• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Mass Effect Series

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Okay, so no more patches. Have they fixed all the insanity? Is the game worth getting yet?

Lex

Administrator
I've heard it's great post-patches but I can't confirm as haven't done a Scott/ Jaal replay yet (the romance was patched in, should have been there in the first place but I suppose this'll do).

Honestly I had a great time with the vanilla game so I'm looking forward to a smoother experience with my next playthrough.

@Yop, if there isn't DLC it's because of the game's lukewarm reception, not a creative decision. DLC was definitely planned given certain hints in the game, but here we are 5 months later with no mention of it. EA has basically just dumped Mass Effect like hot shit because it didn't get a 99 metacritic when it was their decision to release the game early in the first place, and Bioware's decision to hand their biggest franchise to their C studio. Anger.

@Ite, I think you'll love it. Play it.

Lex

Administrator
Confirmed no DLC btw. Their post is basically saying they're finished touching the single player altogether, but will continue to keep up the MP. It specifically talks about a plot point that was planned to be DLC:
we will continue to tell stories in the Andromeda Galaxy through our upcoming comics and novels, including the fate of the quarian ark

Lex

Administrator
I had all my feelings about this already back shortly after the game released, but to have it confirmed like this really sucks. They've managed to take the best new IP by miles from the last generation and burn it.

Andromeda has it's issues but nothing that would warrant this treatment. I don't think we'll be seeing another Mass Effect until the middle of the next decade at the earliest.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Nooooo. :( I've been thinking of picking up Andromeda again (got halfway through it before XIV distracted me). I just hope they make more Mass Effect games in the future, and recognize their mistakes (and good points) with Andromeda and their success with the trilogy to make something even better next time.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Just finished the main story, including side missions and assignments. I'm so sad that there might not possibly be another sequel, as I think I enjoyed this the more I played it. :/

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I've been trudging through tons of side missions and quests, but it's certainly been low on my priority list. I definitely agree with Amizon in that I enjoyed it the more I've been playing it, though it's just really no patch on the originals. Not surprised by the announcement at all after all the other developments that have come up.

Lex

Administrator
EA says Mass Effect isn't dead

"Well I think, my personal opinion is, I think that the game... I usually don't do this, but this is one of those places where I feel like the game got criticised a little bit more than it deserved," Söderlund said. "I think the game is actually a great game. Yes, we have to acknowledge the fact that there were some things that maybe we could have done better, absolutely, but as a whole, if you go in and you buy the game today with everything that's in it today, I believe that that's a game worth buying, personally."

"So that's the first thing I'll say. The [second] thing I'll say is, for Mass Effect as a franchise, that has such a big fanbase, and you know I've seen people saying 'Oh, EA's not making another Mass Effect'. I see no reason why we shouldn't come back to Mass Effect. Why not? It's a spectacular universe, it's a loved [series], it has a big fanbase, and it's a game that has done a lot for EA and for BioWare.

"What we need to be careful though of is, whenever we bring Mass Effect back again, we have to make sure that we bring it back in a really [relevant] way, and in a fresh, exciting place. That' my job, and that's Casey's [Hudson] job, and BioWare and the Mass Effect team's job, to figure out what that looks like, and that we don't know yet, but we will."

Sure thing dood, see you in 2027

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
What's weird is that statement sounds like it was spoken by Donald Trump. Totally his way of talking about stuff.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Nah, it was mostly about the game and not himself, and he didn't blame the media for the game's not-excellent reception :monster:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Finally finished the main game + important side assignments. I feel a little numb (and not in a good way). Engaging enough to play, but a really poor story from beginning to end.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I just love the hypocrisy on Söderlund "He guys Andromeda is worth spending your money on, just not ours." I'm still fucking seething with anger at the game not getting any sort of story DLC but I can find out the fate of the Quarians in a fucking comic, that's just fantastic. Can I use my Ryder in that comic? No. Are my decisions in that comic? Nope. Can Kimble and I romance a female Quarian in that comic? Hell no. But I'm so glad they have plans to go back to Mass Effect at some point in the future because "at some point" has been going on really well for Jade Empire so far.

Lex

Administrator
Someone made a Mass Effect gaming cave

21765442_10155996259439218_4567671027411721951_o.jpg

21728640_10155996259559218_5068671834545618411_o.jpg

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
That gaming cave looks pretty cool! Though, I feel like there's be a much better, subtle way of showing your fandom while still making the furniture look amazing.

Still, I'd love to have something like that and one day I'm hopefully able to make an awesome nerd cave of my own!

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
I actually really enjoyed Andromeda although it had flaws, and the gameplay had me pissed at certain parts. I remember one section where the map showed me where to go, but not how to get there, and it took me forever to figure out how to get to the marker because of the terrain. I still liked it a lot. It wasn’t nearly as good as 1-3, but still Mass Effect and still enjoyable.

All that being said, let us pray to Yevon that this is Mass Effect 4 and not another spin-off!

Lex

Administrator
I don't know why, but while I was driving to work this morning I imagined a different ending to Mass Effect 3 (this literally popped into my head for no reason).

- Following the Illusive Man/ Anderson death scenes in the Citadel, the Crucible is activated but nothing happens.
- The phrase "Shepard-Commander" is heard and following a flash, the scene changes to Shepard standing in a digital world similar to Legion's ME3 mission
- Legion appears. Turns out that when he sacrificed himself to "go to" the Geth consensus on Rannoch, he wasn't able to fully transfer his data before the reapers stole his code
- Legion reveals that while he has been trapped in the digital!crucible he has discovered the plans for the crucible were actually planted by the reapers to provide a false hope to distract civilizations while they were harvested - the true purpose of the crucible is as a reaper weapon
- Legion suspects there may be a way to repurpose the crucible to destroy the reapers, and guides Shepard through the data nodes to achieve this
- Shepards memories appear as holograms throughout - important moments, character deaths, romance etc

The end goal is obviously that the crucible is repurposed to win the war and destroy the reapers (with varying levels of success or the difficulty of the "dungeon" dependent on war assets or previous actions in the game) but that's where my little daydream stopped. What a random thing to happen while I'm driving to work :monster:

It doesn't really fit with the pacing of the game but it was a neat distraction at least!

Top Bottom