• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
We need a Politicon equivalent for FFVII Shipping. A way for Clotis, Cleriths, and just all people of all shipping stripes to get together every year to banter and spar over the most inane issues of FFVII. Just argue and create drama in stupid and entertaining ways that will ultimately create the image of truly terminally online fandom.

I think I'll work on this. :awesome:

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
Sreliata is a blender artist who's history includes harassing a twitch streamer for cosplaying as tifa despite shipping clerith and saying the streamer can't cosplay tifa because her tits are too small, being racist towards black Twitter users, and stealing assets from other artists without crediting them. She also has a boyfriend who is also on Twitter that always defends her bullshit. (She has a tifa avatar, he has a cloud avatar.)

Dany has a long history going back to like 20000 million years ago of being on ff7 forums and having "Nazi clerith" fanclubs with her groupies, who still crowd around her. She also is known for racism and harassment, but if you speak of her like this, her various PoC groupies will appear magically to defend her. Strange! I'm pretty sure she also runs some blogs on Tumblr that spread mistranslated shit still. These are kind of ancient memories to me but I believe Dany said something like you can't ship cloud with tifa because tifa is Asian?

Phantasia

Pro Adventurer
After some self reflection:

If they're inviting jairus, then their cloti and clerith guests need to be just as bad. E.g. sreliata and dany. (If you know them, you know.)

I think McDonald's should also be a guest, since they ship clerith but with Reno.

The fact that I know everyone you mentioned tells me I need to do something else with my twitter account...

On that same note, I've seen the cloti guest on both twitter and reddit and she seems like a nice, down to earth person. (Not that I know first hand given I'm just a lurker.)

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
I don't even follow any of them. I follow shinra people (this segment of fandom has drama too but nothing like cloud x girl), but the shit about these clerith and cloti shippers still makes it to my timeline. I even have cloti and clerith muted and I still know who all of these idiots are. Like shit the only pairing I like with either of the girls is aerith x tifa.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Sreliata is a blender artist who's history includes harassing a twitch streamer for cosplaying as tifa despite shipping clerith and saying the streamer can't cosplay tifa because her tits are too small, being racist towards black Twitter users, and stealing assets from other artists without crediting them. She also has a boyfriend who is also on Twitter that always defends her bullshit. (She has a tifa avatar, he has a cloud avatar.)

Dany has a long history going back to like 20000 million years ago of being on ff7 forums and having "Nazi clerith" fanclubs with her groupies, who still crowd around her. She also is known for racism and harassment, but if you speak of her like this, her various PoC groupies will appear magically to defend her. Strange! I'm pretty sure she also runs some blogs on Tumblr that spread mistranslated shit still. These are kind of ancient memories to me but I believe Dany said something like you can't ship cloud with tifa because tifa is Asian?
Jeez, I’m starting to think somebody oughta put together a hall of infamy for all the worst people in the fanbase so that everybody else knows which corners of the fanbase to stay away from

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
What a convoluted way to justify their attempt to get more viewers using the most dividing and infuriating topic of the whole FF7 fandom...
It’s like the fanbase is perpetually stuck in the “This is canon! No, this is canon!” phase instead of the next phase of “Okay, I’ll accept canon but I still like this more.” It’s that lack of acceptance of the story for what it is and the constant twisting of the narrative that makes any attempt at unity built on that utterly fruitless. We can’t even all agree on what the friggin’ story is lmao.

SE has the power to finally nerf this ungodly LTD monster by making Cloud’s feelings in the remake so undeniably clear that there’s little to no room to come up with stupid interpretations. I’ll give them a pass on playing coy for now but post-Lifestream I don’t want any more of this, though I have little faith that they won’t still leave some ambiguity in there.

I guess human beings just have this deep-seated desire to be right. I've often noticed exactly what you say - people driven to fanatical lengths to "prove" that their ship is supported by canon. As if it even matters or anyone cares, other than their own shipping crew. (My ship has never been canonical and I like it that way).

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
If you're toxic, then I guess I'm Koga's level 50 Venomoth because I cringed hard upon hearing Jairus speak. :awesomonster:

I don't know how anyone could for sit through 3 hours of this LTD shit. That right there is a tall order. I'm just scrolling trying to pick out any interesting bits beyond someone droning on about a ship.

a_apple 2.0

Pro Adventurer
AKA
a_apple
This entire thing was a cringe fest, these people take themselves WAAAAY too serious. Especially the talk about "bringing the community together" they act like they are doing peace negotiation for the middle east :mon:

Edit:
Also the idea that there is that "one" ff7 community is silly literally every place has it's own ff7 community with it's own "culture" from twitter to Gamefaqs to Reddit to 4chan and so on. And I think it's safe to assume that 99,99% of ff7 communities have never heard of any of these people, so the idea that this debate between randos on twitch will somehow do something positive is odd to me

Last edited:
Top Bottom