• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Marvel's Avengers (Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics/Eidos Montreal)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
That would be awesome and totally badass if they were, but judging from the imagery in the trailer, I don't think that'll be the case. Or maybe we could see the Play Arts Kai appearances as bonus outfits or something.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Does the Marvel/Fox ownership thing effect the rights to the games? It would be interesting if they could build a game universe, including all Marvel properties.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i know it gets floated around as an idea since disney bought marvel and lucas films, but i really don't want to see marvel or star wars in kh. the idea doesn't do anything for me at all

Pixel

The Pixie King
They already have Big Hero 6 in there, so there's no real need for more superheroes in KH3.

Random Nobody

local roach
i know it gets floated around as an idea since disney bought marvel and lucas films, but i really don't want to see marvel or star wars in kh. the idea doesn't do anything for me at all
Isn't that what everyone said about Kingdom Hearts when it was first announced?

...I mean the series has never done anything for me, so I have no real opinion here.

Morgan_Freeman_point.jpg

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
5TwCNzO.jpg

one set of crossovers (disney and 'generic square' + the odd ff characters) is one thing, but then adding superheroes and then star wars just seems. idk. it's not like it was one of those big crossovers from the start. adding pirates of the caribbean was odd enough. also i'm just not that into superheroes and while i like star wars well enough i don't really care to see them in random games just because

but that's just like, my opinion, man

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
:lol: Whats less cool than mixing Sephiroth and Goofy? Wolverine with Goofy.

I don't even give a shit about Marvel but that would be just insanely stupid. The whole concept of KH is like the product of a hyperactive 6 year old's mind. Seriously, my daughter could write it, and she's 4.*

Soooo, lets hope they don't go down that route. Can't imagine any serious SW or Marvel fans (that don't already like KH) going for it.

Just make some good games for once Square and keep the bullshit to a minimum.

*actually to be fair her stories are usually more concise than KH. :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
you can't really beat donald duck going 'it's sephiroth!!!' in a donald duck voice

like, what does iron man have on that. nothing. nothing can beat watching donald duck, goofy, and sephiroth interact. just go home now, spiderman, you ain't got shit here

I think you can mix any set of worlds, so long as you do it the right way. With the right aesthetics, gameplay, storytelling etc you could create a beautiful mix.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
A Square Enix/Marvel crossover that's similiar to Kingdom Hearts?(You know; Square and Disney).

I think they're attempting of having their Final Fantasy icons to match up with Marvel's icons. Ugh, I'd rather have them use Dragon Quest with Marvel, and I definately don't want to see Marvel in Kingdom Hearts.

My prediction will be in the next decade or so or less that Square Enix will form a partnership with Nintendo; Pokemon/Final Fantasy crossover possible in the future.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Not me. I still have a magazine from 2001 with a small blurb basically saying, "Hey, this is going to be a thing," laying out the basic premise (Disney+FF+a few original characters designed by Nomura). I think there was also a small picture of Sora holding the Kingdom Key and one of Kairi.

i immediately thought "This sounds amazing."

And honestly -- I did love KH up through KH2. The mobile aspect of KHcoded annoyed me, and that's probably when it started losing me. By the time 358/2 Days came along, I was well on my way out the door. With KH3D, I slammed it behind me.

I will play KH3 at some point, though.

As for the Marvel thing, no, I don't want to see Marvel characters in KH. I'm sure they could make it work if they devoted a whole game to it, but I'd prefer they stop at a world for "Big Hero 6," whose world and story is self-contained. It's also a better fit in terms of tone and aesthetics. I'm sure it will rather readily lend itself thematically as well.

Also, no to "Star Wars" in KH. Tempting as it may be to see Sora get a Lightsaber keychain, I wouldn't relish a heavily truncated version of any "Star Wars" tale we know, and would want to roll my eyes at any forced analogies between the Dark Side and the darkness in people's hearts.

Only way I can see it being okay (by my standards anyway), is if it was a wholly original and self-contained event for "Star Wars." And if there was some offhand explanation that Sora, Donald and Goofy had somehow landed not in a "world" of their reality, but had found themselves in "a galaxy far, far away -- perhaps beyond any universe we know."

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

You, Twilight and me triple on that. Leave Marvel and Star Wars well away from Kingdom Hearts and no where near Final Fantasy.

As for the Marvel thing, no, I don't want to see Marvel characters in KH. I'm sure they could make it work if they devoted a whole game to it, but I'd prefer they stop at a world for "Big Hero 6," whose world and story is self-contained. It's also a better fit in terms of tone and aesthetics. I'm sure it will rather readily lend itself thematically as well.

Also, no to "Star Wars" in KH. Tempting as it may be to see Sora get a Lightsaber keychain, I wouldn't relish a heavily truncated version of any "Star Wars" tale we know, and would want to roll my eyes at any forced analogies between the Dark Side and the darkness in people's hearts.

Yeah, Big Hero 6 is enough, but no further than that. Also, no Pixar either, unless it's Brave, then I can handle it. But no Toy Story or things like that.

And if Square Enix wants to fiddle with Marvel and/or Star Wars, make a crossover with StarOcean since that's more closer to home to these two then KH and FF.

Sapp

Rookie Adventurer
This is pretty cool. Wouldn't mind seeing them just focus on stand alone marvel games for now just to test the waters. Then they can think about cross overs and whatnot haha

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
I kind of like the idea of a Final Fantasy/Marvel or FF/MCU crossover. In large part because I can just imagine the snarkier Marvel heroes and villains taking the piss out of Sephiroth, Seymour and the like. With all the Psycho jokes both going right above their heads and pissing them off at the same time. Perhaps with Sephiroth and Seymour mellowing out a bit, by either palling up with Loki or joining Hydra. Hey, that's as close to redemption as I can imagine for those two assholes.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I kind of like the idea of a Final Fantasy/Marvel or FF/MCU crossover. In large part because I can just imagine the snarkier Marvel heroes and villains taking the piss out of Sephiroth, Seymour and the like. With all the Psycho jokes both going right above their heads and pissing them off at the same time. Perhaps with Sephiroth and Seymour mellowing out a bit, by either palling up with Loki or joining Hydra. Hey, that's as close to redemption as I can imagine for those two assholes.

If there's no quid pro quo then I'm not really interested, don't need to see Captain America and Rocket Raccoon get up on their high horse about subtle character design.

Top Bottom