• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Masamune Origins theory

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
So for long time some of us been trying to figure out where did Masamune come from? How did sephiroth get it and from who?.

Well one theory I came up with actually could make sense if you think about it, it focused on a certain ffv character who likes to travel different dimensions yep the one and only Gilgamesh but not ffv Gilgamesh no this Gilgamesh is exclusive to ffvii universe like Gil in ffxv is exclusive to that world.

In ffvii Gilgamesh is a title to powerful wutai warrior who led wutai into battle for centuries serving the Kisaragi for generations, during the wutai war from 90's to 2000's ffvii calendar one Gilgamesh titled warrior faced Sephiroth and despite being on equal grounds loses to the future soldier hero and as a gift to the honorable soldier gives sephiroth the Masamune and dies from his sounds afterwards.

In the years before this Gilgamesh the third Gilgamesh forged a Odachi made from adamantite and a share of a meteorite and infused with mako creating the Masamune from then on through generations each Gilgamesh wielded Masamune in battle either from monsters or other human enemies, some died honorable deaths others of old age but kept passing the blade down until sephiroth.

The last Gilgamesh saw in the young soldier incredible honor and strength and cause sephiroth fought him honorable gave him the Masamune as a token of such, and since then sephiroth has wield it honoring his fallen opponent, and that is the theory of Masamune Origins I know confusing but in a sense it makes sense.

The other was sephiroth just found it and that is that another is he gets it from my OC Seraph but I thought the Gilgamesh one made more sense

Top Bottom