• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
@The Twilight Mexican what does divorce have to do with depressed people being overlooked?
Cat observed that there is often a sense that we folks who contend with depression "are damaged goods and we should just die already because we won't be happy forever so what's the point." I added to that an observation of the short-sighted and useless similar sentiments applied to "failed" romantic relationships.

Given the integral role in the LTD of both depression and the challenges of being domestically entwined, I thought the relevance of flawed paradigms on each would be of immediate recognizability. One's perception of those real-life topics is of enormous influence on how they will look at this subject.
:shrug:

BoxFBall

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Having primarily played WRPGs I'm used to having some choice on who I 'get cozy with'. My approach is the same as it would be in real life: play the field until I'm forced to make a choice. so #9 is...

So wait a second, CLOUD WAS IN LOVE WITH TIFA THE WHOLE TIME?! This man joined the military, got himself experimented on and nearly killed, then went on a quest to save the damn world where he almost died AGAIN just to get Tifa to like him. CLOUD IS A DORK, SHE LIKED HIM THE WHOLE DAMN TIME HE DIDN'T HAVE TO DO ALL OF THAT!!! LMAO So I'm speaking on this one just for the original because the remake has a lot of body language and facial expressions so it was kind of obvious to me there who was who to him having played the OG to completion now. The game did nothing in damn near all of the first part of the game(apparently disc 1, I played this on switch so I had no disc to swap) to show that Tifa was a love interest at all until after Aerith died basically and started to show it more and more. I was nice to both girls as far as their dialogue options because I play the field until I'm forced to choose so I get to the Gold Saucer and I get Aerith as my date.

I felt that was strange I didn't get a choice, but it's a JRPG so it tells the story different. Her conversation was weird because she kept saying she wanted to meet the real me and I was like 'I am being me woman, what are you talking about?' until I realize Cloud was semi mimicking his best friend Zach who also happens to be Aerith's exBoyfriend(not really because technically they never broke up) and he shared many of his personality traits and mannerisms in his delusion. So after Aerith died I'm here thinking Cloud was gonna be completely crushed because the game had chose her as his love interest(I have looked into it apparently you can get Tifa as a date but you have to basically be mean to Aerith and that goes against my naturally flirtatious nature LMAO) just to find out he was pining for Tifa the whole time and was to mentally screwed up to actually be able to act on it? This part is fucking confusing to me I really don't understand the point in teasing Aerith as your potential lover just to bait and switch that showed Cloud had a damn near stalkerish obsessive crush on Tifa since he was like 8 or 9, and then she had a damn near obsessive crush on him since she was like 15 or 16 after he invited her to the well.

I kinda see why people are divisive about this topic, it kind of came out of nowhere(at least in the OG the remake like I said body language and facial expressions go A LONG WAY to telling what the actual reactions to things are) although I will accept the outcome even though they gave me ZERO CHOICE in the matter because hindsight being 20-20 Cloud and Tifa makes a lot more sense than Cloud and Aerith, also it's wrong to hook up with your best friends ex never break the bro code bro. I look at Cloud's personality, not the Zach-Cloud combo but just Cloud himself, I don't think he would have actually liked Aerith that much in the long run even if he would have ended up with her, hell playing the remake first it made me think Cloud really felt like she was annoying, but him being kind of a simp and a pushover refused to just tell her to kick rocks and continue about his fucking day because Cloud can seem to stand up to anyone except a pretty girl(Jessie also comes to mind, he couldn't get the message across to her thirsty ass either).

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I really don't understand the point in teasing Aerith as your potential lover just to bait and switch that showed Cloud had a damn near stalkerish obsessive crush on Tifa since he was like 8 or 9, and then she had a damn near obsessive crush on him since she was like 15 or 16 after he invited her to the well.
The culminations of both relationships are connected to the two biggest spoilers in the game. So the game blatantly sets up the audience to fall in love with the idea of Cloud and Aerith so that her death hurts more. And the audience isn’t supposed to know about Cloud and Tifa’s feelings until the Lifestream so they have to be more subtle until then.

BoxFBall

Lv. 25 Adventurer
The culminations of both relationships are connected to the two biggest spoilers in the game. So the game blatantly sets up the audience to fall in love with the idea of Cloud and Aerith so that her death hurts more. And the audience isn’t supposed to know about Cloud and Tifa’s feelings until the Lifestream so they have to be more subtle until then.

No I get that part, I'm saying Aerith's death was gonna hurt no matter what. It makes all the dialogue options feel kind of pointless in the end bruh. Like it was filler or something.

But Il say this now having played both games and seeing that they have made all the optional dialogue options mandatory now, I think that Aerith will still be the canon date and you won't have a choice in the matter. I'm a logical person, Tifa is bae and is the canon chick because that is who Cloud ends up with no matter how you shake a stick at it Aerith is dead Cloud got with Tifa, but from a plot, narrative. and story standpoint it has to be Aerith.

1. She owes him a date in payment.
2. Tifa alludes to it in her date scene in the original. Watched a video of it on YouTube she says Aerith would just know how to come out and say this, which leads to my next point...
3. I can see why you would think the date is romantic, and it may have some undertones of that to it, Aerith is attractive I'm sure Cloud is at the very least at least physically attracted to her and as long as you have that, you always have a foot in the door. Saying that I think the main purpose of Aerith being the date is finally being the one to let you in that something is wrong with Cloud. Those questions she was asking didn't come off romantic to me, I think she figured out Cloud wasn't who he said he was and was trying to get to the bottom of it, not trying to romance him... at least not in that moment itself.

The date itself though, I'd bet money on it, that it will be Aerith and there is no choice this time.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
The thing is, Aerith already has her resolution in Remake where she says something very similar to her GS date. The romance subject has been touched, so it'd be weird to say the same thing again? Because now Aerith already knows that Cloud ends up with Tifa, she literally hints at it in her resolution. And she already paid him, or so she said.

However, I think the GS date will remain - they will have to change a bit Aerith's words I guess? Honestly it feels the weirdest, when I look at her resolution, I see DOOM written all over it for clerith, but I know that logically the next game will have more clerith, and a GS date possible.

And I still think we'll get many options, I mean, Tifa hasn't had her date with Cloud either since she was supposed to but they got separated instead. Maybe it will be Aerith's date non-optional, but somehow I doubt this. And if you compare Aerith and Tifa's resolutions, then Tifa is the one who actually needs that date, to hint at her feelings - because as I said, Aerith already hinted that Cloud was not right in his mind, and already had a sort of "love talk" with him. I'm sure the devs will find something but I hope it won't be too redundant, having to farm for all the resolutions seems long enough, alongside the dresses...

Last edited:

BoxFBall

Lv. 25 Adventurer
The thing is, Aerith already has her resolution in Remake where she says something very similar to her GS date. The romance subject has been touched, so it'd be weird to say the same thing again? Because now Aerith already knows that Cloud ends up with Tifa, she literally hints at it in her resolution. And she already paid him, or so she said.

However, I think the GS date will remain - they will have to change a bit Aerith's words I guess? Honestly it feels the weirdest, when I look at her resolution, I seem DOOM written all over it for clerith, but I know that logically the next game will have more clerith, and a GS date possible.

And I still think we'll get many options, I mean, Tifa hasn't had her date with Cloud either since she was supposed to but they got separated instead. Maybe it will be Aerith's date non-optional, but somehow I doubt this. And if you compare Aerith and Tifa's resolutions, then Tifa is the one who actually needs that date, to hint at her feelings - because as I said, Aerith already hinted that Cloud was not right in his mind, and already had a sort of "love talk" with him. I'm sure the devs will find something but I hope it won't be too redundant, having to farm for all the resolutions seems long enough, alongside the dresses...

I mean they have to find a way to make Aerith's death hurt more now, I just feel like it has to be an Aerith moment. Playing through the game the first time pretty much everyone got Aerith. Maybe they will have one for Tifa, but maybe on a first playthrough it will be locked for Aerith, I just feel like it has to be her. Tifa is still the one, but she will have A LOT of good moments once Aerith is gone, Aerith needs her time to shine.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Oh it's not about that, but about what has already been told. When Cloud goes "do I get a say?" to her telling him to not fall in love with him cause it's an illusion, she literally references the Highwind scene... meaning that she knows that this is HIS say, and that she knows it. She doesn't want to get attached to him more than she does already. This is the thing that makes me really curious, how they're going to go around this for the GS date...

So having Aerith come back on this would feel very weird, in the sense that the story goes on. In her GS date, Aerith says that she wants to meet the real Cloud, hinting at his mental problems. But that, she's already hinted at in her resolution; the devs have said that they wanted to create an event that would remind people of the GS dates system. I am much certain that we will have the GS date system still in place, because you can't have the one character who has already said all that she needed to in her resolution to do it again just because people need to get attached to Aerith.

Actually, I don't think people need to get "more" attached to Aerith, I disagree with this. Nearly everyone (hell, even I!! And people here can attest that I hated her a LOT in the OG) loves her. Those who don't like her now will never like her anyway. Most people are speculating to know if they can save her this time around. In the same way, I don't feel that people need to become more attached to Tifa either. Her haters will never change their opinions about her, and people who love her, truly adore her already.

On the other side, you have the date system in the GS to which a lot of people are looking forward to, because it's fun! Before Remake was released, I used to think they would maybe make Aerith's date non-optional, but now it feels too redundant for them to make it non-optional, especially when the cloti side needs to advance a bit - there might have been a hug, but it was not romantic, even if it had romantic subtext. And as I said before, there's also the fact that Cloud and Tifa were supposed to have a date but never did. It feels incomplete. And in the OG, it was Tifa who was interrupted by the fireworks ;)

BoxFBall

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Oh it's not about that, but about what has already been told. When Cloud goes "do I get a say?" to her telling him to not fall in love with him cause it's an illusion, she literally references the Highwind scene... meaning that she knows that this is HIS say, and that she knows it. She doesn't want to get attached to him more than she does already. This is the thing that makes me really curious, how they're going to go around this for the GS date...

So having Aerith come back on this would feel very weird, in the sense that the story goes on. In her GS date, Aerith says that she wants to meet the real Cloud, hinting at his mental problems. But that, she's already hinted at in her resolution; the devs have said that they wanted to create an event that would remind people of the GS dates system. I am much certain that we will have the GS date system still in place, because you can't have the one character who has already said all that she needed to in her resolution to do it again just because people need to get attached to Aerith.

Actually, I don't think people need to get "more" attached to Aerith, I disagree with this. Nearly everyone (hell, even I!! And people here can attest that I hated her a LOT in the OG) loves her. Those who don't like her now will never like her anyway. Most people are speculating to know if they can save her this time around. In the same way, I don't feel that people need to become more attached to Tifa either. Her haters will never change their opinions about her, and people who love her, truly adore her already.

On the other side, you have the date system in the GS to which a lot of people are looking forward to, because it's fun! Before Remake was released, I used to think they would maybe make Aerith's date non-optional, but now it feels too redundant for them to make it non-optional, especially when the cloti side needs to advance a bit - there might have been a hug, but it was not romantic, even if it had romantic subtext. And as I said before, there's also the fact that Cloud and Tifa were supposed to have a date but never did. It feels incomplete. And in the OG, it was Tifa who was interrupted by the fireworks ;)

If that is how it plays out then I think whomever you get the gold saucer date with will die then probably if they are going to change it up. I don't think there will be any major story changes, just major additions. As it has been explained to me though Sephiroth hates Cloud,so if the story is going to change he is going to kill whomever would hurt Cloud more to lose.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
It makes all the dialogue options feel kind of pointless in the end bruh. Like it was filler or something.
Yeah, never been a fan of the dialogue options myself honestly

I think that Aerith will still be the canon date and you won't have a choice in the matter.
Because of how iconic the date options are from the OG, I don’t see them making that scene non-optional. And since they’ve gone out of their way to treat Tifa and Aerith equally, I could see them making both dates equally possible and not treating either of them as the “canon” one.

Those questions she was asking didn't come off romantic to me, I think she figured out Cloud wasn't who he said he was and was trying to get to the bottom of it, not trying to romance him... at least not in that moment itself.
I think it’s a bit of both. Her resolution scene in FF7R alludes to this too, where I think she can tell that Cloud is starting to develop some feelings for her and vise versa but maybe she realizes in Cloud’s current mental state, he’s not truly being “himself” so it wouldn’t be right to proceed further. Plus I’m pretty sure in FF7R she can tell there’s something between Cloud and Tifa, even if she doesn’t know what exactly.

she literally references the Highwind scene... meaning that she knows that this is HIS say, and that she knows it.
If you don’t mind explaining, I didn’t catch that in her scene

I think whomever you get the gold saucer date with will die then probably if they are going to change it up. I don't think there will be any major story changes, just major additions.
I dunno, killing Tifa instead of Aerith would be a VERY big change and I don’t think their roles can just be swapped like that

Eerie

Fire and Blood
??? How so??? The one who dies isn't interchangeable, story-wise it's already been hinted at Aerith plus the only one who can help Cloud is Tifa. I seriously wish people would stop thinking Tifa can die when she's literally the only one who can help Cloud in the Lifestream... I mean, there's a story to follow and both girls have their own roles; Aerith is in charge of the outward plot (Sephiroth, Jenova) while Tifa supports Cloud (the intimate plot), and that's why they cannot be switched, Tifa can't do much with the outer plot while Aerith is powerless with the inner plot. Plus if you get Barret, he's the one to die? Or Yuffie? Nah.

If you don’t mind explaining, I didn’t catch that in her scene

Ok, so here's the scene as a reminder:
aerith49.PNGaerith50.PNGaerith51.PNGaerith52.PNGaerith53.PNG

"Please don't fall in love with me... Even if you believe it, it's only an illusion."

This is Aerith referencing his mental troubles; she knows he's not himself and that his feelings for her, whatever they are or will be, are not true!Cloud's feelings.

Then, Cloud tries to catch her and realises that she is an illusion. Double down on the "this relationship doesn't exist in the romantic sense". "Can I say something, at least?" asks Cloud.

To which Aerith answers "It's dawn. Already... I must go" which is a reference to the Highwind scene where Cloud wakes up Tifa and tells her it's dawn already. It's her answer to Cloud's question, that his own say is not herself, but Tifa. The dedvs know perfectly well what they did here, after telling you clerith is an illusion, they tell you that Cloud choses Tifa, and Aerith KNOWS it. I know a clerith who told me that she was absolutely devastated when she saw the resolution; she likes it still but she sees doom all over and she was the one who pointed out to me how the Highwind scene was referenced in Aerith's line (I must admit I didn't really pay attention to Aerith's resolution at first :D). Also there are Japanese people who say this is a one-sided confession from Aerith - this is why Cloud tells her "it's one-sided" which is even more "ouch".

BoxFBall

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to kill Tifa at all, hell I like her more than Cloud but how else will you create something new and shocking if you are going to change things?

OAN: Personally I think Square would be committing suicide if they killed Tifa in place of Aerith. If you thought the backlash against Bioware to the ending of Mass Effect 3 was bad, the backlash Square would get to killing Tifa instead of Aerith would set off armageddon.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
If there are two timelines that exist, killing Tifa still works... like they may have different pairs to lead for each timeline.
We still dunno yet if Zack's timeline is a parallel one or the past that overwrite the present. But it'd be OOT to talk about it here.
About Aerith's death, the devs can create illusion for us that this time she will survive like Biggs, Zack, etc as red herring... but her fate doesnt change. They dont play the same narrative that Aerith is Cloud's potential love interest like OG to make her death is so painful.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
but how else will you create something new and shocking if you are going to change things?
Because of how important it is that Tifa is alive and Aerith is dead, I think it would be changing too much for shock. Plus, with how much reverence they have for Aerith’s death, I don’t think they’d change it so carelessly.

As far as shock goes though, I’d say have Cloud actually kill Aerith himself under Jenova’s influence like he was about to before being stopped in the OG. That part at least fits in the story without having to change much outside of it.

"It's dawn. Already... I must go" which is a reference to the Highwind scene where Cloud wakes up Tifa and tells her it's dawn already. It's her answer to Cloud's question, that his own say is not herself, but Tifa.
I agree with everything else but I think this is a bit of a stretch, while the lines are similar I don’t think it was meant to be a reference with much deeper meaning than what it says

About Aerith's death, the devs can create illusion for us that this time she will survive like Biggs, Zack, etc as red herring... but her fate doesnt change. They dont play the same narrative that Aerith is Cloud's potential love interest like OG to make her death is so painful.
I mean they’re doing both, Cloud developing feelings for Aerith is still very much part of the story even if he’s not himself, she dies, and he ends with Tifa

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
I mean they’re doing both, Cloud developing feelings for Aerith is still very much part of the story even if he’s not himself, she dies, and he ends with Tifa
Aerith already rejects that idea and it's followed after the resolution, we don't really get the impression of Cloud possibly develops it since the jail scene is rewritten differently and there's also a Cloti scene Kitase made in helipad. Or maybe it's just me. He still could have the feelings for her, anyway, but it depends on how it would be portrayed.

And if they wanted to introduce Zack more in the story so new gamers get to know him within the game without having to play CC, I dont think it creates the same narrative of her being Cloud's potential love interest. With a proper flashback, people may get the impression that Zack is her love interest; and because he's alive, not dead, then we want them to reunite. Killing them both is the next tragedy aside from the loss Cloud and Tifa would also have for her.

Last edited:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
we don't really get the impression of Cloud possibly develops it since the jail scene is rewritten differently and there's also a Cloti scene Kitase made in helipad.
I mean it’s not like he’ll stop liking her just because she told him to, I’m just going off of the OG as he canonically liked them both and doesn’t remember his feelings for Tifa at this point in the story

so new gamers get to know him within the game without having to play CC, I dont think it creates the same narrative of her being Cloud's potential love interest.
You can have more than one love interest even if you only end up with one in the end, that’s kinda the point of the whole thing. I actually agree with your idea of where the story might go, but I don’t know if they’d downplay Cloud and Aerith altogether. It’s still a pretty big part of the story because it ends before it could really go anywhere.

Cloud and Tifa are going to be teased of course but they’ll probably want to be as subtle as they can get away with since the big reveal of their feelings comes much later in the story. The remake at least addresses the issue of the OG’s reveal coming out of left field for players who favored Aerith by putting tons of non-optional scenes in FF7R with Cloud and Tifa.

I wonder if they’ll make the high affection version of the scene with Cloud and Tifa under the highwind non-optional since the low affection version really doesn’t add anything to the story but we’ll see.

Last edited:

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
The way I see all of this, is the Remake is pretty much going to follow the OG storyline for the most part. Of course they are going to add smaller new things to the story to make it interesting for the players who have played the OG, but the Devs have already stated that they are not going to change the core story of the game. They are not going to stray from the core story. So, with that said I guess we can look at FF7R project as a group of games that are going to help flesh out parts of the OG story from a more modern prospective.

As for the shock value of Aerith's death, this is a 23 year old game and for the most part everyone already knows what happens to her. That iconic scene is known to almost everyone because it is so ingrained into the gaming culture. Even with gamers who don't play JRPGs. That scene is way too iconic for it to have any shock value at all to those who have already finished the OG.

In my opinion I don't think the Devs are looking for shock value this time around. In most part because almost everyone knows Aerith dies. I will have to agree with what was said above about the entire premise of Cloud falling in love with Aerith at beginning of the OG game was that the Devs were pushing the player into being emotionally invested in Aerith, only to have Aerith ripped away from you mid game. My case in point is that I believe one of the Devs during FF7 development lost his mother or a relative that he was very close to, and he wanted to convey that feeling of loss to the player through Aerith. He wanted to express that sometimes life is filled with tragedy and loss and is mostly out of your control.

Also, I wanted to echo what was said above, Aerith has her own unique role to the story just like Tifa does. Both Aerith and Tifa never will be interchangeable without breaking the entire story. This will never happen.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I agree with everything else but I think this is a bit of a stretch, while the lines are similar I don’t think it was meant to be a reference with much deeper meaning than what it says

Now remember that Nojima said that he was extremely careful with Aerith's lines, more than anyone's. The Highwind scene is iconic too, this is not by mere chance that this has gotten into the script. Even if you go with the Japanese and Cloud goes "that's one-sided", it's still heart-crushing - again, there is a Japanese video of Aerith's resolution that describes her resolution as "a one-sided confession". And Aerith's line is still a reference to the Highwind scene.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Now remember that Nojima said that he was extremely careful with Aerith's lines, more than anyone's. The Highwind scene is iconic too, this is not by mere chance that this has gotten into the script. Even if you go with the Japanese and Cloud goes "that's one-sided", it's still heart-crushing - again, there is a Japanese video of Aerith's resolution that describes her resolution as "a one-sided confession". And Aerith's line is still a reference to the Highwind scene.
It’s just that a character telling another that it’s almost morning is such an ordinary thing to say in those situations that I don’t think there’s much deeper thought put into it unless the devs say otherwise, I would think they’d pick a line that’s a bit more remarkable if they really wanted to reference that scene

Eerie

Fire and Blood
There was a reason why she was showed to who Cloud gave the flower - at that moment she finished to connect the Cloud and Tifa dots. That's why she's telling Cloud in her resolution what she says, but the dawn comment is definitely a hint to the Highwind scene. Because they didn't have to make Aerith's dream happen at that time of the night, but they did. They didn't have to have Aerith say that line, but they did. Especially with Aerith, everything is carefully thought out. It's like all the cloti scenes. They didn't have to incorporate them, but they did.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The thing is, Aerith already has her resolution in Remake where she says something very similar to her GS date. The romance subject has been touched, so it'd be weird to say the same thing again?

In her GS date, Aerith says that she wants to meet the real Cloud, hinting at his mental problems. But that, she's already hinted at in her resolution; the devs have said that they wanted to create an event that would remind people of the GS dates system. I am much certain that we will have the GS date system still in place, because you can't have the one character who has already said all that she needed to in her resolution to do it again just because people need to get attached to Aerith.
It may be slightly redundant (I'm not sure it is), but even so, the resolutions scene is variable -- so players of this first part may be unfamiliar with what Aerith said there, even by the time the next game rolls around.

For that matter, those who saw the scene may need a refresher by the time the next installment comes along. :monster:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
but the dawn comment is definitely a hint to the Highwind scene. Because they didn't have to make Aerith's dream happen at that time of the night, but they did. They didn't have to have Aerith say that line, but they did. Especially with Aerith, everything is carefully thought out.
There is such a thing as reading too much into things, which is something this fanbase is notorious for with the LTD. I dunno, it seems pretty circumstantial that two similar but not particularly important lines would spoken by two different characters without much linking them thematically other than their most literal meaning.

Sure, they put a lot of thought into the smallest details but some stuff happens just because. Not everything has a deeper meaning and while I guess there’s room to interpret it however you want, I don’t really give much weight to interpretations outside of what the devs have explained themselves. I dunno, just seems like a weak connection to make compared to the more obvious moments like Aerith noticing the flower in the bar.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yes and no, it's already the second reference to the Highwind scene in Aerith's resolution (first is Cloud's line), so adding this in context with everything else, everything she knows especially regarding Cloud, her own fate (probable), Sephiroth, how she knows everyone from beforehand, it's not really a stretch.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Oh wait this thread is alive again!? Okay good that doesn't mean I have to poke the beast myself :pinkmonster:

I had been thinking and I wasn't really sure where to put it but a worst nightmare for me/fear would be that Aerith doesn't have any prominence in the LTD going on because it helps ground and humanise her, I don't want her to just be some sort of exposition/all seeing goddess/avatar of the planet and just a plot device or something, I don't want her just to be above it all so to speak, and just have some kind of detached existence to the party. I hope we get to see human Aerith again.

This is concerning to me because I saw a lot of Clerith stuff from the Ultimania so far and I am very happy with it overall but part of me can't help but think ... what if they made it that so Cleriths have so much food/stuff to enjoy for earlier parts while they can because it preludes the sort of shift that happens with Aerith in later/end game chapters which shift more towards her importance in the overall story/planet/goddess like/special special powers/etc stuff :pinkmonster: which I know also bothers some people even without LTD those who like Aerith as a just a girl and her relationships with other characters not just Cloud, and human emotions, like selfishness, etc and I care about that too.

I'm not sure if Cloud and Aerith even WILL get the Gold Saucer date anymore because the Chapter 8/part of Chapter 9 is played as "precious date" anyway/already.

(edit - and before anyone say what makes you think/say such a thing about Chapter 8/Chapter 9 Cloud and Aerith precious date Maiden how bold/daring of you to say why would - well lots of things of things but including

マテリアルアルマニ 「過去にプレートが落ちたせいで暗鬱とした雰囲気が漂う陥没道路ですが、 エ ア リ ス と の 貴 重 な デ ー ト の 舞 台 でもあるので、流れるBGMを明るい曲調にしてバランスを取っています」 (P142) クラエアデートの認識のスタッフさん有難う

Translated from Japanese by
Material Armani "It is a depressed road with a gloomy atmosphere due to the plate falling in the past, but it is also a dance platform for a precious date with Airis, so make the flowing BGM a bright song and balance it. I'm taking (P142)

The collapsed highway scenes are labelled as a date and scenes from the church are labelled as romantic from where after Aerith suggested the date so :pinkmonster: Along with Aerith saying such things as I'm paying you now, the oh ohhh exchange, and Cloud telling the kid he's on the clock for Aerith, and stuff and yeah.

I also saw some Tifa/Cloti stuff from the Ultimania and I am happy for people, but maybe it is selfish of me to still want contents for both (and even for other pairings too) going forward into further parts of the remake I don't know.

I don't know but maybe it would something like if they completely Yunafied Aerith but without keeping the humanising and grounding that Yuna also had with her parties or something.

Last edited:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Yes and no, it's already the second reference to the Highwind scene in Aerith's resolution (first is Cloud's line), so adding this in context with everything else, everything she knows especially regarding Cloud, her own fate (probable), Sephiroth, how she knows everyone from beforehand, it's not really a stretch.
It’s a stretch because it’s such a random connection to make just for shipping purposes, it’s really not as deep and complex as people make it out to be lol. It reminds me of when people say that Aerith’s resolution is actually Cloud’s resolution because of “his resolve to save her”. Like...I guess?

It would be like if I said Barret telling Marlene he’ll be back is a reference to Aerith telling Cloud she’ll be back in the Sleeping Forest. Like, sure you could make that connection if you really wanted to but it’s also such an ordinary thing to say that it’s most likely just a coincidence.

what if they made it that so Cleriths have so much food/stuff to enjoy for earlier parts while they can because it preludes the sort of shift that happens with Aerith in later/end game chapters which shift more towards her importance in the overall story/planet/goddess like/special special powers/etc
I mean it would certainty fit the OG. Sure, she’s got a special spot for Cloud but ultimately her role in the story is bigger than him. For as much as people give credit to Aerith for breaking Cloud out of his shell, she does hit a roadblock when she realizes Cloud’s not really himself and dies before she could do anything about it because in the end, it’s Tifa’s role to break through to the real Cloud. Aerith really doesn’t have too many opportunities to just be a person after her death because that’s part of the loss.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Yeah but she isn't dead (again) yet :pinkmonster:

So in some ways she is still just a person that isn't fully aware of everything and her role in it's entirety yet so I hope we get to see still see more of her being a person/human and not just with Cloud but others as long as she keeps living this time as well, I would like to see more expansion of her relationships with other party members as well, like we saw a lot of expansion of her friendship with Tifa in the FFVIIR and it was very good, so I would like to see with the other party members as well including like Yuffie, Cid, Cait Sith, Vincent, Zack (if he joins the party)., etc

Top Bottom