• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #20: Ask Interslicery anything

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
In this forum tradition we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=304]Interslicery[/member], who has elected to share the following information:
Hey, I'm Interslicery. Also know as Andrew. I'm 28, single, and live in east coast Canada. I like long walks on the beach, cuddling, and rainy days.

Generally I'm into movies, video games, and.. thats about it off the top of my head really. That takes up about 90% of my time when I'm not at work, which is kindof sad when I think about it. I used to be into a LOT of shit when I was a kid, but moving across the country and being shy isn't a good mixture for a 12 yr old.
I generally play whatever tickles me in the right way, although recently I've been trying to branch out into playing stuff O wouldn't normally for a bit of variety. I recently got a WiiU with Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario 3D World. I wanna pick up Mario Kart, but it was sold out when I got it all, plus Id rather have Smash when it comes out and christmas is coming up, so probly not the best idea to blow all my cash.

I used to travel a fair bit as a kid. Been to Disney World 2 times, been on 2 cruises in the carribean, been to a few places in the states. I used to travel a lot back when I fenced, from across the country to a few places in the states.
I miss fencing, those were great times. I also missed out on enjoying having a 6-pack caused by fencing, since I had zero social life in high school.

Don't really watch too many shows, I tend to loose interest aside from stuff like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad. Though I'll give almost anything a shot. I've also been listing all the movies I see this year, and its a bit weird seeing how big the list is.

Anyway, this is getting kinda long so fuck it. Ask whatever you want, I have no secrets. I'm an open book to any who wish to crack it open.

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
What is your proudest achievement?

What is the worst thing you have ever done? (dun dun dun!)

When was the last time you cried and why?

The same as above but the last time you laughed?

Ghost X

When was the last time a child cried because of something you did, and why?

When was the last time a child laughed because of something you did, and why?

What do you like about long walks on the beach?

What do you like about rainy days?

What sort of shit did you used to get into as a kid? (Cow shit, dog shit, or bird shit? j/k).

What was the best thing about the Caribbean cruises?

What was the worst thing about the Caribbean cruises?

Favourite thing about Disney World?

Worst thing about Disney World?

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
You say you live in the 'east coast of Canada'? What do you mean, if you don't mind explaining? Where did you move from?

Was Hyrule Warriors any good? (thinking of picking it up someday)

Have/had any pets?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Are there any songs you can't listen to anymore? If so why?

Ghost X

Where on a scale of 0-10 are you in regards to the fear of getting rabies? (I live in a rabies-free country, and it is awesome :P).

What countries would you like to visit?

What are your fears about traveling to those countries? (if applicable).

What is your proudest achievement?

What is the worst thing you have ever done? (dun dun dun!)

When was the last time you cried and why?

The same as above but the last time you laughed?

Probably getting that high in the rankings nationally in fencing. It was the open category so no age restrictions. I was fencing against people who've competed at the olympics, which is mind blowing.

Cheated :( Also the biggest thing I'm ashamed of. Considering the circumstances tho, it's something I would do again if I had to go back. It's a really long and complicated story, rather not get into it.

Pffff.... It was about a week ago I think. A really weird dream where my ex was at a movie with her new bf, recognized me, and started screaming that I was a pedophile to the threate. Then her bf came over and slapped me, trying to start a fight. I woke up and I was crying, but I was also kinda annoyed, cause I wanted to know where my brain was going with that dream.

Last time I laughed was this morning, while watching the documentary I Know That Voice. They started interviewing Ed Aser, and he said "Hi, I'm Ed Aser." and pulled out a switchblade. It was so random I had to pause the movie.

When was the last time a child cried because of something you did, and why?

When was the last time a child laughed because of something you did, and why?

What do you like about long walks on the beach?

What do you like about rainy days?

What sort of shit did you used to get into as a kid? (Cow shit, dog shit, or bird shit? j/k).

What was the best thing about the Caribbean cruises?

What was the worst thing about the Caribbean cruises?

Favourite thing about Disney World?

Worst thing about Disney World?

Probably when I was a kid myself. The only real interaction I've had with kids has been my niece, and she fucking loves me. Suck it other kids!

This sunday my sis invited me and my parents over to watch The Santa Claus Parade (annual parade in Toronto going for over 100 years now) and my niece Amelia giggled up at me cause I made a silly face. She was also hyper as fuck cause of a cookie tho, so I cant take all the credit.

Mainly put that in as a joke (yuk yuk!), but I really like the sound of the waves. Water is so calming to me, whether it be waves, rain, whatever. The ocean fucking terrifies me tho.

I was actually a really good kid. My mom tells a story when the carpet cleaners came and she asked me to play somewhere else so the guy could work, and he was dumbfounded when I packed up my dinos and went somewhere else without complaint.
I guess I skipped class once to cook hot dogs in a fire in the forest next to the school. No one really cared tho lol

Best thing, was probably this kick ass waiter we had. Each table had its own waiter and this guy was fucking on top of his shit. He was hilarious, charming, and me and my cousin got into a competition of who could drink our glasses of choc milk the fastest, because he would be there literally seconds before we finished with another glass. He was insane.

Worst part was getting a full body sunburn cause I was in a pissy mood and wouldnt put on sun tan lotion while on the beach in mexico. Not recommended kids. Having to take a shower every half hour or so to keep your skin hydrated and almost passing out from simply standing isn't exactly a blast. You're gonna have a bad time.

Best thing about Disney was going on the 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea ride. It's a shame they shut it down, I loved that movie, and the ride.

Worst was getting my picture taken with the mascots. They fucking scared me. Still unnerve me now, I just don't trust them or something. *shudder*

You say you live in the 'east coast of Canada'? What do you mean, if you don't mind explaining? Where did you move from?

Was Hyrule Warriors any good? (thinking of picking it up someday)

Have/had any pets?

Started off as a babe in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Moved to Sudbury, Ontario when I was 11, and over to Fredericton, New Brunswick when I was 13. Stalk me, I dare you. You'll die of boredom. Man I miss the smell of salt water. You could smell it all the time in Halifax, but not here. Too far inland :(

It's not bad. It's Dynasty Warriors, but since I haven't played any of those games, I can't really compare. I will say I'm not really a fan of the Zelda series, so it must be doing something right outside of the whole fanservice factor.

Currently I have 2 cats. Tiggy, and Asha. I've always had cats tho, they're cuddly, loving (sometimes), and aren't as gruff and in your face as dogs are. Plus I was chased by a dog like every day for a year when I was a kid, so I'm a bit nervous around them.

Are there any songs you can't listen to anymore? If so why?

Small Town Girl by Journey. I cant stand it anymore. It's not that good people! Every time it comes on I groan and try to block it out. It feels like one of those things that becomes popular because it's the popular thing to do, regardless of what it actually is, if that makes any sense.

Where on a scale of 0-10 are you in regards to the fear of getting rabies? (I live in a rabies-free country, and it is awesome :P).

What countries would you like to visit?

What are your fears about traveling to those countries? (if applicable).

0. While I do live in canada, and my apartment's next to the woods, I don't think I've even seen a rat in person. I have extremely little contact with animals outside of my kitties.

I'm not a big fan of traveling. Mostly because my social anxieties (self diagnosed) keep me scared of breaking unspoken social rules in my own society. I can't imagine how terrified Id be if I was in a completely different country.
Monuments and whatnot don't really hold much appeal to me, or actually being in a place to see something rather than seeing a video or picture of it. Yeah there's come fantastic structures and environments in the world, but I don't really have much desire to go out and see them in person.

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Favourite non-FF game?

Favourite non-FF world to live in?

Early to bed, or late sleeper?

You're convicted of a crime you didn't commit and sentenced to death, what are your last words, last person you ask to see, and last meal?

Is there anything you've always dreamed of doing, but, realistically, can't actually see yourself achieving? If so, why?

Favourite non-FF game?

Favourite non-FF world to live in?

Early to bed, or late sleeper?

You're convicted of a crime you didn't commit and sentenced to death, what are your last words, last person you ask to see, and last meal?

Is there anything you've always dreamed of doing, but, realistically, can't actually see yourself achieving? If so, why?

I'm thinking probably either Resident Evil 4, or Team Fortress 2, but I've been kind burnt out on TF2 lately. I enjoyed Assassins Creed 4 a lot more than I expected too. Fuck it, it's Super Mario World. I can go back and play that for hours at any time. I just slide into it.

I'm guessing we're still talking game worlds? I'm gonna go with Brutal Legend. T'would we a harsh life, but blasting across a hellish landscape in a souped up roadster blasting Kickstart My Heart sounds too great to pass up.

Neither. Late to bed and early awake because I stayed up too late fucking around and now I'll be exhausted the rest of the day.

My last words would probably be something like "I'm innocent", if I decided to say something at all. I'd more likely just stare blankly at whoever was watching me.
I'd want to see my mom, get a bit of childish comfort I'd be too embarrassed to ask for if I wasn't about to die.
For a last meal I'd want a massive bowl of poutine, fresh baked rolls with butter, a juicy chicken burger smothered in mozza, with a little bit of meatloaf, a certain kind of square my mom used to bake that was so rich I'd get sick after eating only one, but my god Id gorge myself on those fucking things.

Outside of literally impossible stuff like getting super powers n' shit, probably making a game or writing a novel. For a game I'd have to learn coding and and I've tried before, it just blew over my head. Too stupid I guess :P Writing a novel? I just don't have the patience to stick with it as long as it would take to finish. I'd constantly be going over everything thinking it wasn't good enough too.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
What do you most can't the least?

If you were a sea creature, what would you be and why? Fictional/mythological accepted!

Are you an autobot or a decepticon?

If you had to describe yourself as a color, what would you say?

Favorite flavor of ice cream? (prepare to be judged)

Favorite superhero? Supervillain?

Do you believe in Space Jesus?

What are your thoughts on transhumanism? Cloning?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Tell us your favourite song, album, film, musical artist, book, food and drink and explain why they all hold so much appeal.

What do you do for Xmas and new year's?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
I'm guessing we're still talking game worlds? I'm gonna go with Brutal Legend.

Well, any world really, books or movies too. Still Brutal Legend?

For a last meal I'd want a massive bowl of poutine, fresh baked rolls with butter, a juicy chicken burger smothered in mozza, with a little bit of meatloaf, a certain kind of square my mom used to bake that was so rich I'd get sick after eating only one, but my god Id gorge myself on those fucking things.

Okay that sounds delicious, except that I have no idea what the hell poutine is. I see the internet occasionally making a fuss over it, but I'm too lazy to Google it, so, next question, what is it?

Also: so if you were to make a game, what kind would it be?

And the same for writing a novel?

On a scale of 0-10, how lazy would you say you are?

What books/games/movies have ever inspired you to take on a new hobby, if any, and what was the hobby?

What do you most can't the least?

If you were a sea creature, what would you be and why? Fictional/mythological accepted!

Are you an autobot or a decepticon?

If you had to describe yourself as a color, what would you say?

Favorite flavor of ice cream? (prepare to be judged)

Favorite superhero? Supervillain?

Do you believe in Space Jesus?

What are your thoughts on transhumanism? Cloning?

I would say I do not bad a job on always a good.

kraken%20wallpaper-ypqD-1024x576.jpg

Maximal, because Beast Wars is better than Transformers. *flees*

I would say I'm grey. It's what I wear most of the time, and it's a mysterious color. Whats it thinking? You don't know. Could it be good, bad, a combination of both? No one knows for sure.

Chunky Monkey. You cannot judge me. My flavor has monkey in the title.

Fav superhero would be Spider-Man, easy. I love his character, powers, villains. I'll give a shout out to the Hulk, because I love the concept behind him, but in practice I haven't found much of what they've done with him that interesting.
Supervillain if the Joker. He's just so fucking insane and he loves it. It have a soft spot for villains who love being evil, partly why Freddy Kruger is my favorite slasher. They just look like they're having so much fun. :D

Raptor Jesus is my own true Lord and Savior.

I feel like it's an inevitable part of how the human race will evolve. We've hit a wall with physical evolution, so obviously our intellect and technology will carry that on, and has been. We already have people that have taken that first step with augmenting their bodies, and I see no reason why with time it'll get more and more prevalent.
Cloning I feel is fine, as long as it's strictly regulated and the intentions are pure. I'm not sure if it should actually be legal though, as the amount of problems that sort of thing would create in the world would most likely outweigh the benefits. Cloning things like organs and whatnot for transplants I have no problem with tho.

Gargoyles or 90's Spider-Man (not Unlimited)?

Gargoyles 100%. I love the 90's Spider-Man, but that's looking at it through a heavy nostalgia lens. Gargoyles holds up completely though. I still go back and rewatch it semi-regularly.
Fuck Unlimited. Just.. uggghh... uggggg.....

Tell us your favourite song, album, film, musical artist, book, food and drink and explain why they all hold so much appeal.

What do you do for Xmas and new year's?

Song: Propane Nightmares by Pendulum. There's an instrumental section near the end that just.. it hits me in every way. I'm not sure why, I just know I've listened to that section maybe 4x more than the actual song itself. Hell, I've mentally come up with original tv intros and fight scenes in my mind that go to that music.
Album: I really don't listen to albums that much. It's a rare group that I'll enjoy the majority of their songs. I mostly go for a couple that hit me in the right way. If I had to choose though, I'd go for Jazz by Queen.
Film: This is a loooaded fucking question. I'll just list a few of my top ones, in no real order. Little Mermaid, District 9, Collateral, and About Time.
Book: 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. I read it multiple times as a kid, and it always fascinated me. The undersea world is like an entirely different planet.
Food: Poutine. Period. Heart attack in a bowl. It's weird cause the first time I ate it I couldn't finish it, I found it so disgusting. Then about 4 months later I got a massive craving for it and loved it ever since.
Drink: Simple, ordinary, chocolate milk. It's delicious, cool, and soothes my throat with chocolately goodness.

For Christmas I head over to my parents to stay the night since I dont have a family of my own. We watch whatever Christmas movie's on tv at the time while eating Christmas baking, and do the presents in the morning. The rest of the day we do whatever we feel like, no real set tradition.
For New Years we all get together for a ham dinner. Other than that there's a chance I might have plans to go to a "party" depending on the year, but if not I'll just go home and do what I always do, if it was new years or not.

Well, any world really, books or movies too. Still Brutal Legend?

The only thing else that's really coming to mind is Naruto, as corny as that sounds. Any world where extraordinary powers are attainable by normal people.

Okay that sounds delicious, except that I have no idea what the hell poutine is. I see the internet occasionally making a fuss over it, but I'm too lazy to Google it, so, next question, what is it?

Also: so if you were to make a game, what kind would it be?

And the same for writing a novel?

On a scale of 0-10, how lazy would you say you are?

What books/games/movies have ever inspired you to take on a new hobby, if any, and what was the hobby?
Poutine is diarrhea of the gods. Fries, gravy, and cheese curds. It sounds gross, but every person I've seen eat it who was skeptical, has loved it.
poutine-1-web.jpg

I've had 2 ideas in mind over the years. One an open world game set in a modern/near future city where you play a ninja. the main reason this sounds awesome to me is traversing around the city with crazy ninja powers. Think something like Shinobi for the ps2, a not as dull parkour element from Assassins Creed, and crazy ninja powers.
The other is a more recent idea, an evolved form of Joe and Mac from the snes. With an element of collecting meat to rebuild your town and gain upgrades, but if you die you loose all Meat you're carrying, but you can choose to consume half of it to power yourself up into an uber caveman for the rest of the level. I just miss the whole "savage land" aspect of prehistoric times, where everything was 10x larger and more monstrous than it really was.

if I were to write a book it'd probably be a semi-autobiographical futuristic something or other. Or set in feudal japan, I'm not entirely sure. It would come to me as I started writing.

8. I'll do something if it needs to be done, but overall I'll put shit off until I absolutely have to.

I'd say all the sword fights I've ever seen in movies pushed me to go into Fencing. I'd also like to try archery at some point, but I don't think there's a club around here I could wet my beak.
I prefer combat in its basest forms. Simple or no tools, relying more on skill than who has the better tech. Mainly why I find a lot of gunfights average unless it's something like gun kata from Equilibrium.

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I would say I do not bad a job on always a good.

Chunky Monkey. You cannot judge me. My flavor has monkey in the title.

Fav superhero would be Spider-Man, easy. I love his character, powers, villains. I'll give a shout out to the Hulk, because I love the concept behind him, but in practice I haven't found much of what they've done with him that interesting.
Supervillain if the Joker. He's just so fucking insane and he loves it. It have a soft spot for villains who love being evil, partly why Freddy Kruger is my favorite slasher. They just look like they're having so much fun. :D

Raptor Jesus is my own true Lord and Savior.

I feel like it's an inevitable part of how the human race will evolve. We've hit a wall with physical evolution, so obviously our intellect and technology will carry that on, and has been. We already have people that have taken that first step with augmenting their bodies, and I see no reason why with time it'll get more and more prevalent.
Cloning I feel is fine, as long as it's strictly regulated and the intentions are pure. I'm not sure if it should actually be legal though, as the amount of problems that sort of thing would create in the world would most likely outweigh the benefits. Cloning things like organs and whatnot for transplants I have no problem with tho.
I love it when people get references :P With that in mind, do you have a favorite member of the band?

The qun finds your choice of iced creams...acceptable.

OMG I LOVE SPIDER-MAN TOO :D Do you have a preference amongst the different versions, i.e. regular, black costume, Ben Reilly, "superior" (snort), Miles, etc?

Yes, but what about SPACE Jesus? You might know them as Shepard :P

Points for use of the word "augmenting" :P When you say the problems of cloning would likely outweigh the benefits, what problems are you referring to?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Props for Propane Nightmares, I'm a casual fan of Pendulum myself.

If beaver is the answer, then what is the question?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Fav superhero would be Spider-Man, easy. I love his character, powers, villains.

What are your thoughts on Spider-Verse so far?

Gargoyles 100%. I love the 90's Spider-Man, but that's looking at it through a heavy nostalgia lens. Gargoyles holds up completely though. I still go back and rewatch it semi-regularly.

Did you ever watch Goliath Chronicles? I attempted to but it was rather meh...

Fuck Unlimited. Just.. uggghh... uggggg.....

It's okay,
Morlun's brother ate Unlimited Spider-Man in ASM #7. :monster:

I love it when people get references :P With that in mind, do you have a favorite member of the band?

The qun finds your choice of iced creams...acceptable.

OMG I LOVE SPIDER-MAN TOO :D Do you have a preference amongst the different versions, i.e. regular, black costume, Ben Reilly, "superior" (snort), Miles, etc?

Yes, but what about SPACE Jesus? You might know them as Shepard :P

Points for use of the word "augmenting" :P When you say the problems of cloning would likely outweigh the benefits, what problems are you referring to?

Skwisgaar Skwigelf. Is food library!

Mr. Big is pleased. :slimey:

Original, tho black suit has its own joys and wonders. I got a thing for when characters give in to their rage and loose all their restraint.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...... Derp. Meh lol I only really enjoyed the second one, never finished the other 2. Fem Shep is by far the better character tho, even though it mainly comes down to the fact the male voice actor sucks balls.

I may be coming to this from more of a sci-fi point of view, since I honestly haven't put a whole lot of thought to this in my life, but I see it as kindof a hyper extreme version of abortion, in how the general public will take it. People will be split and groups will form, people will probably get violent, etc. Plus I'm not entirely sure what real use cloning a full person would be outside of nefarious deeds.

Props for Propane Nightmares, I'm a casual fan of Pendulum myself.

If beaver is the answer, then what is the question?

The other song by them I really love is The Tempest.

What is love?

Favorite episode of Gargoyles and why

Deadly Force, where Broadway accidently shoot Eliza, then goes on a rage/guilt vendetta against people with guns. It's one of the more impactful and well done "psa" episodes of a kids series. Plus that shot of Eliza lying in a pool of her own blood is really effective at getting the point across.
Sfdebris-GargoylesDeadlyForceReview349.png

What are your thoughts on Spider-Verse so far?

Did you ever watch Goliath Chronicles? I attempted to but it was rather meh...

It's okay,
Morlun's brother ate Unlimited Spider-Man in ASM #7. :monster:

I honestly haven't kept up with it that much. I never really got into comics that much even though I love super heroes and whatnot. The medium itself just never did much for me. I've mainly been keeping up with whats going on through podcasts, but a lot of the comic ones I listen to have been dropping off.
I like the idea of it tho. I should probably pick it up at some point and check it out, but I get really distracted when reading comics. I like the design of Spider-Gwen tho!

Yeeahh... those were some odd episodes. Goliath goes to court. Broadway gets a cooking show. The original people lest, and it showed. You knew right from the beginning that it was gonna be pretty shit when that horrible intro came up.

344f148238488166e812cae596a2217438e87396929acf3ec0df24ebcc6262dc.jpg

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I lulled when Gargoyles went to Disney Channel and they completely hacked that scene from the episode, so if you were watching for the first time you had no idea what they were talking about.

Censoring ironically taking away what the writers were trying to prevent.

My favorite episode would be a toss-up between Eye of the Beholder, Future Tense, and Shadows of the Past--but probably SotP. Also, Elisa still remains mai waifu. :monster: Best foil character.

Cabaret

Donator
Am I right in thinking you had the same avatar & sig in ACF? Wai-so?

Do you identify with being Canadian? (asked cos you mentioned social anxieties in your land nvrmind someone else's)

What's your opinion on facial hair?

What aspects of your life/personality would be included in the semi-autobiographical book?

Do you talk to your cats? (what about?)

Top Bottom