Little oddities and incongruities in the FF7 World. [SPOILERS]

"Turk" is just a name. I doubt there was any deep thinking behind it. It sounded cool; a cool name for a gang of hoodlums.

My own headcanon is that when the Department of Administrative Research was first established, Midgar was in the earliest stages of construction, and there was no Shinra Building. Veld therefore set up a temporary office in some rooms above a pub called "The Turks' Head". Still doesn't explain what Turks are doing in the world of FFVII. Maybe they're some sub-species of tonberry?

Oh look here's a historical photo:
turks head.jpeg

waw

Pro Adventurer
"Turk" is just a name. I doubt there was any deep thinking behind it. It sounded cool; a cool name for a gang of hoodlums.

My own headcanon is that when the Department of Administrative Research was first established, Midgar was in the earliest stages of construction, and there was no Shinra Building. Veld therefore set up a temporary office in some rooms above a pub called "The Turks' Head". Still doesn't explain what Turks are doing in the world of FFVII. Maybe they're some sub-species of tonberry?

Works for me! I headcanon something like Vincent and Veld were among the first members of something akin to the "Pinkertons" or Felt Brothers' Detective Agency and they were probably something like the Turk's Detective Agency (working for a dude named Turk) and bought out by Shinra. Hence all this weird attitude Veld has about how they operate and what is and isn't Turk like while having a high degree of paperwork-focus. And as much as these historical private eye firms were about solving crimes, they were also critical in protecting mining interests and the likes against labor insurgents and strikers. Really fit in some ways.

Also leaves room for ol' Vinny and Veld to originally have been horror researchers (Turk's Horror Researcher Agency?! XD)

I've never understood why that work, of all words, was chosen for these guys.

Top Bottom