Speedruns thread

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Haha, yes, I'd meant to mention that it isn't a speed run, but it IS live in that it's not a TAS run (which mostly what this thread exists from the other for).

:monster:

X :neo:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
There's a really awesome block where they're doing a Mario series relay, Super Metroid and FFVII basically back-to-back. I'll have to stay up for it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Val JP's been doing runs of Super Warp World, and keeps breaking the World Record. He's determined to get a sub 30 min run, which I'm sure he'll manage since he hasn't quite managed a deathless run yet. I'm subbed to his channel, so it's cool seeing every time there's a new upload of it coming faster.

Additionally, GrandPOObear's been speed running Super Dram World 2, and is getting closer to a deathless run as well, but is still breaking world records along the way: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174121346

Fangu

Great Old One
Also for several of you it would be interesting to know that when FFVII is finished in a couple of hours, FF Tactics is the next game :monster:

Gigglesnort, it's still going.

:desu:

Go to Twitch and say hi

Fangu

Great Old One
^ Ahyup. Okay I thought it was kinda funny watching sk84uhlivin speedrunning Barbie games, but what even is that game, just what :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Yeah, it's a physics based game where you climb things, and despite how speedrunners make it seem, it is INCREDIBLY difficult, and full of dry humour and comments and such. I can't get enough of watching people of all skill levels play it.

Mayhaps I'll make a thread just full of people giving it a go.

:awesomonster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Something went wrong with your link, but I guess it was this.

I've watched some of Elbod's runs before. I've even thought it would cool to play the games like that, but I'd never be able to speedrun them.

Ghost X

Some dude (who is apparently well-known in at least Tetris circles) aims for one Tetris speed record and fails, but then realises he broke another record unintentionally.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
AGDQ 2018 starts on Sunday: schedule. This year's Final Fantasy game is IV, which is a good game for speedruns, but it's been done before. They seem to really like running I, IV and VI.

Top Bottom