Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I wonder why "clingy" is treated like such a four letter word among the fans.
Characters have to be ~perfect~ to be liked.

She did collapse into near-uselessness without Cloud in FFVII. There's dependence on another person, and then there's over-dependence. I think not being able to function without the other person would fit under a character flaw. Maybe not 'clingy', but still.

Do cats chase dogs where you come from?
My cat does. He's a hard bastard.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch

Actually, I like Tifa because she's a flawed character. I hate 'speshul' characters that are perfect and without any 'human' failings. Clingy just isn't one of her flaws.

She did collapse into near-uselessness without Cloud in FFVII. There's dependence on another person, and then there's over-dependence. I think not being able to function without the other person would fit under a character flaw. Maybe not 'clingy', but still.

When was this? Did I miss part of the game? This is Tifa you're talking about, right? Survived Sephiroth, member of AVALANCHE, at one point leader, runs her own bar in the slums, decides to go after Corneo on her own all without the help of magical Cloud...that Tifa...? Or are you referring to Mideel when the love of her life is comatose and non-functioning and she decides to stay by his side and take care of him as opposed to hunting down Sephiroth? Then? She collapsed into uselessness? Is that what you call it? To that I say

because there are no words for that flawed logic. Shame, Hito. Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. :awesome:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Anyone who thinks Tifa is clingy needs to go take a closer look at Rinoa and come on back and claim Tifa is that bad while keeping a straight face.

Heh, oddly enough, a lot of Cleriths compare Rinoa to Aerith. :loopy: And yet, neither of them are clingy. I recall a quote:
"You don't see any of the other heroines being clingy. Was Rosa clingy? No. How about Rinoa? No.... blah blah more shit no one cares about"

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
:huh:

lol, no. At least Aerith didn't openly glomp another man while she was still dating her BF. I recall one of you telling me she wrote like... 80-something letters in the span of like... 3-4 years(?) to Zack before giving up. Rinoa's just.... urk.

Last edited:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Anyone who thinks Tifa is clingy needs to go take a closer look at Rinoa and come on back and claim Tifa is that bad while keeping a straight face.

I love you. Remind me to marry you 5 years later. :monster:

Heh, oddly enough, a lot of Cleriths compare Rinoa to Aerith. :loopy: And yet, neither of them are clingy. I recall a quote:
"You don't see any of the other heroines being clingy. Was Rosa clingy? No. How about Rinoa? No.... blah blah more shit no one cares about"

Well, Rinoa and Aerith do share some similarities in terms of certain characteristics... BUT AERITH PWNZ. THEY CAN'T COMPARE. AMAGAD, HOW DARE THEY. Besides, Aerith isn't clingy, and neither is Tifa. Rinoa? She's getting there. Really close.

I kind of thought that she's Aerith and Tifa's lovechild or something (fempreg! ...oh wait). In that linked Clerith lulz proofz site a couple of pages back, it stated that Tifa and Rinoa looked nothing alike. While in my head Tifa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rinoa, I still accept the fact that they both share similar designs. Very painfully similar designs.

1backiw5.jpg

But the site said, "Rinoa and Tifa are NOTHING alike. They just both have dark hair and dark eyes (lulz). It's Aeristh who is just like Rinoa" and "It's Quistis and Tifa who are similar."

:monster: LOL much?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time

I dunno....are you hot? Need picz. But why wait 5 years, how old are ya?

I kind of thought that she's Aerith and Tifa's lovechild or something (fempreg! ...oh wait). In that linked Clerith lulz proofz site a couple of pages back, it stated that Tifa and Rinoa looked nothing alike. While in my head Tifa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rinoa, I still accept the fact that they both share similar designs. Very painfully similar designs.

1backiw5.jpg

But the site said, "Rinoa and Tifa are NOTHING alike. They just both have dark hair and dark eyes (lulz). It's Aeristh who is just like Rinoa" and "It's Quistis and Tifa who are similar."

Duuuuur, Tifa's bangs are brushed to the right, Rinoa's to the left, they're completely different! Stupid Clotis, do I have to explain everything to you?

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Well, Rinoa and Aerith do share some similarities in terms of certain characteristics... BUT AERITH PWNZ. THEY CAN'T COMPARE. AMAGAD, HOW DARE THEY. Besides, Aerith isn't clingy, and neither is Tifa. Rinoa? She's getting there. Really close.

1backiw5.jpg

Yeah, the changes to Tifa's design in AC make her very similar to Rinoa in appearance, one of the many reason I still prefer the design in the original game.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Oh, Rinoa is the archetype of Clingy FF heroes. Her or Edge. It depends on if you think Rydia likes the attention and is playing coy or not.
Strangely though, she's in a circumstance where everyone thinks her clingyness is a good or at least necessary thing in universe. See also: Squall.

Not til your Junior year of college, shortstack.
And Drake, our Meibito is pedobear approved.

She's there. Doesn't make her horrible as a person or a character. Definitely example that neither T or A are clingy.

1backiw5.jpg

Tifa has a stronger nose and draws her mouth wider, but the cheecks and chin are nearly the same.
Get Garnet and Lulu in there for the sameface quartet.
Also, it's 'on a tangent' or 'off on a tangent'
Off tangent is back to the original course.

Yeah, the changes to Tifa's design in AC make her very similar to Rinoa in appearance, one of the many reason I still prefer the design in the original game.

The original design already looks decently like her, at least if you look at the 'real' version Nomura drew around the same time for her appearance in Ehrgeiz.

Last edited:

jelly

Pro Adventurer
I will agree with those who say neither woman is clingy. I think people who call Tifa clingy think she has an unhealthy emotional attachment to Cloud and that her world revolves around him. And people who call Aerith clingy refer to her being more assertive in pursuing Cloud. I can kind of see where people are coming from, but I still don't think 'clingy' is the best word to describe either woman.

In any case I like what this says:

Fairheartstrife said:
There's a HUGE distinction between 'clingy' and devoted/dependent/dedicated (and all sorts of other alliteration words...).

And I also think if you're going to call someone clingy in a (co)dependent sense, you should consider calling Cloud clingy too. Did someone say that Tifa is described as his pillar of emotional support or something like that? But again, I can't think of a character who is clingy. Cloud and Tifa are both devoted and dependent on each other.

I remember reading somewhere that Nomura based Tifa's AC design on his 2 favorite characters (appearance wise) Kaldea and Rinoa. With Tifa's outfit looking similar to Rinoa's, and her facial features similar to Kaldea's. Whether that's true or not, it does look uncanny.

And I know this is kind of off topic too, but yeah, I like Tifa having flaws. And she is one resilient woman.

jelly

Pro Adventurer
By the way, I can imagine Cloud freaking out if Tifa was ever to go missing and not knowing where to find her. I also think if Tifa was to turn into a veggie that he would put everything else aside to stay with her. My opinion only.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
By the way, I can imagine Cloud freaking out if Tifa was ever to go missing and not knowing where to find her. I also think if Tifa was to turn into a veggie that he would put everything else aside to stay with her. My opinion only.

He kinda did. In AC/C, he stayed by her side until she awoke, even with the other nonsense going on.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
He could have been out looking for the kids or tracking down the SHM. :monster:

On that note, as much as I love a person I'd be willing to ditch them to go look for the kids. I mean, they are KIDS, a couple of whom I care about and are in the clutches of some insanely evil men. I think I'd want to save them, first.

But whateves. :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
OH yeah I was thinking he didn't know the SHM took the kids but he said "reno and the others are searching" didn't he?

Although it could also be due to the fact that he was feeling useless... the jerk.

jelly

Pro Adventurer
um, yeah I think he was still in "Im no good to anyone" mode so "I will stay here and beat myself up and look at Tifa and feel stupid for not helping her." At least that's how I saw it.

And after that even Tifa and Aerith were kind of like, "Cry me a river" and had to really nudge him to go out for the kids.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.

1backiw5.jpg

Tifa reminds me of Avril Lavigne there. :(

And then if she was ever killed...

Watched Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid? Yeah, I imagine it would be something a bit like that.

Vendel

Banned
I do so love a youtard coming at me like they know something.

Gotta love this opening salvo.
youtard said:
Umm Case Of Tifa is after AC and umm as it says Cloud is never really home to (according to you) his "lover" Tifa. Once again as sad as it is Tifa and Cloud are not lover but just close friends that are like family. That's all it is
Oh you poor, poor thing. Don't worry. Uncle Vendel will now educate.

cReo

HRH The Prince of Hell
AKA
_=Taige=_

h!

cloud sort of did this.. in AC/C, remember, he woke up earlier than tifa

after they both went unconscious, then he never left her until she woke up..

of course, the cleriths think he did left her side.. everyone knows that there was no flower on the bedside vase when he woke up, then suddenly a single flower was on the vase when tifa woke up:awesome:

Last edited:

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.

Vendel, where do you find these people?

of course, the cleriths think he did left her side.. everyone knows that there was no flower on the bedside vase when he woke up, then suddenly a single flower was on the vase when tifa woke up:awesome:

Wait. Really? I can't even see a vase.

You know, by that same logic Cloud gave Tifa her Cloudy Wolf ring during the film. Hence why it wasn't on her finger at the beginning. Hurrah for discontinuity errors. :awesome:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
youtard said:
Umm Case Of Tifa is after AC and umm as it says Cloud is never really home to (according to you) his "lover" Tifa. Once again as sad as it is Tifa and Cloud are not lover but just close friends that are like family. That's all it is
YouTube. Where else?

youtube.png

listen_to_yourself.png

cReo

HRH The Prince of Hell
AKA
_=Taige=_

Wait. Really? I can't even see a vase.

You know, by that same logic Cloud gave Tifa her Cloudy Wolf ring during the film. Hence why it wasn't on her finger at the beginning. Hurrah for discontinuity errors. :awesome:

SORRY... not a vase... just a flower on the left side of cloud..:lol:..

honestly.. i can't spot it... i keep on playing that cloud-tifa conversation

but i never saw where is that goddamn fucking flower.....

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I eventually DID find a Flower in the scene.

It was one of the pictures on the wall.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Holy fucking shit, Zee, lay off the fuckdamn strawmen. I don't think EITHER fucking woman is clingy, just that Aerith's waiting up at night so Cloud couldn't leave and then running past him to keep him from running off came off as 'more' Clingy than anything Tifa did.
I love how Ryu saves his fbombs for me. :monster:
And don't pretend like that isn't exactly how people react here. Someone brings up that Aeris had a tragic past, and there's a million replies why Tifa had it worse. Someone brings up a point that Tifa has dependent and clingy behavior, and there's responses about how Aeris is clingy and desperate.

You should have been around this fandom long enough to recognize that the heart of every single argument has been and will always be which heroine is "superior". (Because that girl deserves Cloud as her consolation prize, dammit!)

Apparently! I mean shit, I love Aeris, but I fully recognize that (among other things) the girl does not know when to shut up long enough to keep Barret from wanting to shoot her in the fucking face.

Actually, I like Tifa because she's a flawed character. I hate 'speshul' characters that are perfect and without any 'human' failings. Clingy just isn't one of her flaws.
Honest question here: then what do you consider her flaws to be? And real flaws, please, nothing like "SHE LOVES TOO MUCH" which is about as much of a flaw as Bella Swan tripping over her own two feet.

Vendel

Banned
Honest question here: then what do you consider her flaws to be? And real flaws, please, nothing like "SHE LOVES TOO MUCH" which is about as much of a flaw as Bella Swan tripping over her own two feet.

Tifa's flaws? Well she isn't Aerith. But that is everyone's flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom