• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #14: Ask The Pyro (Gym Leader Devil) anything

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
What is your favourite ape and why?

Hmmmm... since you didn't specify "great apes" I'mma say the Gibbon. They amuse me, and their adaptations to allow for improved brachiation are impressive.

What is your favourite insect and why?

Honeybees, hands down. I likes me some honey... and a functionally pollinated ecosystem.

What is your favourite bird and why?

Crows, specifically the American Black variety. I likes me a clever bird that does its bit to clean up messes and advertises whatever is going on in the woods around it to anyone who knows the dialect.

What is your favourite nut and/or legume and why?

Almonds, mostly for their extract and its use in baking.

Classicism or Romanticism and why?

The space in the what now? No seriously, I barely remember what those words mean and had to look them up to be sure of myself :doh: At any rate, Romanticism, for no better reason than that I find it more aesthetically pleasing on a purely subjective level.

Russian roulette. 5 in 6 chances of getting a billion dollars, 1 in 6 chance of death. Would you do it? :P

You know that state of mind kids go through where they feel like they're immortal for a while? I never had that. So no, not happening.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Hmmmm... since you didn't specify "great apes" I'mma say the Gibbon. They amuse me, and their adaptations to allow for improved brachiation are impressive.

*brofist*

Also:
giphy.gif

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Kirk or Picard?

Gandalf or Dumbledore? (the answer is Gandalf btw)

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Red or black?

Red. But for best effect, accentuate with black :awesome:

Odd or even?

Awww hell, this always goes wrong for me lately... odd! /DnD joke

What's it like being a father?

The best thing ever. I always loved teaching, guiding, and protecting people. I've wanted to be a dad since I was like 12 or some shit. Its just... words fail. I love my kids so much it hurts, but in a nice way.

Favourite word?

There are too many words to pick a favorite. First thing that comes to mind is "susurrus" but that's just associative memory and Tiffany Aching talking. It is a damn fine word though. I think for today it's probably cackle, cackle is a very fine word.

Kirk or Picard?

Picard. Hands down.

Gandalf or Dumbledore? (the answer is Gandalf btw)

It certainly is :awesome: There can be no contest between the two. But I contend that had you said favorite wizard, the answer would be Harry Dresden. Come at me bro!

Cabaret

Donator
How did you come to work in McDonalds?
Are you happy there? If not; What would you like to go on to in the future?
What jobs have you done before?

You strike me as very grounded and mellow with a bigger picture outlook on life. Have you always been so or has something pushed you towards this? (I know you said you were emotional, mellow doesn't mean lack of emotion here, more not pitching a hissy fit on unimportant shit, y'know letting that crap glide by you.)

What's the attraction of Pokemon to you?

You met Clicky through RP, right? Did (either of) you find it difficult/awkward/strange to de-role and get to know each other on another level?

What's the most American thing about you? (I ask cos I often forget you are American! :doh: )

Do you prefer the summer or the winter?

Top 5 bands accompanied by an adjective or noun phrase you associate with them.

Do you feel very close to your sisters? I sometimes wonder if same sex siblings are closer than.... uh... male n female siblings.

How did you express your feelings of love to Clicky?

What's you favourite sex position?

What kind of duvet do you have? (sheets / feather / wool / blankets / that weird fuzzy stuff of man made origin?)

What do you think could make the world a better place?

What's your kind of drink on a good night out?

Tea or coffee?

What puzzles you about Europeans?

What's your favourite fruit?

Please explain your name, GLD, genuinely I don't get it, how did you come up with it and why?

What advice would you give someone with anger management issues?

Do you ever feel tempted to do fun stuff with your hair, like put it in rollers?

What's your preferred choice of footwear?

Ghost X

Who is your favourite Avenger (of any continuity)?

Which world leader would you select as president of the USA, if you had the choice?

What is your plan if shit hits the fan (eg: World War III)?

Impressionism or Post-Impressionism? :closedmonster:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
How did you come to work in McDonalds?

Well let's see, I applied to every place I could find that was hiring. They were the only ones who called back and gave me an interview :wacky:

Are you happy there?

I like a number of my co-workers. The work itself is somewhat pleasant when all goes well. The pay is shit, of course, so there's that. I'd say I am less unhappy than I could be, but no, not in fact actually happy.

If not; What would you like to go on to in the future?

Once upon a time, and quite recently even, I wanted to publish a book or two and live off that forevermore. Been so long since I did any serious writing that I don't even feel good at it anymore by comparison to the old days. So... fuck only knows.

What jobs have you done before?

I've been a cook three times, all different environments (fancier restaurant, weekend cook at a rehab clinic, fast food), I was a collections guy for AT&T Wireless way back (through a third party agency), I did some temp work that landed me in a freaking meat packing plant this one time, dispatch for DISH Network's field techs... Oh, technically in college I was an office drone for my dorm for an even crappier check weekly :awesomonster:

You strike me as very grounded and mellow with a bigger picture outlook on life. Have you always been so or has something pushed you towards this? (I know you said you were emotional, mellow doesn't mean lack of emotion here, more not pitching a hissy fit on unimportant shit, y'know letting that crap glide by you.)

Well, I seem more mellow on teh interwebs than in person, trust me. Its easy to look detached when there is no tone of voice, volume, or so on to give ya away :doh: But yes, I do strive for such an outlook and mostly manage, until people take just a bit too much advantage. Then suddenly the boss is sending me home for scaring the bejeezus out of dumbasses (this actually happened once).

Nothing really pushed me to be the way I am, at least no one thing. Just the general shape of my life. Dad died when I was little, so I was raised by my mother and two older sisters. Lot of feminine role models, only intermittent males. Might have had an effect, not sure. Got more grounded when my first serious lady and I split and hindsight let me see how psychotic and unreliable she was. Back in my school days I went through a few years of being bullied pretty constant by bigger kids until I looked around and realized they were all a foot shorter than me all of a sudden. It all adds up. I used to tell people I die every day and rise as a slightly different person. All that I was informs all that I am, which informs all that I might become.

I'm in a rambling philosophical frame of mind now, so I'll shut up and move on to the next question before I lose all track of this thread :doh:

What's the attraction of Pokemon to you?

Pokemon are awesome :trainermon: I like the idea of a world more or less like ours, except ALL the animals and most of the plants (many of which are also animals) have godlike super powers. The way it changes things when every other ten year old has a pet that can be concealed inside a tiny electronic ball, and said pet can breath 1,000 plus degree flames, or electrocute things with more than 10,000 volts of current, or flash freeze a target into instant incapacitation. Also, even the little cute ones the kids love so much tend to grow up mean/ugly/badass looking, so that helps :reapermon:

You met Clicky through RP, right? Did (either of) you find it difficult/awkward/strange to de-role and get to know each other on another level?

Not terribly. It was much more difficult to get back in character once we knew a bit more about each other than it was to learn that bit :awesome:

What's the most American thing about you? (I ask cos I often forget you are American! :doh: )

I sorta take that as a compliment, considering the state of my country and the general view of us. Honestly I don't feel very American. I'm most certainly not a patriot. Haven't seen the point of being proud to have been born in a specific place since I was old enough to wonder about it, really. Ummm... I don't like being told what to do, so there is that? Except we're supposed to do what the gubment tells us for our own safety nowadays dang gubment grumble

Do you prefer the summer or the winter?

There are things I like in each. Summer has swimming, which while I have done in Winter just isn't the same (and requires somewhere to warm up fast), and a decided improvement in the wardrobe of many a pleasant looking female :awesome: But really, Winter is better. I like the cold. I like snow... provided I don't have to drive in it. I like walking among bare trees and breathing that sharp, cold winter smell. Autumn is the best, honestly, but it wasn't listed as an option :doh:

Top 5 bands accompanied by an adjective or noun phrase you associate with them.

Oh hell, I suck at choosing "top X" so much. And some of my very favorite musical acts are just recorded under the singer's name. Also, I have a very associative memory and it affects my thought processes so I do not promise at all that my adjectives/nouns make sense at first glance. They may also be full sentences as needed, deal with it :muhaha: Let's see...

1. Ozzy Osbourne - Gets laughed at and brought it on himself, still rocks
2. Alice Cooper - Is a DJ now :doh:
3. Tenacious D - Cock push-ups
4. Stephen Lynch - Under-appreciated, no matter how much you appreciate him
5. Nirvana - Kurt is still dead and I am still sad

Do you feel very close to your sisters? I sometimes wonder if same sex siblings are closer than.... uh... male n female siblings.

I used to. I was always closer to the younger of the two, she had more time for a hyper active kid. And was around longer from my perspective, what with still have two years of high school when the oldest went to college. Nowadays she lives in Texas, I hardly ever see her, and it sucks. The other one found religion hardcore a few years back and, though she lives right down the road, I don't visit much cause awkward. I occasionally joke about my fear of being burned at the stake, if ya get my drift.

How did you express your feelings of love to Clicky?

Whoa whoa, what's this past tense I see? No seriously, I figure you mean the first time yes? Lemme think now, I've done this a LOT over the years so it sorta blends together. Oh, yes, I'm me so I just up and said "I love you" followed by the hugging and the cuddling and the kissing and so on :lol:

What's you favourite sex position?

Varies by woman :D You guys noticed a pattern with me always varying, depending on, etc? But the majority of the ladies who have been kindly enough to have sex with me, the very best with them involves bending them over the nearest convenient waist-height object.

[What kind of duvet do you have? (sheets / feather / wool / blankets / that weird fuzzy stuff of man made origin?)

The heavy comforter we sleep with most of the way through winter is goose down. Most of the rest of the year, I just sleep under a cotton sheet or nothing at all. I usually need something to really sleep, but for naps I frequently sleep on top of the covers :awesome:

What do you think could make the world a better place?

Honestly? Fewer people. But there's no way to really go about making that happen that isn't evil as all hell/makes it even worse in the interim... except waiting.

What's your kind of drink on a good night out?

I rarely drink when I'm out at all. I'm paranoid as is, so any sort of mental impairment around other human beings is a no-no since every single one of them is a potential threat in need of analysis. Screwing with my physical coordination also seems unwise in such circumstances :awesome: But when I do drink, wherever I might be, I likes me a White Russian.

Tea or coffee?

Coffee. Drinking a great big mug right now :wacky:

What puzzles you about Europeans?

Nothing in particular. They're humans, and therefor don't make sense by default. I gave up genuinely trying to understand humans of any nationality ages back.

What's your favourite fruit?

Apples. Fuji apples are the best, followed by Pink Ladies and Ambrosia. And Golden Opals. And... look apples are freakin' awesome.

Please explain your name, GLD, genuinely I don't get it, how did you come up with it and why?

GLD of course stands for Gym Leader Devil. A Gym Leader is a certified Pokemon trainer, allowed to establish a gym to train their monsters and teach other trainers, as well as to accept challenges from those seeking to become champion and give out a badge to those who prevail proving their worth. I've had the nickname Devil since... sixth grade I think? Might be seventh, it was a while ago. Because I'm the token evil guy and all :reapermon: Put 'em together, as you should since I'm the Master of the Dark-type, you get Gym Leader Devil.

What advice would you give someone with anger management issues?

Find a way to use it. Tis what my anger management counselor taught me. Recognize the source of the anger. Is it justified that you be angry? If not, let it go. If yes, use it. Change the situation. Don't ever just sit and let it boil. That way lies madness and spooky carnival death... I might be thinking of Xander from BtVS for that last bit though.

Do you ever feel tempted to do fun stuff with your hair, like put it in rollers?

Nah, ponytail is as fancy as I get. OTHER people, on the other hand, have wanted to play with my hair for years. Clicky gets to braid it now and again, most others are hands off.

What's your preferred choice of footwear?

Boots. Heavy, steel-toed for preference, durable boots. Nothing beats 'em.

Who is your favourite Avenger (of any continuity)?

Ahhhhh but there are so many Avengers to choose from! My brain meats are bleeding from all the thinking and choosing you guys demand! Its cruel!

But in this case, Spidey was an Avenger, so Spidey it is. Even if he has been derailed, dragged through the mud, replaced and resurrected a few times and thus largely ignored by me a lot since then.

Which world leader would you select as president of the USA, if you had the choice?

None of them. They all have power, they all sought it out, fuck 'em. Find me the one person on all this planet who least wants to be in charge and make them do it. When they get used to it/start to like it, replace them with the next least willing. Rinse/repeat. No one who wants the kind of power that comes of being the head of an entire nation should have it.

What is your plan if shit hits the fan (eg: World War III)?

Fuck, zombies are easier to prepare for than an actual global war fought by modern militaries. Given a choice though, my plan is similar. Keep my head down, be thankful I live way out in the woods and am not likely to attract much notice/am not near any important military targets, try to keep on keepin' on.

Unless... I actually think the war is worth fighting. Something like what Hitler had Nazi-Germany doing, what with the genocide and all. I might have to try and help do something about that, much as I'd rather not fight a gods damned war.

Impressionism or Post-Impressionism? :closedmonster:

Well, both have their merits, the finer points of which are beyond me. I know I'm rather fond of Van Gogh's "Starry Night Sky" so post-impressionism perhaps?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Apples. Fuji apples are the best, followed by Pink Ladies and Ambrosia. And Golden Opals. And... look apples are freakin' awesome.
O_O Those are my two favorite apple types too. And Honeycrisp is number 3. And someone else who knows apple types other then Red Delicious! Okay, so I know someone with a huge apple farm and those are their best-selling apples, but still.. *drool* Can't wait till October/November when they get harvested!

Have you ever traveled out of Arkansas? and if so, where?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Still not had a Fuji apple, are they tangyer or less tangy than pink ladies

like where are they on this scale

[tangy]Granny smith>>>>>>>>pink lady>>>>>>>>>>>golden delicious [sweet]

?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Fuji are between Pink Lady and Golden Delicious. Honeycrisp are between Fuji and Pink Lady apples. A Fuji is like a Pink Lady with the tart (tangy) and sweet reversed; it's a sweet apple with tangy undertones. Honeycrip are even between sweet and tangy.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Will you join my crew if I was a space pirate?

Where did you go for your honeymoon?

If it's a melee a trois between us, team plasma and team flare which pokemon would you have to destroy those two?

Do you like pizza?

Do you sing lullabies to your kid?

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Let me start out by saying: Of all the things to pick up the pace of this here spotlight thread... it was apples. Fuckin' apples are the most talked about thing in relation to me now :awesome:

O_O Those are my two favorite apple types too. And Honeycrisp is number 3.

Oh gods I forgot Honeycrisps! How did I forget the Honeycrisp?! I am ashamed now, and should probably be shunned forever.

And someone else who knows apple types other then Red Delicious!

Credit to my having been born in orchard country up in Washington, and liking variety. I'm also the guy who gets to pick out the produce despite primarily subsisting on meat, since I learned the knack for it as a wee lad :monster: You know that perfect, sweet/tart/wet smell the perfect apple has? That's heaven.

Okay, so I know someone with a huge apple farm and those are their best-selling apples, but still.. *drool* Can't wait till October/November when they get harvested!

I'll be jealous come harvest time then, don't see much fresh-off-the-tree apples down here in Arkansas.

Have you ever traveled out of Arkansas? and if so, where?

Oh yeah, I been all over the western half or so of this country. Spent a year back up in Washington while my oldest sister did her residency up there, for one. Lived in Oklahoma for a few years (I don't really recommend it, boring as all fuck), Houston for a while, etc, with roadtrips crisscrossing like all points in between.

Still not had a Fuji apple, are they tangyer or less tangy than pink ladies

I think Obsidian and Cab answered this better than I woulda :lol:

Will you join my crew if I was a space pirate?

Hmmmm probably not join the crew, but I'd certainly ally my crew with yours for a good pillaging :reapermon:

Where did you go for your honeymoon?

Never actually had one :lol: We're not married, which is a traditional prerequisite for a honeymoon.

If it's a melee a trois between us, team plasma and team flare which pokemon would you have to destroy those two?

Pfft, Plasma and Flare. Watch out, they got a Watchog and a bunch of Lillipups! The horror! Pretty sure my weakest team mates could handle most of them. Course, the Admins are a wee bit tougher, so if they're along for the ride I volunteer Ghidorah the Hydreigon and... let's say Karai the Bisharp, with a side order of Lenore the Honchkrow :trainermon:

Do you like pizza?

Hells yes I do. Pizza is awesome enough to make even toppings I couldn't normally stomach quite enjoyable.

Do you sing lullabies to your kid?

I sing to the kids a lot, bedtime or no. Actually, I rarely do sing them lullabies, on account of Ashley demanding I read her "Where's My Cow?" most every day (sadly not at 6 o'clock sharp) like a tiny lil' boss.

Reference an in joke no one on this thread will understand.

Not having a bathroom door blows curtain rods.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Did you Clicky start dating immediately or did you hung out as friends for a while?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Favourite game in the Castlevania series?

Favourite game in the Final Fantasy series?

If you could have any one materia (excluding the master materias), what would it be?

Favourite Belmont? :wacky:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Where and how was your first date like?

And since you ask for more awkward questions though I'm fairly certain that you Sir do not find them awkward at all:

Pick two boys to have a foursome with you and Clicky and two girls. :awesome:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Favourite game in the Castlevania series?

Super Castlevania IV for the SNES. 360 degree whip control, excellent platforming, some quite challenging bits, it had it all. Bestest remake of the original I could ever see happening.

Favourite game in the Final Fantasy series?

Unoriginal though it may be, it's VII for me. I've just never connected quite as deeply with the protags of other FF games as I did with Cloud and company.

If you could have any one materia (excluding the master materias), what would it be?

Bahamut. Not Neo or Zero, just vanilla Bahamut. Because with the other two, I wouldn't get to WATCH my enemies smited (smote? smotten?) by non-elemental dragon blasts :awesomonster:

Favourite Belmont? :wacky:

Simon. He's the OG, even if chronologically he's not at all. Plus, c'mon. Mere days after a fight with Dracula that nearly killed him, wracked with a lethal curse, he stepped up to collect the Count's body parts, resurrect him again, and kill the son of a bitch AGAIN to beat that curse. That's badass as fuck, even if he doesn't have the most pimpin' of Belmont pimp struts.

Where and how was your first date like?

Hmmm... I took Dani out for Chinese and some window shopping. Technically the window shopping was necessitated by the fact that the chinese place wasn't open yet, us having met up and gone out quite early that day. So we went over to the novelty store next door to kill time. It was enjoyable, quite comfortable. We didn't get all awkward around each other or anything, no surprise since we'd known each other quite some time by then.

And since you ask for more awkward questions though I'm fairly certain that you Sir do not find them awkward at all:

A question can be awkward without managing to bring me shame or embarrassment, but let's just see what you got here...

Pick two boys to have a foursome with you and Clicky and two girls. :awesome:

Ahhh there's my Carlie, was wondering where this sorta thing was :wacky: For guys, were I inclined to share (MINE!) I'd bring Tres in cause he's my bro and I know he'd do his ever-lovin' best to please the lady. Were I a little more gay and he a bit less I'd want Lex there, but for obvious reasons that wouldn't work out too well as is. So... hmmm second guy is hard (badump-tish!). Requires some thought. I'll come back to that.

Ladies are also hard to choose, damn near impossible. Because too many tempting choices. Mage, Avec, Octo, Tenny, Soak, Dawn, Sprites, you. Just, so many lovely girls with so many interesting quirks in their favor. Too many to be healthy :doh: Clicky also isn't as helpful as could be in casting a tie-breaker vote since she's not overly into the ladies herself. Alright, so I'm pitching Mage into this for sure because damn, she hot and wild sounding and how am I gonna pass that up? And Clicky might at least get a bit o' a thrill out of watching that kind of action :wacky: I seriously think I might have to draw names out of a hat for the second addition to our wacky quarter... but right this second, I'd have to vote Carlie :awesome: It'd certainly be an interesting way to lose your cherry, and I did always enjoy performing that service :muhaha:

Alright, back to the second male. Still seriously difficult. I don't hang with the menfolk as much as I have the ladies over the years. Never have. Don't know most of you as well, etc. I mean, like Noctis is my bro and all but that'd seem weird. He's not Tres, after all. Credit where credit is due, you've made me sit here pondering this for like 30 minutes or more now. Ummm... assuming I can arrange people as desired for these foursomes (as in MFMF instead of MMMF/FFFM) I'd take Clicky's vote to heart and bring Yop in. She thinks it'd be sorta awesome to throw him and Mage at each other and take turns watching :reapermon:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Did you ever have a crush on an animated character, and if yes then who?

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
So Pyro, how hard is it for you to resist the urge to burn them all? Or do you even try to resist at this point?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Who does have the most pimpin' Belmont strut? :awesome:

Are you a fan of any sports? Better yet, do you play any?

Which of the many Super Saiyan mode hairstyles would you adopt as your own?

What's the first Pokémon you send out in every battle? Or do you tailor each selection to the opponent?

What got you into DnD?

The enemy has taken our intelligence! What do we do? O_o

Top Bottom