• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SPOILERS Leaked Character Screens (Untagged Spoilers, potentially big implications)

Aranea

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Barret frog transformation model. Also apparently Cloud and Tifa have the AC clothes as DLC while Barret DLC clothes are something else. Sephiroth DLC clothes gives him his CC look. Again this is not to be taken as confirmed and this is something i discussed with someone on discord.

unknown.png

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Materia analysis based on this post by Obsidian Fire. There may be more (there's summon lore apparently) but I'm not looking at everything. Feel free to build on/correct this. Some general notes:

-The script refers to all instances of materia as "orbs" which I'm sure will delight fanfiction writers everywhere.
-Like the OG, there is no strict naming convention, most are present-tense verbs but there are some past-tense verbs, adjectives, nouns, etc. Some present-tense verbs from the OG (e.g. "Absorb") has become a noun ("Absorption").
-There are some materia that govern how non-controlled party members' AI behaves.

First, the full list with just the alt-text slugline (presumably displayed when pressing select on the item entry in the menu)
AP Up. Increases amount of AP earned for linked materia.
Assess. Allows you to use Assess.
ATB Assist. Slightly fills teammates' ATB gauges when ATB commands are used back-to-back.
ATB Boost. Doubles ATB when activated. Cannot be used continuously. Press (L1) + (R1) to activate.
ATB Stagger. Increases ATB when staggering an enemy.
Auto-Cure. Casts Cure on severely injured allies up to a set number of times. Will not activate if the character does not have enough ATB charges and MP, or the player is controlling the character.
Bahamut. Allows you to summon Bahamut.
Barrier. Allows you to use defensive spells.
Binding. Allows you to use disruptive spells.
Cactuar. Allows you to summon a cactuar.
Carbuncle. Allows you to summon Carbuncle.
Chakra. Allows you to restore your own HP and cure poison with Chakra. The amount restored is relative to your current HP, and more is restored the lower your HP.
Chocobo & Moogle. Allows you to summon a chocobo and moogle.
Chocobo Chick. Allows you to summon a chocobo chick.
Cleansing. Allows you to use curative spells.
Deadly Dodge. Attack command will do area damage immediately after dodging.
Elemental. Adds the element of the linked materia to your equipment, infusing your attacks with and gaining resistance to that element. When more than one is set, only the first takes effect. Works with fire, ice, lightning, and wind materia.
Enemy Skill. Allows you to learn certain enemy techniques that you've endured and use them as abilities. These abilities can only be used when the materia is set to your equipment.
EXP Up. Increases the amount of EXP you earn in battle.
Fat Chocobo. Allows you to summon a fat chocobo.
Fire. Allows you to use fire magic.
First Strike. Increases how full the ATB gauge is at the start of battle.
Gil Up. Increases the amount of gil you earn in battle.
Healing. Allows you to use healing spells.
HP Absorption. Allows you to recover HP when unleashing an attack of the linked materia's type.
HP Up. Increases your max HP. The total boost limit is +100% when more than one is equipped.
Ice. Allows you to use ice magic.
Ifrit. Allows you to summon Ifrit.
Item Master. Increases the effectiveness of items used in battle.
Leviathan. Allows you to summon Leviathan.
Lightning. Allows you to use lightning magic.
Luck Up. Increases your luck. The total boost limit is +100% when more than one is equipped.
Magic Up. Increases your magic attack power. The total boost limit is +100% when more than one is equipped.
Magnify. Allows you to expand the range of spells with the linked materia. To switch back to a single target, press (L1) when selecting a spell.
MP Absorption. Allows you to recover MP when unleashing an attack of the linked materia's type.
MP Up. Increases your max MP. The total boost limit is +100% when more than one is equipped.
Parry. Guards against enemy attacks and allows you to quickly unleash your next move. Hold (R1) and press (cancel) to activate. Deals a small amount of damage.
Pedometer. May do something after taking a number of steps with it set.
Poison. Allows you to use toxin-related spells.
Prayer. Allows you to restore the party's HP with Pray.
Provoke. Automatically uses Provoke to temporarily draw the enemy's attention when teammates are severely injured. Ineffective against powerful enemies. Will not activate if the player is controlling the character.
Refocus. Allows you to use the Refocus limit break. Can only be used once per battle.
Revival. Allows you to use revival spells.
Shiva. Allows you to summon Shiva.
Steadfast Block. Further decreases enemy damage and fills the ATB gauge faster when guarding.
Skill Master. Slightly fills the ATB gauge when multiple ATB commands are performed.
Steal. Allows you to use Steal.
Subversion. Allows you to use subversive spells.
Synergy. Allows you to follow the leader's attack command with an attack from linked materia. Works with fire, ice, lightning, wind, and poison materia.
Time. Allows you to use time magic.
Warding. Grants resistance to the linked materia's status ailment. Works with poison, time, bind, and subversion materia.
Wind. Allows you to use wind magic.

And now, organized by color (based on my assumptions) and some analysis:

---MAGIC MATERIA---
Auto-Cure.
Casts Cure on severely injured allies up to a set number of times. Will not activate if the character does not have enough ATB charges and MP, or the player is controlling the character. (Not quite sure where to put this, as it's one of those AI materia, but it doesn't seem to require you to link it to the Healing materia, so its not Support. And it consumes MP, so it's not Command or Independent...)
Barrier. Allows you to use defensive spells.
Binding. Allows you to use disruptive spells. (b/c a support materia groups this materia in with Poison, Subversion, and Time, I assume this contains various status effect spells -- it could be a reskin of Mystify (confuse, berserk) or Transform (mini, toad) which are both originally found on the West Continent.)
Chakra. Allows you to restore your own HP and cure poison with Chakra. The amount restored is relative to your current HP, and more is restored the lower your HP. (This could also be a Command materia. We've seen Chakra in other FFs as a monk ability, it usually restores HP and MP and doesn't cure poison.)
Cleansing. Allows you to use curative spells. (I assume this is Heal, not Restore, as "cleanse" implies a removal of status effects, and the description of Chakra uses "cure" to describe the removal of the poison status effect. The language around curing and healing is as obfuscated as ever. Anyway, Heal was formerly found in Kalm.)
Fire. Allows you to use fire magic.
Healing. Allows you to use healing spells. (I assume this is Restore, not Heal.)
Ice. Allows you to use ice magic.
Lightning. Allows you to use lightning magic.
Poison. Allows you to use toxin-related spells. (Formerly found in Kalm. Why doesn't the description just say "poison magic"?)
Prayer. Allows you to restore the party's HP with Pray. (No Restore-All? Or, rather, Healing-Magnify? Booo. This might even be a Command materia, depending on whether Pray consumes MP or not.)
Revival. Allows you to use revival spells. (Formerly Revive, found in Junon)
Subversion. Allows you to use subversive spells. (b/c a support materia grouping this materia in with poison, bind, and time, I assume this contains various status effect spells -- it could be a reskin of Mystify (confuse, berserk) or Transform (mini, toad) which are both originally found on the West Continent.)
Time. Allows you to use time magic. (Formerly found in Gongaga.)
Wind. Allows you to use wind magic. (Wow!)

---SUPPORT MATERIA---
AP Up.
Increases amount of AP earned for linked materia. (Ooh baby!)
Elemental. Adds the element of the linked materia to your equipment, infusing your attacks with and gaining resistance to that element. When more than one is set, only the first takes effect. Works with fire, ice, lightning, and wind materia. (Looks like weapon/armor placement is irrelevant, you get both)
HP Absorption. Allows you to recover HP when unleashing an attack of the linked materia's type. (Formerly HP Absorb, found during Yuffie's questline.)
Magnify. Allows you to expand the range of spells with the linked materia. To switch back to a single target, press (L1) when selecting a spell. (This functionally replaces the All materia with an AoE version of the linked spell. (sidenote: that's what I did with my ttrpg system!))
MP Absorption. Allows you to recover MP when unleashing an attack of the linked materia's type. (Formerly MP Absorb, found during Yuffie's questline.)
Synergy. Allows you to follow the leader's attack command with an attack from linked materia. Works with fire, ice, lightning, wind, and poison materia. (Another AI control materia, this one's clearly a Support. Could be fun to use, especially with a straight black mage build.)
Warding. Grants resistance to the linked materia's status ailment. Works with poison, time, bind, and subversion materia. (This is just the armor version of Added Effect, as it doesn't appear that weapon/armor placement has any relevance for this or Elemental anymore.)

---COMMAND MATERIA---
Assess. Allows you to use Assess. (This is a reskin of Sense, we've seen it in action during official presentations.)
ATB Boost. Doubles ATB when activated. Cannot be used continuously. Press (L1) + (R1) to activate. (What do they mean by continuously? Is there a recharge on this ability?)
Deadly Dodge. Attack command will do area damage immediately after dodging. (One of those 'not sure if yellow or purple' materia. Since you activate it by dodging, I'm guessing yellow).
Enemy Skill. Allows you to learn certain enemy techniques that you've endured and use them as abilities. These abilities can only be used when the materia is set to your equipment.
Parry. Guards against enemy attacks and allows you to quickly unleash your next move. Hold (R1) and press (cancel) to activate. Deals a small amount of damage.
Refocus. Allows you to use the Refocus limit break. Can only be used once per battle. (This is... a really cool concept)
Steal. Allows you to use Steal.

---INDEPENDENT MATERIA---
ATB Assist.
Slightly fills teammates' ATB gauges when ATB commands are used back-to-back.
ATB Stagger. Increases ATB when staggering an enemy.
EXP Up. Increases the amount of EXP you earn in battle. (Formerly EXP Plus, won at Wonder Square)
First Strike. Increases how full the ATB gauge is at the start of battle. (A kind of modified Speed Plus? But nerfed)
Gil Up. Increases the amount of gil you earn in battle. (Formerly Gil Plus, found at Wonder Square)
HP Up. Increases your max HP. The total boost limit is +100% when more than one is equipped. (Formerly HP Plus, found in Cosmo Canyon)
Item Master. Increases the effectiveness of items used in battle. (In other FFs this is usually called "chemist")
Luck Up. Increases your luck. The total boost limit is +100% when more than one is equipped. (Formerly Luck Plus, found at the Temple of the Ancients)
Magic Up. Increases your magic attack power. The total boost limit is +100% when more than one is equipped. (Formerly Magic Plus, found at the Forgotten City)
MP Up. Increases your max MP. The total boost limit is +100% when more than one is equipped. (Formerly MP Plus, found in Cosmo Canyon)
Pedometer. May do something after taking a number of steps with it set. (Eh? Like a cat's bell? What could it be I wonder...?)
Provoke. Automatically uses Provoke to temporarily draw the enemy's attention when teammates are severely injured. Ineffective against powerful enemies. Will not activate if the player is controlling the character. (This seems to be a modified version of Cover, using the new AI)
Steadfast Block. Further decreases enemy damage and fills the ATB gauge faster when guarding. (This is also a kind of nerfed Speed Plus)
Skill Master. Slightly fills the ATB gauge when multiple ATB commands are performed.

---SUMMON MATERIA---
Bahamut. Allows you to summon Bahamut. (Formerly found in the Temple of the Ancients.)
Cactuar. Allows you to summon a cactuar. (new)
Carbuncle. Allows you to summon Carbuncle. (new)
Chocobo & Moogle. Allows you to summon a chocobo and moogle. (Formerly Choco/Mog, found at the chocobo ranch.)
Chocobo Chick. Allows you to summon a chocobo chick. (new)
Fat Chocobo. Allows you to summon a fat chocobo. (Formerly part of Choco/Mog as a rare percentage chance to appear instead.)
Ifrit. Allows you to summon Ifrit. (Formerly found on the cargo ship.)
Leviathan. Allows you to summon Leviathan. (Yuffie confirmed! jk. It was formerly the reward for completing her questline.)
Shiva. Allows you to summon Shiva. (Formerly found in Junon.)
Thanks for organizing them by colour! I know it's just your guesses, but your logic seems sound and it really does give the sense that the types are pretty well balanced.
I'm very curious to see what the Refocus limit break does. I haven't seen a description of it in anything leaked so far, but I wonder what generic limit break would be more appealing than character-specific ones?

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Also apparently Cloud and Tifa have the AC clothes as DLC while Barret DLC clothes are something else.
If true, I'm glad Barret gets something else. I think his AC design was..... not one of the best.

Yeah those are all tutorial vids.

Some character models (President Shinra and Shinra's grunt). This comes from the same source that spoke about the DLC clothes.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
Have to wonder how they're doing this.... both model viewing programs that should be able to view/extract them, can't load these models (well the creator of one posted a screenshot of the Cloud model in his program, yet never revealed how, but those tweets were DMCA'd by SE). That said, it's obvious those that know how, are clearly refusing to give any details.

I didn't see this one in the backup of the extracted images (but if it was posted before, sorry!).

Materia upgrading progression:

ivYaYyb.png

I don't think the video was posted, so here's the materia upgrading progression in video form:

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I wonder if that’s all the locations, or just ones found so far?
If the Sector 7 Employee Housing is visitable, I wonder if that means Denzel’s parents house will make an appearance, even as just an Easter egg. I hope the Sector 5 plate is visitable in addition to the slums, since that’s where Reeve’s mother lives, it would be cool if she is included in the game.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Sadness is now Sedate? Preorder cancelled!

Also it looks like “stupor” isn’t a status effect (that we’ve found) so does Adrenaline cure Staggered, I wonder?
I think stupor is sedate...ergo, Adrenaline cures sedate?

I wonder what a "1-C SOLDIER is... a top-tier 1st class?
Ugh. These nested spoiler tags are a pain in the ass.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
This is me speculating, but I think they're classifying SOLDIERS in different rankings within the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Classes.

1-C SOLDIER should be a 1st Class SOLDIER, but is also placed into the "C" classification. It makes me wonder if there is a B or an A Class as well. (Or maybe even a S Class).
Based on the Colosseum list? I guess it’s possible, but all I see is one 1-C, and a bunch of 3-Cs, which I interpret as ‘Class’. I don’t see any references to A or Bs.

Top Bottom