• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Locations IRL that evoke FFVII

raregamecollector.com

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I used to live near here, the Taiheiyo Cement factory in Hokuto-shi, Japan. It has a very Midgar-esque feel, to the point where even my friends started jokingly calling it Midgar. It's a huge hulking factory in the middle of a small city and it dominates the landscape.

thumb5.jpg

raregamecollector.com

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Horyuji Temple in Nara Japan = Wutai. Horyuji has the oldest wooden buildings in the world. Of course you could say just about any Buddhist temple reminds one of Wutai, but I chose this one as it's one of the oldest (if not THE oldest) buddhist temple in Japan. Was fortunate enough to visit here last here.

Japan_Nara_Horyuji_01d49398b7d444e49e476bf8e7061442.jpg

raregamecollector.com

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I know this isnt FF7, but my mind was blown when I found out that Vagrant Story's Lea Monde was inspired by a real own in southwest France called Saint-Émilion.

FR_Bordeaux_Saint-Emilion.jpg

It's reminiscent of the train graveyard as depicted in Dirge of Cerberus. Just add the correct type of ground and we're all set.

To resemble OG, some blue filter should be applied.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
ShinRa manor:

estacion-internacional-de-canfranc_6107221.jpg

This thing being inside one of the buildings of this complex which reminds me of the train graveyard:

Canfranc_train_station.jpg

This is "Estación de Canfranc" in Spain. I went there as part of a school trip, actually. And found it really cool. When some time ago I found out they were restoring the place, I felt sad as I had been hoping to go back to check out the place while abandoned :(

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
Not sure if people are still interested in this topic, but I've been collecting some amazing images of FFVII IRL. Got about 50 to post but I'm slowly adding them to a designated album on my Facebook fan page. You'll notice that some have come from this thread, but I will always credit the original poster. Hope you enjoy them :D

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
Here are some of my favourites that I assume have not been seen before...

I actually posted this on my page yesterday. It's a restaurant in York, England. A lot of the old city there looks like Kalm.
york5.jpg

Aogashima Volcano in Japan reminds me of Round Island
Aogashima Volcano, Japan.jpg

This pic will be going live on my page today. It's Lake Sorvagsvatn in the Faroe Islands and looks like the crater that appears in the Junon Area after Weapon emerge.
fAROE iSLANDS lake sorvagsvatn.jpg

Here is Shanghai's Magic Forest which reminds me of the Sleeping Forest as it appears in Advent Children
Magic-Forest-in-Shanghai sleeping forest.jpg

And, finally, this is an eruption at Turkey's Mount Ararat which makes me think of Weapon escaping from the Northern Crater
Mount Ararat eruption Turkey.jpg

Thoughts?

This is Stein am Rhein in Switzerland. I used to go there quite often when I was a kid and visiting my father's parents, so this is always the town I think of when I picture Kalm.

Stein-am-Rhein_zpscaa6490b.jpg

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Actually thats a dead ringer for ff8s Dollet.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Another place I've been to!! I always figure that those type of Germanic (that place's on the German part of Switzerland) small towns are the inspiration for Kalm...

Dollet, I feel it looks a bit more modern than that... I can see how it looks similar but something doesn't quite fit to me! Can't put my finger on what it is, though. If I had to guess, I'd say the particularly ornate architechture.

Dollet is less Germanic. To me, it was always like old-time Paris.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
Abandoned Russian missile factory. Always reminded me of a Mako Reactor, and a myriad of other videogame locations. If I'm not thinking of something else, I also think Terry Gilliam modeled one of hte major locations of his new movie Zero Theorem after this place too.

Attachments

• Russian Military Rocket Factory.jpg
    Russian Military Rocket Factory.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 23

Kassi

Pro Adventurer
AKA
tardis60, dephinia
Forgot about Sachin Tendulkar's Shell House in Mumbai!

sa01.jpg

Sachin-Tendulkars-New-Bandra-Mumbai-Shell-House2-500x356.jpg

Sachin-Tendulkars-New-House-Shell-House-10-520x370.jpg

Kassi

Top Bottom