• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
They were talking about the music there and so this girl went to look at this. Then Peko told me she knew all along because someone in YT already noted this :wacky: So from the start, I feel that this scene was meant to hint at Tifa all along for those who paid attention.
To be fair, it was a composer on YT who mentioned the repeating motifs and I got excited. I think it’s true that in Remake, he actually wakes up and remembers he needs to go home, back to Tifa. I didn’t know that his mother and Tifa talked with each other about him before the novel came out, and didn’t think anything about what his mom said. I thought the scene was more about how much he missed his own mother, not that it was about one girl or another. What happened was, Traces recontextualized the scene for me, with the added understanding that Claudia knew her son had feelings for one particular girl, but I do still think it was intended for us to think about Aerith in the original game.

Phantasia

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, it can be one of the red herrings about Clerith in OG.

This is what I always thought. Aerith was the main love interest, until you find out she was not. Is the same as Cloud, he was a Soldier, until you find out he was not.

Guess some people never found out, and have made a hobby out of denying it.

"Death, time and space cannot separate Cloud and Aerith", until it literally did, like seriously...

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think it was cleverly written in the OG - this scene with his mother - because even if you're lead to think it's about Aerith, Cloud then answers "not interested", which is a big enough hint by itself. Then when you replay, it adds value because you (should) know by then the twist, and that he loves Tifa, so that's why he answers that way to his mother.

Here in Remake we don't have his answer, but we do have the context of ToTP which adds layers. And also the fact that the music playing is similar to the promise one, and that Cloud seems to have stars reflected in his eyes once he awakens - only to go try to go back to Tifa then. Remake adds a lot of layers to this scene that make his "not interested" not really necessary if you look at what he's doing and how it's presented, unlike the OG which was more limited. But the idea behind is, I think the same: the angle looks clerith, but it's an illusion, and cloti hides underneath. It works like this for both the OG and Remake.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Like.

It wasn't provocative or eye-catching enough being a livestream "debate" of the LTD....

They had to turn up the utter BS level to 11 by including a serial twitter harasser who's tether to reality is tenuous, at best. To represent "Clessie."

Cause that's clearly not just made up nonsense. Nope. Clessie's been super-debated as canon by more than one obsessed individual.

Great job platforming someone with serious issues and validating their fucked up behavior. They'll clearly tone down their nonsense now. I know, the social media team for FFVII-R will appreciate it lol...

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
goodbye-burn.gif

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Exactly. It's fucked up on two counts.

He's clearly unhinged and they're obviously using that as a draw.

And it also reinforces his unhingedness. If you keep harassing FFVII-R's Twitter, fan artist's Twitter, random fan Twitter accounts and just spew Jessie nonsense on the daily.... You get fandom clout. Infamous clout, but clout nonetheless.

Nevermind he already felt emboldened when S-E made Jessie PAKs and shit in the first place.

LOL clearly I should've been serious and spammed everybody and Square Enix for more Chadley shit. Or better yet. Nero and Weiss. :awesome:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Like, obviously Jairus isn't completely insane; I don't expect him to just go out the gate spitting unhinged Jessie crap.

But it's going to be interesting see his "logic" for justifying why "Clessie" is apparently a part of the LTD and what the deal is with it beyond just his own projection and favoritism. And if he's challenged well...

Furthermore, if he's not called out for how utterly obnoxious he is, harassing fans and brands alike with this obsession, then this is just going to make it happen more. It's absurd.

a_apple 2.0

Pro Adventurer
AKA
a_apple
What the hell timeline did I just stumble into and how do I go back

Not to shit on the guy, but he has like 17 viewers on average on his streams, we're speaking here from the absolute bottom of the barrel entertainment wise, folks :mon:
Like if you're that low in numbers you try anything to gather some attention. So it makes why he includes Jairus into the "debate"

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Yeah, for what it’s worth (at least to my knowledge) he at least hasn’t gone as far as being bigoted or making death threats like the worst of other ships. Him not crossing those lines probably grants him a degree of “legitimacy” (whatever the hell that’s worth). Still doesn’t excuse the behavior he is guilty of though.

As much as I’m annoyed by “debate me bro” culture, I’m also interested in seeing people actually have to defend their ideas in real-time without being able to hide behind Twitter. Take any of these weird shippers who make all kinds of outlandish claims about FF7 and put them up against people who actually know their stuff. I would hope casual shippers would stop taking the more hardcore “influencers” in the shipping fanbases seriously if they demonstrate just how absurd they are, but I don’t have that much faith in humanity.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I wouldn’t even consider Jessie part of it without a statement that Cloud has an interest in her, whereas we know he liked Tifa since they were kids and that he was attracted to Aerith

Top Bottom