fucking hell all these new heroes

it's like they don't want new players

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
First pub game back, 2/9/8 with Sivir. Significantly rusty, fail Spell Shield countless times against Lux (solo mid) and ended up feeding her 4 times in early game. Only positive was that I managed to take down the first tower, but then the whole thing snowballed with continual feeding. One thing leads to another, of course, and I get completely wiped.

Lux's ulti isn't even that hard to see coming, there's a decent fraction of a second to pull up my Spell Shield or simply walk out of the fucking way but I miss my timing 3/4 times and it's either that or the lag that finishes me off.

The one thing I was supposed to be good at, and I can't even do it right. The worst part is, that there were really only 2 players on the other side who had been fed, and being solo mid I'm responsible for the biggest fuck-up of the team.
/feelsbadman

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I once had difficulty as Darius on solo top due to our jungler being an irresponsible idiot.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I'm just going to surf versus bots until I stop being a rusty-ass noob :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
*revives* Hai gaiz, I was at a stand / party organized by Riot Games in the conference I attended the other day (and played with their nerf guns, huu huu huu). I got a couple of codes for in-game shit; I don't play LoL, anyone interested? The codes are labeled:

* Rammus
* Graves
* Arcade Hecarim
* Riot Blitzcrank

No clue wtf any of that is. The card says it unlocks champions or skins. If you want 'em, tell me which one you want and I'll PM 'em over.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Hmm I wonder what skin that Rammus one is.. If its the bowser one then it could be super rare/expensive and worth selling as that is very hard to come by now and can not be purchased in game.

With Riot blitz being in the list I would assume the graves skin is Riot Graves too..

If you dont mind I wouldnt mind getting my hands on the arcade hecarim :)

Also I know this post is old but

First pub game back, 2/9/8 with Sivir. Significantly rusty, fail Spell Shield countless times against Lux (solo mid) and ended up feeding her 4 times in early game. Only positive was that I managed to take down the first tower, but then the whole thing snowballed with continual feeding. One thing leads to another, of course, and I get completely wiped.

Lux's ulti isn't even that hard to see coming, there's a decent fraction of a second to pull up my Spell Shield or simply walk out of the fucking way but I miss my timing 3/4 times and it's either that or the lag that finishes me off.

The one thing I was supposed to be good at, and I can't even do it right. The worst part is, that there were really only 2 players on the other side who had been fed, and being solo mid I'm responsible for the biggest fuck-up of the team.
/feelsbadman

Even though Siv looks like she moves slow (dem long strides) shes actually really fast at base speed and is mobile. Its what gives her the edge, with a Lux against her its basically a soft-mid counter to her because she can shut down your mobility with her slows and snares and can also if she telegraphs your patterns shield herself from your skill shot and negate most of your damage.

Your jungler should have been baby sitting you and putting gank pressure often to help you out especially after you died the first time. Even if the gank wasnt successful and no kill was made the fact that he made his presence known should have been enough to make the Lux wary as they generally are immobile especially after popping flash/ghost.

I wouldnt say you did bad, you did the best you could on your first match back and got matched against a viable counter to your champ lol.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
*revives* Hai gaiz, I was at a stand / party organized by Riot Games in the conference I attended the other day (and played with their nerf guns, huu huu huu). I got a couple of codes for in-game shit; I don't play LoL, anyone interested? The codes are labeled:

* Rammus
* Graves
* Arcade Hecarim
* Riot Blitzcrank

No clue wtf any of that is. The card says it unlocks champions or skins. If you want 'em, tell me which one you want and I'll PM 'em over.

I will take Graves! Just one question, is this pack from Nordic EU? Since I play on that server, I wish to acquire Graves since I'm practicing ADC for the inevitable release of Jinx.

Top Bottom