Votes: 96 88.9%
  • Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Your Mom
Reading comprehension was never their strong suit.

Edit: Might someone who's in contact with her ask her if it could be posted here?

Last edited:

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
But one story still makes sense (to me; and now to the compilation apparently) and the other one does not.
I somehow managed to forget about how some games have different endings, and how even so, only one is the ~true~ ending. How about FFX-2 (since it's another FF with Nomura in charge)? There's more than one ending. Yuna & Tidus may or may not get back together depending on which ending you get. Does that mean that there is no ~canon~ ending? I don't know... but I'm pretty sure that the ~true~ and ~complete~ ending is the one where Tidus comes back.

Then again, I could be wrong.

@null: see ya, and don't let da door hit ya on da way out.

why are they all so happy?
As Isabella said, reading comprehension... or possibly, maybe it's one of those essays that imply that while he may be with Tifa now, it's the udder girl that is his won twu wub. She wouldn't be the first or only person I've seen to say/write that.

Isabella

Your Mom
They seem to think that pic of Aerith's date scene means he loves both of them ... but definitely Aerith more.

So why was no mention made of her?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Especially considering that the date scene is put near that 'other love' box AND that they basically go "oh yeah someone will invite Cloud depending on how YOU act" :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
She basically says, look, ok, Cloud's in a relationship with Tifa. But he still has a bond with Aerith, and nothing can take that away from them.

And that's something I think a lot of us agree with. But I think they're seeing bond and reading it as Bond of Twu Wub, even though she speculates it could be a love of a different nature than romantic love.

And btw, I'm curious why she's being given so much authority? Is it simply because she speaks Japanese? Because her essay just boils down to one person's opinion.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
No you can't! Or else I'll once again be the only one who doesn't get what they're talking about XD

Last edited:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
it was a little too much teal deer for me, I'll try to read it again later.

also:

AngelAlex said:
Just remember, folks, blessed are you when they insult and hate you all for a fictional pairing.
...what

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
She basically says, look, ok, Cloud's in a relationship with Tifa. But he still has a bond with Aerith, and nothing can take that away from them.

And that's something I think a lot of us agree with. But I think they're seeing bond and reading it as Bond of Twu Wub, even though she speculates it could be a love of a different nature than romantic love.

Yeah, I don't think the bond is a romantic one. It's similar to his bond with Zack. No less important, just different than romance.

And btw, I'm curious why she's being given so much authority? Is it simply because she speaks Japanese? Because her essay just boils down to one person's opinion.

Yes, it's because she's Japanese, I think.
Personally, I just find her attitude refreshing. And I have asked her for permission to repost it here/ for her to begin posting here as well.

Isabella

Your Mom
I find MotA refreshing as well, and I wasn't trying to slight her at all. Sorry if I gave that impression.

And Alex, no one hates anyone else over a pairing. Enough with the holier than thou business.

Vendel

Banned
The whole "Cloud might technically be with Tifa but Aerith is still special in a different(better) way" line of thinking smacks of...

:retreat:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm just amused that they've all determined it doesn't mean romance when the only person who actually speaks the language said it did...

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
No they say it means romance but that the High Affection version isn't canon

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
I still don't see any reexamining of beliefs.

No "well maybe my interpretation was wrong". All I see is "C/A is so beautiful and special and is still the only romance I see".

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I still don't see any reexamining of beliefs.

No "well maybe my interpretation was wrong". All I see is "C/A is so beautiful and special and is still the only romance I see".

Where? in MotA's essay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom