• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #14: Ask The Pyro (Gym Leader Devil) anything

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This is a new thing we're doing where we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=1100]The Pyro (Gym Leader Devil)[/member], who has elected to share the following information:
Hmmm... What do people wanna know about me? Alright, so I was born in Washington State some 30 years ago, but found myself moved to Arkansas just four short months later. I grew up in three different dwellings that were all on the same acre and a half of rural land backed up to a little copse of woods where I spent a goodly portion of my time. We were pretty poor most of that time, and never got beyond slightly poor.

I have two real sisters, both older. One is a pharmacist working her way up towards being a department head at the hospital where she works, the other joined the Air Force, and has sort of bummed around switching between work and not work ever since, especially since she and her husband split. Between the two of them, I have four nephews and two nieces. My dad died when I was about nine of cancer... lots of cancer. It took tumors in like six different organs to finally take him down, my old man was tough. My mom, who is perhaps even tougher, lives next door to me in a tiny cabin she had converted from a free standing storage shed :awesome:

I have two kids myself, which you all hear plenty about, so I don't get to pursue my hobbies as much as I'd sometimes like. I do swords and knives, used to do some light archery. I also write, though not so much of late, and read a lot (like, consumed five discworld novels in four days a lot). I train Pokemon, I play L4D and TF2, and just recently I've been taking over as DM for a D&D table (which is part of why I've not been around so much lately).

I'm working at fuckin' McDonalds, ain't that fun? I've actually always enjoyed being a cook for a living, if this counts, but something about fast food just seems to breed cuntish co-workers.

I'm an emotional person, especially where anger comes into play. I've had therapy, so don't worry :awesome:

I'm a witch, have been since I was a tiny kid. My beliefs are almost entirely self-determined, you won't find any organized coven anywhere who does and thinks what I do and think exactly. And yes, I said witch, not wizard or warlock. Witch has a better sound to it :P Anyway, I don't worship anything. I don't exactly venerate anything. To venerate, say, nature, is to venerate all that comes of it... and that includes people. So screw that. Any god-like beings wanna have a chat, I'll hear 'em out with no promises :monster:

Oh yes, and I'm a colossal nerd, as the trophies in my sig will attest.

So yeah, that's all I got. Think of your own shit you wanna know from there. Just remember GLD's Rules of Coversation #1: Never ask a question unless you're sure you want an answer, for GLD will answer it, possibly graphically, because he has no shame :muhaha:
Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Recount a moment that still makes you cringe with embarassment! :monster:

How did Clicky and you meet?

What bits of advice are you going to give to your kids?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Are you, in fact, actually The Pyro? Y'know, the actual one under the suit?

What weapon from any video game would be your weapon of choice?

On the flip side, what weapon would you hate to be saddled with?

What got you into Final Fantasy?

Living in Arizona, are you a fan of the heat? Or would you prefer a colder place to call your home?

What sort o' music are you into? Rap? Jazz? Metal? Easy Listening? Perhaps some Michael Bublé? :awesome:

Where would you ideally like to work, other than McDonald's?

When your kids reach the age of 10, will you abandon all pretence and send them off into the world on a great journey towards becoming Pokémon masters? :wacky:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
The roof is on fire. Do we need water?

Well now, that depends on who's roof it is doesn't it? :wacky: Maybe we do, or maybe we need a fresh batch of accelerates dumped on it.

Recount a moment that still makes you cringe with embarassment! :monster:

Hmmm.... s'kinda hard. I've had my share of embarrassing moments, but they were mostly minor things I'd hardly cringe about later on. In truth, nothing I can come up with is making me cringe in hindsight :muhaha:

How did Clicky and you meet?

Online role-playing game :awesome:

What bits of advice are you going to give to your kids?

Let's see... blows to the throat will subdue an attacker far faster and more reliably than blows to the groin. People are mostly scum, but there's a good one now and then so give 'em a half a chance to prove they're scum before you make up your mind. That sorta thing.

Are you, in fact, actually The Pyro? Y'know, the actual one under the suit?

Nope, better. I gots a spikey jacket and a kickass helmet. All the other guy has is some useless grenades :reapermon:

What weapon from any video game would be your weapon of choice?

Limiting me to one single choice is cruel. You are most unkind. But if I MUST take just one... then its probably the Vampire Killer. After all, it seems to, in fact, kill just about anything up to and including Death... for a little while.

On the flip side, what weapon would you hate to be saddled with?

Any of the many FPS guns from back in the day that do crazy shit like nuke an entire area of the map for massive damage. I'm more selective with my targets than those allow for.

What got you into Final Fantasy?

I sorta came into FF later than you might expect, when my sister grabbed me a copy of FFVII for my birthday. I genuinely didn't know wtf, having not played 1-6, so I was a bit put off of trying it right away. Then I did, and never really looked back... after I started over when I realized my memory card was borked and I couldn't save.

Living in Arizona, are you a fan of the heat? Or would you prefer a colder place to call your home?

Arkansas :P Arizona is hotter than here, though usually less ungodly humid so it balances out. And I have seen it get up past 112 F here more than once. Anyway, I can tolerate the heat just fine, but I prefer winter to summer :awesome:

What sort o' music are you into? Rap? Jazz? Metal? Easy Listening? Perhaps some Michael Bublé? :awesome:

My tastes are many and varied, but at the core I listen to Metal (more classic metal than anything more modern), rock of the 60's-90's, and so on. Yes, I've already most totally lost interest in new music, I'm very old on the inside :awesomonster:

Where would you ideally like to work, other than McDonald's?

Nowhere :wacky: I'm not, by nature, a "work" kinda guy. Gimme enough independent wealth not to need a paycheck anymore and you'd never see my happy ass go job hunting again. I'll find something to do with my time.

When your kids reach the age of 10, will you abandon all pretence and send them off into the world on a great journey towards becoming Pokémon masters? :wacky:

Pffft, when they're 10? Ashley can name quite a few Pokemon by sight now, and recognizes enough about type matchups to utter a cute little "uh-oh this gonna hurt" when someone tries, just for instance, a Grass-type out to meet my Houndoom :trainermon: She'll be a master someday if she wants to be, trust me. For now... she's already learning :muhaha:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Arkansas :P Arizona is hotter than here, though usually less ungodly humid so it balances out. And I have seen it get up past 112 F here more than once. Anyway, I can tolerate the heat just fine, but I prefer winter to summer :awesome:

Arkansas >_< Had a megabrain fart there >_<

Favourite song from FFVII?

Favourite song from Pokémon?

The Vampire Killer is an excellent choice of weapon, sir :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Captain of your own Airship/Spaceship. What do you call her and why?

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Arkansas >_< Had a megabrain fart there >_<

No reason not to, plenty of Americans don't seem to know the difference :awesome:

Favourite song from FFVII?

That changes from time to time, but as of today it is "Under the Rotting Pizza" hands down. Good times with that song.

Favourite song from Pokémon?

More difficult, by loads. I think it'd have to be the Gen V Elite Four Challenge theme though, it was very appropriate and gave a real sense of how tough the opponents were... or were meant to be anyway. I've had Gym Leader fights tougher than Unova's E4 :doh:

The Vampire Killer is an excellent choice of weapon, sir :monster:

Damn straight. Bro-fist and respect to the Belmont clan.

Captain of your own Airship/Spaceship. What do you call her and why?

Hmmm... so many good names. Airship gets to be called Brimstone, Spaceship gets Event Horizon :awesomonster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Describe to me your ideal farm/smallholding/country pile. What do you have there (crops, animals, facilities) and why?

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Describe to me your ideal farm/smallholding/country pile. What do you have there (crops, animals, facilities) and why?

Fuck me, you actually want me to think pretty hard. Animals, it'd have to have fowl of some sort. Critters are small and easy to feed, don't take up too much space, and lay eggs. Food for their entire life instead of one meal at the end of it is a pretty good deal for all that. Crops... I'm on shakier ground there. So I'd have you on the farm to advise me on plant related matters and because you're awesome :awesome:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Ah, that was half-arsed and you know it. :P

Dairy, smokehouse, milk-producers, apple-house, that sort of thing too. The only limit on crops is your imagination. For everything else, there's hemp and green manure. :awesome:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Ah, that was half-arsed and you know it. :P

Its my day off, thinking that much is teh hardz :P

Dairy, smokehouse, milk-producers, apple-house, that sort of thing too. The only limit on crops is your imagination. For everything else, there's hemp and green manure. :awesome:

And this is why one of the resources I demand for my farming collective of win is you :monster:

Dairy for sure, we get our own version of Tiffany Aching in and cheese forever. Smokehouse is pretty vital, we can preserve meats even in the event of the zombie apocalypse taking out the power :awesomonster: Apple-house is a maybe, depending on where we set this thing up. I don't exactly live in orchard country over here. Distillery might be nice to have around too, and bee hives. Put 'em together and we gots Mead :wacky: Plus more practical things like candles and just, y'know, honey. Also gonna need a fully stocked herb garden, potato fields and someone much less lazy than me to do the work on that, gonna need a hay yard if we're gonna keep cows... Clicky will want goats too, and we might as well grab some sheep if we're gonna bother with all that. Which means, if we're doing this out here, we need a donkey to smash coyotes and watch out for that mountain lion what wanders through now and then. And I demand frickin' cherry trees. Like, a whole grove of them.

Why so specific?

I'm a little brother by birth, big brother by nature. I've spent decades adopting little sisters to look after. Most of them move on and stop being little sis eventually, when they don't need me so much anymore... or once or twice cause one or both of us stopped filling sibling appropriate feelings and re-evaluated things :awesome: So two real sisters, and a small army of other sisters.

You may want to reconsider. :awesome:

Nope :wacky: GLD has no fear of a ship that travels through Hell :reapermon:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Who's better at diaper changes, you or Clicky?

It varies :monster: Right this moment we're about equals at changing Liam, while Ashley prefers her mom for that (and is potty training which is making things more awkward in some ways). Once upon a time, however, I was the very best (like no one ever was) at changing either of them :awesome: We sorta hand the title of best diaper changer back and forth as they age.

We don't need no water, let the motherfucker burn. :whistle:

Mmmph!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Ever done something a bit embarrassing like forget you left the diaper on the roof of the car?

Most hilarious thing your kids have done? Most awesome thing they have done?

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Ever done something a bit embarrassing like forget you left the diaper on the roof of the car?

A few times. Not terribly embarrassing, mind you. Not to me anyway :reapermon:

Most hilarious thing your kids have done? Most awesome thing they have done?

Oh space christ.... the hardest of all the questions. They do so much awesome/hilarious stuff. Like the time when she was only 8 months old or so, Ashley managed to pick my pocket and make off with my wallet. I didn't feel a thing, even though I was wearing my shitty work pants with the velcro pockets. She got that shit open, whipped out mah wallet, and took off without a sound. Or for hilarity, there is here newly acquired habit of pointing at her mother and saying "cleavage!" then looking down her own top in confusion. Or or the time she gave a little boy her own age a hug and a kiss... then pushed him behind her and glared at me when I automatically started growling. All of this and more really happened.

Liam is a different kinda baby. His awesome is mostly athletic, he does squats if you let him stand on your lap, he did crunches in his playpen until he got his abs built up enough to sit up on his own, and he refuses to crawl on his knees, insisting on doing it the hard way on his toes. For hilarity... well, just let him watch his sister. He's usually a kind of a sad looking baby by default with these huge blue eyes that always look on the verge of crying... she walks by and he starts grinning so big his head nearly splits in half :lol: She plays with him? These long, loud horse laughs will fill the entire house.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
That was a depressing question, now wasn't it? lol, whoops

Okay, better one, and a favorite...you win a trip to anywhere...where do you go?

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
That was a depressing question, now wasn't it? lol, whoops

The fucking as much as possible is a pleasant thought though :monster: And for the record, like most everything it really depends on the situation. If its my last day on earth because of some violent thing or the other, I take as many as them with me as I can and get m'self a cool seat in Valhalla or something :wacky:

Okay, better one, and a favorite...you win a trip to anywhere...where do you go?

Grand tour of Europe, with stops in every place with a kickass TLSer who can be visited :awesome:

Ghost X

What is your favourite ape and why?

What is your favourite insect and why?

What is your favourite bird and why?

What is your favourite nut and/or legume and why?

Classicism or Romanticism and why?

Russian roulette. 5 in 6 chances of getting a billion dollars, 1 in 6 chance of death. Would you do it? :P

Top Bottom