Lost Numbers EP - Composer was a forum member?

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Hello all,

I recently stumbled upon Lost Numbers EP, the sole release from folk-pop group Lost Numbers. It's good stuff, I used to listen to it everyday a few years back. I believe I learned of the EP from the composer themselves while they were a forum member here, but I can't recall who. I specifically remember asking if their group's name was a reference to the FF7 boss "Lost Number", to which they said yes. Give them a listen on Bandcamp, maybe even support them!

https://xanderwilliams.bandcamp.com/

If anyone remembers who they are I'd be happy to know. Just want to thank them for their great music.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
What a delight! That is indeed me. Glad you enjoyed the EP. And yep, it was a reference to the monster from the Vincent side-quest, but everyone always asked us if it was a reference to the show Lost. We tossed around a few replacement names (We performed for a while under the name Gillikin) but our plans for a follow-up album fizzled when one of our members died suddenly. She was a very talented cellist, and a dear friend. <3

We all kind of drifted apart over the years, but there is at least an album's worth of new songs written that I'd love to record one day. If you want to hear one more tune from us, we wrote the music to the web series Blank Verse, and the end credits features our last jam together. Enjoy!

Damocles

It must be nice for you
not to wonder if it's "no" or "yes"
It must be nice not to have to guess
It must be such a thrill
Staying safe and honouring your place
If dreams were wings, you'd be Daedelus

Small man
Weak man
Would you trade your misery for a blade?
For a sceptre in your hand?
Small man
Weak man
What will it take to kick you awake?
To make you understand
That going nowhere's going nowhere
We won't get there 'til we go there

Make it quiet in your head as you rise through the ranks
Or it may just kill you dead
Holy hell!
Hanging by a----
How did the dream get real?
All the good?
All the bad?
All the blistering appeal?
Close enough just to feel it.

refrain

Terrified of failure
And yet
You're afraid of success?
Get over it.
Hurry up and die
Or stop these high-placed hopes
From waiting
For the sword to drop

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Awesome. Thank you for your great music.

Do you have a clean version of the Blank Verse credit song? And a PayPal? I'd send some dollars your way for access to that. It's a joy to listen to.

Sorry to hear about the death of your friend. I wish only the best for you and the other band members.

Top Bottom