• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Locked Heart // Tifa Lockhart

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
tifa.jpg

Sephiroth should have known he'd gone too far when he asked for milk.

jelly

Pro Adventurer
Wow, those are soo wonderfully put together. Theyre so beautiful and capture all the characters' tastes and personalities. Course the Tifa ones were the best <3 The wallmarket dress - so feminine! childhood dress - so innocent! and the fighter and AC outfits - so edgy!

its such a neat idea and you guys are so talented! thanks for sharing.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I colored my Tifa picture awhile ago, but I don't think I ever got around to posting it. Nothing fabulous, but I had fun with it. ^-^

teef_by_szajn_sama-d4eq09f.png

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Thats amazing FHS, I'm so jealous right now, how do you get everything looking so smooth and professional looking?

Fangu

Great Old One
Thats amazing FHS, I'm so jealous right now, how do you get everything looking so smooth and professional looking?
Yeah -- I'd like to know what technique you use for blending, if it's airbrush, normal brushes, or something else? Because it looks so good! DeviantArt said you used "Sai", never heard of that, is that the software?

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch

Yeah -- I'd like to know what technique you use for blending, if it's airbrush, normal brushes, or something else? Because it looks so good! DeviantArt said you used "Sai", never heard of that, is that the software?

Awww, thanks guys. I do use Easy Paint Tool Sai, which is a lightweight graphic software. I have Photoshop CS4 extended and CS5 and I still prefer to draw in Sai, it's just a really smooth and user friendly program. Here's a link for a free trial: http://sai.detstwo.com/sai/.

As for the tools I use, I just use the standard round brush in Sai to lay all my base colors and shadows and highlights. For blending I use the watercolor tool. That's it. My technique is really, really, simple and fast. I may do a livestream coloring this weekend if I have the motivation. ^-^

Since this is the Tifa thread I won't comment anymore on that stuff, but if you want you can note me here: http://szajn-sama.deviantart.com/ on my DA account. :joy:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Thank you OWD! <3<3<3

And just so I'm not being useless in this thread, here are some Tifa fanarts (standard apologies for any repeats):

tifa_2012_final_fantasy_vii_by_prolificpen-d4m656w.jpg

___tifa_lockhart____by_paka2-d4m05k4.jpg

tifa_lockhart___d012duodecimff_by_ish1ki-d38fb3r.png

tifa_by_silvanickart-d4lpzs5.jpg

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I don't like it.

It's a bizarre mix of realism and stylization that doesn't mesh well. Looks like the artist copied a photo and then superimposed Tifa's appearance on it. For example, it looks like she's wearing high heels instead of boots. Anatomy looks off too.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I don't like it.

It's a bizarre mix of realism and stylization that doesn't mesh well. Looks like the artist copied a photo and then superimposed Tifa's appearance on it. For example, it looks like she's wearing high heels instead of boots. Anatomy looks off too.

Yeah, I hate to criticise cos 90% the time I fuck up the anatomy but theres something wrong in the torso/hip area. Plus her arms seem a bit short? Or maybe her torso is a bit too long, cos her hand should be level with mid-thigh Also I don't think shes pretty enough to be Tifa. :monster:

Don't get me wrong though, its a million times better than anything I could do! :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well her arm is raised and angled so that could easily explain the short length of her arm.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I dunno, I did an experiment in the mirror where I copied that pose and it didn't affect the positon of my straight arm. Though it probably is the torso length thats the problem. Just on most women the arm comes down a little further past the 'lady garden'.

Then again, I don't have an athletic physique at all :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I dunno, I did an experiment in the mirror where I copied that pose and it didn't affect the positon of my straight arm. Though it probably is the torso length thats the problem. Just on most women the arm comes down a little further past the 'lady garden'.

That's not just women, but humans in general. Your wrist lines up with your crotch.

When I said raised, I meant from the shoulder, but yeah it's weird.

Top Bottom