Lord of the Rings TV Show [Amazon]

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
That’s a team I can put some faith in! (I’m also all about giving more hype to the creative team).

The costume designer, Kate Hawley, has an interesting resume. It’s interesting that they don’t mention that she worked on the Hobbit films, perhaps because her role there was smaller than it was in Edge of Tomorrow and Suicide Squad? It’s good to know she’s been to middle earth before. ^_^

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Best look of the show so far.

Galadriel lookin awesome.

story is the real dealbreaker though...

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
And we're in mid July, and they're being very coy about the story. Huh.

They've mostly been selling visuals and effects so far, plus they're doing the whole 'look! PRACTICAL effects' thing, which is usually a bad sign. Not much by way of red flags, but nothing hype driving either.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I bought something on Amazon recently for someone else (I try not to, have ethical concerns about the company) and they offered me free shipping if I took the thirty day free trial of Prime (I didn't). Amazon is pushing Prime hard.

While the online toxicity is off the chain, at this point the promotional materials haven't really been appealing. I have pretty low expectations right now.

Reactions: Wol

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
The marketing material has gotten so easily memeable, it's hard to take the show seriously lol

And I still don't know what the story is actually about...

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Galadriel is the clearest strand, there seems to be a great evil they thought was defeated. Galadriel knows something is up and is hunting it (but isn't believed?) so she tries to find other allies, by accident or design ends up in Numenor.

Elinor Brandyfoot the Harfoot... meets Meteor man, everything else still a mystery.

Miriel... an ally of Galadriel. There will be Numenor political scheming, but that's book knowledge, not ROP promo material

Arondir...dunno? Fighting?

Bronwyn, healer, single mother, secretly lover of Arondir, but what does she do in the story? Dunno.

I'm not being snarky, this is genuinely what I can tell from the promo stuff. Book lore is not helpful, because they don't have the rights to the Silmarillion, so they're not following it.

I straight up don't know what's happening in Khazad Dum. They discover mythril and are in some sort of conflict?

Am I missing anything?
I dunno, fans always think non fans need more information than they do, but I feel like we should know more two weeks from release. Trailers usually set up the main conflicts, but the only one we have is Galadriels, the other characters are still mostly a mystery. Whatever about the quality of the show, the marketing is... not great, so far.

Edit: I will give it one thing: Galadriel's theme music is goddamned awesome.

I looked at Youtube, and every piece of promotional material comment section is just people taking the piss, even after they got rid of the 'evil cannot create' quote.

Last edited:

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Lol at Celeborn.

d380d7e83994dd532971241e76858ed0cd2e2272.gif

Top Bottom