Love Triangle Spoiler Thread

MissSugar

good girl =D
Exactly, I don't consider it as a smile either. He kinda shows a relief and awareness that he's not alone anymore, refering to his family and friends. I admire those pinkers for twisting things around lol like claiming Cloud's refering to Aerith, cause she lives on inside him etc
For me, Zack and Aerith were shown equally, they were like guardian angels or even like mommy and daddy to Cloud, helping him to forgive himself and become a hero finally :monster:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Exactly. I'm really not sure where they get "she lives in him" BS they spout. Guilt is not now, nor ever will be synonymous with love.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The expression shown to Zack and Aerith isn't exactly a smile. It's a satisfied look, but you really cannot call it a smile.

As for where they get the 'Aerith alone lives on in Cloud', it's from the subtitles of Distance (the AC making of featurette), which say Aerith lives on in Cloud's consciousness. Where this falls down, however, is that the actual spoken word does not specifically refer to Cloud or Aerith (just the dead living on in the living), and even if it did, the clarifying examples are strictly familial in nature, of a grandmother being remembered by her grandkids, and a father being remembered by his children when they pass on.

It's further kiboshed with the 'lives on in ALL' statement from the U10.

It's ADDITIONALLY rendered moot by remembering that 'Lives on inside' is figurative speech for remembering the fallen.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
It's ADDITIONALLY rendered moot by remembering that 'Lives on inside' is figurative speech for remembering the fallen.

Soooo....Cloud's Simba and she's Mufasa. Awesome. :P

But seriously, given context and even just common sense, the idea that she lives on in him in any way aside from fond remembrance is just creepy.

Sometimes, reading those things I just want to shout: "Okay, everyone, all aboard the 'tard train! Woot woot!"
Tard_train_by_ManiacalMuffin.gif

Isabella

Your Mom
Sometimes, reading those things I just want to shout: "Okay, everyone, all aboard the 'tard train! Woot woot!"
That's how I felt when I read about the Bobbing Pink Ribbon in Calling. If I truly believed SE inserted that lens flare, I would be pissed at them for inserting something so LAUGHABLY LAME. I certainly wouldn't embrace it, Cleris or not.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol If that lens flair was undeniable proof for Cloti I still wouldn't embrace it. That's got to be the most lame piece of symbolism ever thought up.

And I wonder how many of these people are going to insert something equally as lame into one of their self-insertian fanfics down the line and claim, "Well SE did it!" And then we'd all laugh.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Am I missing something? Is there a secret CoL discussion going on and I'm not invited, or has no-one really posted about it yet? D'=

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
His "smile" to Aerith ONLY wasn't even mentioned
according to Cleris logic, that's the only one that matters; the more important it is, the less it is mentioned. It's so important it can't be mentioned or our heads would cave in from the sheer awesomeness :monster:

Sadly, I'm not making this up :(

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
according to Cleris logic, that's the only one that matters; the more important it is, the less it is mentioned. It's so important it can't be mentioned or our heads would cave in from the sheer awesomeness :monster:

Sadly, I'm not making this up :(

That logic makes my head hurt.
_Zidane__by_Camikaze.gif

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
They're both Mufasa.

And the FF7AC/ Furry!Hamlet comparisons are actually kinda old hat at this point.

Top Bottom