• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #3: Ask Octo anything

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This is a new thing we're doing where we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=1830]Octo[/member], who has elected to share the following information:
General info: Humanoid female. From the North of England. Not religious. Married. One child. No Job. Qualified art teacher (LOL!) Zero career prospects. History of depression (whoop-de-do) anxiety and anger. 2 younger brothers, parents still living. No pets. Er....thats it.

Hopefully you lot can uncover something interesting about me.....PLEASE :monster:

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
If you were to ever get a pet what would you get?

Do you want a pet in future?

I can answer these two together :monster: Yeah in future when Freybs is a bit older, and we're settled somewhere I definitely want to get a pet.

If we're being sensible, I would probably get a cat. I like dogs too, but cat's look after themselves (more than dogs) and I'm lazy. Plus it's awesome to snuggle in bed with a cat (strictly platonic!)

If we're talking money/sense no object, I wouldn't mind owning a lemur - a troop of lemurs, they're social animals. A pelican would also be hilarious, and one of those giant crabs would be cool, a housecrab, clacking away on the laminate flooring.

Can you list your top 5 favorite SNES games? If you can...please provide list.

Just 5?! Ok in no particular order:

Secret of Mana

Starfox/Starwing

F-Zero

Legend of Zelda Link to the Past

Mario Kart

(there a others, but these are the ones I actually owned/played back in the day)

*tries to think of a question*

Errr...how are you? :monster:

Today, I have been everywhere between psychotically brittle and weirdly detached. Right now, I'm languid. :monster:

Would you put your brain in a robot body?

What kind of robot? A sexy Motoko Kusinagi type robot? Or a rubbish robot like Robocop (sorry but he is rubbish) The former - yeah in a fucking heartbeat I would do that. This body I have at present is more trouble than it's worth.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Cab said:
What's your yummiest comfort food?

Right now, nuts - pistachios and cashews in particular. But thats cos I am on a health kick.

Unhealthy - Hagen Dazs did some chocolate pralines and caramel ice cream that was an orgasm in a tub.

but also, the holy trinity of a cadburys caramel, a (glass) bottle of pepsi and a packet of walkers salt and vinegar crisps - reminds me of childhood.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
What kind of robot? A sexy Motoko Kusinagi type robot? Or a rubbish robot like Robocop (sorry but he is rubbish) The former - yeah in a fucking heartbeat I would do that. This body I have at present is more trouble than it's worth.
Your choice :oscar:

But you're limited to being 5 feet tall.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Your choice :oscar:

But you're limited to being 5 feet tall.

Thats only 3in shorter than I am already. I can live with being a sexy robot dwarf.....

*thinks about Ghost in the Shell/Hobbit crossover fanfiction

*stops thinking about Ghost in the Shell/Hobbit crossover fanfiction

*disaster averted

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go, and who would you want to go with?

There are a few places I want to go, Japan has always fascinated me, but I'd also love to go to New Zealand, Easter Island, Switzerland and Norway.

As for who I'd take with me, Freybs - I know shes pretty small now, but I'd like her to see more of the world than I have (Furthest I've been is the southern coast of Spain!)

Cabaret

Donator
How'd you meet Mr Octo and how did you guys get together?

What do you like to drink first thing in the morning?

Are you a creature of habit or do you like to try new things?

Where would be your ideal place to live n bring up Freybs?

Are you gonna reproduce more or is one enough of that malarky thank you very much indeed.

What song do you like singing at the top of your lungs when you're alone?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
How did you come to have Octo as a username?

Also, wanna team up and form a faction called the 'Nothings', wherein our modus operandi is to fill out various government and application forms purely so we can mark the 'employment status' section with, 'nothing' in the hopes that they'll take pity on us and change it to...something? :closedmonster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
How'd you meet Mr Octo and how did you guys get together?

I was an internet troll, back in the days when people actually used chatrooms. I was slagging stuff off, and he sort of engaged with me and we got chatting and stuff, for like 9000 years - turned out he didn't live too far from me. Then cybersex (lol) Then we realised we were kind of attached to each other.

What do you like to drink first thing in the morning?

I'm not really a morning person, and I can't really eat or drink much until I've been awake for a couple of hours. Really I just drink whatever - water or juice, but I've been known to have a glass of coke for breakfast before. I don't drink tea - I've never liked it. I drink coffee very rarely, but not in the morning.

Are you a creature of habit or do you like to try new things?
I want to try new things, but I'm a big chicken, so I guess that makes me a creature of habit.

Where would be your ideal place to live n bring up Freybs?

Hobbiton :monster: Seriously though somewhere semi-rural. A nice decently sized house with a big fuck off garden, and where there is a genuine sense of community. But not a big load of Wicker Man psychos. TBH where we are right now (West Lancs) is great, I just wish we could afford to buy round here :sadpanda:

Are you gonna reproduce more or is one enough of that malarky thank you very much indeed.

It's weird, most of the time I don't want another kid, because Freybs is so awesome I can only imagine baby no2 would be a bit rubbish :lol: and being pregnant and having to run about after her would be a nightmare, and deep down I just want to have the best chance of getting Freybs raised properly, and get to spend quality time with her while she grows up. But sometimes I do wonder what it would be like....and I would totally have Thorin Oakenshields dwarf babies :monster:

What song do you like singing at the top of your lungs when you're alone?

:lol: Even when I'm alone in the car I'm still a little inhibited, but only yesterday I was singing 'It Don't Come Easy' by George Harrison, and 'Sweet Child of Mine' by Guns'n'Roses. I actually think I'd be quite good at singing given a bit of coaching. Bonus fact - when I was 2 I used to hum Beethovens 9th/Ode to Joy in the back of the car. My parents thought I was a genius. Proved them wrong :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
How did you come to have Octo as a username?

When I first came on here I was only coming to ask a question, didn't think I'd be sticking around much, and I didn't want to use my old ACF name (Mudskii). I'd recently seen this http://shirtoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/octorawk-shirt.jpg so I called myself 'Octorawk' and then it stuck and got shortened. Funnily enough my house number is 8 :monster:

Also, wanna team up and form a faction called the 'Nothings', wherein our modus operandi is to fill out various government and application forms purely so we can mark the 'employment status' section with, 'nothing' in the hopes that they'll take pity on us and change it to...something? :closedmonster:

Sounds like the kind of tiny act of rebellion I can get on board with. :lol:

Cabaret

Donator
That whole pregnant glow thing... it's propaganda right? (Preggers best time of your life or pain in the arse?)

Did you have to give up anything when you were pregnant? Was that easy or tough?

You know how they say you need to work at a relationship etc etc, do you agree or is living with a bloke easy?

Did you crush on Axel, Slash, Duff or Izzy? (This says a lot about a person imo :monster: )

If you could somebody else for a day, who would you be and what would you do with your twenty-four hours?

What is the first real ambition you can consciously remember having?

Bucket-list item least likely to be fulfilled?

Gardening: do you prefer use or ornament. That is, do you prefer cultivating things that are pretty to look at or things you can eat?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
That whole pregnant glow thing... it's propaganda right? (Preggers best time of your life or pain in the arse?)

I can honestly say it was the happiest I've ever been in my whole life. I did start to look like shit towards the end - bloated and swollen feet - but I didn't really care about all that. Sleeping was a bit difficult (I like to sleep on my front) but yeah it was great.

Did you have to give up anything when you were pregnant? Was that easy or tough?
Booze, but I was already getting tired of booze anyway. I did kind of miss the odd glass of Rose wine or Crabbies but it wasn't terribly difficult. Oh and goats cheese - but then I learned it's ok if its cooked.

You know how they say you need to work at a relationship etc etc, do you agree or is living with a bloke easy?
Personally, I think it's a crock. Anything you enjoy shouldn't feel like fucking work. I think the problem is expectations of relationships - I don't think it's really possible to feel the same about someone 10, 15, 25 years down the line. That doesn't mean you don't like them, just that it's different. My problem is that I'm addicted to the 'in love' feeling - I want fucking butterflies all of the time (I think this is because I have trouble with subtle feelings - I have to be at one extreme or another) This is probably why I always have a crush on someone. :monster:

Having said all of that. I would probably be best off living alone, I'm not a very tidy person :lol:

Did you crush on Axel, Slash, Duff or Izzy? (This says a lot about a person imo :monster: )
Oh jesus, I don't think I ever crushed on any of them. If I had to choose I'd say Slash, because he seems like an easygoing sort, and he's the bestest at guitaring.

If you could somebody else for a day, who would you be and what would you do with your twenty-four hours?

That's a difficult one. I could be Putin, and reveal to the world what a hugely corrupt twat I am and publicise all my secret 'I am a twat' documents.

OR

I could be a premiership footballer, and be deliberately rubbish and enrage all of the fans. Just for a laugh.

What is the first real ambition you can consciously remember having?
I wanted to be a nurse/part time hairdresser when I was 5 or something. Then when I was a teenager I wanted to be in a band. Then later I wanted to live in Japan. I came closest to the second one - as in I can sort of play guitar quite badly, and I was once in the room when my friend was writing a terrible song.

Bucket-list item least likely to be fulfilled?
Probably 'write a bucket list' :monster: It's funny, even now I can't think of anything specific where I think I'll be truly gutted if I didn't do it before I died. But I know I'll be lamenting that I didn't live enough.

Hmm, but to answer the question properly, a MFM threesome. I like the idea but it would probably be fucking terrible anyway and I'd end up crying afterward. Maybe I'll get a chance in the nursing home. :wacky:

Gardening: do you prefer use or ornament. That is, do you prefer cultivating things that are pretty to look at or things you can eat?
I like a bit of both - the owner of this house was a keen gardner, its kind of small but they made it interesting, Theres an olive tree, a blackcurrant bush and some mint and rosemary.

We once tried growing peppers in the flat, but it didn't work out. We started with 20 seedlings, 3 plants survived and we got 1 pepper about the size of a tangerine.

I'd love to do a 'Good Life' and be self sufficient though. It would be awesome if I had enough room for that kind of thing, but I'd probably have to make Mage come and sort it all out for me :lol:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I'm just gonna ask outright, how is babnog?

If you were stranded on a desert island what 5 things would you bring with you to survive.

Favourite fruit?

Favourite veg?

Favourite biscuit?

Favourite non alcoholic beverage

Favourite alcoholic beverage.

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

Cabaret

Donator
What colour would you never dye your hair?

would you ever get a perm?

Have you ever had a hair cut disaster?

What was your fav 3 films that got you through teen years?

Top 5 bands that are significant to you and why pls.

(I say 3 and 5, but these numbers aren't strict and you wan't be marked down for not staying within the confines of the question. :D )

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I'm just gonna ask outright, how is babnog?
Shes great, she still gets mistaken for a boy because she refuses to grow any hair. She's getting better at talking - she constantly surprises us with the words she knows eg - the hub thing we have for internet, she calls it 'the broadband' - we have never called it that, and it was only the other day when an advert for BT came on, with a picture of the same hub that I realised where she got it from.

If you were stranded on a desert island what 5 things would you bring with you to survive.

Favourite fruit?

Favourite veg?

Favourite biscuit?

Favourite non alcoholic beverage

Favourite alcoholic beverage.

Fave fruit - cherries, or nectarines

Veg - Sweet potatoes - they're versitile and easy to cook, and nutritious.

Biccy - I'm guessing I cant have Jaffa Cakes? Then Tunnocks Caramel wafers win.

Non alcoholic beverage - Used to be coke/pepsi but I know that is poison now, so Apple and Raspberry juice or Orange and passionfruit J20.

Alcoholic beverage - I like wine, and I like alchoholic ginger beer, but I think I'd take Baileys with me, because I wouldn't be able to get rotten drunk (I'd be sick before that happened), just slightly merry.

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

Probably climbing in the quarry without any equipment, there were a few parts where you had to edge along on your tiptoes, and had I fallen I probably would have been seriously injured, but I used to do it on a near daily basis over the summer when I was about 12-13.

This is the view from the top down (not my pic) http://www.simonjonesphotography.net/galleries/climb-04/images/IMG_4745.jpg

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
What colour would you never dye your hair?

Black probably, I've been black in the past, and I've decided that unless you have naturally black hair you shouldn't dye it that way or risk looking like shit, very very very dark brown is much better. I was blonde as a kid and always wanted dark hair like snow white - but a few years ago I tried to dye it blonde and ended up orange/yellow.

would you ever get a perm?
If it was guaranteed to work and it wasn't going to be a ball ache to look after yeah I would. I've always loved Alison Goldfrapp's hair, and it would be awesome to get it like that. Lately though I just dry my hair naturally and it has a nice 'beachy' wave - as they say.
Have you ever had a hair cut disaster?
Oh yes. I once had some sort of fucking bowl cut type thing when I was small - done by a professional! And when I was about 16 I was going for a sort of soft chin length thing and ended up with a very severe bob - My hair is stupidly thick and I don't think the hairdresser knew what to do with it. Fortunately no pictures of that exist.

What was your fav 3 films that got you through teen years?

HEATHERS! OMG fucking Heathers. I had a huge crush on Christian Slater (and Winona Ryder come to think of it!) because of that film. Also I think it sort of taught me a lot about highschool popularity bullshit - even though it didn't sink in until much later.

Die Hard - Ok this is a weird one, but my friend had a crush on Bruce Willis, and so we ended up watching that an awful lot, to the point where we could quote it verbatim. Brings back memories.

Ghost in the Shell - This was just an awesome and beautiful film, and it opened my eyes that there were non-Hollywood films out there, and that foriegn films weren't all black and white stuff with old men crying over chess boards and shit :monster:

Top 5 bands that are significant to you and why pls.

(I say 3 and 5, but these numbers aren't strict and you wan't be marked down for not staying within the confines of the question. :D )

I can't put these in a specific order.

Nirvana - my first 'proper' (ie not pop shite) band. Was properly obsessed, though funnily enough I didn't get into them until about 4 months after Kurt died. They were one of the bands me and my best friend used to obsess over - we crushed on Dave Grohl before it was fashionable.

Manic Street Preachers - Quelle suprise. They got a lot of flak - and again I was a johnny come lately, didn't get into them until after Richey fucked off. But I loved all their old stuff, and I admired how they never went with the flow - they always seemed to be in opposition to everything that was mainstream at the time. Also Nicky Wire was a sexy lanky ladymanboy, and James was a sexy short welshman and even though they had a few wobbles I can still appreciate their later stuff. Also they got me thinking about politics, and looking up authors and philosophers that I never would have even thought about otherwise.

Talking Heads - they're just cool. They make me wish I was around in 1980. Stop Making Sense is probably the best live album ever.

Devo - I love electronic music and these guys are the granddaddys of all that, theres just something very unique and enduring about them. They're retro and futuristic in a way I really like.

Sparks - most people only remember This Town Ain't Big Enough For the Both of Us. But again, a very unique band. I think they've written a song about almost everything, the tunes are catchy and the lyrics are very witty - check out Lighten Up Morrissey or Upstairs.

Top Bottom