• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I'm sorry if I'm disrupting the flow of the discussions here but I'm here as a new player. This game came out several years before I was even born and this LTD thing has been raging on for as many years as I've lived it seems! Anyway, after lurking for a bit, I felt I wanted to add my two cents regarding this post:

I did all the side quests for both girls. Got the amazing scene where Cloud got blown away by Aerith's beauty. She was gorgeous. I think I fell im love with her a bit there too. BUT I woke up Tifa in the sewers cause, I dunno, I kind of missed talking to her at that point since I hadn't seen her in a while, and when I finally did I had to romance Don Corneo barfs. I got Tifa's resolution scene.

We had an earlier scene of Cloud feeling helpless to comfort her and balling his fists in frustration, and I felt frustrated with him too, so like this led up perfectly to the scene of him comforting her in the flower beds TO ME. I was literally shouting at him to hug her and when he finally did I was like, yaaas bijj now KISS HER. But of course I get that it's not all about the romance, but it's really hard for me not to see these two in that way, especially with the tinkling instrumentals in the bgm that sounded like glass butterfly wings fluttering.

Also, I got a kick outta this scene cause I have a hard time navigating places PERIODT, so when I accidentally walked the wrong way, Cloud's head wouldn't budge and kept smackdab turned towards Tifa standing there even though hia body was moving in a different direction.

It didn't seem out of place to me. I also didn't know the tumble down the tracks in Corkscrew Tunnel was a hidden scene either until someone put it on yt where he jumps out of the train window alone. I can't imagine Cloud NOT fighting the slug rays on the train and just letting them zap his ass, so I sure as hell fought them off. I wonder who wouldn't?

Anyway, I replayed to unlock Aerith's scene as well because she's just too cute. I love her interactions with Cloud too.

I am playing the original now on my bro's vita. I think maybe my perception would be skewed toward Aerith's resolution if I played the og first. I'm not sure. Before starting the og game I thought she was moving a bit too fast for me with the L word but I get it now sort of. It just seems so tragic and heart-breaking now.

I apologize for the tl;dr but I just wanted to put it out there that new players such as myself don't see the Tifa resolution as out of place at all and it and certain hidden scenes seemed natural and organic.

Welcome to the Forums! It is always nice to read a post from a really fresh point of view. You are going to love the OG game.

During the Tifa CH14 cutscene I was right there with you yelling at Cloud to hug her you socially awkward knuckle head.

This game came out several years before I was even born and this LTD thing has been raging on for as many years as I've lived it seems!

This makes me wanna cry! :'(

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I'm sorry if I'm disrupting the flow of the discussions here but I'm here as a new player. This game came out several years before I was even born and this LTD thing has been raging on for as many years as I've lived it seems! Anyway, after lurking for a bit, I felt I wanted to add my two cents regarding this post:

the fact that you're going back to the original makes an old fart like me really happy. if remake did anything, it made me love the original that much more.

Have fun my zoomer friend. Let us know what happens when you go to Gold Saucer for the second time!

youffie

Pro Adventurer
And even if he wanted to, it's not like he actually gets to choose, at least in the OG (doesn't being "options" for him to choose from diminish their characters more?). By the time he can even make that decision, it's too late anyway. Plus, half the stuff that gets discussed to death in these threads goes waaay above his head.

…Now I have this mental picture of Cloud going through this thread and developing severe anxiety for the rest of his life. Poor kid can't catch a breath :P

Last edited:

MasterMoogle

Pro Adventurer
Only if you (incorrectly) believe that everyone has to "choose one."

I highly doubt either Tifa or Aerith are interested in an open-relationship. Nor do I think Cloud is stalling until he can get them to agree to share.

I wasn't making a general point about monogamy versus polygamy.

And even if he wanted to, it's not like he actually gets to choose, at least in the OG (doesn't being "options" for him to choose from diminishes their characters more?). By the time he can even make that decision, it's too late anyway. Plus, half the stuff that gets discussed to death in these threads goes waaay above his head.

…Now I have this mental picture of Cloud going through this thread and developing severe anxiety for the rest of his life. Poor kid can't catch a breath :P

Then perhaps Cloud isn't to blame, but the writers/devs themselves for perpetuating this triangle despite it frankly diminishing the characters.

There shouldn't be ambiguity around Cloud and Tifa's relationship post-ff7, but to this day you still see people arguing that they weren't together. On top of that, you see Cloud and Aerith orbiting eachother in many final fantasy spin-off material. The funny thing is that you'll often see Clerith shippers use these table scraps the writers give them in order to disprove Cloti.

The creators are deliberately trying to draw this out, and it's annoying. They need to accept that you can't please everyone. Instead of fighting over Team-Tifa versus Team-Aerith, and being told that the devs are going to make things more "equal" in response, both sides should be pushing for an end to the triangle, once and for all and in a more conclusive manner.

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Just a few observations regarding the French translation: I don't know if they're closer to the JP transcript (I suspect they are), but there are a few differences of lines that are used to argue:

Aerith's to Tifa "follow your heart!" in ch12 is in French "do what you have to do!".

Cloud's to Elmyra on ch14 next morning is "it's as if destiny was calling me. I must go." and Tifa's is: "we know how you feel, but please, we all want to save her. We all care a lot about her".

Incidentally that somehow fits the destiny theme? IDK what the JP transcript is for these lines, but I'd use them carefully?

Also note: the French movie I'm watching is heavily edited, so it's hard for me to say that for sure the guy had the Tifa scene because I was damn sure he was going to get Aerith's. So it's hard to say which scenario is followed (he woke up Aerith first, I suspect he didn't do any Tifa quest but did Aerith's there is a light change in how Tifa wakes up after they flee the pillar, yet he got Tifa? I suspect he put the wrong scene there, I have no other explanation). There is also a lot of stuff he cut that made me "boo" because I wanted to see it.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Then perhaps Cloud isn't to blame, but the writers/devs themselves for perpetuating this triangle despite it frankly diminishing the characters.

Well, I don't see the point why anyone would blame a fictional pixelated polygon anyway.

Incidentally that somehow fits the destiny theme? IDK what the JP transcript is for these lines, but I'd use them carefully?

We got confirmation a few pages ago that the Japanese line for "follow your heart" is very close to the English localization.

That's an interesting observation though.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I highly doubt either Tifa or Aerith are interested in an open-relationship.

I mean, we really have nothing to go off of either way with respect to that. I'd like to believe they would consider it because of their concern for one another's feelings and general compassionate natures -- but who knows, really. They could even want to and just not be able to handle it in practice.

MastMoog said:
Nor do I think Cloud is stalling until he can get them to agree to share.

I don't think that's anyone's theory.

Just a few observations regarding the French translation: I don't know if they're closer to the JP transcript (I suspect they are), but there are a few differences of lines that are used to argue:

Aerith's to Tifa "follow your heart!" in ch12 is in French "do what you have to do!".

With this one at the least, the English localization is super accurate to the Japanese. I think it was @Sasseli who mentioned earlier that what Aerith said there was "心に従って."

Eerie said:
Cloud's to Elmyra on ch14 next morning is "it's as if destiny was calling me. I must go." and Tifa's is: "we know how you feel, but please, we all want to save her. We all care a lot about her".

The Japanese is vague enough with Cloud's line that both the English and French localizations seem fitting:

呼ばれている気がするんだ
だから

"I feel like I'm being called. So ..."

Tifa's is pretty close to the English:

私からも お願いします
助けたいんです
友達だから

"So do I. Please. I/we want to help. She's my/our friend."

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Alright, thinking about it it’s certainly because in French we don’t really say “suis ton cœur” but rather “suis ce que ton cœur te dicte/te dit de faire” which is pretty long for such a short line! I wasn’t sure so best to be careful XD

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I'm a 99' liner, so I'd like to think I'm not that young, and besides that I'm a girl possessing the heart of a middle-aged otaku, especially when it comes to FF7R, so hopefully I'll manage to fit in somehow. The original game moves so much faster, but there's less room for character development.

I will definitely check out other threads here as well.

Just a disclaimer though I played this game in Japanese. English voices are really good. I heard some of it, but since I understand Japanese, and well, it's the language of my heart, so I will be quoting Japanese dialogue. Feel free to let me know what the English version actually says.

I agree! I think the Remake is showing that much better than OG ever did. She's clearly not over Zack, but she is attracted to Cloud as well. And things get even more complicated because of how much Cloud resembles Zack.

This wasn't meant for me, but I felt like there is definitely an element of that this time around. I got no info on Zack from the original, except that based on what she said they weren't serious, and had to look him up. She was kind of messed up when we visited Gongaga Village. It just didn't sit right with me because that part played out so weird. But in Aerith's resolution's scene in CH.14, this is exactly the impression I got.

Her lines were very meaningful but a bit confusing because it came out of nowhere at first.

「でもね 好きにならないで」But don't fall in love with me.
「もしそうなっても 気のせいだよ」Even if you do, it's just your imagination.

Some people feel that this "resolution" scene is about Cloud's feelings because he responded to her by trying to grab her wrist when she walks away, and telling her he's going to get her anyway. But I did not get that feeling at all. The hurt and pain I saw was in her eyes, not Cloud's. I think he glimpsed that sadness, and that is why he responded to her the way he did, but he seems just as confused as I was. Like they just met! She's talking like this is good bye, au revoir forever, and like they've spent half their lives together. When they parted ways, he just barely started warm up to her enough to give her cute high-fives. Hello?

So, for me, this scene is less about telling Cloud not to fall in love with her, but Aerith telling herself not to fall in love with Cloud. (Which I think will happen anyway cause, why not, he's too freaking cute!) I think that's the true resolution I took away from this scene.

I love that instead of aggressively pushing herself on Cloud, Remake Aerith is a simple and cheerful person at heart who just wants to fall in love like a normal girl, even though she probably has some inkling she's destined for bigger things.

I'm aware we have the LTD and with good reason, but I honestly can't even bring the love equation into this yet between Cloud and Aerith strictly because Part 1 is just a blooming friendship between the two, or a budding romance? The earlier part of their interactions was Cloud acting like a jerk to her, while she cheerfully worked to chip away at his cold exterior.

At the beginning, he's only really been nice to one person, and that's Tifa, and he's barely started warming up to the Avalanche members after spending quality time with them. They made him chuckle. Holy shit, Cloud actually chuckled!

Aerith is already working her magic on everyone, though, especially Cloud, and I'm sure they'll explore their relationship more in Part 2. But I just don't see it yet in Part 1.

My take on Cloud right now, based on seeing how he much he talks like a badass but never goes into detail and trails off when pressed for intimate details on his "Soldier" life by Aerith and Tifa, and from the way he spouts cheesy lines when trying to rescue the girls, makes it feel more like he's acting like a hero in an action film. I felt that way the moment he tried to keep Tifa "safe" by not letting her do the quests, like pretty lady, I can handle this on my own, you just wait for me to come after I slay all the monsters, but then she has to help him because he can't even find his way around town and doesn't even know anything about Midgar or the slums, even though he supposedly left their hometown to come to Midgar? He was just acting so damn weird (although I'm still a huge sucker for this guy and found him really cute even because of it!).

Eerie

Fire and Blood
My take on Cloud right now, based on seeing how he much he talks like a badass but never goes into detail and trails off when pressed for intimate details on his "Soldier" life by Aerith and Tifa, and from the way he spouts cheesy lines when trying to rescue the girls, makes it feel more like he's acting like a hero in an action film. I felt that way the moment he tried to keep Tifa "safe" by not letting her do the quests, like pretty lady, I can handle this on my own, you just wait for me to come after I slay all the monsters, but then she has to help him because he can't even find his way around town and doesn't even know anything about Midgar or the slums, even though he supposedly left their hometown to come to Midgar? He was just acting so damn weird (although I'm still a huge sucker for this guy and found him really cute even because of it!).

Oh lol, that was exactly my impression too, that he was faking it through and through, trying his damn best because there are plenty of things that he should have known as a SOLDIER but didn't because well - he never was one to begin with! So he desperatly tries to cover it - but let's be clear, he truly believes he was a SOLDIER first class, Jenova makes up a bit for the mishmash, but when he finds out questions he doesn't know the answer, it's properly hilarious IMHO.

I'm sorry Cloud, I like to poke fun at you too :awesome:

Last edited:

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I'm a 99' liner, so I'd like to think I'm not that young, and besides that I'm a girl possessing the heart of a middle-aged otaku, especially when it comes to FF7R, so hopefully I'll manage to fit in somehow. The original game moves so much faster, but there's less room for character development.

I will definitely check out other threads here as well.

Just a disclaimer though I played this game in Japanese. English voices are really good. I heard some of it, but since I understand Japanese, and well, it's the language of my heart, so I will be quoting Japanese dialogue. Feel free to let me know what the English version actually says.

This wasn't meant for me, but I felt like there is definitely an element of that this time around. I got no info on Zack from the original, except that based on what she said they weren't serious, and had to look him up. She was kind of messed up when we visited Gongaga Village. It just didn't sit right with me because that part played out so weird. But in Aerith's resolution's scene in CH.14, this is exactly the impression I got.

Her lines were very meaningful but a bit confusing because it came out of nowhere at first.

Some people feel that this "resolution" scene is about Cloud's feelings because he responded to her by trying to grab her wrist when she walks away, and telling her he's going to get her anyway. But I did not get that feeling at all. The hurt and pain I saw was in her eyes, not Cloud's. I think he glimpsed that sadness, and that is why he responded to her the way he did, but he seems just as confused as I was. Like they just met! She's talking like this is good bye, au revoir forever, and like they've spent half their lives together. When they parted ways, he just barely started warm up to her enough to give her cute high-fives. Hello?

So, for me, this scene is less about telling Cloud not to fall in love with her, but Aerith telling herself not to fall in love with Cloud. (Which I think will happen anyway cause, why not, he's too freaking cute!) I think that's the true resolution I took away from this scene.

I love that instead of aggressively pushing herself on Cloud, Remake Aerith is a simple and cheerful person at heart who just wants to fall in love like a normal girl, even though she probably has some inkling she's destined for bigger things.

I'm aware we have the LTD and with good reason, but I honestly can't even bring the love equation into this yet between Cloud and Aerith strictly because Part 1 is just a blooming friendship between the two, or a budding romance? The earlier part of their interactions was Cloud acting like a jerk to her, while she cheerfully worked to chip away at his cold exterior.

At the beginning, he's only really been nice to one person, and that's Tifa, and he's barely started warming up to the Avalanche members after spending quality time with them. They made him chuckle. Holy shit, Cloud actually chuckled!

Aerith is already working her magic on everyone, though, especially Cloud, and I'm sure they'll explore their relationship more in Part 2. But I just don't see it yet in Part 1.

You're not the only "young one" here, you and I are pretty close in age!

I totally agree with your analysis on Cloud, the fact that he thinks he is so cool but is actually a dork is why I adore him so much.

I'm getting the impression that you are leaning towards Cloud/Tifa as the pairing in remake (so far). Or maybe I'm reading that wrong. Was just wondering what (if any) FF7 works you played/watched before remake?

I was drawn in via Advent Children so my bias towards Cloud/Tifa was present from the start, and I'm curious what those who arrived via remake feel about the various pairings. Unfortunately I had a prime test subject with my fiance but I ruined it by chattering about the Cloti scenes in remake, so now he's playing with some bias.

MasterMoogle

Pro Adventurer

I've never perceived Aerith to ever have been in love with Cloud in the original, though she did care about him. Their relationship never seemed to get past being anything more than a crush.

In the Remake, it seems like she's even LESS interested in Cloud. She comes off more like someone trying to act out a scene from a play.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Ironically enough chapter 8 is called Budding Bodyguard in EN instead of Reunion Flower/Flower of Reunion ?

Thank you for the input Hito! *insert kitty hug emote*

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
Oh lol, that was exactly my impression too, that he was faking it through and through, trying his dalmn best because there are plenty of things that he should have known as a SOLDIER but didn't because well - he never was one to begin with! So he desperatly tries to cover it - but let's be clear, he truly believes he was a SOLDIER first class, Jenova makes up a bit for the mishmash, but when he finds out questions he doesn't know the answer, it's properly hilarious IMHO.

I'm sorry Cloud, I like to poke fun at you too :awesome:

Yikes, sorry, maybe it's because I haven't done a thorough playthrough of the original that I'm kinda confused about the Jenova cells thing and how it pertains to Cloud and Zack. I don't mean to say he's actually pretending or acting and is aware of it. It's just that, for some reason, the impression I got from his visions of Sephiroth, and his constant flashbacks to Tifa and Nibelheim, is that he experienced way too much trauma there and has retreated into his own mind, and in turn, his mind created this Ex-Soldier Cloud persona, but there are still glimpses of childhood Cloud peeking through? Idk if I'm making any sense.

You're not the only "young one" here, you and I are pretty close in age!

I totally agree with your analysis on Cloud, the fact that he thinks he is so cool but is actually a dork is why I adore him so much.

I'm getting the impression that you are leaning towards Cloud/Tifa as the pairing in remake (so far). Or maybe I'm reading that wrong. Was just wondering what (if any) FF7 works you played/watched before remake?

I was drawn in via Advent Children so my bias towards Cloud/Tifa was present from the start, and I'm curious what those who arrived via remake feel about the various pairings. Unfortunately I had a prime test subject with my fiance but I ruined it by chattering about the Cloti scenes in remake, so now he's playing with some bias.

I haven't seen anything else in the franchise. Remake came first, and I'm now playing OG FF7. But I was aware of the characters from playing KH. And nope, you're not reading me wrong. I'm leaning more towards Cloud x Tifa right now, but I do like and see potential for Cloud x Aerith. Now that he's opened up his heart to her a bit, I'd like to see their relationship go into that territory and get explored more.

I don't know what it is about Cloud and Tifa. Maybe I'm a pervert who craves physical intimacy in relationships. Or, wait, isn't it that normal? For me I just like that they touch either A LOT. The scenes they have together, including hidden ones, has a lot of physical touching and closeness that makes it romantic. I can't just say they're friends, but I can't call them bf/gf either.

I like that, when you get alone time with her, Cloud isn't being asexual and seemed like he was actually nervous and expecting something when walked towards him, that they show his gaze focusing on her lips when she says it's a "secret" between them, that THE Cloud sees her in that way. Idk, as much as like pure romances where hand-holding is a MAJOR thing, when I like someone IRL, I can't help but notice physical things too. I like how it's not all about her body with him, and they talk about mundane stuff like dressing up and going out somewhere together, that he's kind of really sweet to her. Like when she says she mentioned him to her landlord, he's curious to know what she said about their relationship.

I love how Remake Tifa kind of laughs over her 13 year old self, but at the same time, I also saw how much that silly wish of hers means so much to Cloud. I feel like he really does want to be her hero, but as it ironically turns out, she's just as much "hero" as he is.

Little things like that.

(Also, sorry if I'm talking a little too much, but none of my friends are gamers, and my brothers don't really like to discuss games or anything with me in general, so my lonely self only has you guys for now. )

Eerie

Fire and Blood
It's just that, for some reason, the impression I got from his visions of Sephiroth, and his constant flashbacks to Tifa and Nibelheim, is that he experienced way too much trauma there and has retreated into his own mind, and in turn, his mind created this Ex-Soldier Cloud persona, but there are still glimpses of childhood Cloud peeking through? Idk if I'm making any sense.

Well, oops, and also, that's pretty damn close you know! I guess I'll let you play the OG first before commenting further on that haha.

Also, it's true that the the Remake, Cloud and Tifa touch a lot. Funny we were talking about that just today over at the FC. This is just... the ship's core I guess. They don't talk much, even when they would need to, but they do touch a lot lol. :monster:

I can't just say they're friends, but I can't call them bf/gf either.

Me: I have pre-AC flashbacks there >_>

I've never perceived Aerith to ever have been in love with Cloud in the original, though she did care about him. Their relationship never seemed to get past being anything more than a crush.

In the Remake, it seems like she's even LESS interested in Cloud. She comes off more like someone trying to act out a scene from a play.

Really? I mean, I thought they were clearly attracted to each other, for various reasons, but it was there. Also, Remake Aerith is interesting, but I think if you play with a Tifa bias, maybe you will see less of those scenes and definitely get the impression that she's less interested in Cloud. I don't think that's the case, I think she's still in love with Zack, and at the same time falling for Cloud, so it's hard to settle those feelings.

Also let's not forget that to have a real view of both sides, you have to not only chose to favour one girl over the other in various chapters, but also to play through the whole game twice to not miss the little changes that are made here and there and add to the overall impression. Not to mention, as I said way earlier, cloti and clerith rely on different tropes, so what others love will look bland to you, and vice-versa.

Also interestingly enough, when I watched that Remake movie in French where I thought I'd get the Aerith scene (which I wanted to see again, for the dialogues), I was getting pretty upset by myself lol, because Cloud was missing that resolution from chapter FOUR - yes, from when he remembers the promise, then realises that Tifa's talk at the bar meant that she needed help, from offering to listen to her, realising in ch12 that he was powerless again, then how to console her... And I was like "I AM SO GLAD ALL THREE SCENES ARE CANON PER SE" lmao because thinking that Cloud would miss that made me heartbroken. It's super important for Tifa but damn, it is super important for him too! I think that's why it's my favourite scene, because it's a core moment for both, where they share something very intimate. To me, Cloud hasn't been open like this in the whole game.

Edit: WYSIWYG :rage:

Last edited:

billy22

Pro Adventurer
I mean, we really have nothing to go off of either way with respect to that. I'd like to believe they would consider it because of their concern for one another's feelings and general compassionate natures -- but who knows, really. They could even want to and just not be able to handle it in practice.
In the Corneo wife-picking part, Kotch says (paraphrasing):
Kotch: 'The Don has chosen a wife for today!'
Aerith: 'Today?!'
Kotch: 'And tomorrow's. And maybe the next day. Depends on his mood!"

The implication being that at the very least Aerith is against polygamy. Notwithstanding that I'd argue the burden of proof lies with someone trying to push that they'd all be down with polygamy (as opposed to the opposite). Most people are against it, especially women, and this is doubly true for fictional characters.

Also I take offense to 'considering it due their concern for one another's feelings and general compassionate nature.' As if one is somehow automatically less compassionate if they aren't down for polygamy. :desuawesomonster:

Yes I know you backtracked a bit with the last sentence.

MasterMoogle

Pro Adventurer
Really? I mean, I thought they were clearly attracted to each other, for various reasons, but it was there. Also, Remake Aerith is interesting, but I think if you play with a Tifa bias, maybe you will see less of those scenes and definitely get the impression that she's less interested in Cloud. I don't think that's the case, I think she's still in love with Zack, and at the same time falling for Cloud, so it's hard to settle those feelings.

Also let's not forget that to have a real view of both sides, you have to not only chose to favour one girl over the other in various chapters, but also to play through the whole game twice to not miss the little changes that are made here and there and add to the overall impression. Not to mention, as I said way earlier, cloti and clerith rely on different tropes, so what others love will look bland to you, and vice-versa.

Also interestingly enough, when I watched that Remake movie in French where I thought I'd get the Aerith scene (which I wanted to see again, for the dialogues), I was getting pretty upset by myself lol, because Cloud was missing that resolution from chapter FOUR - yes, from when he remembers the promise, then realises that Tifa's talk at the bar meant that she needed help, from offering to listen to her, realising in ch12 that he was powerless again, then how to console her... And I was like "I AM SO GLAD ALL THREE SCENES ARE CANON PER SE" lmao because thinking that Cloud would miss that made me heartbroken. It's super important for Tifa but damn, it is super important for him too! I think that's why it's my favourite scene, because it's a core moment for both, where they share something very intimate. To me, Cloud hasn't been open like this in the whole game.

I've seen all the scenes and gotten all resolution scenes. I'm not a huge Cloti-shipper, but I like it better than Clerith.

From what I've seen, Aerith treats Cloud like a little brother. She comes off like she cares about him, but she's constantly emasculating him.

The implication being that at the very least Aerith is against polygamy. Notwithstanding that I'd argue the burden of proof lies with someone trying to push that they'd all be down with polygamy (as opposed to the opposite). Most people are against it, especially women, and this is doubly true for fictional characters.

Also I take offense to 'considering it due their concern for one another's feelings and general compassionate nature.' As if one is somehow automatically less compassionate if they aren't down for polygamy. :desuawesomonster:

I took that exchange as an indication of Aerith's innocence. She genuinely thought Corneo was looking for a wife.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

The implication being that at the very least Aerith is against polygamy.

That is a Grand Canyon-wide stretch. The douchey implication of regarding women with disposability in mind is far more likely to be what she is having a (reasonable) reaction to.

billy22 said:

Well, I take offense at your gross distortion of what I said.

I did not remotely suggest that one is less compassionate if they aren't in favor of establishing such a dynamic in their own life. What I said is that I like to think their general compassionate natures coupled with their particular consideration for one another would result in the idea at least coming up.

As for "backtracking," I didn't backtrack on anything. I said that people sometimes try it and find it doesn't work for them. Which is true. And which could easily happen here even if the idea came up and was acted upon.

Lazy Turtle

Lv. 1 Adventurer
It’s so serious business in here... I don’t know billy22 but how I read his post was more of a joke when using that example to suggest Aerith is against polygamy. The larger point is that the burden of proof lies with those who suggest Aerith would participate in polygamy. You can’t prove a negative - that’s a fallacy. The burden of proof lies with the one who makes a claim that Aerith is polygamous.

Top Bottom