Marvel's Inhumans

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I didn't see a thread for this, so here we go!

Inhumans-movie-logo.jpg

Not exactly psyched this is being made into a TV show for ABC rather than a movie, but I'll take what I can get.

Anyway, I'm making this thread because I also come bearing casting news and there was nowhere to put. For real. I searched.

Iwan Rheon, infamous for his role as Ramsay Bolton on HBO's Game of Thrones, has been cast as Maximus the Mad, brother of Black Bolt.

16807321_1702496829766882_7665510116823756578_n.jpg

https://news.marvel.com/tv/60095/iwan-rheon-set-key-role-marvels-inhumans-series-abc/

I think it's a pretty good casting decision! :lol:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think he'll do really well as Maximus. I'm quite curious to see the other casting choices come in to see who we'll be looking at now. Thanks for the thrad~

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
RCQ4Trh.gif

...I don't know the dude. :wacky:

Putting the first two episodes in IMAX theaters sounds interesting except it won't be any good to anyone not being close to one, like me :P

Wonder what made them rework it into a tv series.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I still think they are just trying to make them the new X-Men when they don't hold a candle to them.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I still think they are just trying to make them the new X-Men when they don't hold a candle to them.

This gets said a lot (especially in the comics world), but it continues to not be the case. While they are a society of people with superpowers, they're inherently pretty different from Mutants in a lot of core story elements – Terrigen as a right of passage, the old monarchy in their society, etc. etc.

Inhumans always work when they're embracing the things that strongly differentiate themselves from the Mutant stories, imo & if we're dealing with Maximus, we're already almost certainly gonna be focusing on the royalty and that whole side of their culture which is night and day different from the world of the Mutants.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
This is probably more a discussion for the comics section (though maybe it will be a thing in this show as well; I certainly hope not), but Marvel absolutely tried to sell the Inhumans as the new X-Men, what with the Terrigen Cloud triggering unexpected transformations in seemingly normal people (analogous to normal kids turning out to be mutants) and the resulting bigotry that followed (analogous to ... well, bigotry toward mutants).

And I still say they've failed. :monster: I really couldn't care about the NuHumans, as they are called.

What I do agree with you on, X, is that the Inhumans work best when embracing the stuff that makes them very different from the X-Men and even the mutant demographic in general.

Marvel, focus on the royalty of the Inhumans, the politics, the machinations of Maximus or whoever else. Just don't try to sell me on the idea that the X-Men are the poor man's Inhumans, and that these guys do the same idea so much better.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Saw this on Facebook earlier, but I was at work so I didn't have a chance to post it.

I've never seen this woman act in anything before, but here's to hoping she does Medusa justice! She's quickly become one of my favorite Marvel ladies in the past year or so, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the Queen of Attilan on screen. One of the reasons my stomach sunk when I heard this being made into a TV show rather than a movie was because I knew they'd have to blow most of the budget just to animate Medusa's hair. I really hope it doesn't look too cheesy. *fingers crossed*

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
If I'm not mistaken, I believe he will be entirely CG.

You know, since he's bigger than your average human. :monster:

I could be wrong though.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
All I know is that every time I think of Lockjaw, I always think of the hyper speed alien dog Woola from John Carter.

If they can make his as ridiculous and endearing as Woola, they'll have succeeded in my mind.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Awesome, you beat me to it!

I kinda hope Black Bolt gets another suit at some point, because the one Anson Mount is wearing seems kinda... plain. :closedmonster:

I mean, you can see make out the bolts on the front of the costume, but they could have at least added some silver or white trim, ya know? Black Bolt is a fricking king ffs. Other than that it's not a bad costume. I wonder if they're going to work the cowl in somehow with the antennae.

And yay for Lockjaw! That thing is HUGE!

Last edited:
Top Bottom