• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Maleficent

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Angelina Jolie makes a fantastic Maleficent. But there's something about Aurora/the sleeping beauty that annoys me.

Wikipedia said:
"Maleficent is the untold story of Disney's most iconic villain from the 1959 classic Sleeping Beauty. A beautiful, pure-hearted young woman, Maleficent has an idyllic life growing up in a peaceable forest kingdom, until one day when an invading army threatens the harmony of the land. Maleficent rises to be the land's fiercest protector, but she ultimately suffers a ruthless betrayal – an act that begins to turn her pure heart to stone. Bent on revenge, Maleficent faces an epic battle with the invading king's successor and, as a result, places a curse upon his newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Maleficent realizes that Aurora holds the key to peace in the kingdom – and perhaps to Maleficent's true happiness as well."

The picture I get from this does not make me excited about the movie. I want to see revenge and destruction, not a happy ending. :/ But it's a Disney film, what can you expect.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Not impressed with trailer. But I'm intrigued enough to give this a shot.

Atm I have mixed feelings about Angelina as Maleficent.. she doesn't exude her sinister vibes. But we'll see.

Why the fuck is Elle Fanning playing Aurora. Ugh.

Lex

Administrator
Well she turns into a dragon and dies in the original story, so if they stick to that I don't really see how it can have a happy ending.

I think she's going to make a fantastic Maleficent, and I can't wait to see how this movie turns out!!

EDIT: Elle Fanning's accent is terrible though. Also she doesn't really look tall enough to be Aurora as I'd envisioned her.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
EDIT: Elle Fanning's accent is terrible though. Also she doesn't really look tall enough to be Aurora as I'd envisioned her.

I don't think she looks old enough either. :P Which is no surprise I guess, after all she was 14 when they started shooting the film.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The Disney version is more like, dangerous kid doesn't get invited to the nice,leagal party, and crashes it and (almost) ends up killing someone...

and now Disney is having them wonder why nobody likes them? It's only slightly obvious from the cartoon version why nobody does. It stinks of someone trying to be hip/cool with an old classic that should be left well enough alone.

Probably has to do with how I didn't watch many Disney Princess movies as a kid, but for some reason my parents had no problem with me reading the actual fairy tales by Charles Perrault and the Grimm Brothers... where most of the villains aren't misunderstood at all...

Side note: the Charles Perrault version of Sleeping Beauty definitely has the fairy who curses Sleeping Beauty portrayed in a (very) negative light. The king forgot that she existed, or forgot to send her an invitation, and when she crashes the party he actually makes an effort to apologize because he didn't intend not to invite her. And then she goes and gives Sleeping Beauty a death curse... yeah.
It turns out the step-mother of the Prince is an ogress and wants Sleeping Beauty and her kids for lunch...

Last edited:
The trailer didn't really do much for me, but it looks like the movie could be OK. I mean the visuals look nice (the shot of Maleficent and the branches is great) but nothing really stood out to me to set it apart from stuff like the recent Oz movie and Snow White and the Huntsman. As for the story, I was expecting it to be more like a kind of prequel but it looks like they're doing some sort of retelling? She better still turn into a dragon. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
HOLY. FUCK.

This trailer erased every misgiving that I had about this film entirely.

X :neo:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Yeah I had my doubts and I probably won't go to the cinema to watch it, but from the first words from Jolie, I was intrigued. I think she'll do a surprisingly good job as Maleficent actually.

Lex

Administrator
OMFG THAT TRAILER IS MAGNIFICENT

WHEN SHE SMILES BOTH TIMES

KILL THEM ALL MALEFICENT I AM ROOTING FOR YOU!

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
It makes me regret kicking her ass in Kingdom Hearts in her regular and Dragon form as Sora, beast and goofy. :[

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I really can't wait to see how she turned evil. There aren't a lot of films that show the viewpoint of the villain. By the looks of it, could be one of the best films of this year. Roll on May!

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Maleficent has some amazing cheekbones. Just like Peggy Bundy. :awesome:

I won't knock it until I see it. Angelina usually plays a roll that is typical for her kind of appeal. I feel like every time I see her face on a movie ad, I already sort-of know what kind of movie it's going to be and what kind of character she's going to play. Maybe she'll steal the show, who knows. :D

Charlize on the other hand can play any roll in any genre and make everyone around her seem slightly more meaningful just by standing in the same room with them. Did you see her in Monster???

I won't speak on the matter of Kristen Stewart's acting skills, just like I won't speak on the matter of dull, boring, constipated looking rocks.

Charlize on the other hand can play any roll in any genre and make everyone around her seem slightly more meaningful just by standing in the same room with them. Did you see her in Monster???

I won't speak on the matter of Kristen Stewart's acting skills, just like I won't speak on the matter of dull, boring, constipated looking rocks.
I'm sorry but... What the hell are you talking about? Neither of them are in this movie.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Hold me, I'm in love.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Trailer for a trailer, but IDGAF.

She's gonna get her wings back and turn into a dragon and everything will be amazing.

X :neo:

Top Bottom