• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SPOILERS Leaked Character Screens (Untagged Spoilers, potentially big implications)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, yeah, no kidding. lol Might as well say we wouldn't have any concerns about a remake to discuss if they weren't making one.

Well my point is, if such a double standard is present, why indulge it when it could easily be accepted, just like the myriad of other FF plot devices that are named after lofty archetypes yet are not true examples of them at all?

And what bearing does that oddly named critter have on this discussion?

They were merely examples of spirit entities working to protect the Planet to show such entities like that are not without precedent.

A pass on what? Do you even know what point you're trying to make -- or what point you're responding to? =P

These last couple of points read like illustrations of "non sequitur."

I'm just going to take this as confirmation that you don't know what the topic we're discussing is. =P

My main point was that in those FFs you claimed were well-crafted stories, you have numerous instances of destiny or fate mentioned throughout their plot. Yet, that exact concept is actually not present at all. It's mentioned merely as dramatic flourish, and usually applied as a title to the schemes of others in control.

Just because the F word is mentioned or even referenced, doesn't cheapen or make a Final Fantasy cheesy at all. Those great stories by your own admission, are proof of it right there.

.... And FFVIII as the black sheep of the franchise? I always thought that was FFII. :monster:

No but seriously, I've never come across a lot of hate for FFVIII or denouncement for its story, except for maybe the plot twist regarding Edea's Orphanage. And it's usually included in the top 10 lists of most popular Final Fantasies.

As for XV... Yeah. It's received a good deal of scorn but that's for another topic.

Anyways that was the destination of my detour, so to speak.

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
IIRC it was probably over a decade ago, when internet video reviewers were just starting to boom, Noah Antwiler (aka The Spoony One), generated a significant hatedom for FFVIII (and to a lesser extent FFX, while also joining the FFXIII dogpile at the time) with his “comedic” multipart editorial videos. Though that was more because Antwiler disliked JRPG tropes in general (particularly non-2D post-mid 90s ones) than anything to do with FFVIII usage of “fate” IIRC.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
The rooftop scene with Cloud and Aerith was leaked and Aerith says
SHIT!
and I am losing my sh*t !???

You know, this reminds me of a thread about potential swear words in the Remake and someone had said:

"Anyway, in regard to swearing, if the leaked scripts are to be believed...
Then it's all swears, all the time. The word 'sh*t' alone shows up 144 times, and that's not even counting variations like 'bullsh*t' and 'you gotta be sh*tting me'. Everyone swears like a sailor." Source

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I don't get what the big deal is about swearing. Why does it get people excited?
UdJn.gif

I assume due to it not being removed?

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I mean, I personally don't care if swear words are used. They can greatly enhance a scene if used properly. While I was watching the demo, there were some swear words used sparingly, but they weren't littered about the dialogue so carelessly as to cheapen the character's words. Now, this may be different for certain characters and different scenes, but I highly doubt the writer's are going to tell this story by using swears for every other word. People who are freaking out about this need to take a chill pill.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
So, did anyone happen to save the leaked images? I saw quite a few at the time but they're all gone now - I'm finding it difficult knowing it's now 9 weeks away when it would've only been 3 1/2 weeks from today ... :aah:

Xmanblack

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Xmanblack
Don't know if it's the right thread but I can't find the other leaked demo thread and don't know if it would be a good idea to create a new thread so I'll just put it here.
If anyone has the leaked demo and is interested in ripping music. You don't need any special program.
You just need Hex Editor
Just open the .uexp file in hex editor

Delete everything before the line containing sabf
then delete the last line

Get VGMGUI and you should be able to run the songs from there.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
I've been skimming through the script files again today just to see what I can glean, and I think I came across some new Sephiroth Copy stuff.

First off, Tifa lives in an apartment complex called Stargazer Heights, and Cloud is staying next door. One of their neighbors is a strange guy with the number 49 tattooed on his arm. His NPC ID is "irz" though he doesn't have much actual dialogue, so it's hard to tell exactly what's going on with him. At some point "irz" is heard muttering "Reunion... Reunion..."

It seems like he's maybe making noise and keeping Cloud awake, so Cloud goes over and the guy spazzes out and grabs Cloud. Tifa stops the resulting tussle and calls the man Marco, says the landlady, Marle, asked her to check on him from time to time. She says he's got problems but isn't a bad guy. Note: Cloud does have a Sephiroth hallucination of some sort while staying in this apartment, just as he's falling asleep. In the morning, Avalanche is attacked by the Whispers.

In Chapter 8, there's also a new sidequest while you're acting as Aerith's bodyguard, when you find out that a guy in black clothes spooked some kids and they went missing. Cloud first assumes it was a Turk, but it's actually a sick man with a number tattooed on his arm, stumbling around in a dirty robe full of holes. Cloud says he knows someone who fits that description -- presumably Marco.

However, when they find the guy (NPC ID "ir2" though he has no spoken dialogue), Cloud says it's not him "but looks pretty damn similar," and Aerith recognizes he's got the number "2" tattooed on his arm. When Aerith asks Cloud what it could mean, he has a hallucination of Sephiroth saying "The reunion... is nothing to fear." When he comes out of it, he asks Aerith if she knows who Sephiroth is, and when she says they said he was killed in an accident on the news, Cloud says he thinks he's still alive. After rescuing the kids, they hint that the man was a SOLDIER who returned to Midgar because he got sick, and they question whether it's even possible for a SOLDIER to get sick.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I've been skimming through the script files again today just to see what I can glean, and I think I came across some new Sephiroth Copy stuff.

First off, Tifa lives in an apartment complex called Stargazer Heights, and Cloud is staying next door. One of their neighbors is a strange guy with the number 49 tattooed on his arm. His NPC ID is "irz" though he doesn't have much actual dialogue, so it's hard to tell exactly what's going on with him. At some point "irz" is heard muttering "Reunion... Reunion..."

It seems like he's maybe making noise and keeping Cloud awake, so Cloud goes over and the guy spazzes out and grabs Cloud. Tifa stops the resulting tussle and calls the man Marco, says the landlady, Marle, asked her to check on him from time to time. She says he's got problems but isn't a bad guy. Note: Cloud does have a Sephiroth hallucination of some sort while staying in this apartment, just as he's falling asleep. In the morning, Avalanche is attacked by the Whispers.

In Chapter 8, there's also a new sidequest while you're acting as Aerith's bodyguard, when you find out that a guy in black clothes spooked some kids and they went missing. Cloud first assumes it was a Turk, but it's actually a sick man with a number tattooed on his arm, stumbling around in a dirty robe full of holes. Cloud says he knows someone who fits that description -- presumably Marco.

However, when they find the guy (NPC ID "ir2" though he has no spoken dialogue), Cloud says it's not him "but looks pretty damn similar," and Aerith recognizes he's got the number "2" tattooed on his arm. When Aerith asks Cloud what it could mean, he has a hallucination of Sephiroth saying "The reunion... is nothing to fear." When he comes out of it, he asks Aerith if she knows who Sephiroth is, and when she says they said he was killed in an accident on the news, Cloud says he thinks he's still alive. After rescuing the kids, they hint that the man was a SOLDIER who returned to Midgar because he got sick, and they question whether it's even possible for a SOLDIER to get sick.
reminds me of Kadaj and his gang fooling children to participate in their dark baptism.

this game is sure setting up to be darker than the original.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Coming back to clarify that while there are certainly Deep Ground enemies in the game, and they are referred to as such in the filenames and code, it doesn't seem that Deep Ground is explicitly referenced in the game itself, with the three DG enemies instead referred to as "Type-0 Behemoths," "Failed Experiments," and "Unknown Entities," respectively.

Also, as near as I can tell, they are encountered in a secret lab beneath the Sector 7 Slums, as part of a network of service tunnels, access points, and underground test sites that becomes accessible due to a cave-in following the plate collapse.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
To be fair, it would create a plot hole seeing as how Deepground are supposed to be unheard of post-VII. If they were to be seen in the past, it would make perfect sense that the characters themselves wouldn't know what they even are. It's a reference only those familiar with the material would pick up on.

....Although it would be a hilarious moment for Cloud in the future to go, "...Neon stripes... I've seen those somewhere before!"

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
To be fair, it would create a plot hole seeing as how Deepground are supposed to be unheard of post-VII. If they were to be seen in the past, it would make perfect sense that the characters themselves wouldn't know what they even are. It's a reference only those familiar with the material would pick up on.

....Although it would be a hilarious moment for Cloud in the future to go, "...Neon stripes... I've seen those somewhere before!"
Stuff like this is what I was hoping for when it comes to compilation material being added in.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Well, the DG enemies in Remake don't really resemble the ones seen in DC. They do have "neon strips" but here it looks more like glowing red cracks covering the bodies of the monsters. And the humanoid ones remind me more of the makonoids or heavily mutated Genesis Copies towards the end of CC.

Anyway, working on formatting something pretty big: a complete list of all named locations in the game, which appear to be roughly numbered by order of appearance.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Ahh that's true. We only see the neon "go-faaaaaster!" blue striped enemies in DC.

Although some soldiers/enemies in DC could have red stripes... If one were in multiplayer, that is. :monster:

I mean, given the fact this is in the past (from DC's perspective) it makes sense we'd see differing types of creatures not identical to what's been shown before. And it gives the designers creative freedom to go beyond just reusing assets or designs already seen before.

The Deepground Beast enemy looks like a mutated, evil Kamen Rider which is awesome.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, to be fair, it was always going to be a re-imagining since they are totally going above and beyond anything they did in a rinky-dink PS2 shooter game with less than 20 enemies :monster:

The real hilarious irony will be when Vincent debuts and he plays 100x better in this than his own featured game.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Okay, here we go. This is a long one: every currently named map, zone, and subzone in the game (using MMO parlance, for the sake of simplicity), as of the demo build. As always, this may be incomplete and is subject to change.

These localization strings were obtained from the Resident text resource file, which contains universal text strings primarily appearing in the game's UI. Though I'm not going to list the matching internal reference strings, I'll explain the format briefly here:

$naviXXX_name_location​
$naviXXX_name_layerYYY​
$naviXXX_name_partYYY_ZZZ​

XXX is the the "location" ID (map), YYY is the "layer" ID (zone), and ZZZ is the "part" ID (subzone).

For example, "$navi020_name_location = Sector 8", "$navi020_name_layer001 = Business District", and "$navi020_name_part001_050 = "Loveless Street", with Loveless Street being a subzone of the Business District zone of the Sector 8 map.

Two unique exceptions are $navi080_name_location_wm ("Sector 6") and $navi140_name_location_highway ("Midgar Expressway"), which are included alongside $navi080_name_location ("Sector 5") and $navi140_name_location ("Sector 0 - Shinra Electric Power Company"), respectively, suggesting that these maps are paired in a unique way.

Mako Reactor 1
  • Station - 1F
    • Ticket Gates
  • Connecting Passage
    • Station - 2F
    • Storage Area
    • Gate Passageway
    • Front Gate
  • Mako Reactor 1 - B1
    • Utility Access
  • Mako Reactor 1 - B2
    • Utility Access
  • Mako Reactor 1 - B3
    • Utility Access
  • Mako Reactor 1 - B4
    • Armory
    • Reactor Control Room
    • Temporary Scaffolding
  • Mako Reactor 1 - B5
    • Reactor Core Upper Level - Right Bridge
    • Reactor Core Upper Level - Front Bridge
  • Mako Reactor 1 - B6
    • Reactor Core Mid-Level - Center Bridge
    • Reactor Core Mid-Level - Front Bridge
  • Mako Reactor 1 - B7
    • Reactor Core Lower Level - Left Bridge
  • Mako Reactor 1 - B8
    • Reactor Core Bottom Level - Main Bridge

Sector 8
  • Plate Partition - Interior
    • Connecting Passageway
  • Business District
    • Warehouse Zone
    • Station Avenue
    • Station
    • Station Alleyway
    • Loveless Street
    • Fountain Plaza - Rear Gate
    • Residential Area
  • Last Train Bound for Sector 7 Undercity
    • Freight Car
    • Passenger Car

Sector 7 Slums
  • Sector 7 Slums Area
    • Station
    • Pillar Plaza
    • Pillar
    • Gate
    • Residential Area
    • Municipal Storage Area
    • Scrap Boulevard
    • Abandoned Factory
    • Beginner's Hall
    • Train Graveyard Entrance
  • Beginner's Hall - 2F
  • null
    • Residential Area
  • Pillar - 2F
  • Pillar - 3F
  • Pillar - 4F
  • Pillar - 5F
  • Pillar - 6F
  • Pillar - 7F
  • Pillar - 8F
  • Pillar - 9F
  • Pillar - 10F
  • Pillar - 11F
  • Pillar - 12F
  • Pillar - 13F
  • Pillar - 14F
  • Pillar - 15F

Sector 7
  • S7 Depot
    • Emergency Passageway
  • Employee Housing Area
    • Overhead Tunnel
    • Mid-Level Employee Housing
    • Sector 7-6 Annex
    • Plate Partition: Connecting Passageway
    • Plate Edge

Corkscrew Tunnel
  • Train Bound for Sector 4
    • Passenger Car
  • Section C
    • Railway Control C1
    • Railway Control C2
    • Railway Control C4
  • Section D
    • Connecting Passageway
  • Section E
    • Railway Control E2
    • Railway Control E1
    • Railway Control E3
    • Former Railyard Section
  • Plate Maintenance Corridor
    • Loading Bay

Sector 4 - Plate Interior
  • Plate Upper Level
    • Section F Cargo Platform
    • Section F No. 1 Lighting Equipment
    • Section F Facility Control Room
    • Section G Utility Access
    • Plate Ventilation Facilities - Work Platform
    • Plate Ventilation Facilities - Control Room
    • Plate Ventilation Facilities - Interior
    • Section H - Sun Lamp 1
    • Section H - Sun Lamp 2
    • Section H - Sun Lamp 3
  • Plate Mid-Level
    • Section F Utility Access
    • Section H Utility Access
    • Section H - Sun Lamp 1
    • Section H - Sun Lamp 2
    • Section H - Sun Lamp 3
  • Plate Lower Level
  • Plate Partition - Interior
    • Plate Lower Level - Connecting Passageway

Mako Reactor 5
  • Mako Reactor 5 - B1
    • Perimeter Passageway
    • Utility Access
  • Mako Reactor 5 - B2
    • Utility Access
  • Mako Reactor 5 - B3
    • Utility Access
  • Mako Reactor 5 - B4
    • Armory
    • Mako Reactor Control Room
  • Mako Reactor 5 - B5
    • Reactor Core Upper Level - Light Bridge
    • Connecting Passageway
    • Connecting Passageway
    • B5 Facilities
  • Mako Reactor 5 - B6
    • Reactor Core Mid-Level - Center Bridge
    • Connecting Passageway
    • B6 Facilities
  • Mako Reactor 5 - B7
    • Reactor Core Lower Level - Left-side Bridge
    • Connecting Passageway
    • B7 Facilities
  • Mako Reactor 5 - B8
    • Reactor Core Bottom Level - Main Bridge
    • B8 Facilities
  • Front Gate
    • Gate Office
    • Security Ops
    • Gate Passageway
    • Waste Storage

Sector 5 Slums
Sector 6 Slums
  • Sector 5 Slums Area
    • Church - Chapel
    • Church
    • Rooftops
    • Sanctuary Way
    • Sector 5 Slums Station
    • Scrapyard Back Alley
    • Twilight Valley
    • Steel Mountain
    • Nuts 'n' Bolts Hills
    • Station Way
    • Center District
    • Petal Lane
    • Aerith's House
    • Children's Secret Hideout
    • Undeveloped Land - Specter St.
    • Undeveloped Land - Toad Marsh
    • Lookout Point
    • Slum Public Cemetery
  • Church - 2F
    • Church - 2F
  • Church - 3F
    • Church - 3F
  • Church Attic
    • Church Attic
  • Aerith's House - 2F
    • Aerith's House - 2F
  • Aerith's House - Roof
    • Veranda
  • Sector 6 Slums
    • S6-5 Road - Near Sector 5
    • Former Plate Interior - Utility Access
    • Collapsed Expressway - Caved-in Tunnel
    • Collapsed Expressway - Machinery Graveyard
    • Collapsed Expressway - Large Cave-In
    • Collapsed Expressway - Utility Tunnel
    • Evergreen Park
    • Sector 6 Slums - Gate
    • S7-6 Road
    • Wall Market
    • Honeybee Inn - Reception
    • Urban Advancement District
    • Corneo's Mansion - Front Entrance
    • Corneo's Mansion - Central Foyer
    • S6-5 Road
    • Honeybee Inn - Honeyhall
    • Collapsed Expressway - Old Bypass
  • Collapsed Expressway - Lower Level
    • Robot Arm Worksite
    • Path Through Fissure
    • Thug's Lair
    • Dual Robot Arms Worksite
    • Bandits' Den
  • Corneo Colosseum
    • Underground Arena
  • Corneo's Mansion - 2F
    • Central Foyer
    • Henchmen's Hangout
    • Storage
    • Playroom
    • Corneo's Office
  • Corneo's Mansion - Basement
    • Forbidden Room
    • Underground Passage

Sewer System
  • Sector 6 Sewers
    • Settling Basin 1
    • Aqueduct 1
    • Aqueduct 2
    • Settling Basin Corridor
    • Sector 7-6 - Main Aqueduct
  • Sector 7 Sewers
    • Aqueduct 3
    • Aqueduct 2
    • Aqueduct 1
    • Inter-Aqueduct Passageway
    • Primary Treatment
  • Trunk Line - Control Section
    • Primary Treatment Utility Access
  • Trunk Line - Primary Treatment
    • Bottom of Primary Treatment
  • Sector 6 Sewers
    • Sector 7-6 Trunk Line
    • Aqueduct 3
    • Aqueduct 4
    • Settling Basin 2
  • Sector 6 - Old Aqueduct
    • Old Aqueduct 1
    • Old Primary Treatment Control Room
    • Old Trunk Line
    • Ventilation Duct
  • Old Trunk Line - Control Section
    • Primary Treatment Utility Access
    • Former Disposal Area
    • Aqueduct Connecting Passageway

Train Graveyard
  • Old Sector 7 Station - Switchyard
    • Switchyard 2 - Section C
    • Switchyard 2 - Section B
    • Switchyard 2 - Section A
    • Storage Facility
    • Switchyard 1 - Turntable
    • Switchyard 1 - Section B
    • Switchyard 1 - Section A
    • Freight Storage
  • Storage Facility - 2F
    • Maintenance Facility

Sector 7 - Collapsed Plate Area
  • S7-6 - Service Tunnel
    • Power Substation
    • Power Substation - Prohibited Area
  • Sector 7 Slums
    • Surface Route
    • Former Residential Area
    • Cave-in
  • Underground Test Site - B1
    • Researcher Access
    • Break Room
    • Specimen Testing Area
  • Underground Test Site - B2
    • Type-F Specimens - Creche
    • Type-D Specimens - Creche
  • Underground Lab - B3
    • Researcher Access
  • Underground Lab - B4
    • Researcher Access
  • Underground Lab - B5
    • Type-E Specimens - Nursery
    • Type-B Specimens - Isolation Zone
  • Underground Test Site - B6
    • Waste Processing Chamber
    • Researcher Access
    • Type-C Specimens - Nursery

Collapsed Sector 7 Plate
  • 40M Above Ground Level
    • Business District
    • Distillation Tower 1 - 1F
  • 45M Above Ground Level
    • Distillation Tower 2 - 2F
  • 55M Above Ground Level
    • Distillation Tower 2 - 3F
    • Distillation Tower 1 - 3F
  • 65M Above Ground Level
    • Distillation Tower 2 - 4F
    • Collapsed Service Tunnel
    • Central Tower - 1F
  • 80M Above Ground Level
    • S7 Chemical Industries Building
    • Midgar Loopline Expressway - Tunnel 7
    • Central Tower - 2F
  • 100M Above Ground Level
    • Central Tower - 6F
  • 110M Above Ground Level
    • Central Tower - 8F
  • 115M Above Ground Level
    • Central Tower - 9F
  • 120M Above Ground Level
    • Central Tower - 10F
    • Shinra Construction Tank - 1F
  • 130M Above Ground Level
    • Industrial Tank - 2F
  • 135M Above Ground Level
    • Industrial Tank - 3F
  • 140M Above Ground Level
    • Industrial Tank - 4F
  • 145M Above Ground Level
    • Collapsed Highway
    • Industrial Tank Control Wing - 1F
  • 155M Above Ground Level
    • Industrial Tank Scaffolding
    • Industrial Tank Control Wing - 2F
  • 160M Above Ground Level
    • Industrial Tank Utility Access
  • 190M Above Ground Level
    • Crane - Lower Mast
  • 220M Above Ground Level
    • Crane

Sector 0 - Shinra Electric Power Company
Midgar Expressway

• Shinra Building - Perimeter
    • Exterior Walkway
    • Shinra Building - Main Entrance
    • Shinra Building
    • Underground Parking Garage
  • Underground Parking - B1
    • Parking Garage - Section A
    • Parking Garage - Section B
    • Underground Loading Bay
  • 1F - Entrance
    • Service Entrance
    • Lobby
  • 2F - Atrium
    • Light Fixture Scaffolding
  • 3F - Elevator Hall
    • Cafe and Lounge
    • Light Fixtures
    • Emergency Exit
    • Evacuation Route
    • Elevator Hall
    • Exhibition Hall
  • Evacuation Passage
    • Emergency Stairwell
  • 10F - General Affairs
    • Elevator Hall
  • 20F - Research and Development
    • Elevator Hall
  • 59F - Skyview Hall
    • Skyview Lounge
    • Skyview Hall
    • Escalator Hall
  • 60F - Memorial Floor
    • Escalator Hall
    • President Shinra Exhibit
    • Business Division Exhibit
    • Mako Energy Exhibit
  • 61F - Visual Entertainment Hall
    • Escalator Hall
    • Virtual Reality Theater
  • 62F Lower Level - Corporate Archives
    • Escalator Hall
    • Corporate Archives - Lobby
  • 62F Upper Level - Corporate Archives
    • Corporate Archives Corridor
    • Mayor's Office
  • 63F Lower Level - Recreational Facility
    • Escalator Hall
    • Urban Planning Division
    • Food Court
  • 63F Upper Level - Recreational Facility
    • Combat Simulator Lounge
  • 64F - Conference Rooms
    • Escalator Hall
    • Conference Area
    • Laboratory Passage
  • 64F Ceiling - Air Conditioning Duct
    • Ventilation Duct
  • 65F - Hojo's Laboratory: Sublevel
    • Laboratory Passage
    • Specimen Enclosures
    • Testing Facility
  • 66F - Hojo's Laboratory: Main Level
    • Central Laboratory
    • Control Bridge
    • Employee Break Room
    • Combat Simulator
  • The Drum - Level 1
    • Incubation
  • The Drum - Level 2
    • Passage A
    • Passage B
    • 1st Ward - Passageway
  • The Drum - Level 3
    • Passage C
    • 1st Ward - Training Area
  • The Drum - Level 4
    • Passage C
    • Monitoring Area
    • Passage D
    • 2nd Ward - Biological Testing
    • 2nd Ward - Robotics Testing
    • 2nd Ward - Prototype Inspection
    • Passage E
    • Central Control Terminal
  • The Drum - Level 5
    • Passage F
    • 2nd Ward - Control Deck
    • Passage E
  • The Drum - Level 6
    • Passage F
    • 3rd Ward - Bulkhead Passageway
    • 3rd Ward - Nursery
    • 3rd Ward - Feed Storage
    • Passage G
    • Passage E
    • Passage H
    • 2nd Ward - Specimen Refinement
  • The Drum - Level 7
    • 3rd Ward - Piping System
    • Passage H
    • Passage I
  • The Drum - Level 8
    • Passage H
    • 4th Ward - Drain 1
    • 4th Ward - Synthesis Chamber
    • 4th Ward - Drain 2
  • The Drum - Top Floor
    • Main Bridge
    • Lower Connecting Bridge
    • Upper Connecting Bridge
    • Jenova Pod
  • 69F - Executive Suite
    • Entrance
    • Executive Lobby
  • 70F - President's Office
    • Executive Lobby
    • Executive Office
    • Heliport
  • Radio Tower
    • Antenna Mast
  • Highway
    • End of the Road

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So I have a question for all you fine speculators, perhaps especially @Suzaku since you may be most familiar with the data leak.

What is Palmer's in-game bio referring to here?: "Director of Shinra's Space and Aeronautics Department. His department, originally founded to exploit extraterrestrial resources, has all but folded since the advent of mako energy."

Is this just wishful thinking on my part or is this possibly referring to stuff like the Shera airship -- the "relic from a lost civilization"/"legacy of an ancient civilization" that operates on a "mysterious ancient power source"?

Palmer's department pre-dates both the mako energy infrastructure and the discovery of Jenova, so it's not likely referring to either of those.

Top Bottom