• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #11: Ask AvecAloes anything

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This is a new thing we're doing where we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=4031]AvecAloes[/member], who has elected to share the following information:
H'okay, so!

Around these here forums, I'm known as AvecAloes, or Avec for short. Cassandra's my real name, Casey for short (CASEY, not CASSIE - - - I'm looking at you, Carly :desu: ). 27 years old (soon to be 28), married to Micah, polyamorous and dating ForceStealer, living in Philadelphia and loving it. Micah is currently out at sea (he's in the Navy, for those of you who haven't picked up on that), and it sucks balls. He's been gone since February. The longest span of time I had to go without being able to communicate with him at all was about 6 weeks. Might not seem like a long time to some of you, but daaaamn it dragged. Navy life in general has been a drag. I'm sure some of you have caught on to my feelings regarding the matter. :P

Currently not working, but am spending my time creating art (I should post some more pictures, come to think of it), reading, hanging out with friends, going to concerts, and watching too many things on Netflix and Hulu. I'm hoping to get back to school at some point for my Master's degree (hopefully in printmaking, although I've also been toying with the idea of doing something with History, which is what my Bachelor's degree is in). Who knows!

I love video games (duh), music, art, books, museums, historic areas of cities, traveling, good beer, good food (especially desserts mmmmm) etc. I dislike bad beer, cockroaches...and probably some other things but cba. That's what your questions are for, right?

Filling this out kind of feels like I'm making a dating profile, to be honest. Ha.

But anyway, that's just a little glimpse into my life at the moment. I'm pretty open and don't have a ton of shame, so ask whatever you like! I look forward to answering.
Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Ghost X

What kind of art you like?

Do you have any favourite artists? If so, who?

Where have you traveled?

What did cockroaches ever do to you? When they inevitably replace beef, will you be put off people? :awesome:.

If you were given the opportunity to download (upload?) yourself permanently into any one game world, what would you choose?

[I think that in 50 years everybody will retire this way - leave their old shagged out bodies behind and go live forever in virtual heaven.]

What's your historical period?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Cassie said:
(CASEY, not CASSIE - - - I'm looking at you, Carly :awesome: ).

I see what you did there. :awesome: You'll always be Cassie to me. <3

So um n00dz? :wacky:

When can you come online for call tiemz? I miss your lovely voice.

AvecAloes

Donator
What kind of art you like?

Do you have any favourite artists? If so, who?

Where have you traveled?

What did cockroaches ever do to you? When they inevitably replace beef, will you be put off people? :awesome:.

Oh boy. Um, yes? It's never been easy for me to come up with this list, and I think that every time I have, the results have been different. So let's go with current favs, I suppose - Renoir, Sadanobu Hasegawa IV, Alfons Mucha, and from current times, a good friend of mine, Adrienne Stein. Her works are so ethereal and stunning.

As for travel, inside the United States, I've been as far west as Illinois for a music festival, as far south as Florida, and as far north as upstate New York. Outside of the US, I've been to Canada once, El Salvador 3 or 4 times, and the Dominican Republic once. We've been trying to go to Ireland and Japan for a while now, and we're hoping against hope that next Spring will be when we actually get to make good on our plans (damn Navy).

Cockroaches are naaaaasty. I don't know they're just gross. Gross! They're one of only two bugs that make me shriek when I see them. :shudder: No more cows? Give me chicken. Pork. Fish. Anything else. No cockroaches.

If you were given the opportunity to download (upload?) yourself permanently into any one game world, what would you choose?

[I think that in 50 years everybody will retire this way - leave their old shagged out bodies behind and go live forever in virtual heaven.]

What's your historical period?

Hmmm....this is a toughy. I mean, most game worlds that I can think of off the top of my head have some sort of huge catastrophe happening (I mean, think of all of the FF worlds! :lol: ) I think I might have to say Pokemon. Any of them, I suppose, but might as well say Pokemon Y as it's the one I've been most recently playing. Live in a world where Eevees exist? Ok!

My concentration in college was the Medieval era, although I wrote my senior thesis paper on events happening in the 4th Century...

I see what you did there. :awesome: You'll always be Cassie to me. <3

So um n00dz? :wacky:

When can you come online for call tiemz? I miss your lovely voice.

:sigh:

I don't know if I'll ever put up full-blown n00dz, but I can't say it's not a possibility :desu: I'll exchange my n00dz for yours, though, and to any of the ladies who also feel like sharing (Mage knows this fo sho) ;)

And I should come online for Skype more often...one of the issues right now is that I'm limited to using my phone for Skype, as the laptop is fried. But when are you guys generally on? I should make the effort to pop in sometime soon.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
When will I ever get to make sweet sweet love to you?! <3

What's your favourite artwork of all time and why?

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Where did you get that Aerith fanart? I absolutely love it!

What got you into drawing? Any particular inspiration?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
How did you and Micah meet?

How did you and Force meet?

AvecAloes

Donator
When will I ever get to make sweet sweet love to you?! <3

What's your favourite artwork of all time and why?

Hopefully soon, gorgeous ;)

Oh lord. This is an awful question. I honestly don't know if I HAVE a single favorite piece of art...can I just say anything by Van Gogh (particularly his nighttime/starry night paintings) or Monet?

Where did you get that Aerith fanart? I absolutely love it!

What got you into drawing? Any particular inspiration?

It's from a hilarious FF7 comic on deviantart.com. Oh man is it good. Hiiiighly recommend reading through it!

Hm. I don't really remember anything specifically getting me into drawing. I just always loved doing it, and I loved the art classes in elementary school and such. When I was in middle school, my grandma decided to support my talent and interest and paid for me to take some extracurricular art classes, and then I took as many art classes in high school and college as I could. I should have just majored in Art in college, but I thought I should do something more useful.......so I ended up with a useless History degree :lol:

How did you and Micah meet?

How did you and Force meet?

Micah and I met on the school bus in middle school, which his aunt drove. We were friends all through middle school and high school, and would hang out and whatnot outside of school. His girlfriends all hated me, because they could tell that I liked him, but I was too shy to say anything about it to Micah himself, so he always just figured that we were close, like brother and sister or something. At least, that's what he would tell his girlfriends, haha. We didn't start dating until the summer before my senior year of college, when things just clicked for both of us. We dated for a few months, he proposed, and a year after we started dating, we were married.

I met Force through Micah, actually. They're best friends IRL, but I didn't meet Force until Micah and I were already dating. Force and I eventually also became best friends, and I was always attracted to him, and had a pretty big crush on him almost from the time we met. Eventually he and I developed a mutual attraction, and we all eventually just kind of went along with it. Hanging out with the two of them together is a taste of heaven for me. They're my family ^_^

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Normally I'd ask a fellow trainer their fave Pokemon but I suspect you already indirectly answered that :awesome: But, let's get it down for sure: Eevee? Favorite Eeveelution? :trainermon:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
What is your favorite method of doing the art?

Okay, so. Pokemon.
-Five favorite pokemon?
-Favorite generation? (1: Red/Blue/Yellow, 2: Gold/Silver/Crystal, etc)
-Favorite Eeveelution? (this is important PREPARE TO BE JUDGED 8[ )
edit: NINJA'D WHILE I TYPED THIS
-Favorite team? (Rocket, Aqua, Plasma, etc)
-If you could pick any starter from any generation, which would it be?

You mention that you 'live' in Philadelphia - were you born there as well? If not, what influenced your decision to move there?

On a related note, what are your thoughts on Boy Meets World?

Regarding Final Fantasy, do you have a favorite? If so, why that particular game?

How tall are you?

If you could make real any one fictional element that you have encountered (literary, artistic, game...istic?, etc), what would it be? Why?

Favorite book?

If you were a Disney character, who would you be? Why?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
:sigh:

I don't know if I'll ever put up full-blown n00dz, but I can't say it's not a possibility :desu: I'll exchange my n00dz for yours, though, and to any of the ladies who also feel like sharing (Mage knows this fo sho) ;)

brb taking pictures. :awesome:

And I should come online for Skype more often...one of the issues right now is that I'm limited to using my phone for Skype, as the laptop is fried. But when are you guys generally on? I should make the effort to pop in sometime soon.

We're almost always online. We should plan a group call/video calls like the ones we used to do for drinking nights.

So you've played Mass Effect but have you ever played Dragon Age?

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Aerith or Tifa?

What is it about Ireland and Japan that makes them your top priority for wanting to travel there? The culture? The food? People? Atmosphere? All night karaoke bars?

Favourite scene or quote from a book that has stayed with you over the years?

Cabaret

Donator
How did you come up with your name? It's very beautiful.

What has been your best holiday?

Would you ever join the forces?

What's your top 5 bands of all time?

AvecAloes

Donator
Normally I'd ask a fellow trainer their fave Pokemon but I suspect you already indirectly answered that :awesome: But, let's get it down for sure: Eevee? Favorite Eeveelution? :trainermon:

Definitely Eevee - sooooo adorable! As for my favorite Eeveelution, I might have to go with...uh...THEY'RE ALL ADORABLE AND AMAZING AND HOW CAN I POSSIBLY CHOOSE? :( Probably one of the original three Eeveelutions, though. The first one I ever used was Vaporeon.

What is your favorite method of doing the art?

Okay, so. Pokemon.
-Five favorite pokemon?
-Favorite generation? (1: Red/Blue/Yellow, 2: Gold/Silver/Crystal, etc)
-Favorite Eeveelution? (this is important PREPARE TO BE JUDGED 8[ )
edit: NINJA'D WHILE I TYPED THIS
-Favorite team? (Rocket, Aqua, Plasma, etc)
-If you could pick any starter from any generation, which would it be?

You mention that you 'live' in Philadelphia - were you born there as well? If not, what influenced your decision to move there?

On a related note, what are your thoughts on Boy Meets World?

Regarding Final Fantasy, do you have a favorite? If so, why that particular game?

How tall are you?

If you could make real any one fictional element that you have encountered (literary, artistic, game...istic?, etc), what would it be? Why?

Favorite book?

If you were a Disney character, who would you be? Why?

Favorite method right now would probably be printmaking, but what I'm most interested in doing rotates, usually between drawing, printmaking, and painting (with oils).

5 Favorite Pokemon (in no particular order, choosing 5 is hard enough ok give me a break)
1. Eevee (ok that one might actually be in order)
2. Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
3. Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
4. Furret
5. Pikachu/Raichu

Favorite generation? Oh boy. Well, the first Pokemon game I ever played was Fire Red, so out of nostalgia, I kind of want to give it to that generation.

Favorite team - probably between Team Rocket and Team Flare.

Starter - Charmander or Chikorita (I hate making cut and dry decisions, can't you tell?

Philly - I wasn't born here, no. Most of my family lives about 2 hours from Philly, though, so I'd been here a few times growing up. Micah and I have been planning to settle in Philly when he gets out of the Navy (we have lots of friends here, including Force, and there are a lot of places in the area that Micah could/wants to get a job utilizing his nuclear training. I moved here now because the Navy decided to deploy Micah out of Hawaii, but wouldn't move me out there. Not that I wanted to go, honestly.

Boy Meets World - I haven't seen that show in years, though I did always like it alright. I always thought Shawn was HOTT SHIT.

Favorite Final Fantasy - Again, I have a hard time pinning down just one! I really waffle between 7 and 9, although 5, 6, and 10 have also made it hard to decide, especially when I've recently played them. I guess it mostly goes between 7 and 9 though. I guess....
I really like 9's pacing, and I thought the story was easier to follow in 9 than it was in 7 (although 7 was the first FF game I'd ever played, so I was unfamiliar with the RPG method of storytelling, which I'm sure didn't help). 7's cast was better all around, in my opinion. Or at least I wasn't quite as annoyed with as many of them as I was in 9.

I am 5'1". So, rather short!

Either flight, or telekinesis. Flight because traffic sucks, telekinesis because how freaking cool would that be??

Favorite book is a hard thing to pin down, too, because things that are fresh in my mind weigh more heavily than things I've read in the past. I think in the past, though, I really enjoyed Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier, so maybe that one? The storytelling was so unique, and it just read like beauty on a page, if that makes any sense at all.

Disney character, eh? Well, my FAVORITE Disney character is probably Stitch, but I don't know if I'd want to BE Stitch. I'm having a hard time deciding which one I'd want to be, because the practical side of me keeps butting in with "well if you were this person in this time period, that would really suck because they don't have this convenience or because the plague or because her life seems like it would have too much stress or because I don't think being a sentient animal would really be all that great etc etc etc". So...I don't know :/

AvecAloes

Donator
brb taking pictures. :awesome:
I'll be holding you to this!

We're almost always online. We should plan a group call/video calls like the ones we used to do for drinking nights.

So you've played Mass Effect but have you ever played Dragon Age?

Yeah, let's all plan something! I'd love to get in on that crazy group thing.

I have not played Dragon Age, though Force recently downloaded it and wants me to start a playthrough - we've just been really taken with Divinity: Original Sin lately, so all of our free gaming time goes into that right now.

Aerith or Tifa?

Tifa. I hated Aerith the first time I played through 7, although I think a lot of that was because I already knew that she was going to die, and so didn't want to become attached to her at all. My subsequent playthroughs have softened me more towards her, as did Crisis Core, but I still prefer Tifa overall.

What is it about Ireland and Japan that makes them your top priority for wanting to travel there? The culture? The food? People? Atmosphere? All night karaoke bars?

Force studied in Japan for a semester, and has been wanting to go back. I took an interest in Japan and Japanese and stuff a few years ago, so Micah, Force, and I going just made sense for a little family vacation. Now, Micah was just there a couple of weeks ago (they ported there), so I'm the only one who hasn't been yet.
Ireland was because we were trying to plan a trip that we could do in about a week of vacation in between two of Micah's training...things. Force is part Irish, Micah and I love castles, so Ireland seemed a good choice. We were so close to going last September....and then the Navy shat all over our plans, and we had to cancel.

Favourite scene or quote from a book that has stayed with you over the years?

I may have to get back to you on this. Nothing in particular is springing to mind right now, but I'm not really in a deep-thinky frame of mind at the moment.

How did you come up with your name? It's very beautiful.

When I was in middle school, I did what all the kids were doing, and downloaded AIM. I needed a screenname, nothing was coming to mind, so I grabbed the nearest thing to me - a tube of chapstick. It had some French writing as well as English. Avec aloes means "with aloe", which I for some reason thought was a lovely thought (I think it conjured up images of my grandma soothing my hurts with her aloe plant), so I went with that.

What has been your best holiday?

Micah, Force, and I went to New York City a couple of years ago for a mini-vacation. That was a ton of fun. Lots of museums, drinking, general New York City-ing.

There were also the two times that Micah and I went down to Disney World while we were stationed in Charleston, South Carolina. I freaking love Disney World. Tower of Terror is one of my favorite rides, ever.

Oh man, there was also my honeymoon, which included going to Cedar Point in Ohio - tons of the best roller coasters on Earth. I love that park more than anything.

Would you ever join the forces?

Hell to the no. We can't wait for Micah to get out.

What's your top 5 bands of all time?

1. Radiohead
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Muse
4. Arcade Fire
5. mewithoutYou

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
yeeeeeeeesssss goooooood

Are you a fan of musicals? Like, old timey, Fiddler on the Roof/Sound of Music musicals?

On a related note, do you sing?

What are your thoughts on Morgan Freeman?

Game of Thrones?

If you were a banana, what would you do?

Transhumanism - thoughts?

If you could time travel, where would you go? Related: do you think that actions made while time traveling would A) affect the future and change it (that Halloween episode of the Simpsons); B) create and alternate reality/dimension (Chrono Cross/pretty much any comic book universe); C) be directly responsible for the existing future (i.e., that time in Harry Potter)?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
If you guys do come to Ireland, go outside o' Dublin.See actual Ireland, not just Wee Attempt at a Generic Western City.

Nah, that's mean, Dublin's got nice stuff, but I do recommend poking around beyond it, the rest of the country has a beauty a city can never match :monster:

What video game weapon would be your weapon of choice?

Contrastingly, what do you reckon would be an absolute bollocks weapon?

What's your favourite type of weather? Favourite Season?

Your least favourite game?

What's your preferred confectionary?

At what point does the rain reach a level beyond which it adopts the apocalyptic mantle of the water-based punishment of the Lord!??!? /BillBailey >__>

ForceStealer

Double Growth
(brief interjection)
--

If you guys do come to Ireland, go outside o' Dublin.See actual Ireland, not just Wee Attempt at a Generic Western City.

Nah, that's mean, Dublin's got nice stuff, but I do recommend poking around beyond it, the rest of the country has a beauty a city can never match :monster:

My lineage originates from County Donegal, so I would like to see that, though that's a bit of a hike, I know. (I also feel compelled to add an assurance that I would not be the American of slight Irish-descent going around loudly proclaiming that I'm Irish. I just mean it'd be cool to see the area.)
Anyway, I understand your advice, as I would advise visitors to the US to go someplace other that New York or Los Angeles.

--
(pardon me)

Cabaret

Donator
Radiohead?! :O but then The Zep :joy:
Are all Radiohead song utterly miserable? Can you recommend any upbeat and light hearted songs of theirs? or does this not exist? :P

I'm curious how the three way love in you guys have going on works.
Is it a long term relationship or are you guys seeing how it goes?
How did you come to acceptable borders that everyone agreed to?
Would you include anyone else? (presumably if all were agreeable.. or would that complicate things?)
What qualities do you guys have that makes this work?
Is the feeling between Micah and Force towards each other the same as their feelings towards you?
If two have a disagreement, what does the third do? (as in gang up, referee, stay outta it, something else?)
If one person wanted to leave the relationship, could the two maintain the relationship or would something be missing? - i'm not sure that's a very fair question.... if you're not comfy answering, please do just skip. I'm all for communal love, just never seen it work outside my head :lol:

Les aloes tu c'est avec, c'est un prenom tres bien. J'aime :monster:

Are you a morning or night person?

Are you a vain person?

To high heel or not to high heel?

What position do you go to sleep in?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'll be holding you to this!

Oh my, give me a couple of days to come up with something good. :awesome:

Yeah, let's all plan something! I'd love to get in on that crazy group thing.

I'll start a thread about it.

I have not played Dragon Age, though Force recently downloaded it and wants me to start a playthrough - we've just been really taken with Divinity: Original Sin lately, so all of our free gaming time goes into that right now.

You guys should play it as soon as you get the chance, you'll love it.

Top 10 favorite GoT characters.

Have you read the books?

Rank all 4 seasons.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
If I were to post
Monet-Doges-Palace-in-Venice.jpg
, how would you react?

What's your favourite Muse song and album and why? Do you think their progression has made their music more marketable but less quirky/moar pretentious?

AvecAloes

Donator
yeeeeeeeesssss goooooood

Are you a fan of musicals? Like, old timey, Fiddler on the Roof/Sound of Music musicals?

Yes, I do! I think my favorite one might be The Music Man.

On a related note, do you sing?

Yep :)

What are your thoughts on Morgan Freeman?

Hnnnnnnngh, dat voice.

Game of Thrones?

I've been hooked on the show since I saw the first episode (which I believe was sometime during the 2nd or 3rd season...I came in late to the party)

If you were a banana, what would you do?

Probably this:

JUST KIDDING, I love beer, and that would be a terrible waste of one. Unless it was a shitty beer. Then smash away.

Transhumanism - thoughts?

I think that some of the goals are honorable, such as finding ways to improve the human condition overall, but I'm a little wary of how much they effectively want to wipe out natural evolutionary processes in humanity.

If you could time travel, where would you go? Related: do you think that actions made while time traveling would A) affect the future and change it (that Halloween episode of the Simpsons); B) create and alternate reality/dimension (Chrono Cross/pretty much any comic book universe); C) be directly responsible for the existing future (i.e., that time in Harry Potter)?

This is an interesting question. Part of me thinks that my easy answer should be "sometime in Medieval Europe", because that was my period of study in college, and I think that it would be very enlightening and informative to witness the era firsthand. On the other hand....it was kind of a shitty time. I mean, by our standards. No plumbing, no AC, no quick methods of transportation, etc. First world problems/concerns, I know, haha. As for the effects of actions taken during such a time travel event - I've no frickin' clue, man. Well, I don't know. Have you seen the episode of Futurama where they end up in the past and Fry essentially becomes his own grandfather? I wish I had more backstory of Fry's grandfather - even in Fry's "original" timeline, had his grandfather died that day during the nuclear testing, or had his grandfather lived a long life? It is stated during The Why of Fry that due to his lacking the delta brainwave, he is the only one able to save the universe from the evil Brainspawn, and Fry jokes about this being due to the fact that he is his own grandfather "I did to the nasty in the pasty". If that is the case, then it was known all along by Nibbler and the Nibblonians, who planned to purposefully freeze him in the year 2000 so that he would end up in the year 3000 and eventually save the universe. But that's only possible if Fry was always going to be his own grandfather.
So....I guess I think of it as being something like that? Where it is directly responsible for the existing future?

Gotta get ready to go to the gym, I'll answer more questions later!

Top Bottom