• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #29: Ask Lex anything

Lex

Administrator
You have a feature wall in your ideal house, which you happen to own. What do you put on it?

I'd probably do a collage of FF logos honestly.

Would your ideal house even have a feature wall?

Probably not. By ideal I'm thinking 20-30's ideal penthouse style flat though, not the 40/50's victorian mansion I plan on raising my 5 fat children in.

Would your ideal house have a garden?

Later in life, yes. A big one. With decking and a big shed way up the back.

What kind of architectural style would your ideal house have? Is there style from a particular period in time and/or region of the world that takes your fancy? If of your own design out of your head, do describe.

I'm going to have to split this into two again.

20's/30's - Medical open-plan spacial style modern, lots of white with canvases and dark hardwood flooring over two floors. The entry door comes into a small hall behind the stairs, through this hall there is a large living space, an office off to the south where the stairs are. To the north is the TV, couch etc, the far northwest has the kitchen. The centre of the west wall has a bathroom. To the southwest is a door to a small but welcoming home office. The east wall is entirely windows, lots of light. The stairs lead to two bedrooms, one master with an en-suite and balcony, one guest bedroom.

Later - A large victorian style house over two floors - high ceilings etc., has an attic and a basement. Bay style windows everywhere, a turret would be nice on the upper right when facing from the outside (on the upper floor obviously). Door is in the centre of the house, up some steps. If you enter the front door there's a large hall, to the west there's a large dining room, northwest there's a kitchen (there's a door to the back in the kitchen), northeast a door to the basement in a small WC which is north of the sunroom, to the east of the entrance/hall there's a large living area. The stairs are at the end of the hall to the north. Upstairs there are 4 bedrooms and a bathroom, all bedrooms are a medium/large size and the two largest have an en-suite. There's a small extra door at the end of the upstairs corridor in which there are stairs to the attic. The attic is huge, dusty, and will probably be used as a bedroom at some point. There's a large circular window in the attic which is coloured mosaic style. The whole house is mainly dark wood floors and tiles with carpets upstairs. Warm colours in the dining room and bedrooms (reds etc.), light colours in the living spaces and kitchens. Plants and canvases everywhere. 20's style lighting brackets on most walls. A cotton thatched corner-couch in both the living area and sun room, with morrocan style furniture in the dining room. Modern looking kitchen though. I can't stand old style kitchens.

If you were to give your ideal house a name, what would it be?

I would do something cheesy like merge the names of my children if I was going to do that. We don't in general give houses names here unless they're in the country or they're bungalows.

You're given enough money to buy your ideal clothes. What clothes do you buy?

I like suits, leather jackets, expensive looking shirts and cowboy-style boots. I don't really mind about brand, I like what I think looks good and that often differs from what others would buy XD.

What are your eight (I think it's eight) Desert Island Discs? You have to give a brief rationale behind each one and they should sum up your life.

If you could only keep one, which one would you keep?

What would you take to read, besides the complete works of Shakespeare and the Bible?

Your one luxury?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Why don't you like brown eyes? Is it because they remind you of poo? :sadpanda:

Lex

Administrator
What are your eight (I think it's eight) Desert Island Discs? You have to give a brief rationale behind each one and they should sum up your life.

In order of being born to now:

1. Spice Girls - Viva Forever. Really strongly reminds me of being young. I had a bit of an obsession when I was around 6 years old.
2. Joe Satriani - Flying in a Blue Dream. One of my dads and one of the first rock songs I liked. If you haven't sat and listened to this before, do so now.
3. Alanis Morisette - Hand in my Pocket - Mother's equivalent (she used to love Alanis, like album on repeat love). I liked the sound of this one when I was younger but I only really appreciated it when I re-discovered it as an independent adult.
4. Avril Lavigne - Losing Grip - Absolutely defines my early teenage years. Much angsty XD.
5. Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek - I couldn't stop listening to this as a teenager and I was in a time of real confusion because I didn't know what was going on in my life and I was forced to leave school when I really didn't want to.
6. Evanescence - My Last Breath - Another angsty teenage one, but a song I still love. Tbh I'd rather take the whole Fallen album, but this is a favourite.
7. Crisis Core - Fulfilled Desire - I would take this song purely because I would need to take only one FF song, and while I love this one it allows me to cheat a bit by containing a few of FFVII's most recognisable themes :D
8. Hozier - Take me to Church - This absolutely describes my life and how I've felt with society for about 10 years. Another artist hasn't managed to convey this yet. And it's super odd because Hozier is straight. So well done him.

Honorable Mention: Muse - Bliss: This is definitely one of my all time favourite songs but it's a bit short so it's kind of wasteful. I relate to this songs lyrics re: romantic interests and the feeling of obsession that can take over when you're a bit less wise to the game XD.

That was very hard, and I could change every one of them because what I want to listen to varies on a pretty much momentary basis. I also thought about Josh Groban - Remember When it Rained. It was hard not to put that anywhere.

If you could only keep one, which one would you keep?

Either take me to church because it's so important or fulfilled desire because you'd get the most out of it :P

What would you take to read, besides the complete works of Shakespeare and the Bible?

I'm bad at these kinds of questions, because whatever I say will be usurped by what I'm in the mood for next week. There is no one book or set of books I'd be happy to be stuck with for the rest of my life. You might aswell take something with an overwhelming amount of content that could prompt many re-reads, so either the Game of Thrones books or the Tolkein collection.

Your one luxury?

I wouldn't want my phone because if you're going to be stuck there it doesn't help to see what everyone else is up to while you're sitting there unable to join in. I guess I'd like my PSP if there was a way to recharge it. I have every NES/SNES/Sega game, every PS FF, a shitload of PSP titles and music and stuff on there. It would keep me entertained for an incredibly long time if there was a way to keep it charged. Solar powered PSP :D

Has your day to day life changed appreciably since the Scottish independence referendum?

Not remotely, but considering the outcome I didn't expect it to. If it had gone the correct non-child-killing way, my life would still be the same because changes at this scale take time to implement. Short answer: no :D

Lex

Administrator
Why don't you like brown eyes? Is it because they remind you of poo? :sadpanda:

I love brown eyes and I think they're sexy as fuck on the right guy, I just tend to go for the more unusual rather than common. Eye colour is kind of irrelevant to me in a partner but admittedly if I was dating someone and I noticed they had green eyes they'd get points for that. I have "hazel" eyes which are a strong green in the light around the outside but to the average observer/ at a distance they just look brown. It's kind of an avoidance of traits that I have. I always wanted bright coloured eyes.

Ghost X

Some one gives you a calfskin wallet for your birthday. How do you react?

A boy shows you his butterfly collection and the killing jar. What do you do?

You're watching television, and notice there is a wasp on your arm. How would you react?

You're in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise that is crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't, not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

:closedmonster:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
What was it about FFVII that piqued your interest? What kept you hooked once you started playing?

What video game weapon would you wield as your own?

On the flip side, what weapon would suck to be saddled with?

Favourite Rayman game?

Are you a fan or player of any sports?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
What's your ultimate dream job?

What's one big life dream you would like to achieve, but realistically have come to accept is unlikely, due to your own choices/circumstances/talents/etc.?

What's one big life goal you want to achieve, and think that you still can?

If you have to entertain yourself for 1 hour using a stick, a spring, and a bowl of water, what would you do?

How many more questions would you like me to ask, and how serious would you like them to be?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
What question haven't you been asked that you would like most to answer?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

You're watching television, and notice there is a wasp on your arm. How would you react?

You're in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise that is crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't, not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

:closedmonster:
are you trying to ask if he's a lesbian?

are you a lesbian, lex?

Cabaret

Donator
What led you towards studying microbiology?

What job do you hope that to lead to?

Would you consider living in another city in/region of Britain? What would be the draws & deal breakers?

Lex

Administrator

Given that it's unlikely I'd recognise it as a calfskin wallet, I'd probably go "oh thanks for the gift" and transfer the contents of my wallet into it since I usually need a new wallet XD.

Test him for psychopathy

The colour would drain from my face and I would start to shake involuntarily - or I would freeze. Then the wasp would leave my arm, I would promptly leave the room and either have a ptsd panic attack or I'd vomit.

If I'm not helping that turtle, it's because I'm being stopped. If I'm in the desert maybe I'm being dragged somewhere by ISIS XD.

What was it about FFVII that piqued your interest? What kept you hooked once you started playing?

I was at my grandparents house and my uncle had recently bought a Playstation that came with FFVII and a memory card. The Playstation lived there for some reason. FFVII was in the console. On it popped. I think what piqued my interest was how incredibly different it was to anything else I'd ever experienced before. I used to play it with my cousin - I used to avoid playing it until I was with my cousin because getting a game over used to emotionally devastate me and I would think I was never ever going to make more progress (I didn't understand how levelling etc. worked). This was to the point where I couldn't beat Gi Nattak in Cosmo Canyon (yes, the one hit KO undead dude) and I distinctly remember my party's HP levels being around the 600-700 mark, which is arguably quite low for that point in the game if you're kind of just blindly running through it and you're 7 years old.

I skipped a lot of battles, which is why that happened - again, I didn't understand the levelling mechanic. I knew levels went up from battles but for some reason my brain didn't connect the dots from me not doing that to me failing. So determined was I to continue that I started the game again from the beginning.

Long story short, I fell in love with everything about the game. I liked the characters, the story, "special graphics" (which is what I called CGI when I was a young child XD) and the world. Since I barely understood what was happening in the story my main motivation was to see these mini movies as I progressed through the game.

What video game weapon would you wield as your own?

Biotics from Mass Effect. Not sure if that qualifies. If it doesn't, probably the Buster Sword.

On the flip side, what weapon would suck to be saddled with?

I always thought the Masamune would be a pain in the ass to walk around with. Realistically it would drag behind you and getting through doors would be an incredibly annoying issue XD.

Favourite Rayman game?

Origins. Objectively Legends is better in almost every way, it's more varied, the gameplay is more refined, it's a bit more colourful. Origins is a bit quirkier and a lot harder, and there are speedrun challenges. There are speedrun challenges in Legends too but they're not the same, they're like mini variations of the levels. In Origins you hit a clock at the start and get through the level as fast as you can, but it's the same level. I thought that was cooler.

Are you a fan or player of any sports?

I like watching the winter sports. I don't play any.

What's your ultimate dream job?

I no longer have one. The sting of true adulthood is realising that nothing is perfect, and while I know I'd be happier doing certain jobs than others I don't have a dream job. It used to be singing, but I don't have the temperament to sing karaoke never mind sing and possibly embarrass myself in front of millions of people. I used to want to be a game designer, then I realised that I wouldn't be happy because software developers sneer at them for taking a job that doesn't pay as well just because it's a game-related job, and the employers all treat you like shit. The closest equivalent I have to a "dream" job is probably freelance videogame journalism, but I'd want to be paid moderately well and "freelance" and "moderate pay" don't work together. Such a job would never support the lifestyle that I want, so I'm happy sporadically doing something that's semi-equivalent while I manage to actually build up a lifestyle from a real career.

What's one big life dream you would like to achieve, but realistically have come to accept is unlikely, due to your own choices/circumstances/talents/etc.?

I'm having a hard time answering this question because I don't like to impose limits like that and try not to have any regrets. I suppose the easiest answer is having kids. It's incredibly unlikely that I'm going to have children, but I always wanted them. I would never adopt alone and the chance of finding another person to share my life with who I am at least semi-confident is going to stick around is slim. Statistics are annoying. A small percentage of the population are MSM, a small percentage of those would be happy with monogamy, a small percentage of those are people that I'm attracted to/ could spend my life with, and a minute percentage of THOSE people want children. It's not even me being picky about a partner, it's just that the numbers are against me :monster:

What's one big life goal you want to achieve, and think that you still can?

Visit some major spots in the US that I'm interested in visiting (I'm probably going to spend half a year or so moving around the country when I've got the money), and living in Canada - at least for a trial run.

If you have to entertain yourself for 1 hour using a stick, a spring, and a bowl of water, what would you do?

I would probably just swirl the water around with the stick and ignore the spring. I like water. Endless fun. I might take some bits of water and make some parts of my hair wet and others not then braid my hair XD.

How many more questions would you like me to ask, and how serious would you like them to be?

As many as you want and as serious as you want. I don't know if people get much out of the silly questions, I have no problems answering serious questions so fire away :monster:

What question haven't you been asked that you would like most to answer?

I won't know it until someone asks it, and then it'll be irrelevant :D. This question is officially unanswerable to me :)

are you a lesbian, lex?

No :D

What led you towards studying microbiology?

I kind of fell into it. But I do love it, and I stuck with it because I found it interesting. Infection Biology is the most medically relevant subject area period, and I find everything about it interesting.

What job do you hope that to lead to?

Medical Diagnostics, whether that be in a lab or as a diagnostician. I'm still going down that road.

Would you consider living in another city in/region of Britain? What would be the draws & deal breakers?

I would like to live in smaller places like Inverness but they don't have any kind of gay social scene so I'd feel very much like the only gay in the village even though I know that's not the case.

I've considered Brighton for obvious reasons, also I have a relative staying there and I miss him (he's originally from Peterborough). I thought about Belfast because I love the Northern Irish accent, and I've thought about London because I like the solo-independence thing. I realise you're constantly surrounded by people but it's not the same as being alone, and there's something about just being alone and cutting all ties that I find attractive. I tend to like coastal towns and stuff too but the aversion to the gay in most of them is off-putting (small town minds). The dealbreaker in any place is usually attitudes toward gay men.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Lex said:
I won't know it until someone asks it, and then it'll be irrelevant :D. This question is officially unanswerable to me :)
I am now the official winner of this thread. What do I win?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
^you win this delightful pat butcher clock
41RoaaYYljL._SY300_.jpg

@Lex, are there any songs you can't listen to because they make you emotional?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Was kinda hoping for a pair of Dot Cotton Cotton Socks but this is fine.

Lex

Administrator
I am now the official winner of this thread. What do I win?

A day of sex with yourself. Gz

@Lex, are there any songs you can't listen to because they make you emotional?

Sometimes I listen to songs because they make me emotional. If there's one that makes me emotional that I actively choose not to listen to it's Godspeed by the Dixie Chicks. And it doesn't make me teary-eyed emotional, it upsets me in a different way. My mum "dedicated" this song to me numerous times and the lyrics are really sweet but listening to it gives me an odd mix of anger and depression (complex relationship), and I know that if I outlive her (as children tend to do) I'll probably have an emotional and possibly even mental breakdown if it ever pops on unexpectedly.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Would/have you read smutty yuri literature/fanfiction?

Choose two guys from this forum to have a threesome with.

srsly could not come up with anything else to ask

Lex

Administrator
Would/have you read smutty yuri literature/fanfiction?

I'm sure I have before, but I'm also sure this is before I knew what "yuri" was XD. I wouldn't read it, it doesn't do anything for me.

Choose two guys from this forum to have a threesome with.

Omg wai.

OK I think GLD firstly - because if I was a woman or he swung in my direction (and wasn't with the lovely Clicky) we'd be bedroom compatible in a few important ways. Then - based purely on how attractive I think he is from the photos he's posted in the past - Xelazander.

There are so many other options but those two have the added benefit of likely never reading this. I was going to say Hito for obvious reasons but 1. I don't know Hito too well so it seems rude, 2. I don't know how into threesomes he is, 3. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of Hito and 4. I don't want to freak him out (which I may have just done but oh well :monster: )

Top Bottom