Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Figured there might as well be a thread for it. I can't be the only one looking forward to this. :P

First the latest news:

Coulson confirmed to be alive in SHIELD tv series

Unconfirmed whether he was somehow revived, never died in the first place or whether the series simply takes place before The Avengers.

Info stolen from wikipedia:

S.H.I.E.L.D. is a planned American television series, based on the Marvel Comics organization of the same name. It will be produced by Marvel Television and air on the ABC network, and will be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sharing continuity with the films in that franchise. A pilot, to be written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, and directed by Joss Whedon, has been given the green-light.

Cast and characters said:
Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson: An agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. who oversees many of the division's field operations. The character will headline the series.

Skye: A quintessential Whedon woman, Skye is described as "bubbly and goofy" but "also warm, edgy and witty." She's in her late 20s and can more than hold her own in any situation.

Agent Grant Ward: A gruff, anti-social manly man in his early 30s who's great at his job but not so great at getting along with his coworkers. Ward has a strong moral foundation and isn't without his charm.

Agent Althea Rice (a.k.a. The Cavalry): A strong, silent type, still damaged by harrowing combat duty, Rice is in her late 30s and is both an ace pilot and a weapons expert.

Agent Leo Fitz and Agent Jemma Simmons: A twosome so connected to each other they're known as "Fitz-Simmons." They're in their late 20s but already highly respected agents. Nerdy yet attractive, they bicker like brother and sister. His specialty is weapons, gadgets and cutting edge technology. Hers is life sciences (both human and alien).

Please let it be good. And if it is good, don't let it be cancelled. :wacky:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
At least it's not on Fox this time. ABC is a lot more likely to want to keep this around than Fox would be since both Marvel and ABC are owned by Disney.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Setting it before The Avengers is the simplest, easiest, and (imo) more interesting option, although the life-model decoy is possible.

It'd be a pretty blatant retcon, though. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Important question: Will Hill appear at some point? I like looking at Cobie Smulders. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Wait whatr,

he did buffy
he did angel
he did firefly
he did dollhouse

therefore I shall watch, and i shalll enjoy.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
My money is on this taking place before Avengers.

As much as I loved Coulson if they revive him I'm gonna hafta smack someone.

Lex

Administrator
Wow, two people he hasn't worked with before. That's a combo breaker for him!

Splintered

unsavory tart
I can't wait to watch it, be a little "eh'd" at the first episodes, only for it to become epic mid season and become addicted to the show, and then have it cancelled shortly after.

It's going to be great

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Who's Chloe Bennet? Also what's Nashville's?

I honestly have no clue. :lol:

I can't wait to watch it, be a little "eh'd" at the first episodes, only for it to become epic mid season and become addicted to the show, and then have it cancelled shortly after.

Well I'm guessing that since this isn't FOX, they're going to be kinder on the Whedons. :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Plus, as I stated above, it's their own property. They have extra incentive to make sure it does well.

Lex

Administrator
Do we know what network he's trying to push for? As a non-American I really shouldn't care, but he's sworn not to work with Fox so many times I've lost count. (Exaggeration, it's only happened twice).

No really though, please don't let it be Fox.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It's already been confirmed to be airing on ABC, which makes sense since Disney owns both Marvel and ABC.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Filming for the pilot starts tomorrow. :D

tumblr_mgzw1akoHM1qk0ssco1_500.jpg

tumblr_mgzw1akoHM1qk0ssco2_500.jpg

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
QUADRUPLE POST:

Renamed to "Agents of SHIELD":

Joss Whedon (MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) shows us not all heroes are super with MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Fresh from his role in the summer’s box office smash, MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven’t been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). They’ll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual – of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents – that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Executive Produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen (Dollhouse, Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog), Jeffrey Bell (Angel, Alias) and Jeph Loeb (Smallville, Lost, Heroes) comes Marvel’s first live-action TV series, MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=77139

Also, J. August Richards aka Charles Gunn from Angel landed a role in the pilot:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=77079

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Pretty excited now it's been green lit. It's been far too long since Joss Whedon, God of the Nerds, lorded his presence all over TV with his genius.

laurence

Pro Adventurer
Great news. Whedon's one of my all time favourite writers. I've even got a pair of shirts saying how great he is. I'm looking forward to the new series/

Top Bottom