• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #25: Ask Mr. Ite anything

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
In this forum tradition we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=1338]Mr. Ite[/member], who has elected to share the following information:
Mr. Ite is a 28-year-old white cis poly dude from Vancouver Canada. He's been writing, publishing, deleting, and fretting over a novelization of FF7 ("The Jenova Project") for twelve years. Otherwise, he has a degree in acting and his band is readying their third album. He co-wrote the doomed FF7 web series, was one of four writers for the web series "Blank Verse" and is now co-writing a sci-fi series called "Silk." His name is Xander, he works at the city Art Gallery, is a substance user, and his Skyrim character is a Breton named Aurayne. Come at me bros.

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Hey are you still with Sizheng? She hasn't been here in ages :(

What got you into drama/acting?

Top 3 actors?

Top 3 roles you would like to play?

You seem to be good at all things artistic/creative, does that run in your family?

Where does the name 'Mr Ite' originate from?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Favourite non-FF game?

Favourite non-FF world to live in?

Early to bed, or late sleeper?

You're convicted of a crime you didn't commit and sentenced to death, what are your last words, last person you ask to see, and last meal?

EDIT: Fixed!

I just copied out of Tres's thread.

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
You're convicted of a crime you didn't commit and sentenced to death, what are your last words, last person you ask to see, and last meal? Just saw Octo also asked that, so only the other two.

:kirkwhat:

I always mentally pronounce your name "Mister Ee-tay". Is that wrong?

Are you happy with the progress of your career thus far?

Jeremy Fisher: good or what?

Does it really rain in Vancouver all the time?

Somebody told me I should move to Vancouver because I'd fit right in. What did they mean?

Why did you leave Toronto? (I don't like Toronto either).

Ghost X

I say Ite as "ʌɪ-ti", but anyways.

Have you ever had a system crash / file corruption / accidental closure of program while playing a game, which you haven't saved in a while? If so, what is your worst experience that you can recall?

Favourite nut and/or legume?

Your most embarrassing moment?

What is your favourite Elvis Presley song?

What is your favourite art movement?

What is your most flamboyant/extravagant piece of clothing? Describe it.

What is your favourite herb or spice?

Are you aware there is a comet apparently visible to the naked human eye at night at the moment, in the constellation of Taurus? Even more visible if you have binoculars or a functioning telescope. *Doesn't :(*

Last edited:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Vancouver, eh? I don't live far away and I've always wanted to visit. Can you tell me of some sight-seeing I could do, or some restaurant I should eat at?

Also, how do you like it there? I've been told it's a beautiful city.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
A lot of TV shows are filmed in Vancouver. Have you ever met any actors from said shows?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Have you ever partaken in log rolling, ice hockey or other stereotypical Canadian sports/activities/idiosyncrasies? :monster:

Everyone I know who's emigrated to Canada has gone to Vancouver, is there a big Irish presence there? What about other nationalities? Is Vancouver a popular immigrant/multi-cultural hub?

Be ye a drinker? If so, what's your drink of choice?

What was it about Final Fantasy VII that attracted you? What kept you around after that initial attraction simmered down a bit?

If you had to wield a weapon from any video game, what you wield?

On the other hand, what weapon would you hate to be saddled with?

What's the hardest aspect of gigging and touring about playing music?

What can you tell us about "Silk"? You've mentioned it's a sci-fi work, is it set on Earth? In space? An other planet?

How do you find working at an art gallery? What sort of day to day tasks do you have to perform? My roommate's girlfriend volunteered at one before and said there was lots of standing about not doing much, do you experience that? If so, how do you pass the time? :monster:

Cabaret

Donator
What in jokes do you share with your band?

How do you communicate with them on stage? (I love the various communication methods body language is fab, body language with an instrument is even more fun! :D)

Where can we get hold of / listen to your music? Can you link us a sound cloud or you tube song?

Do you write songs? What inspires you & how do you go about it? (EG get a tune stuck in your head first or rhythm or phrase/lyrics etc)

Do you get involved with your community or prefer to stay more outside society?

If you could make up a party of four from the playable characters of all your favourite FF games, which four characters would you choose and why?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Hi guys! I don't have a computer, only a phone, so this took a while to draft up. Thanks for waiting.

Hey are you still with Sizheng? She hasn't been here in ages :(

Sadly, Sizheng and I parted ways in late 2012, amicably. We went on to produce an album together, but we've drifted apart over the last year and a half.

What got you into drama/acting?

No idea... apparently I've always known. My sister and I played with dolls a lot, and we put on plays and recreations of the latest Disney movie for our neighbours.

Top 3 actors?
Living: Judi Dench, Meryl Streep,
Dead: Cary Grant,

Top 3 roles you would like to play?

Hamlet, Roger (Rent), Jaime (Last 5 Years)

You seem to be good at all things artistic/creative, does that run in your family?

Thank you :) my family is very artistic. My mom and dad met while doing a production of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" (as Lucy and Snoopy, respectively) and my dad was an oldies DJ. My mom stopped acting before I was born and she's now very religious, which... requires creativity. On my father's side, my uncle is an actor, my aunt is a singer and she does Classic Rock Albums Live (I heard her do great gig in the sky it was amazing) and my other aunt is a fairy artist (her shit is amazing google image search Melissa Duncan fgj). My sister is a burlesque performer too. We're all poor vagabonds but it was surprising to no one that I pursued the arts.

Where does the name 'Mr Ite' originate from?

In 1998, when I was 12, I figured out that when you end a word with an R it kind of bleeds, especially if the next word begins with an R. "Mr. Right" was the example I played with in my brain probably because I heard it in some trailer for some shitty romantic comedy and then I heard about hotmail and was really excited about the pun, and I wanted people to know I was a nice guy (which is what I thought Mr. Right meant) and so there you have it, and I find it endlessly hilarious that a) the joke has never landed, b) I abhor romantic idolatry but am forever bound to a term that is emblematic of it, and c) no one pronounces it correctly.

Favourite non-FF game?

Oblivion and Skyrim are pretty spectacular. I suppose you mean video game, otherwise, D&D and chess.

Favourite non-FF world to live in?

Earth (/cop-out) probably Tamriel in 3E, but I tend to binge-nerd so that may change in the future. Srsly though most worlds pale in comparison to FF9's holy cow is that my jam.

Early to bed, or late sleeper?

Late sleeper definitely. I stay up until 3am on average working on my D&D campaign or writing. All my good ideas come around 1am.

You're convicted of a crime you didn't commit and sentenced to death, what are your last words, last person you ask to see, and last meal?

The last person I would ask to see would be the victim of the crime (or the next of kin). If I'm going to pay the ultimate price for someone else's peace, I should like us to both be present. I feel like a moment like that would be undignified by words, but the Tomorrow speech from Macbeth would probably be running through my head.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace from day, to day, to the last syllable of recorded time, and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound, and fury, signifying nothing.

My last meal would be my granddad's macaroni and cheese.

I always mentally pronounce your name "Mister Ee-tay". Is that wrong?

Ahh whatever. Do you.

Are you happy with the progress of your career thus far?

Quite. I realize I'm too old now to play the young lover (Romeo, Troilus, etc) which seems like a shame but cooler roles are starting to open up so I'm glad.

Jeremy Fisher: good or what?

I've only heard the song "Love is a Scar that Never Heals" and I love it.

Does it really rain in Vancouver all the time?

No that's ridiculous! Only from October to June.

Somebody told me I should move to Vancouver because I'd fit right in. What did they mean?

Probably that you are a liberal, nature-loving tech-nerd that doesn't like cold winters and doesn't mind going weeks without seeing the sun.

Why did you leave Toronto? (I don't like Toronto either).

I booked two gigs in Van, one in September, one in April. In the six month break I'm at the Gallery, playing Skyrim, and growing a beard. I actually love Toronto, and am considering going back when my contract is up.

Where is your favourite place in the world and why?

The Cabaret Voltaire in Zurich. So basically during WWI artists from all sides fled to Switzerland cause the Swiss don't partake in wars and they are just impossible to conquer. These artists (including Hugo Ball and Marcel Duchamp) rented a studio and jammed in it. That is, I suppose, the whole story, but what they did in that studio is known nowadays as the Dada movement in art, and it's totally fucking nuts and awesome, and most importantly it transcended the language and cultural barriers that kept all these would-not-be-soldiers from understanding one another. It is the true anti-war memorial, to me. And it's still active! People still jam out there, you can go if you can fit through the door. It's great.

Have you ever had a system crash / file corruption / accidental closure of program while playing a game, which you haven't saved in a while? If so, what is your worst experience that you can recall?

I lost my FFVII save file so many times I promised myself that if I ever finished I would get a tattoo. I switched to PC because I thought I might have a better chance, got all the way to Mideel, and an *earthquake* created a power surge that wiped my whole computer. I was upset for more than just losing another FFVII save, but I cursed the heavens boy oh boy did I curse them.

Favourite nut and/or legume?

Kupo!

Your most embarrassing moment?

I have a bad time with names, and when I run into people on the street, I am never able to place them. I feel like a horrible person every time it happens :(

What is your favourite Elvis Presley song?

Falling in Love With You (I thought the name of the song was Fools Rush In whoops!)

What is your favourite art movement?

It's probably Dada, but I like 'em all, from Cave Paintings to Video Games.

What is your most flamboyant/extravagant piece of clothing? Describe it.

I used to work at Armani Exchange (protip don't buy their clothes) and I will say this is their favour: each season they outfitted us for free. One shirt I picked because it had a cool collar (kind of like Squall's cadet collar) but then I realized that it does not unbutton all the way down, it must be pulled over. What's more, when you *do* unbutton the top half of the shirt, it doesn't actually open, but reveals a built-in 'cravat' of sorts that is patterned exactly like the shirt. It is ugly and hilarious.

What is your favourite herb or spice?

Lemon pepper or smoked salt.

Are you aware there is a comet apparently visible to the naked human eye at night at the moment, in the constellation of Taurus? Even more visible if you have binoculars or a functioning telescope. *Doesn't :(*

I knew about the comet, but alas, Vancouver is overcast from October to June almost consistently.

Vancouver, eh? I don't live far away and I've always wanted to visit. Can you tell me of some sight-seeing I could do, or some restaurant I should eat at?

Also, how do you like it there? I've been told it's a beautiful city.

September is the best time to be here, you should definitely visit. Eat sushi, even the cheap places put other NA cities to shame. It is a beautiful city, the problem is that is extremely unaffordable, and the surrounding cities aren't much to write home about.

A lot of TV shows are filmed in Vancouver. Have you ever met any actors from said shows?

Yep. They're everywhere around here, but I meet more celebrities at the gallery than on set. Last year Tim Burton's Big Eyes was filmed there and I met Christoph Waltz who was very pleasant. I typically try to pretend that I don't recognize them, unless I actually respect their work, then I'll tell them so.

Have you ever partaken in log rolling, ice hockey or other stereotypical Canadian sports/activities/idiosyncrasies? :monster:

I went skiing once, I fell down a lot, and called it a day. I haven't skated since I was a teenager. Only ever played street hockey. I do enjoy snow cones.

Everyone I know who's emigrated to Canada has gone to Vancouver, is there a big Irish presence there? What about other nationalities? Is Vancouver a popular immigrant/multi-cultural hub?

As I understand it, rich Irish highschool grads treat Vancouver like rich Vancouverite highschool grads treat Mexico. Every summer there's a huge influx of young Irish people getting fall-down drunk in the streets. Kids will be kids. The majority of our population is Chinese, although we have a large East Indian and Pakistani population in the neighbouring city of Surrey. I don't quite know the exact statistics, and with more and more of our residential buildings being bought by the 1% and kept empty, I have no idea how many people actually live here.

Be ye a drinker? If so, what's your drink of choice?

Ale!

What was it about Final Fantasy VII that attracted you? What kept you around after that initial attraction simmered down a bit?

The attraction is supposed to simmer down?

Video games were from satan in my family's house, so when I (age 14, c. 2001) discovered that my half-brother had left his PS and games in our garage while he was traveling, I snuck down in the middle of the night and played from 12-3am. I first played Tales of Destiny, which did not excite me. Then I played FF7, and here I am.

If you had to wield a weapon from any video game, what you wield?

Healing rod.

On the other hand, what weapon would you hate to be saddled with?

Javelin.

What's the hardest aspect of gigging and touring about playing music?

I deleted quite a long rant about building audience and organizing shows. The hardest part is getting the double-bass from the bassist's house to the stage.

What can you tell us about "Silk"? You've mentioned it's a sci-fi work, is it set on Earth? In space? An other planet?

Earth. Before I was brought aboard, the team got their funding through something called StoryHive, here's the promo video, and it basically explains everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbpEqVknzsA

We're in casting now, the pilot should be wrapped by March.

How do you find working at an art gallery? What sort of day to day tasks do you have to perform? My roommate's girlfriend volunteered at one before and said there was lots of standing about not doing much, do you experience that? If so, how do you pass the time? :monster:

I plan my D&D sessions all day. Sometimes people visit and I sell them tickets from my comfy chair.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I'VE BEEN PRONOUNCING YOUR USERNAME CORRECTLY THE WHOLE TIME. This is unprecedented and somewhat shocking since I'm usually wrong about these things.
Firstly, can you put a link to the EP you posted aeons ago? I remembered your band did a song about Super Mario and my boy wanted to hear it.

Moving on, is there anything you're not good at in the creative vein? Anything you wish you could do?
What's your favourite cheese? Do you like cheese?
What role have you played that has just drained you? My bestie does am-dram and is dying of the hoarseness with the panto performances for the next week, so feel free to answer in terms of physical or mental cost.

Do you like :mudkip: ?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I've been pronouncing it correctly, and I even thought about the Mr Right pun, but I guess I'd just assumed that it was something moar obscure and esoteric because Ite seems like that kind of person :lol:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
What has been your favorite role to play on the stage so far in your theatre career?

Is there a kind of role (i.e. comic relief, hammy villain, etc.) you feel you particularly excel at?

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Who is your favourite Playwright, what do you like about their work?

Favourite author?

Favourite present you received as a child?

Ghost X

^I don't keep record of people's answers to my questions :P.

Whilst I'm at it...

For what minimum amount of money would you eat the world's hottest chilli (The Carolina Reaper)?

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Thank you friend-with-laptop for this second bout of answers. And thank you all for the inquiries.
What in jokes do you share with your band?

We're picking up again after a year hiatus (I was in Toronto) and a few of our members (including Sizheng) aren't moving forward, so I don't have an answer for you. Maybe that our band names are always named after Final Fantasy? Our last name was Lost Numbers, but we're thinking of changing it yet again, any ideas?

How do you communicate with them on stage? (I love the various communication methods body language is fab, body language with an instrument is even more fun! :D)

I write really simple pop songs, so there's always half a bar before a big shift, enough time for me to lean back from the mic and give someone a big open mouth smile. That usually indicates an imminent full-band head bang as we drop into a bridge or instrumental section.

Where can we get hold of / listen to your music? Can you link us a sound cloud or you tube song?

Our eponymous EP is available at http://lostnumbersband.bandcamp.com

The songs are about 1) a Painting by JMW Turner (and kind of about the death of a grandparent), 2) a survey of art history (and a dysfunctional relationship), 3) Princess Peach (and a dysfunctional relationship) 4) Lara Croft (and a dysfunctional relationship) and 5) The Greek Hero Perseus (and a very loving if dysfunctional relationship with a severed head)

I think you can also find some of my iPhone-recorded demos on http://www.soundcloud.com/lostnumbersband

This Time Tonight is a song I wrote about a friend of mine who was shot and killed in our youths. I don't usually indulge in personal stories, but there it is. It's just me and a guitar.
In the Middle is a kind of bland love song that I wrote when I realized I would probably never give a monogamous lover what she wanted, so it was a kind of wishful thinking song.
Catching Cotton is about *drumroll* a dysfunctional relationship! It's also about cottonwood trees, those trees that shed those white fluffy things that you have to be really patient to catch.
Damocles is about the Greek legend (a kind of prince-and-pauper tale) and it is also about being afraid of gaining power because entropy can't hurt you if you have nothing.
The Cherry Orchard is literally about the play by Anton Chekhov, which is from the perspective of sad, dishonest, trapped people.
Dora and the Undiscovered Country is about a young spunky latina Explora who arrives at the tail-end of a long life and chooses to take her final matters into her own hands. (I recorded my voice six times to make the salty-dog harmony)

Do you write songs? What inspires you & how do you go about it? (EG get a tune stuck in your head first or rhythm or phrase/lyrics etc)

I wrote all the songs listed behind that spoiler-tag up there. Usually lyrics and melody will arrive at the same time, in about a five second chunk, and it will linger in my head for six months before the rest of the song will suddenly appear around it. It doesn't make me terribly prolific, but with only one or two exceptions, I only ever write one draft.

Do you get involved with your community or prefer to stay more outside society?

Skyrim has ruined my life. I don't go outside anymore.

I am still an avid participant in the democratic process, sadly railroaded into voting for a party I do not support because if I don't, the bad guys win (it's like supporting NORG when the Sorceress is at large -- yes, I just compared Justin Trudeau to NORG). My activism has taken a nosedive, though.

If you could make up a party of four from the playable characters of all your favourite FF games, which four characters would you choose and why?

Quina (CN Blue Mage), Zidane (CG Thief), OG Tifa (CG Monk-Redmage), OG Cloud (CG Fighter-Redmage). A Chaotic Good party is my jam, but a Chaotic Neutral character would keep them honest, I think, in contrast. Especially since Quina is so stand-offish about (and strangely aware of) her chaotic tendencies, I think it would make the good in the party shine all the brighter. Sadly, the bard class in FF is bad -- the Redmage class is closer to how I enjoy roleplaying (and living real life) and I just fucking love Zidane, but without Cloud's presence I don't think he and Tifa would work well together. He would probably hit on her, poorly. I also love Tifa and Cloud as a fighting team, and as a character match, as they are the most complex and capable redmages of the bunch (Squall's nice and all, but FF8's cast seems less compatible with FF9's cartoon nonsense, whereas it would be a nice break from the FF7 cast's cartoon pathos).

Firstly, can you put a link to the EP you posted aeons ago? I remembered your band did a song about Super Mario and my boy wanted to hear it.

http://lostnumbersband.bandcamp.com thanks for the interest lol

Moving on, is there anything you're not good at in the creative vein? Anything you wish you could do?

Anything visual. I'm very... performative, so any product that doesn't require interaction seems to fall flat (also why I am not a huge fan of my recordings, whether it's album or film)

What's your favourite cheese? Do you like cheese?

FUCKING CHEESE YES. I was a vegan for like three months but then CHEESE. Smoked havarti, creamy brie, gruyere shavings, parmesan sprinkles, crumbly blue, sharp cheddar. JUST GIVE ME MY FUCKING CHEESE AND NOBODY GETS HURT.

What role have you played that has just drained you? My bestie does am-dram and is dying of the hoarseness with the panto performances for the next week, so feel free to answer in terms of physical or mental cost.

In 2009, before I was properly trained, I played Melchior in a production of Spring Awakening. This was the play, not the mousified musical, so the "love" scene is actually a scene of sexual assault. I also have to beat a girl and deal with the death of a fellow child -- all things that I was not trained to properly deal with and I was pretty inconsolable throughout the run of that play. But we got great reviews! And on stage, there was real magic. Y'know, dark magic, but magic nonetheless. Afterwards, I decided to go to theatre school in order to learn how to do intense shit without getting drained. That's the value of training. It's not about learning how to go there, it's about learning how to come back.

Do you like :mudkip: ?

I've heard they are likeable, but I have no experience with the critters. Pokemon was one of those things I wasn't exposed to until it was way, way too late.

What has been your favorite role to play on the stage so far in your theatre career?

I'm about to reprise my role as Noel Coward in a play called "The Duchess" which concerns the life of Wallis Simpson and King Ed VIII in a wild magic-realism faerie realm, it's a crazy play and a fun role, I get to sing and dance and play piano and saxophone -- it pushes me to my limit, but it's super rewarding. Very much looking forward to doing it again (if anyone is in Vancouver in April y'all should come see it).

Is there a kind of role (i.e. comic relief, hammy villain, etc.) you feel you particularly excel at?

Nope. I tend to get cast as outrageously gay characters or pathetically earnest victim-types, although my resume is seeing a trend of Shakespearean villains, which I am quite proud of.

Who is your favourite Playwright, what do you like about their work?

BILLY SHAKES ALL THE WAY. Everything is there. Every trope is there. Every thought, worry, and hope of the human is articulated somewhere in that poetry. It is heightened, yes, but in the language is the truth.

Stephen Sondheim for living playwrights. I know they are musicals... maybe I have a thing for heightened language.

Favourite author?

In terms of novelists, my favourites are Kurt Vonnegut and Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I'm also quite fond of Jeanette Winterson, and GRRM has really impressed me with the ASOIAF series.

Special mention should go to my four best friends, who write short stories and novels set in my D&D world (one day, we hope to publish an Anthology).

Favourite present you received as a child?

The only name-brand toy I ever got was a Talkboy when I was six, and I must have made 20 tapes of me just blabbing and making up songs about turtles and stuff. Oh god my parents probably have a box full of them somewhere...

For what minimum amount of money would you eat the world's hottest chilli (The Carolina Reaper)?

Ten thousand dollars. I am assuming the chilli will not give me lasting damage. Health care in Canada is free, but if I am to be forever plagued with ulcers I want One Hundred Thousand Dollars.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I now ship Tifa/Zidane. Sure he's a bit cheesy, but she deserves someone who would treat her like a goddess :monster:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Based on you mentioning you wrote a song based on the Greek myth about Perseus, are you into Greek mythology? If so what's your favourite Greek myth? (Mine is the story of Persephone just for the record)

Top Bottom