• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Marvel Disney series

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
Loki’s one of my favourite MCU characters, but I found this series a bit of a letdown. Hopefully things pick up substantially in S2.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I can't get excited over that. The saccharine christmas theme is a turnoff if you ask me.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Oh man I have opinions about this. Its clearly based on Matt Fraction and Aja's hawkeye series, affectionately known as "hawkguy". It has the same logo and the same bad guys, and I recognise some of the action scenes. This run is what got me into comics, the art is gorgeous, you could literally technically archery from some of the illustrations, and the characters are great.

Problem is, the whole storyline is about how Clint Barton really doesn't have his shit together when he isn't being an avenger, and his bad life decisions keep hurting people he loves, something he can't get his head around because why would anyone care enough about him for him to be able to hurt them? The superhero stuff is all very much alongside the core story which is about a lonely guy living in a kind of shitty apartment learning to sort his life out, kinda.

But of course they've given him the wife and kids again and turned it into "will he get home in time for Christmas???" And stripped all the nuance from the story. You can't tell the story that comic did and have Clint be a family man. I wish they'd just picked a different comic to base it on, I might be a bit more excited then.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Oh man I have opinions about this. Its clearly based on Matt Fraction and Aja's hawkeye series, affectionately known as "hawkguy". It has the same logo and the same bad guys, and I recognise some of the action scenes. This run is what got me into comics, the art is gorgeous, you could literally technically archery from some of the illustrations, and the characters are great.

Problem is, the whole storyline is about how Clint Barton really doesn't have his shit together when he isn't being an avenger, and his bad life decisions keep hurting people he loves, something he can't get his head around because why would anyone care enough about him for him to be able to hurt them? The superhero stuff is all very much alongside the core story which is about a lonely guy living in a kind of shitty apartment learning to sort his life out, kinda.

But of course they've given him the wife and kids again and turned it into "will he get home in time for Christmas???" And stripped all the nuance from the story. You can't tell the story that comic did and have Clint be a family man. I wish they'd just picked a different comic to base it on, I might be a bit more excited then.
The problem with that is there isn't a single other Hawkeye comic story worth basing the TV show on, because Comics Hawkeye is an enormous sack of crap who obliviously went about being said sack of crap for decades.

I don't like Comics Hawkeye. :monster:

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I actually don't know much about hawkeye outside of hawkguy, because it got me into comics but I promptly pinged off into stuff like Phonogram and never looked back haha.

I can see why they picked that story, but if you're going to tell it, maybe actually tell it instead of grabbing the aesthetics and painting it onto a feel good family fun time. Maybe they're going to subvert that? But the Christmas music doesn't give me hope...

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I don't mind them taking inspiration from good stuff and retooling it for this setting. That's what they've done with "The Infinity Gauntlet," "House of M," "Vision" by Tom King, "The Ultimates," etc.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Anyone else watched moon knight yet? (All 1 of the episodes available so far lol)

Oscar Isaac's """"London"""" accent hurts my soul. Genuinely can't tell if it's shit on purpose or not, but given that nobody around him seems to notice I'm guessing not. Ending theme for ep 2 was a banger tho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom