• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #11: Ask AvecAloes anything

AvecAloes

Donator
If you guys do come to Ireland, go outside o' Dublin.See actual Ireland, not just Wee Attempt at a Generic Western City.

Nah, that's mean, Dublin's got nice stuff, but I do recommend poking around beyond it, the rest of the country has a beauty a city can never match :monster:

Duly noted!

What video game weapon would be your weapon of choice?

A gunblade, like Lightning's from the XIII franchise.

Contrastingly, what do you reckon would be an absolute bollocks weapon?

A parasol :desu:

What's your favourite type of weather? Favourite Season?

Sunny, warm (70's-mid 80's). My favorite season is probably Spring, breaking the monotony and dead chill of Winter.

Your least favourite game?

Huh, I don't know if I've ever really thought about that. My least favorite FF game would definitely be FF8, though. So...maybe that's my least favorite overall?

What's your preferred confectionary?

Ohhh, what a terrible question. Cake, pie, and ice cream are all big contenders. I might have to give it to German Chocolate Cake, though, out of nostalgia (it's always been by birthday cake).

At what point does the rain reach a level beyond which it adopts the apocalyptic mantle of the water-based punishment of the Lord!??!? /BillBailey >__>

......I'm afraid I don't get the reference :(

AvecAloes

Donator
Radiohead?! :O but then The Zep :joy:
Are all Radiohead song utterly miserable? Can you recommend any upbeat and light hearted songs of theirs? or does this not exist? :P

Ok, fine, yeah, most of Radiohead's stuff is utterly miserable, but I love it SO MUCH. Probably too much, because I love listening to it, but when I do, it starts to drag me down <_< I literally just went through all of their songs, hoping I could find one that is upbeat so I could go A-HA!!!....but such a song does not exist.

I'm curious how the three way love in you guys have going on works.
Is it a long term relationship or are you guys seeing how it goes?
How did you come to acceptable borders that everyone agreed to?
Would you include anyone else? (presumably if all were agreeable.. or would that complicate things?)
What qualities do you guys have that makes this work?
Is the feeling between Micah and Force towards each other the same as their feelings towards you?
If two have a disagreement, what does the third do? (as in gang up, referee, stay outta it, something else?)
If one person wanted to leave the relationship, could the two maintain the relationship or would something be missing? - i'm not sure that's a very fair question.... if you're not comfy answering, please do just skip. I'm all for communal love, just never seen it work outside my head :lol:

Disclaimer: I realize that I'm going to probably end up saying things in Force's place, so hey, Force, if you have anything to add or if you want to clarify something that I say, feel free to comment. :)

Well, Force and I have been dating for about 3 years now, so it's kind of become a long term thing, but I don't know if we would have seen it going s long if you had asked when it started. As for its continuance, it's just kind of a "see how it goes" thing, I guess (see further in my answer). As for borders...there kind of aren't any? We all just seem to trust each other's judgement. I would love to include another lady within our little group, someone who would be Force's "primary", but I don't think that's necessarily something that anyone is seeking out right now, because the idea of finding someone who would be ok with that right off the bat (and just keeping it between the four of us, especially, as that is the only way that Force would be ok with it) seems rather daunting, especially from Force's perspective. I just think of us as a family unit, and would love to add another family member, if that makes sense. Love and stuff!
Micah and Force are both extremely laid back, and neither of them are jealous people, which is really the only way I think that something like this could work. They're also best friends, and love hanging out themselves, and there's never been any type of competitive feelings between them, as kids or now.
No, Micah and Force are both straight as arrows, haha. They certainly love each other deeply, but there is absolutely no romantic feeling between them.
Micah and I hardly argue. There have only been a couple of times throughout our relationship that I've even been really mad at him. John and I are a little more argumentative, but that's because he's super stubborn and sometimes our methods of communicating don't mesh well, so we end up arguing, often over things that are just misunderstandings. In either case, I might vent a little to the other person, and they'll listen, maybe say a few objective things, help me understand the situation from a more objective point of view, but they never gang up on each other. They're always constructive. They will admit when the other person has messed up or is being a jerk, but they don't go and say something to each other about it then. They let me work whatever it is out with each of them individually, for the most part.
The only person who would leave the relationship would be Force, as he does want to find someone he can settle down with, and he's willing to sacrifice our romantic relationship to do so if he has to. Say, if he finds a lady he's really into, but she's really not ok with him also dating me. He says that as long as she's ok with him remaining my best friend, and meshes well with the three of us as friends and there aren't any issues with us hanging out and stuff, he would be ok with suspending our romantic relationship. If that were to happen, Micah and I would of course continue on, as he is my husband (of 6 years :) ) and we don't rely on the relationship dynamic that I also happen to have with Force. It will likely break my heart if/when Force ends things, but as long as we remain best friends, I think that we'll be ok, and that I will recover.

Les aloes tu c'est avec, c'est un prenom tres bien. J'aime :monster:

<3<3

Are you a morning or night person?

Definitely a night person. Well, make that a late evening person, haha.

Are you a vain person?

Honestly, I think I am, to some degree. I like to look good, I like to feel like I look good, and part of that is liking that other people think I look good.

To high heel or not to high heel?

Depends on my plans for the night, i.e. how far I'm planning to walk :P Typically I'll go with flats, because comfort, but also because I kind of really like how short I am. I am, however, planning to wear heels tomorrow to my birthday dinner ^_^

What position do you go to sleep in?

Generally on my back or my side, depending on if I'm cuddling with someone or not. I love being the big spoon, but I also like lying on my back while someone curls up to me in almost a spooning position themselves, half draped over me.

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
Don't know if this was asked but I am curious to know if your family knows that you are polyamorous ? If so, what was their reaction? Are they okay with it?

Also Avec I think you are smoking hot, if I was a lesbian I would want to be your girlfriend but you'd have to share me with Sprites! Oh are you into girls? Would you be okay with Micah having a girlfriend?

AvecAloes

Donator
Oh my, give me a couple of days to come up with something good. :awesome:

Good, good.

You guys should play it as soon as you get the chance, you'll love it.

haha, alright, noted!

Top 10 favorite GoT characters.

Have you read the books?

Rank all 4 seasons.[/QUOTE]

In no particular order!

1. Jon Snow (hnnngh)
2. Tyrion
3. Margaery
4. Arya
5. Syrio
6. Robb
7. Varys
8. Osha
9. Bran
10. Davos

I am currently 3/4 of the way through the second book.

Uhhhh...
Season 1
Season 3
Season 2
Season 4
I guess...

If I were to post
Monet-Doges-Palace-in-Venice.jpg
, how would you react?

Well, I smiled, so that's how. I love the color palette, I love how ethereal it is. It makes me feel at peace.

What's your favourite Muse song and album and why? Do you think their progression has made their music more marketable but less quirky/moar pretentious?

Favorite album is probably Origin of Symmetry. I love that it's a little more solid and refined than Sunburn, but not quite as refined as Absolution. Favorite song is a little harder to pin down. I go between Butterflies and Hurricanes, and Map of the Problematique. I love how driving the latter is, and I just think the former is so beautiful and haunting in its own right.
I think that their progression has been...interesting. I think they've worked themselves into a tighter niche than they had been in before (now it's more stadium rock, whereas before they kind of had free reign to do whatever they wanted). I'm honestly not sure if they were more marketable now than they were before, but somehow they did kind of explode, so, I guess? I think that they are still able to show some quirkiness, but as I said before, their style as a whole seems much more streamlined. I'm not sure if they're more pretentious for it or not, to be honest. I haven't been to one of their shows since their Black Holes and Revelations tour.

Damnit, I thought that was gonna be a nudey pic :P

You and everyone else ;)

Can I ask you a question?

You just did, but feel free to ask some more :P

I'm pretty sure she's joined one of them a few times now. :awesome:

I really have no idea what you're talking about :innocent:

AvecAloes

Donator
Don't know if this was asked but I am curious to know if your family knows that you are polyamorous ? If so, what was their reaction? Are they okay with it?

The only person in my family who knows is my sister, and she's fine with it. We're so incredibly different in some ways, but in terms of stuff like that, we're pretty similar, or at least understanding of each other. The rest of my family doesn't know, nor do I really think they need to.

Also Avec I think you are smoking hot, if I was a lesbian I would want to be your girlfriend but you'd have to share me with Sprites! Oh are you into girls? Would you be okay with Micah having a girlfriend?

D'awwwww well thank you! I've always thought you were quite the beauty. And of course I'd be willing to share with Sprites! Love for everyone, haha. Yes, I am also into girls. Yes, I would be ok with Micah having a girlfriend. He hasn't, yet, but he did have a random threesome with two girls when he was stationed up in New York, before I moved up there with him. Him telling me about it was one of the biggest turn-ons I've ever experienced. I know, I'm really weird.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
That Monet painting is my favourite of his BTW, for exactly the same reasons you said. It was hung in the V&A (IIRC) when I went on a class trip during college. It was to date (at that time) the biggest single exhibit of the Venice collection, and when I stood in front of it, the room was packed but it was just so calming I lost the group from just staring. :lol: One of those moments that stick with you. :)

I concur with your Muse answers BTW, but I shan't derail your thread with moar talk of them.
So what inspires you to try new art techniques? Do you read of them and go research, or are you on the lookout for new things to try on a regular basis anyway? Do you ever use textiles, or produce art on textiles?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
What about Airbag? I found that was a pretty uplifting song of Radioheads.

EDIT: The only one I can think of mind you, but I don't care I likes 'em anyway. :monster:

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Have you had any dreams about any members of the forum (Force not included)? :awesome:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Have you seen the episode of Futurama
It's funny...I had actually originally put this in parenthesis to explain one of those before I decided to change it. Between that and this

1. Jon Snow (hnnngh)
2. Tyrion
3. Margaery
4. Arya
5. Syrio
6. Robb
7. Varys
8. Osha
9. Bran
10. Davos
you've gained 12 respect points. ESPECIALLY FOR FUCKING SYRIO WHO GOES SO UNNOTICED BUT IS SO FUCKING FANTASTIC AAAAAAAAA ;.; seriously, excellent excellent EXCELLENT choices on characters there. I think the only one I'm less fond of there is Robb, but he makes up for it in the show by being Richard Madden who has a great voice (Castlevania wop wop) so yeah.

Ahem.

What is one hobby that you have that you never thought you would enjoy?

Would you ever go on a DRAAAAAAAAAAAAKE-style adventure? (sorry I just fine that particular line to be really, really funny, not least because MGS)

On a related note, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you enjoy going on an adventure like the above if it were related to a particular artist or work of art?

What are your thoughts on Monster Rancher?

When is your next modeling job? Do you enjoy it? No answers containing any form of "I'm not a model", please :P

Do you drink? If so, do you have anything you particularly enjoy?

Favorite ice cream flavor(s)?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Be sure to ask me questions about Game of Thrones and Mass Effect when my turn comes around, then :oscar:

How do you feel about gardening (i.e. would you ever), particularly along the lines of growing your own fruits and vegetables?

Would you ever create a Frankenstein?

AvecAloes

Donator
That Monet painting is my favourite of his BTW, for exactly the same reasons you said. It was hung in the V&A (IIRC) when I went on a class trip during college. It was to date (at that time) the biggest single exhibit of the Venice collection, and when I stood in front of it, the room was packed but it was just so calming I lost the group from just staring. :lol: One of those moments that stick with you. :)

That sounds so lovely, Mage. I think I'd like to look at art with you.

I concur with your Muse answers BTW, but I shan't derail your thread with moar talk of them.
So what inspires you to try new art techniques? Do you read of them and go research, or are you on the lookout for new things to try on a regular basis anyway? Do you ever use textiles, or produce art on textiles?

It's mostly been when I'm briefly introduced to something in a class or by a friend who also does arts and such. Recent example - I have a friend who studies at a small atelier school in Baltimore. I love his work, I love his painting technique, and he recommended that I check out a similar school in Philadelphia to learn more about it, so I did. Took a week long painting workshop that taught me a new way to paint.

I hardly ever use textiles. I would like to do some printmaking on shirts and such, just graphics and whatnot for fun, but I'd like to do that with a silkscreen, methinks, which means I'll have to go about getting those supplies.

What about Airbag? I found that was a pretty uplifting song of Radioheads.

EDIT: The only one I can think of mind you, but I don't care I likes 'em anyway. :monster:

Ha, yes, you're right. It played while I was in the car today, and I think that's the closest they get to being...happy.

Have you had any dreams about any members of the forum (Force not included)? :awesome:

Yup. I've had a couple of sex dreams about Mage :desu:

fave candy bar and WHY

I believe I'll have to go with Kit Kat bars. I love the texture, and since I'm not a huge chocolate eater, it has just the right amount of chocolate before I get sick of it.

AvecAloes

Donator
It's funny...I had actually originally put this in parenthesis to explain one of those before I decided to change it. Between that and this

you've gained 12 respect points. ESPECIALLY FOR FUCKING SYRIO WHO GOES SO UNNOTICED BUT IS SO FUCKING FANTASTIC AAAAAAAAA ;.; seriously, excellent excellent EXCELLENT choices on characters there. I think the only one I'm less fond of there is Robb, but he makes up for it in the show by being Richard Madden who has a great voice (Castlevania wop wop) so yeah.

Awww yeah :headbang:

Ahem.

What is one hobby that you have that you never thought you would enjoy?

Running. I used to LOATHE running. I hated it, never wanted to do it, and when I did do it, I would complain the entire time. Now I love going for runs!

Would you ever go on a DRAAAAAAAAAAAAKE-style adventure? (sorry I just fine that particular line to be really, really funny, not least because MGS)

Ha, yeah, I'd love to feel badass like that for a while, so why not?

On a related note, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you enjoy going on an adventure like the above if it were related to a particular artist or work of art?

If it were to save said artist/art, I would probably say 10, because art is so important to me, and I think it should be important to everyone, even if they don't like making art or feel they can't do it. So I would absolutely do everything I could to preserve whatever art/artist was in peril.

What are your thoughts on Monster Rancher?

I have to admit that I don't know what this is! So...my thoughts amount to very little :P

When is your next modeling job? Do you enjoy it? No answers containing any form of "I'm not a model", please :P

Well, I don't get paid to model, but I have done a pin-up photo shoot that I very, very much enjoyed, and would love to do another one when the fates allow. One of my art friends also said a while ago that he would like to draw me like one of his French girls so maybe that'll happen sometime.

Do you drink? If so, do you have anything you particularly enjoy?

I do! Go quite drunk last night for my birthday, actually, haha. I love stouts. Love them. LOVE THEM. I also very much enjoy gin, spiced rum, whiskey/bourbon, and pretty much any cocktail made with those things. I don't normally go for really sweet or fruity cocktails, though. Give me an Old Fashioned any day and I'll be happy.

Favorite ice cream flavor(s)?

Dutch chocolate, mint chocolate chip, fudge ripple, maple walnut, butter pecan, and I could keep going but I won't because I don't want this post to end up being a mile long. I. Love. Ice. Cream.

AvecAloes

Donator
Omega going into fanboy mode makes me smile on a spiritual level.

I agree!

OT: Favorite pizza topping?

Ham and pineapple.

Be sure to ask me questions about Game of Thrones and Mass Effect when my turn comes around, then :oscar:

How do you feel about gardening (i.e. would you ever), particularly along the lines of growing your own fruits and vegetables?

I have in the past! I don't have a place for a garden in the city, but when I lived in the middle of nowhere and had a backyard, I grew all kinds of vegetables. Tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, a variety of herbs, etc. I've never grown fruit, but most of the fruit I like comes from trees, so I don't know if I would ever have a place where I could do that.

Would you ever create a Frankenstein?

Nope. My luck, things would go horribly, horribly wrong.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Huh. From reading this, on a likes/dislikes/preferences level, we're a lot alike, especially when it comes to food.

AvecAloes

Donator
How was your birthday? Did you party hardy?

My birthday was very nice! I did indeed party hardy, haha. Started out with dinner with 7 of my friends, lots of wine and good good food, then we meandered to a karaoke place where we all sang our hearts out, then we ended up at a hookah bar til they closed. When we got back to Force's place, he gave me a PSP, a very sturdy carrying case, and a memory card for the PSP. I'm super excited to get started on some games with it!

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Are you still in Philadelphia? If I ever get up there again can we hang out?

AvecAloes

Donator
Can you elaborate on these sex dreams? :wacky:

Well, they're kind of fuzzy now, but it would usually involve me being in England for whatever reason, running into Mage randomly at a pub, and the chemistry just blowing us out of the water, so we'd go back to her place and make sweet, hot love...mmhmm.

Do you have a PS Vita?

I do not!

Are you still in Philadelphia? If I ever get up there again can we hang out?

I am still in Philly, yes, and I will be for quite some time, it would appear, so yes! If you make it up here, let's grab some sort of food or drink or whathaveyou. :D

Top Bottom