• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Megaman

firehahahahahaha

fire master
Lol you still can. It's def. one of the best in the original series. Although I'd much rather play the X series. I've been trying to track down Megaman X Collection lately, but it's not around here :(.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Capcom killed Megaman for me.

null.

Pro Adventurer
The only game in the series I truly despised was Megaman Legends. Most others are OK.

I'm a huge fanboy of Zero and Bass, so take my opinions with a grain of salt. :lol:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I liked Legends, the gameplay was a huge divergence but I enjoyed it.

I didn't like the later X series, or the Zero series. Too "anime" for my style. Megaman shouldn't have opening FMVs. Megaman, at least the way I remember it, is "there's eight evil robots causing trouble, go kill them". Doesn't take a FMV to explain that.

I loved Battle Network series, never got into Star Force.

I recently bought Megaman Anniversary Collection. 20 bucks, and like, 10 full games, many of which are the NES ones that I've read about in my cousin's ancient issues of Nintendo Power. Fun shit, that.

Megaman will go down in history with Zelda, Mario, Sonic and Final Fantasy as a pillar of video gaming, and rightfully so.

firehahahahahaha

fire master
The Anniversary Collection is pretty epic, but the lack of Megaman Soccer, and Megaman and Bass is kinda dissapointing :(. And I've never played the Battle Network or Star Power series. They both don't look all that great...

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
The Anniversary Collection is pretty epic, but the lack of Megaman Soccer, and Megaman and Bass is kinda dissapointing :(. And I've never played the Battle Network or Star Power series. They both don't look all that great...

I had MM&B for the Gameboy Advance, it's cool, if only to control Super Bass. The devs did a pretty good job of making Megaman's moves different from Bass'. Like, Megaman can slide into areas Bass can't, but Bass can use the jetpack to fly through areas Megaman can't. Megaman has his charge shots, Bass has rapid fire. So even though the stages are the same for both of them, they play through those stages in an entirely different way.

The Battle Network series is more RPG-like than the rest of the series, you collect battle chips for special attacks, combine chips to attack in patterns, level up, random encounters, etc. The RPG-like gameplay is probably why I liked it though it was such a depature. And all the throwbacks to the original series are cool too.

Just, if you ever play the BN series, skip BN4. For some stupid reason, the developers made that game in such a way that, to access all the hidden areas and fight all the bosses, you have to play through the entire game three times. WORST. IDEA. EVER.

firehahahahahaha

fire master
lol the best megaman RPG is Megaman X: Command Mission. But the gamestop near me has like every single battle network for sale lol.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
lol the best megaman RPG is Megaman X: Command Mission. But the gamestop near me has like every single battle network for sale lol.

Try 3 or 5, preferably 3, those ones are the best ones. If you're planning to pop your BN cherry, do it with one of them. ;) I say "preferably 3" because 5 has "liberation" missions that add a new gameplay element the other games don't have that can be difficult to grasp at first. The last three games had several differences in gameplay from the first three like that.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Ive beaten all nine of the original and the first 4 of the X series. It went downhill after that. Though the first 4 X games are damn amazing.

X7 was pretty terrible, but from what I've heard, X8 was one of the best in the series.

X7 is indeed the worst. Bad music, boring stages, bad boss choreography, pointless New Game+ feature, irritating voice acting, stupid storyline. Everything about it sucks.
X6 was much better in comparison.

Nanaki2

Travelin' Wonder
AKA
Indy
Classic and X are my favourites. BN is okay, but I always been a classic fan. Has anyone played the Gameboy Megaman games? The ones like Dr. Wily's Revenge and the one with the Stardroids.

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
How does the megaman thread only have one page.

I first played megaman at one of my brothers friends house as a little kid. I cant remember which one but it was on the NES. I loved it but was terrible at it.

Fastforward to when i had a GBC i had megaman extreme and played that game for i dont know how many hours.

After that i rented megaman legends. First i was kinda confused by it but i quickly fell in love with it. I remember renting it again because i didnt want to stop and hadnt beat it yet. After that i tracked down a preowned copy of my own.

Years later i happen to see a preowned copy of megaman legends 2. I was so excited, i had no idea there was a second game. Enjoyed it equally as much.

After that i bought megaman command mission. This game i bought new. Excited for a turnbased rpg megaman. I remember this game i enjoyed it for a while but it lost me somewhere. I cant remember why, i should give it another try. I know i never finished the game.

I have played other platform megaman games but i cant remember which ones. Sounds like i should try X8 to crave my platform fix

Edit: a remake of legends would be great in my eyes

Last edited:
Top Bottom