• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #2: Ask Keveh Kins anything

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
What is your favourite Fruit?

Bananas, just about the only fruit I like that doesn't give me serious heartburn :awesome: I like red apples, pineapple, and melon too, but near enough all of them give me heartburn. I like oranges, but to my stomach they are roughly equivalent to eating a vat of battery acid =/

Sprites said:
What is your Favourite vegetable?

Carrots and peas. I'm not a big veggie eater, which is probably why I'm always sick :monster:

Generally though I'll eat just about any vegetable if its put in front of me, 'cept for sprouts and beetroot, abominations of nature ¬_¬

Sprites said:
Favourite Biscuit?

Mhmmm...biccits...
tumblr_muiq55QvVn1s1clzao1_400.gif

I like Custard Creams, Rich Teas, Digestives, and of course, the tastebud orgasm that is Shortbread. There's nary a thing as cosy as a cuppa tea with some shortbread on a winter's night.

Sprites said:
What's your favourite non-alcoholic drink and favourite alcoholic drink?

Coke would probably be my favourite soft drink, followed by Irn Bru or Lucozade.

Small miracle I'm not diabetic...yet..

Guinness is my preferred alcoholic beverage, like the big feckin' culchie stereotype that I am ¬_¬ I also really like Weihenstephaner Weissbier, but have never managed to find it anywhere outside of Letterfrack.

Sprites said:
Favourite Comedy show?

Used to really love Scrubs and Frasier. The Simpsons is one of those shows I watch when it's on and enjoy, same with South Park.

At the moment I'm watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and it is absolutely hilarious. DAYMAN! AHHAHHAHHHHHH!

Oh! Father Ted and Black Books too, don't know how many times I've seen every episode of both but they still make me laugh.

Sprites said:
If you could live in any past decade, what decade would it be and why?[/QUOTE

My inner hippy is screaming, roaring, heaving with the desire to say the 60's. He's also screaming that we could go back and punch John Lennon in the face.

I think I would've liked the 80's, as a decade it suits my love of cheesy rock and metal, horrible fashion and penchant for long, unkempt hair that resembles a dog, in the case of the 80's, the poodle was the canine of choice :monster:

Other than that, I'd go super extreme and go way back to the days when Ireland was home to warriors, poets, warrior-poets, druids, storytellers and houses made of wattle and daub :monster: I find that period of Irish history around the Bronze and Iron Ages really interesting and it'd be amazing to go back and experience it, build up a reputation for myself as an almighty powerful warrior with my uber advanced metal maintenance technology (Read: Tins of WD40) and then be killed with painful ease in battle ala Sir Daniel Fortesque in MediEvil.

Sprites said:
What was the best Christmas Present you ever received as a child, when Santa was still real to you?

I was given a Batmobile toy when I was a toddler and I continued to play with it constantly for years afterwards, before eventually my wee brother nicked it for his own purposes. It was the best feckin' toy in the world to me because if you pressed a little button at the side, it would fire a toy missile out of the front bumper. The missile went all of two feet, o' course but it was the best feature of any toy ever to me. I also spent a lot of time as a toddler chewing on that missile, to my mother's chagrin.

I also got one of those action figure wrestling rings and it came with a figure of my favourite wrestler, and similar to the Batmobile I played with it for years and got a childhood's worth of entertainment out of it. I still watch wrestling from time to time and enjoy it, it's like watching modern day Melodrama plays, right down to the deus ex machina style endings to most every wrestling match :monster:

Sprites said:
If you were stuck on a desert Island what 5 things would you have with you?

One of my swords for hunting purposes. My fez so that, on the off chance someone else stumbled upon me sitting on a rock atop a waterfall, they'd think me some sort of wise shaman. Tea bags, because one can never have enough tea. A knife, to skin animals for food, and if absolutely necessary, clothing. A YoYo, so that I could spend inordinate amounts of time practising with it. Then, if e'er I get off the desert Island, I can have a successful career as one of those street performing YoYo aficionados.

Unless the string broke...then I'd just be fucked.

Sprites said:
Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

This is something I genuinely have no idea about. I've never had any sort of long-term plans and prefer to just go with the flow. So long as I have enough to live on I'd imagine I'll be pretty happy. I'm not a fussy person when it comes to my lifestyle and so long as I have a roof over my head and enough to get by I'm content.

Cabaret

Donator
If you had a theme song, what would it be?

On reflection, what have you learned from this week about yourself?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
If you had a theme song, what would it be?

We are Thieves! from FFIX

Or, if I had to pick a song by a band/singer, probably Outshined by Soundgarden

There's always my classic White n' Nerdy by Weird Al too :monster:

Cab said:
On reflection, what have you learned from this week about yourself?

That it's okay to occasionally take myself a bit more seriously than I normally do. I'm always wary of putting too much stock in myself or things that affect me, I'm not the first to have problems or issues or talents or what have you, and I sure as shit won't be the last, but it was nice in its own way to not just dismiss myself offhand.

It was a strange thing for me to write out how I felt about things like my depression or the Troubles and not try to make light of things like that. Humour's always been a wee bit of a coping or defence mechanism for me, and also I just really think one needs to be able to laugh at themselves before they can laugh at anything else.

I've had a blast though, thanks for all the questions folks!

If you had to choose between dying at the age of 50 versus dying at the age of 500, which would you choose and why?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
If you had to choose between dying at the age of 50 versus dying at the age of 500, which would you choose and why?

50. 500 is too long a time, too many relationships gained and lost, and too much of life to ever be able to look back upon fondly. While it would be very interesting at age 499 to look at the world as it is then and compare it to what it is currently, 500 years of existence would make me so weary that I probably wouldn't care anymore.

There's a lot of amazing experiences to be had in one lifetime, but there's just as man difficult experiences. I think there's a reason elderly people tend to like peace and quiet, and it's not all to do with physical deterioration. I think they've seen enough of life, its amazing experiences and its hardships, that they want to spend the time they have left in relative relaxation. If I was living to age 500, I'd probably end up spending the last century horribly depressed that I have another 100 years of day to day living to trudge through. 50 years is plenty enough for me in comparison to that.

Plus, I'm enough of an old coot as it is without annoying youngsters with tales of how things were two centuries ago :monster:

"We used to put phones in our pockets...because that was the style at the time...and sometimes we'd put two phones in our pockets...and that was called having a mistress...cause that was the style at the time..."I'm carrying a mistress" ye'd say...wait...no, maybe it was the other thing...but anyway, we used to carry phones in our pockets...cause that was the style at the time..."

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Whatcha up to this weekend?

At the moment, watching my roommate play Skyrim...and die a lot :monster:

Probably going to fire out s'mo job applications, mayhaps write a blog and work on some fanfic. Myself and Shelley are heading up to Donegal on Tuesday, so I have to prepare for that. She'll get to see my aul doll's new home...and not see my lip tighten and feel the mood drop every time my aul boy walks in :awesome:

Much of my weekend will be spent with earphones in, head banging with the little floof of hair I have left.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
50. 500 is too long a time, too many relationships gained and lost, and too much of life to ever be able to look back upon fondly. While it would be very interesting at age 499 to look at the world as it is then and compare it to what it is currently, 500 years of existence would make me so weary that I probably wouldn't care anymore.

There's a lot of amazing experiences to be had in one lifetime, but there's just as man difficult experiences. I think there's a reason elderly people tend to like peace and quiet, and it's not all to do with physical deterioration. I think they've seen enough of life, its amazing experiences and its hardships, that they want to spend the time they have left in relative relaxation. If I was living to age 500, I'd probably end up spending the last century horribly depressed that I have another 100 years of day to day living to trudge through. 50 years is plenty enough for me in comparison to that.

Plus, I'm enough of an old coot as it is without annoying youngsters with tales of how things were two centuries ago :monster:

"We used to put phones in our pockets...because that was the style at the time...and sometimes we'd put two phones in our pockets...and that was called having a mistress...cause that was the style at the time..."I'm carrying a mistress" ye'd say...wait...no, maybe it was the other thing...but anyway, we used to carry phones in our pockets...cause that was the style at the time..."

I want to thank this response a million times.

Top Bottom