• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Maiden of the Planet

What did you think of Maiden of the Planet?

• It's awesome

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • So so

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • It sucks

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Maiden of the who?

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
See, I would buy this if the games had been released the other way around. Crisis Core was released almost a decade later than the original game, and SE has already shown a fondness for retconning.

I just don't buy that having her "wear pink for Zack" was their original intention when they made the game, I just don't, and I think it's a stupid thing to assume.

It's not so much as shoehorning the relationship in retroactively, it's why they even bothered to add it into the storyline in the first place. Zack/Aeris has no narrative relevancy if it wasn't to cause suspect to Cloud/Aeris. You could make the arguement that it was foreshadowing to Cloud's identity crisis, but this could be done without the Zack/Aeris relationship. It's quite apparent that aspect of the story was included to cause suspect to the whole Cloud/Aeris red herring romance.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Those fucking ninja Clotis are at it again, I see. :monster:

Goddamn them!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
But if we want to play that game, why would Nojima write Case of the Lifestream White (keeping in mind that the newest OtWtaS stories and ACC are the newest Compilation entries) such that Aerith refers to Cloud as her desired person/koibito? I won't venture to make the comment that Case of the Lifestream White only talks about her feelings for Cloud, as it's true that Aerith was thinking about Cloud because Seph was obsessing over him, but the reality of the matter is that Nojima still chose to identify Cloud as Aerith's koibito.
Very much this. The usual response to bringing this up is "but but CC!" and yes she loves Zack in CC, but she clearly has feelings for Cloud now. And the fact that she still wants to get to know Cloud after she realizes she's been chasing him for the wrong reasons says something to me.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
Are we going back to the "koibito" thing again? Did we already rant and rave about this in the LTD forum like... forever ago?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I don't... think so... at least not the whole "it was mutual it wasn't it was this it was that before CoLW came out" stuff.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Wait, wait. Instead of debating the whole "koibito" thing and what it really means for the love triange in an Aerith/Cloud/Tifa context, we've switched to Cloud/Aerith/Zack, right?

I get so confused and these love triangle debates are all starting to sound the same.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
It's not so much as shoehorning the relationship in retroactively, it's why they even bothered to add it into the storyline in the first place. Zack/Aeris has no narrative relevancy if it wasn't to cause suspect to Cloud/Aeris. You could make the arguement that it was foreshadowing to Cloud's identity crisis, but this could be done without the Zack/Aeris relationship.
Or because romance sells?

It's quite apparent that aspect of the story was included to cause suspect to the whole Cloud/Aeris red herring romance.
not the fucking herring argument jfc

crack

Donator
Or because romance sells?
Right... because their romance is clearly more important to the majority of gamers than knowing the events that took place before Zack's death. lol spoilers.

Honestly, if we're going to go on the subject of ROMANCE SELLING, that one commercial that people use with ~a love that could never be~ seems much on the point.

It's better than "Cloud never loved Aerith at all, nuh-uh, no way!"
Probably because he never loved Aerith?

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Right... because their romance is clearly more important to the majority of gamers than knowing the events that took place before Zack's death. lol spoilers.

Honestly, if we're going to go on the subject of ROMANCE SELLING, that one commercial that people use with ~a love that could never be~ seems much on the point.
Well honestly, it did play a big part in the story. I know a chunk of people who bought it for the pairing, she was all over the fucking posters for it too.

And that's exactly what that was. FFVII's central story had nothing at all to do with romance.

crack

Donator
Well honestly, it did play a big part in the story. I know a chunk of people who bought it for the pairing, she was all over the fucking posters for it too.

And that's exactly what that was. FFVII's central story had nothing at all to do with romance.
It would have sold copies anyways. Final Fantasy game as are always successful, and even if people bought it for the pairing, I highly doubt Square Enix presented a backstory with those two for the sole purpose of selling more copies.

If they wanted to bring in the big bucks, they would have shown a cut scene with Cloud and Aerith and Zack having sex like bunnies.

Which they did not. This might indicate they do care a little about not completely screwing the compilation over with because of their LTD fans. :sadpanda:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Probably because he never loved Aerith?
You can't do that dude. You can't say "Cloud and Aerith was a red herring" and then say "Cloud never loved Aerith." It's one or the other but it can't be both.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
throwing in romance isn't done to attract shippers, it's done to attract female fans.

Aaaaaand, how many guys do we have in here debating Cloud/Aerith vs. Cloud/Tifa?

Okay, granted, their posts mention boobs a lot, but they're here... and they actually do contribute a good point every now and then.

crack

Donator
You can't do that dude. You can't say "Cloud and Aerith was a red herring" and then say "Cloud never loved Aerith." It's one or the other but it can't be both.
what is this i don't even.

Okay, granted, their posts mention boobs a lot, but they're here... and they actually do contribute a good point every now and then.
A lot of the male members here aren't technically shippers like most female members here are.

Vendel

Banned

And here I thought because the possibility of a C/A romance is a Red Herring is exactly the proof that Cloud didn't love Aerith?

But hey maybe I am just crazy?

Chi said:
Then... what are they?

Arguing canon does not a shipper make Chi.

crack

Donator
Then... what are they? :huh:
There's a difference. You can believe a pairing is canon but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to support it, which is exactly what a shipper does, like writing fanfiction or drawing fanart for the pairing. Most of the male members here are just debating canon.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
And here I thought because the possibility of a C/A romance is a Red Herring is exactly the proof that Cloud didn't love Aerith?
Lol, okay I worded that wrong. What I meant to say since you acknowledge there WAS a red herring about Cloud and Aerith being a couple, you can't then turn around and say there was no proof of them being a couple whatsoever. Because there had to be some indication that he did love her or else the red herring couldn't exist.

and I think y'all knew what I meant :awesome:

And Chi, you'd argue that Romeo and Julliet are canon right? Does that mean you ship them?

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Arguing canon does not a shipper make Chi.

There's a difference. You can believe a pairing is canon but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to support it, which is exactly what a shipper does, like writing fanfiction or drawing fanart for the pairing. Most of the male members here are just debating canon.

Aaaah... okay. That makes sense.

crack

Donator
Lol, okay I worded that wrong. What I meant to say since you acknowledge there WAS a red herring about Cloud and Aerith being a couple, you can't then turn around and say there was no proof of them being a couple whatsoever. Because there had to be some indication that he did love her or else the red herring couldn't exist.

and I think y'all knew what I meant :awesome:

And Chi, you'd argue that Romeo and Julliet are canon right? Does that mean you ship them?
You are talking to me, right?

Top Bottom