• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #24: Ask The Twilight Mexican anything

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
In this forum tradition we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=800]The Twilight Mexican[/member], who has elected to share the following information:
TozRLOF.jpg

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
What, in your opinion, is the meaning of life?

What are your favorite foods? How often do you eat out vs eating at home?

What article of clothing do you wear the most often?

Is there anything that you often wonder about. E.g. "how is that old friend doing" or "what if I'd done things differently"?

Do you dream and if so, do you ever find that you dream about the same thing on a frequent basis?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
How do you feel about being a big cheese in the fandoms of FFVII and FFVIII?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Favourite non-FF game?

Favourite non-FF world to live in?

Early to bed, or late sleeper?

You're convicted of a crime you didn't commit and sentenced to death, what are your last words, last person you ask to see, and last meal? Just saw Octo also asked that, so only the other two.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
What, in your opinion, is the meaning of life?
To love and be loved (not just romantically).

R said:
What are your favorite foods? How often do you eat out vs eating at home?
Pizza, poutine, steak, kosher dill pickles, fried chicken and buffalo wings (yes, they are two different things).

Here lately, I've done a good bit of both (if counting other people's homes as eating out), but mostly I eat at home. I do thoroughly enjoy going out somewhere, though. We probably go once every couple of weeks.

R said:
What article of clothing do you wear the most often?
If not counting my shoes, then it would be a forest green fleece jacket we were given at my factory last January for going a whole year accident free (there was a dinner and raffle prizes too). We were asked what color and size we wanted our jackets to be, so each was more or less personalized.

R said:
Is there anything that you often wonder about. E.g. "how is that old friend doing" or "what if I'd done things differently"?
I used to wonder that second one rather constantly. I do a good bit of that first one even now, though.

I think I generally wonder about all kinds of stuff rather constantly. I'm always Googling shit and looking at stuff on Wikipedia. In the past couple of days, my Google and Wikipedia history apparently include different types of spiders, mammals that lay eggs, Otherkin, Splatter films, the raccoon dog, Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon), John Joseco, unicorns and Interstate 277.

R said:
Do you dream and if so, do you ever find that you dream about the same thing on a frequent basis?
I do dream, but there's very little pattern that I've noticed.
How do you feel about being a big cheese in the fandoms of FFVII and FFVIII?
Eh, I'm not sure I am. I do love cheese, though.
If you had the Infinity Gauntlet, what would you use it for?
To make all the womenz have my babies.

No, I like to think I would establish an empathic connection between all members of our species (not sure if this would be temporary or permanent), heal all current mental and physical ailments, and then wish the Gauntlet away from mine or anyone else's reach to prevent its inevitable misuse (including by me). I think with those things taken care of, we as a species could rise to the occasion to tackle all other problems.
Favourite non-FF game?
Very hard to say. "Shadow of the Colossus" is definitely a strong contender, as are the "inFamous" games.

Darth said:
Favourite non-FF world to live in?
I've become pretty fond of our Earth. I guess I can't count that one because of FF: The Spirits Within, though?

If not, maybe the world of "Avatar: The Last Airbender"?

Darth said:
Early to bed, or late sleeper?
Neither, really, though probably more of a late sleeper. I'd say I generally nod off between 2:00 and 3:00 in the morning, then wake up between 10:00 and 11:00.

Darth said:
You're convicted of a crime you didn't commit and sentenced to death, what are your last words, last person you ask to see, and last meal?
Last words: "You guys are awful at what you do."
Last person: My gf
Last meal: Assuming I can't have all my favorite foods, I'd take some hot wings from a fish camp here in North Carolina called Catfish Cove with a side of authentic Canadian poutine. And a kosher dill pickle.

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
... steak, kosher dill pickles, fried chicken...

Last words: "You guys are awful at what you do."
Last person: My gf
Last meal: Assuming I can't have all my favorite foods, I'd take some hot wings from a fish camp here in North Carolina called Catfish Cove with a side of authentic Canadian poutine. And a kosher dill pickle.

Okay, so, I know a fair bit about various food related stuff, but what the frack is a kosher dill pickle? And, secondary point, why do you love them so much?

Very hard to say. "Shadow of the Colossus" is definitely a strong contender, as are the "inFamous" games.

I have played neither of those. Sell them to me?

I've become pretty fond of our Earth. I guess I can't count that one because of FF: The Spirits Within, though?

HOW DARE YOU MENTION THAT BLIGHT UPON THE FF NAME!!! Well okay, it wasn't horrible. Just excessively meh. In my opinion, anyway, 'tis of course subjective. What's your opinion on it?

If not, maybe the world of "Avatar: The Last Airbender"?

Yeah that would be fun world to live in. If you were a bender, what would you be, assuming you are NOT the Avatar.

If you were not a bender, what role and in what nation do you imagine you could have?

New question: you are to be sent on a journey off the Earth, leaving everyone you know and love behind. You may take one personal item, less than 10kg in weight, and you may leave messages for the people you leave. What do you take, for whom do you leave messages, and what do you say?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Okay, so, I know a fair bit about various food related stuff, but what the frack is a kosher dill pickle? And, secondary point, why do you love them so much?
"Kosher" denotes the presence of garlic. So, a kosher dill has had garlic added. :monster:

And because they're delicious.
Darth said:
I have played neither of those. Sell them to me?
"Shadow of the Colossus": Minimalist storytelling that never feels lacking, and 16 of the most unique boss fights you'll ever encounter.

"inFAMOUS": Read this thread.

Darth said:
HOW DARE YOU MENTION THAT BLIGHT UPON THE FF NAME!!! Well okay, it wasn't horrible. Just excessively meh. In my opinion, anyway, 'tis of course subjective. What's your opinion on it?
I thought it was an excellent exploration of the Lifestream concept with a good story, but also simultaneously a missed opportunity to pull in wider audiences and a misfire to deliver on what established fans expected.

Darth said:
Yeah that would be fun world to live in. If you were a bender, what would you be, assuming you are NOT the Avatar.
Airbender.

Darth said:
If you were not a bender, what role and in what nation do you imagine you could have?
Would probably end up as a random schmuck born and raised in Republic City working some menial job and quietly longing for more peaceful pastures but without wanting to be too far from civilization either. :monster:

Darth said:
New question: you are to be sent on a journey off the Earth, leaving everyone you know and love behind. You may take one personal item, less than 10kg in weight, and you may leave messages for the people you leave. What do you take, for whom do you leave messages, and what do you say?
Item: Photo album with pictures of those I would leave behind.

Message for the son I've never met: "I'm sorry. This wasn't what I wanted, or what you deserved. -Love, The Big Fuckup"
My best friend, Dana: "::soul hug:: I'll think of your balls every time I want chocolate. -Love, Your friend who really, really wanted to hug you without any clothes in the way"
My gf: "Thank you for being my goofy. I couldn't have done better. -Love, One Lucky Sumbitch"
My as yet unborn offspring (with my gf) who is on the way: "Rule these Earthlings well, my child. All the comics are yours, by the way. Sorry about the genetics. -Love, Your Mom's Sperm Donor"
My brother, Craig: "The year is After Colony 195 ... I really want a mobile suit. -See you, space cowboy"

Favourite nut and/or legume?
On their own: pistachios or Brazil nuts
Covered in chocolate: peanuts

Cabaret

Donator
I was the wider audience the spirits within pulled in. I liked the film :monster:

Why are you a big cheese in FF?

Would you change your name back to TresDias again or is that done now & you just know people will call you that?

What's your job? I think I want to say fireman? is dat right? So why> & how did you get into that?

Why do you thank so many posts? Do you read them all or is your thanks shallow & merely a reflex action?

Are you likely to change the status of your son you'e thus far not known? Are you the type of person to grab destiny by the balls & ring a change or two?

Why do you have the reputation of being such a studmuffin? can you / are you willing to share any stories?

You mentioned once about stepping back from FF n this site n stuff and letting younger people take the reins. Is age the only reason or do you have better shit to do? Or are you buying into stereotypes of age?

What do you do when you can't sleep?

Have you travelled outside America? if so tell us an experience that struck you, if not then where would you like to go & what's stopping you?

Are you aware of how charismatically soulful your online presence is? Does it reflect real life you?

What's a fun night out or in for you?

Why do you not join us on Skypical chats?

If you were to organise a convention of sorts, what would it be on, what guest stars would you invite (& to do what) & what cool stuff would you organise for it? (this is a pretty good question, why has it not been asked before!??)

Do you drink tea or coffee or summit else on a regular basis?

Are you comfortable with other dialects & accents of English that are not American? What has helped or hindered this?

What is poutine? Are you eating Russian's premier?!

What bedding do you have? (duvet/sheet/feather filled/ wool/synthetic crap/silk/cotton/patterened/masculine/neutral colours/etc)

Ghost X

If you were a captain of a pirate ship, what would you call your ship?

If you were a captain of a fishing boat, what would you call your boat?

If you were a captain of a space ship, what would you call your space ship?

If you had a horse, what would you name your horse?

If you had a cat, what would you name your cat?

If you had a dog, what would you name your dog?

If you had a personal forum, what would you name your forum?

If you became Pope of the Catholic church, what name would you take up?

If you converted to Islam, what name would you take up?

If you discovered a star, what would you name it?

If you discovered a planet, what would you name it?

What major world-changing event(s) do you think will pretty much definitely happen in the next 100 years?

What food or drink do you think is underrated?

Which is sexier: knees or elbows?

Favourite card game that doesn't involve anyone getting naked or having sex?

Which dead person would you like to see brought back to life in their prime?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
List all the animals (apart from humans) that you have spooned platonically.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I really have no idea what to ask you. I know far too much about you and all I can think of are naughty questions that I already know the answer to. :awesome:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Why do you thank so many posts? Do you read them all or is your thanks shallow & merely a reflex action?
Thanks for your questions. Goodnight, everybody. :monster:

Well, I thank posts for a number of reasons. Maybe I agree with it or like something about it (e.g. a pretty fanart). I might disagree with it, but it could be argued well or present a point of view I'm unfamiliar with. Maybe it's informative or shows some kind of significant effort on someone's part. It may contain a personal admission, for which I feel a measure of respect is due. Maybe it's just funny or contains enthusiasm about something.

I have a lot of reasons for thanking a post, and sometimes I don't like a post at all. :monster: I don't thank them all, even though it seems that way sometimes. Some don't really add anything and I just have a neutral reaction to them.

Cab said:
I was the wider audience the spirits within pulled in. I liked the film :monster:
Well, good. :monster: Glad it worked on some folks after all.

Cab said:
Why are you a big cheese in FF?
I don't think I am anymore. Once maybe. I guess I used to be obsessed with either the games or with discussing them, and I wrote up all these essays and theories, posted them on GameFAQs and RPGamer, and joined a bunch of forums, and I was kind of a killjoy and didn't really bring anything fun or interesting to talking about FF.

But apparently a bunch of people read that shit and some of it worked for them, even though a quarter of my ideas were either left unsupported by canon or proven wrong. :monster:

I don't know what to say about it. I don't really look back at that time fondly. In some ways it was productive, in others decidedly unproductive (i.e. a waste of time). I know I did it in part because I always liked analyzing stuff, in part because I enjoy writing and explaining things, and partly because I did become well recognized in the fandom and I guess I enjoyed that -- whether liked or disliked, and there were plenty of people to feel either way.

It wasn't healthy, though, and I eventually did respond to that in the way I needed to and stepped away from the fandom for like three years. In the interim, I studied Japanese, and when I came back, I was better equipped to do the analytical work I liked to with FF and had gained enough of a distance from it that I could avoid becoming too obsessive.

I don't think I'm all that recognizable to most folks in the fandom now, because I don't post about FF anywhere other than here these days (I did put the scripts of the Dissidia games up on GameFAQs two or three years ago, though). At least I hope not. :monster:
Cab said:
Would you change your name back to TresDias again or is that done now & you just know people will call you that?
Yeah, I would use it again. I actually do use it at ComicBookResources.com, which has the only other forum I even go to, but I don't post much there. And I think it's my OKCupid username. :awesome:

I've become rather attached to this username, and I like to think of it as my default.

Cab said:
What's your job? I think I want to say fireman? is dat right? So why> & how did you get into that?
I do want to be a fireman, but I'm not there yet. I have volunteered locally, and I'm on the Emergency Response Team for the company I work for, which is the manufacturer of the Duck Tape brand of duct tape. You should have some of our products in the U.K., as well as Germany, but I'm not sure if we ship any to Wales specifically (I do shipping :monster:).

I've always had a strong respect for the work firefighters do, ever since I was a child. It became more passionate when I met my ex-wife and her mother. My ex-wife was a CNA in a hospital emergency room and her mother was a flight nurse, and both of them had a high degree of involvement with firefighters.

Plus, I just gained a great respect for first responders in general from knowing my ex's mom.

Cab said:
Are you likely to change the status of your son you'e thus far not known?
No, it's not likely. There's a variety of legal reasons (namely, we are different nationalities and I have no rights where he is), and a number of less legal concerns too. I would be willing to take them all on, but I plainly don't have any reasonable options, not being a millionaire. I'd have to move to that country.

Cab said:
Are you the type of person to grab destiny by the balls & ring a change or two?
I can be. Depending on circumstances, how I'm feeling, etc. I can either very much take the initiative or dawdle endlessly.

Cab said:
Why do you have the reputation of being such a studmuffin? can you / are you willing to share any stories?
Because I've been a shameless manwhore. :monster: I went from being a relative virgin at the beginning of 2010 (sex with one woman ever) to having more than a couple dozen within two years.

The number is somewhere in the 30s right now (I may do an exact tally later). I slowed down quite a while back. The last new one was in June of last year, I think, and the last new one before that was probably January? I've had a few repeats over the past year, but probably only across five or so different women.

As for notable stories, ones I'm particularly fond of is three women in ten hours, sex with a different woman for six consecutive nights, confirmation that I've impregnated three (possibly a fourth, but she wasn't planning to have it or confirm the father), a total of five different pregnant women (two of whom were not knocked up by me), a sampling of most racial categories (Caucasian, Black, East Asian, American Indian, Hispanic) and all hair colors, and participation in creampie gangbangs as well more threesomes and foursomes than I can count (also, one moresome).

Let's see ... the time I helped some people move and the mom told her (adult) daughter to make sure I went home happy (she did) was hot. The few occasions I've gone from barely knowing a chick's name to fucking her were awesome. The time a chick I had only talked to online gave me her address and described the layout of her home, then told me to "surprise her" was great.

I'd really like to do a mom and daughter or two sisters (not necessarily at the same time, but I wouldn't turn that down either). Those are the only things I haven't done but still want to do.

Cab said:
You mentioned once about stepping back from FF n this site n stuff and letting younger people take the reins. Is age the only reason or do you have better shit to do? Or are you buying into stereotypes of age?
Shit to do and lack of ongoing interest. And maybe age is part of it? I suppose I do have less patience for such endeavors now.

Cab said:
What do you do when you can't sleep?
I think you know. :awesome:

Seriously, though, I beat off until I do. Usually once is enough.

Cab said:
Have you travelled outside America? if so tell us an experience that struck you, if not then where would you like to go & what's stopping you?
I've been to Canada and The Bahamas. The latter for a cruise, the former for a former relationship. I spent a lot of time in Canada (probably a cumulative six months).

Most notable story would probably be getting interrogated by the U.S. border patrol for three hours under suspicion of drug trafficking the last time I came back to the U.S. from Canada. Wasn't fun at all.

Cab said:
Are you aware of how charismatically soulful your online presence is?
People have said so. I'll have to take their word for it. =P
Cab said:
Does it reflect real life you?
Yes. I'm basically the same in either venue, but in-person you'd have to deal with my voice. :monster:

Cab said:
What's a fun night out or in for you?
Oh, I'm up for almost anything. Dinner out, a movie out, dinner at a friend's, movies (or games) at a friend's, dinner at home, movies (or games) at home. You may be detecting a theme here. :monster:

Maybe specific examples would be more helpful?

Last night my gf and I had dinner at a Mexican restaurant, then came home and watched "Friends" while eating trail mix (me) and a popsicle (her). That was fun.

Another night recently, we cooked frozen pizzas and ate them while watching Donald Glover's stand-up comedy special on Netflix, then played "The Last of Us."

Another night a little over a week ago, it was pizza and a movie followed by Cards Against Humanity at my best friend's place.

I also recently spent five hours at a comic book store while my gf was at work. Met a friend for lunch, got some Starbucks and walked around a store drinking it and talking about shit like "Rocky" and the Middle-earth movies.

One day a few weeks ago, my gf and I killed most of an afternoon driving around to used bookstores, then got some subs. That was also cool.

One Sunday after church, we got subs, then took those, some drinks and some crackers (with summer sausage) to a nice park.

When my friend, Dana, and I went to see "Mockingjay Part I," afterward we walked around an overpriced health food store filling up on free samples and being silly.

On other recent occasions, my gf and I have attended gatherings at Dana's or elsewhere where we had food and a guest psychic of some sort (remote viewer, cellular memory therapist, etc.).

Cab said:
Why do you not join us on Skypical chats?
I have once or twice, but it's not really my thing. Especially at home, my goings-on tend to be mellow, and in general, I prefer interacting in one-on-one situations or with small groups. As an example, I love get-togethers at Dana's, but I really am most fond of when it's just me and her getting coffee.

I love talking to people and getting to know them, even in larger settings, but I tend to reach an overstimulation threshold faster than most and have to pull back.

I'm what I guess you would call a social introvert. I love people, and love talking to new or familiar folks, but it is usually a physically exhausting exercise if it's more than one person. Heck, even one person of the opposite temperament can get me there after a couple of hours.

Cab said:
If you were to organise a convention of sorts, what would it be on, what guest stars would you invite (& to do what) & what cool stuff would you organise for it? (this is a pretty good question, why has it not been asked before!??)
That is a good question. I would like to give it all the detail of the response it deserves, but as I'm planning to take a nap before work, this will probably be shorter than it should be.

I don't really know. :monster: Obviously conventions work best when set up around a unifying interest that can also accommodate fringe interests that not all attendees necessarily share -- e.g. a comic book convention that might have a card tournament, or an anime convention that may have a cosplay contest.

I don't know exactly what I would shoot for as a unifying theme, but I know the guests I would want would include Katee Sackhoff, Nathan Fillion, Jon Stewart, Ellen Page, Louis C.K., Kristen Stewart, Keanu Reeves, Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Hiddleston, Sasha Grey, Jamie Foxx, Katy Perry, David Tennant, Vampire Weekend, Bush, Goo Goo Dolls, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Linkin Park, , Darius Rucker, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Maddie and Tae, Lorde, Of Mice and Men, Jim Gaffigan, Neil Gaiman, Jennifer Lawrence, Matthew McConnaughey, Woody Harrelson, Zoe Deschanel, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Anne Hathaway, and the casts of "Friends," "That 70s Show," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," and "Parks & Recreation."

So, whatever topic unifies all of them. :monster:

Cab said:
Do you drink tea or coffee or summit else on a regular basis?

Coffee is my thing.

Cab said:
Are you comfortable with other dialects & accents of English that are not American? What has helped or hindered this?
Oh, very much. Even within the U.S. we have multiple dialects. I love listening to people talk.

Cab said:
What is poutine? Are you eating Russian's premier?!
I pity whoever has that job. :monster:

Poutine is damn near (maybe it is?) the most delicious thing ever. It's French fries (British "chips") topped with cheese curds, then smothered in a warm brown gravy that begins melting the cheese.

Cab said:
What bedding do you have? (duvet/sheet/feather filled/ wool/synthetic crap/silk/cotton/patterened/masculine/neutral colours/etc)
I ... don't really know. Cotton, I think. And it's sort of a burgundy color.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
If you were a captain of a pirate ship, what would you call your ship?
The Siege Bluerose.

Ghost said:
If you were a captain of a fishing boat, what would you call your boat?
Nausea.

Ghost said:
If you were a captain of a space ship, what would you call your space ship?
Beyond the Veil.
Ghost said:
If you had a horse, what would you name your horse?
Would have to meet the horse first.

Ghost said:
If you had a cat, what would you name your cat?
I had one named Spencer.

Ghost said:
If you had a dog, what would you name your dog?
I think "Cabbage" would be a good name for a Corgi, and plan to name one accordingly, but, as with the horse, I'm going to need to meet it before deciding. "Pickles" is another contender. "Eggroll" too.

Ghost said:
If you had a personal forum, what would you name your forum?
Would probably name it after my blog: The id ("i" and "d" abbreviating "I disagree," and the whole name being sort of a pun).

Ghost said:
If you became Pope of the Catholic church, what name would you take up?
Pope Benedict Arnold.

Ghost said:
If you converted to Islam, what name would you take up?
Cat Stevens.

Ghost said:
If you discovered a star, what would you name it?
"Jesus Christ, Super."

Ghost said:
If you discovered a planet, what would you name it?
"Your Mom."

Ghost said:
What major world-changing event(s) do you think will pretty much definitely happen in the next 100 years?
The fall of the oil barons.

Ghost said:
What food or drink do you think is underrated?
Food: Kosher dill pickles :monster:
Drink: Arnold Palmers

Ghost said:
Which is sexier: knees or elbows?
Definitely knees.

Ghost said:
Favourite card game that doesn't involve anyone getting naked or having sex?
Cards Against Humanity.

Ghost said:
Which dead person would you like to see brought back to life in their prime?
Ritchie Valens.
List all the animals (apart from humans) that you have spooned platonically.
Spencer the Tabby, Kazzie the Dachshund and Rosie the Bull Mastiff.
I really have no idea what to ask you. I know far too much about you and all I can think of are naughty questions that I already know the answer to. :awesome:
I could surprise you. :awesome:
If you could interview any of the main creators of Final Fantasy, what would you be most eager to ask them? Specify which person (Sakaguchi, Kitase etc) you mean to ask the question to.
Nojima:
1) "At what point did you decide Cloud and Tifa definitely became romantically involved? Was it what you intended from as far back as when the original FFVII was developed or did it become solidified in your mind while brainstorming Advent Children?"

2) "FFX-2.5 -Eternal Cost- and -Will- were not received well by fans. What led to your writing decisions with those, and do you think you should have done anything differently?"

Naora:
1) "Why is the atmosphere of FFVII's world (e.g. its cultural, architectural and thematic themes of isolation and disconnectedness; its vibrant yet grungy color pallette; the confined bitterness of Midgar's slums) so different in the Compilation from how it was in the original game?"

2) "With Wutai and Midgar being the most culturally distinct regions in FFVII, do you believe enough attention was given to the Wutai War?"

Nomura:
1) "Why change iconic design elements of several characters (e.g. Tifa's dolphin tail; Vincent's gauntlet and boots; the Turk and SOLDIER uniforms) during development of the Compilation? Why even redesign them at all?"

2) "After frequently being accused of modeling characters such as Squall on Gackt Kamui in the late 90s and early 2000s, was there a certain ironic satisfaction for you in actually designing a character based on him with Genesis?"

Kitase:
1) "What is your response to fans who feel that the many contradictions in story details between the original FFVII and the Compilation have been harmful to the artistic value of the original game?"

2) "What would you say to fans who believe too much focus was given in the Compilation to new characters and sub-plots that weren't mentioned in the original FFVII at the expense of elaborating more on details of the mythology that already existed (e.g. all the focus in Crisis Core on Project G rather than the Wutai War)?"

Sakaguchi:
1) "Why do you think FF:The Spirits Within didn't resonate with either most FF fans or wider audiences at the time of its release? Is there anything about its development you would change or, artistically speaking, are you mostly satisfied with it even now?"

2) "Has Square Enix forgotten the face of its father?"

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If you could only read one comic series for the rest of your life what would it be?

What do you find the most interesting about World War II?

Why FFVIII? Just why? :awesome:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
With regards to your escapades (I'm trying really hard not to say sexcapades shut up), I'm curious:

-How does that work? Like, how do you find these women, how does it progress so quickly, etc?

-From there, what next? Do you discuss like, ground rules and stuff like that beforehand, or is it a play it by ear situation?

-Related to that, how often does the subject of a condom come up? STDs? (potential tmi question incoming about that and feel free not to answer it if you don't want to!) From these situations, have you ever, ah...picked up anything?

-SIMILAR question, any stories that aren't so much zomfg hot as AHAHAHA funny? (like the tale of why the underside of my mattress looks like the scene of a fucking murder)

-Regarding followup: how does that work? Do you get calls back (like "hey, had a great time, let's do it again?"), or is it kind of an understood one time deal arrangement? Have there ever been any instances of developing feelings in these situations (either on your part of someone else's), and if so, how have they affected any then-current relationships you might have had?

-Unrelated: how did you meet your current girlfriend?

-Best Cards Against Humanity answer you've seen so far?

shut up don't look at me I find the social dynamic//human side of this sort of thing fascinating

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
Can you describe yourself in 6 words or less? If so please do.

What is the first thing you like to do in the morning?

Is health and exercise important to you?

Why do you describe yourself as slightly introverted and have you always been that way?

What is your favorite genre of music?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
If you could only read one comic series for the rest of your life what would it be?
Either "Runaways" (when it was written by Brian K. Vaughan) or "She-Hulk." Dan Slott's run in particular for the latter. I can't think of any other two series that so appropriately build off the larger setting around them and have a stronger balance of humor and more serious or heartfelt stuff.

Picking between these two would be too difficult.
Tenny said:
What do you find the most interesting about World War II?
Probably the idealized culture that surrounds it from the perspective of the Allies. I mean, sure, it was a time of shady maneuverings and propaganda just like every other war, but there still seems to be a sentiment lingering that it was a case of the worst of times bringing out the best in us.

And then nuclear bombs showed up at the end and everything gets a little cynical and depressing. :monster:
Tenny said:
Why FFVIII? Just why? :awesome:
Because your tears provide me nourishment. :awesome:

Why not? :monster: I love the world of the game, its aesthetics, sensibilities, atmosphere. I love that there's wacky technology and still places like Dollet and Winhill.

It would probably be my top pick for fictional worlds to live in. I'm not even positive which town I would pick. I mean, how do you choose?? I have no interest in Esthar, but there's something appealing to me about all the rest.

I love small, quiet towns the best, but I hate being too far from a city where I can get something to eat in the middle of the night or go to a show of some sort on a Saturday afternoon or evening. Yet I'm also not fond of being somewhere overly noisy and with lots of traffic.

I suppose medium-sized towns are kind of a happy middle ground for me. Timber would probably end up being the place. Not too busy, but there's still some stuff going on. I could probably actually do some journalism work for once, and Deling City is a train ride away if nothing was going on at the moment, yet I wanted to go see something artsy without having to actually live in that busy of a place.

I think I would still quietly long for a place like Fisherman's Horizon or Winhill, though, and would probably end up moving to one of them. Dollet might actually be in a sweet spot somewhere between those and Timber, though, and may work the best.

With regards to your escapades (I'm trying really hard not to say sexcapades shut up), I'm curious:

-How does that work? Like, how do you find these women, how does it progress so quickly, etc?
A good number I found on Plenty of Fish or FetLife. A few on Craigslist and OKCupid. For example, one time several years ago, a 40-year-old chick posted in a group on FetLife that she had not had sex in a while and needed it that night. I responded to her ad, she sent me her address, and an hour later, we were going at it. Just long enough for me to get ready and drive to her. I ended up seeing her a bunch more.

Numerous others were introduced to me by someone else. Usually someone I had already fucked, who told me or told the other chick that she thought we would have a good time together.

One was a woman who posted an ad on Craigslist saying she had been married for something like 15 years and not been with anyone else, but had found out her husband had cheated on her. She wasn't so much looking for a revenge fuck as just the opportunity to get her rocks off with someone else the way he had.

One was a coworker I met when I worked at Walmart. She was horny, she said her boyfriend never touched her, and it had been announced that it was my birthday.

On another memorable occasion, I came across a chick on FetLife who I'd worked across the hall from in student media at UNCC. I messaged her, we got coffee and then we did dirty stuff.

There's all kinds of ways life has handed these opportunities out. It's always so exciting knowing it's happening too, whether you know days in advance or find out just before it does.

Frog said:
-From there, what next? Do you discuss like, ground rules and stuff like that beforehand, or is it a play it by ear situation?
Most of the time, ground rules are laid out, and that's probably the smartest way to go. There have been cases, though -- like with the chick on FetLife who was eager to get fucked as soon as possible -- where anything that needed to be mentioned didn't come up until we were already in wild throes. Like, she and I were in the middle of intercourse, with her on top of me, when she mentioned that she didn't do anal.

I was just like "That's fine with me. :monster: Can't make a baby that way anyway." I really didn't think about that before I said it, what with my brain being off at the moment. It could have had a very different result with a different woman, but, fortunately, it just made her more exuberant and she started demanding I knock her up.

Frog said:
-Related to that, how often does the subject of a condom come up? STDs? (potential tmi question incoming about that and feel free not to answer it if you don't want to!)
Pretty often, actually. One time this chick I met on FetLife insisted I get tested before we did anything and still insisted on the use of condoms. I did it because she was really hot and I really wanted to have sex with her, but I wouldn't deal with all that again.

Some women have never brought it up at all, and I don't if they don't. If it's someone new, I'll bring condoms in case they are looking for me to have them, but if they don't tell me to use them, I certainly don't volunteer.

Honestly, the damn things can make it difficult for me to perform sometimes, so even if I didn't have this breeding fetish, I wouldn't love them. Unless it's the fetish making condoms a psychological hurdle in the first place?

Anyway, a good number of women have told me to bring one and made me wear it. Others have told me to bring it and then didn't make me use it. Some have had me bring it, use it and then told me to take it off.

Frog said:
From these situations, have you ever, ah...picked up anything?
Thankfully, I have (surprisingly) not.

Frog said:
-SIMILAR question, any stories that aren't so much zomfg hot as AHAHAHA funny? (like the tale of why the underside of my mattress looks like the scene of a fucking murder)
I can guess how that happened. :awesome:

I suppose a funny story might be the time I did not bring condoms because the chick said she didn't like them, but she then announced that she thought she was ovulating and wanted to use them -- only the announcement was made after we were already in the motel room we rented, after we were naked, and while I was rubbing my cock against her pussy. :monster:

And so I spent more than half an hour in this unfamiliar place tracking down a gas station that sold overpriced condoms so I could go back and fuck her. And then the condom ended up coming off inside her and she got the baby batter anyway. Twice. :monster:

Frog said:
-Regarding followup: how does that work? Do you get calls back (like "hey, had a great time, let's do it again?"), or is it kind of an understood one time deal arrangement?
It's been understood to be that way on occasion (like with that married woman from Craigslist), but most of the time, someone does follow up with a text. Even then, though, there isn't always a second time.

Frog said:
Have there ever been any instances of developing feelings in these situations (either on your part of someone else's), and if so, how have they affected any then-current relationships you might have had?
Yes, feelings have happened. My girlfriend and I met as friends with benefits through OKCupid, and then I fell in love with her almost instantly.

Then there's a friend of mine I met through Plenty of Fish, ostensibly just as fuck buddies, but I got her pregnant, feelings grew, she miscarried and though we still see each other often, there's a certain weirdness to it. She only wants to be in monogamous relationships romantically, but she keeps picking guys who are absolute losers, so she's never happy. She wants to go out with me, and even try to do the baby thing again with me, but we mostly stick to platonic friendship stuff and the very rare fuck session.

That pregnancy was a big problem for my ex-wife. This friend made her very uncomfortable even before that, and not entirely for invalid reasons. They did not like each other, and both wanted the other out of the picture.

After the miscarriage, my ex insisted on me not talking to this woman anymore, and though I insisted on continuing for a while, I gradually had to pull back for the sake of my marriage. We didn't talk for about a year at one point, and that will always be one of the things I'm most ashamed of.

This woman was in love with me and was going to have my child. We could have a two year old now walking around and learning and being alive. And we both lost that, because -- well, because biology isn't perfect. She needed me to be there for her more, and, frankly, I needed her to be there for me more. Which she wanted to be. We both grieved over that (still do, in fact), and we needed to console each other more than we got the chance to.

It was a sticky situation, obviously, and no one was a clear-cut good or bad guy. My ex knew that my friend wanted her gone, and she assumed that another (deliberate) pregnancy would follow. My friend has since admitted to planning both of those things at the time. On the other hand, my ex was being controlling, insecure and put me in a position where I couldn't comfort the mother of my child-that-almost-was, nor receive comfort from her -- nor even feel safe to talk about it.

It was just a clusterfuck.

My ex drew less of a hardline with my current gf, but when she decided we wanted different things out of life (e.g. she realized she didn't want to be around for me to raise a child, even if it wasn't her responsibility; she wanted to travel a lot, while I wanted a family) she did try playing the unreasonable ultimatum card, telling me I had to make my gf go away and deliberately making everyone around us miserable. She assumed I would choose my gf and divorce her, but it wasn't that simple.

I had been the surrogate father to her younger sister for three years at that point. Her mom and I were (almost too) close. We had lost two dogs that year, her mom was trying to establish a good relationship after we got her away from an abusive asshole, my mom (i.e. my grandmother who raised me; not my biological mom with the mental illness) had just died, my dad was in the hospital with pneumonia -- the list goes on. 2013 was a rough year, and I had a family I adored. I wasn't about to harm that or stop fighting for it or put them through more heartache, even if my wife was being cruel.

So, there's another thing I'm ashamed of: I hurt my girlfriend for nothing. My ex then had to be honest about what she was doing -- which took the form of her making arrangements to live and work in another state, then leaving without telling anybody anything. She left notes for us explaining what she had done and that she was too ashamed to face us.

It probably sounds like I'm bitter toward her, and in some ways I guess I am, but I do greatly appreciate that she did something after realizing we wanted to live different ways instead of waiting years down the road when we really would hate each other, and after my opportunity to get Megan back would have been gone. I would gladly still be her friend even now, but she finds it easier to just not talk. We did remain sort-of friends for almost a year after she left, but she gradually stopped contacting me.

Frog said:
-Unrelated: how did you meet your current girlfriend?
Answered above. :monster:
Frog said:
-Best Cards Against Humanity answer you've seen so far?
"I never understood Jerking off into a pool of children's tears until I experienced Stephen Hawking talking dirty."

Can you describe yourself in 6 words or less?  If so please do.
"Pretty okay."

Atti said:
What is the first thing you like to do in the morning?
Well, I wake up horny every day. If sex isn't an option, porn is always available.

Atti said:
Is health and exercise important to you?
Yes. My gf and I were gyming three times a week until she found out she was pregnant because the nausea was kicking her ass. We haven't been much lately.

Atti said:
Why do you describe yourself as slightly introverted and have you always been that way?
Just for the reasons I mentioned earlier -- preferring less noise, smaller groups and reaching my stimulation threshold faster than a lot of people. Once I cross that threshold, all the sound starts blurring together and I become increasingly exhausted. I have to recharge in relative solitude, which is more or less the defining trait of an introverted temperament.

Atti said:
What is your favorite genre of music?
I don't know that I have a favorite. I like lots of different stuff.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I can guess how that happened. :awesome:
I would estimate your chances of being correct at a maximum of 2% :oscar:

Reading all of that was extremely interesting, btw. Not to sound too detached or clinical or anything :S

-It sounds as though you feel like perhaps the almost-mother-of-your-child was the woman you were meant to be with; how accurate do you think this is?

-Are you happy with the way things have ended up (more or less), and/or is there anything you'd change about it (excluding the obvious like lol billionaire, SE making good games, etc)

-One last (humorous) sex-related question: funniest thing you've ever been called (or called someone) during?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I would estimate your chances of being correct at a maximum of 2% :oscar:

Well, do tell then. :monster:

Frog said:
Reading all of that was extremely interesting, btw. Not to sound too detached or clinical or anything :S
Ou, that's fine, honestly. I realize it would sound interesting to me too if it were part of somebody else's story.

Frog said:
-It sounds as though you feel like perhaps the almost-mother-of-your-child was the woman you were meant to be with; how accurate do you think this is?
I would have to lie if I said there were never times I felt that way. I no longer do, but she is still someone I have lots of love for, and we'll always be connected in a way that is deeply meaningful to us both.

Honestly, I am surprised we're still friends, but we are. We talk almost daily, and went to the movies as recently as last week.

Frog said:
-Are you happy with the way things have ended up (more or less), and/or is there anything you'd change about it (excluding the obvious like lol billionaire, SE making good games, etc)
I am very happy with where my life has taken me. I've lost a lot, but that also means I've been blessed with a lot. And I'm ecstatic about where I am right now.

Of course there are numerous things here and there I wish were different (I wish I knew my son, I wish my second child had been born, I wish I still had my ex-wife's family, I wish I had been wiser so many times, I do wish Square Enix would make good games again, etc.), but if I had a time machine, i wouldn't try to change anything either.

Frog said:
-One last (humorous) sex-related question: funniest thing you've ever been called (or called someone) during?
I was called "virile young man" by that one chick from FetLife in her 40s (she's an English teacher, so I'm just going to assume that had something to do with it).

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Ah, go on then, I'll bite. How big is the Tres wang? I want length, girth and no boasting. ;)

Cabaret

Donator
I can't get this out of my head but isn't sexing sisters or a mother & daughter a tad... incestuous? Or at least promoting it? I've done some wacky sex stuff, but I couldn't sleep with my mum or my sister as much as I couldn't sleep with my Dad no matter who else was involved. What's the attraction & would it be the same if you were gay & wanted to sleep with 2 brothers or a father & son? Could you/would you sleep with one of your siblings or a parent in a 3some?

Never mind how big his wang is... how long & muscly is his tongue? :awesome:

Last edited:
Top Bottom