• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #23: Ask Abortedj anything

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
In this forum tradition we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=6249]Abortedj[/member], who has elected to share the following information:
Hi all, my name is John. I live in southern California.

Work: I am currently unemployed. In the past I have been a heavyweight boxer, a bouncer at a brothel, a dept collector, a retail manager. I also write blog, and do standup, neither does much to pay the bills (ad clicks are not a great source of income)

Religion: I was born a Jew, I am not currently practicing. I am currently an atheist.

Politics: This is difficult as I don't really fall into the standard groups. I guess you could say Libertarian, but that is not all that close. I don't think of a government as a "good", but rather as a "necessary evil".

Sexuality: I am heterosexual man. My taste in women is very broad. My only "deal breaker" is bad teeth, more a hygiene thing than an appearance thing.

Misc: Green eyes. Have full beard. Balding. White. 6'1". Huge hands. Looks like combination of Shrek and Brock Samson

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Will there ever be a rainbow?

What brought you to TLS?

When was the last time you cried and why?

Desert Island stuff:

5 games

5 books

5 music albums

(assume the island has electricity and all the consoles and shit)

What would your last meal be if you were going to be excecuted?

If the employment situation didn't suck ass, what would be your perfect job/business?

Have you always been into the gym/fitness? Or was there a time you didn't bother? If so what started it?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Favourite non-FF game?

Favourite non-FF world to live in?

Early to bed, or late sleeper?

You're convicted of a crime you didn't commit and sentenced to death, what are your last words, last person you ask to see, and last meal? Just saw Octo also asked that, so only the other two.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Square Alliance

Will there ever be a rainbow?

What brought you to TLS?

When was the last time you cried and why?

Desert Island stuff:

5 games

5 books

5 music albums

(assume the island has electricity and all the consoles and shit)

What would your last meal be if you were going to be excecuted?

If the employment situation didn't suck ass, what would be your perfect job/business?

Have you always been into the gym/fitness? Or was there a time you didn't bother? If so what started it?

No.

Phantomsephiroth invited me here after the Square Alliance forum closed.

I last cried when my good friend Chuck died. Earlier this year.

5 games. Minecraft, Master of Orion, Civ 4, Bully, Dark Souls

5 books. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Wiseguy, Job a comedy of Justice, Foundation Trilogy, Watchmen

Hard call. Either sushi, or a very rare steak, depending on my mode at the time.

I would prefer a job behind a desk.

Always been someone into working out, but never had much interest in sports or anything (till I realized one could get paid for a fight)

Favourite non-FF game?

Favourite non-FF world to live in?

Early to bed, or late sleeper?

You're convicted of a crime you didn't commit and sentenced to death, what are your last words, last person you ask to see, and last meal? Just saw Octo also asked that, so only the other two.

This is a very hard question, as there are so many kinds of games. Gun to my head, I would probly say Earthbound.

I would live in Paper Mario's world.

Insomniac.

"Fuck you". A hooker, might as well go out with a bang.
Favourite nut and/or legume?

Favourite herb and spice?

Pecan.

Saffron.

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
I would prefer a job behind a desk.

Any specific company/business you have interest in?

This is a very hard question, as there are so many kinds of games. Gun to my head, I would probly say Earthbound.

I would live in Paper Mario's world.

Why these two? Particularly the second question, what attracts you to that world above all others?

Ever had pecan pie? Thoughts on it?

Do you have any dreams you have given up on for good reasons? (E.g. it's totally impossible or would have required some talent you simply do not possess)

Any new dreams/goals that you never thought you'd aim for as a kid but have since come to realise you want?

How do you feel about run-on sentences seeing as how they have no punctuation and all but sometimes seem like the only way to get certain things said without losing meaning along the way?

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Any specific company/business you have interest in?

Why these two? Particularly the second question, what attracts you to that world above all others?

Ever had pecan pie? Thoughts on it?

Do you have any dreams you have given up on for good reasons? (E.g. it's totally impossible or would have required some talent you simply do not possess)

Any new dreams/goals that you never thought you'd aim for as a kid but have since come to realise you want?

How do you feel about run-on sentences seeing as how they have no punctuation and all but sometimes seem like the only way to get certain things said without losing meaning along the way?

Honestly, I have never much cared where the paycheck comes from. Really hate that question during interviews "why do you want to work here?", the reality is "you were hiring, and within range", but you can't say that.

Earthbound is just beautiful, might be the earliest game I would call "art". As to the second, I think being 2d being within a 3d world would be interesting.

I like pecan pie, though it is not my favorite pie. Like most bake goods, best fresh and warm.

Used to dream of being a musician. I am tone deaf and have no rhythm.

Many. You can't know you want something till you know it exists. Also tastes change. The only real dream I have anymore is an extreme long shot, which would be winning the lottery. Rarely play either, making even more unlikely.

Cabaret

Donator
What is great about living in Southern California?

When you are feeling happy what do you do?

What's your favourite thing about TLS? I mean what keeps you coming back?

What do you like to do on a day for you when you relax n have fun?

What do you hope to achieve in the next few years?

What qualities of yourself shines through when you meet people?

What qualities do you look for when you meet people?

Do you have any interest in world politics/world current affairs? Which parts of the world catch your interest?

What do you regularly try to improve about yourself?

How much time a day/week do you spend on gaming?

What kind of games do you like & what's the appeal for you?

What information about yourself do you want to share?

Ghost X

How did you go with your heavyweight boxing? Were you happy with amateur club fights, or did you go further, etc.

In general, brothels have a seedy reputation, as well as one for attracting the "wrong" type of crowd (eg: organised crime, etc). Do you think this is an accurate assessment of where you worked? Was there ever a situation where you felt your life was in danger? On the other hand, do you have any amusing experiences in relation to this job?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
What appealed to you about Final Fantasy 7?

If you could choose to wield any weapon from any video game, what would it be and why?

On the other hand, which game weapon would be a while bollocks to be saddled with?

Why the name AbortedJesus?

Do you ever get writer's block when writing your blogs? If so, how do you combat it?

What gaming console, in your view, deserved more success than it got?

Where in the world would you most like to visit?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Favourite Steve Buscemi film and/or role?

Cabaret

Donator
Who would you like to go out drinking with on this forum?
Where would you go?
What would you talk about?
Would others be invited to join you?
What mischief would you get up to?
Would you bring your RL friends along? (Who & why?)
Would you do it again?

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
What is great about living in Southern California?

When you are feeling happy what do you do?

What's your favourite thing about TLS? I mean what keeps you coming back?

What do you like to do on a day for you when you relax n have fun?

What do you hope to achieve in the next few years?

What qualities of yourself shines through when you meet people?

What qualities do you look for when you meet people?

Do you have any interest in world politics/world current affairs? Which parts of the world catch your interest?

What do you regularly try to improve about yourself?

How much time a day/week do you spend on gaming?

What kind of games do you like & what's the appeal for you?

What information about yourself do you want to share?

Well there is only one season.

Usually enjoy some post-sex cuddling.

I don't think I can honestly answer that without being banned. Rather, I cannot give a complete answer. I will say the few poster on here like yourself are nice to interact with.

Tempting to give an "x-rated" answer to this. Other than that, movies, books, video games, and podcasts.

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women"

People are generally hesitant to interact with me in person.

Intelligence. And a lack of naivety.

It seems that American politics has only too groups. Both are completely, and embarrassingly full of shit. Now issues I have interest in: keeping abortion legal (and easy to get), let the gays get married, legalize anything that would bring in more money (gambling, prostitution, varied recreational chemicals).

I wish that my face didn't give away my thoughts. No idea what to do about that, but I would like to find away to improve that about myself.

Well (because I am unemployed) I would guess close to 5 hours a day.

This is a hard one. I generally like RPGs (both J and C). I like taking part in a story and effecting the world around my character (Fallout, Elder Scrolls). I also like games that have a lot of little things to find and with a bit of ambiguity (Dark Souls, Bioshock). I also love 4x games, as they are different with each play through (Civilization, Master of Orion).

I always do what I think is right. Laws, feelings, popular opinion, don't enter in to it.

How did you go with your heavyweight boxing? Were you happy with amateur club fights, or did you go further, etc.

In general, brothels have a seedy reputation, as well as one for attracting the "wrong" type of crowd (eg: organised crime, etc). Do you think this is an accurate assessment of where you worked? Was there ever a situation where you felt your life was in danger? On the other hand, do you have any amusing experiences in relation to this job?

39 and 1, 23 by knockout. The one loss ended up being my last fight, but I didn't plan it that way. Promoter got arrested, and some personal stuff happened, and that was the end to my time in the ring.

Well in parts of Nevada prostitution is legal. So no criminal element was involved with the management of the place. Men of all kinds come around. I did notice something interesting, the more "white collar" a guy was the more trouble he would tend to cause. Construction worker, retail guys, etc, never caused a problem. Executives, bankers and the like, were a different story. Never felt in any real danger, was a nice enough place for that not to be an issue. One thing always amused me, the number of guy that thought the girls really liked them. Sure, one or two might of been right, but the majority were either very stupid, or very willing to lie to themselves.

If you had to have sex with a man, what qualities would he have and why?

Well I have never been with another man. It is not homophobia, I have just never found another man that inspired those feelings. I am assuming I would be a "top" in the situation. Guess it would be the same traits I value in a woman, kindness, intelligence, etc.

What appealed to you about Final Fantasy 7?

If you could choose to wield any weapon from any video game, what would it be and why?

On the other hand, which game weapon would be a while bollocks to be saddled with?

Why the name AbortedJesus?

Do you ever get writer's block when writing your blogs? If so, how do you combat it?

What gaming console, in your view, deserved more success than it got?

Where in the world would you most like to visit?

Before it was released I was impressed by how different it looked. Also by how the setting seemed to be leaving medieval fantasy behind, at the time that was a novelty.

The R grade cyber-rig from System Shock 2. Versatility is always welcome, like a full body swiss army knife.

The Buster Sword. Completely impractical, too large, too heavy. Admittedly, many RPG weapons could be interchanged here.

It was a thought that came to me one day that made me laugh. "What if someone aborted Jesus?" Wrote a skit about it. It involved a guy with a time machine, he grabs Mary, gets her an abortion. Then he is into her, an they are living in the present time, and she gets knocked up (again), but won't get a second abortion, so he drop her ass back in the past again. Just giving you the broad strokes here.

Constantly. I try to find something that give me some kind of reaction. Like a piece of news, or something ridiculous from pop culture. That is what lead me to this weeks blog, thinking of disgusting food I seem commercials for.

Quite a few. Most recently the Gamecube and the PSP. Both were fine systems with a lot to offer that just got overshadowed by the competition. The Saturn too, but that was Sega's own doing.

I would like to visit Italy, mostly for the food.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Favourite Steve Buscemi film and/or role?

Lot of good ones but... Ed and his dead mother.

Your favorite and least favorite things about California.

It is where assholes go to die.

Who would you like to go out drinking with on this forum?
Where would you go?
What would you talk about?
Would others be invited to join you?
What mischief would you get up to?
Would you bring your RL friends along? (Who & why?)
Would you do it again?

Yes, there a few people here I would share a drink with.

Bars are good.

Depends on the person.

Maybe.

Well if the evening was going well...

Not to the first outing.

If it went well. If it didn't would try with another person.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I don't think I can honestly answer that without being banned. Rather, I cannot give a complete answer. I will say the few poster on here like yourself are nice to interact with.

If there are so few posters here that you enjoy interacting with, why keep coming back? Are you a masochist? :wacky:

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
If there are so few posters here that you enjoy interacting with, why keep coming back? Are you a masochist? :wacky:

No. There is one poster here that I dislike, but there posting is like a train wreck, and I just can't look away. Not naming any names.

Ghost X

If you had children (a boy and a girl) and were given the choice to name them, what would you name them?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Who do you love more than anyone else in the world. Choose a human being, and it can't be yourself. :D
Why do you love that person?

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
If you had children (a boy and a girl) and were given the choice to name them, what would you name them?

Boy = Alister. Girl = Sarah

Who do you love more than anyone else in the world. Choose a human being, and it can't be yourself. :D
Why do you love that person?

My closest friend. I that is both the person and the "why".

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Do you ever miss boxing?

Do you currently play any sports? Alternatively, any sports you follow/enjoy watching?

In a pub, what's your drink of choice?

You were born into a Jewish faith, what steered you away from it, if anything?

Are there any Jewish traditions or cultural idioms you still follow or make use of?

Are you a frequent novel reader? Any favourite authors or books that hold some significance to you?

The worst game you've ever played and why?

Top Bottom