• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #3: Ask Octo anything

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
How did you discover Final Fantasy? Was VII the first you played?

Yeah, FFVII was the first I ever played. I remember reading a feature on it in the Official UK Playstation mag - it sounded right up my alley as I was heavily into cyberpunk type stuff. Oddly enough - at the time- I thought the logo for the game was a depiction of the planet and Midgar itself. Which in retrospect is mental, but I really liked the idea of this ridiculously huge city pulling the planet off balance.

My cousin had Mystic Quest on the SNES, but as I'd already played Secret of Mana - the graphics looked awful to me and I lost interest. But that doesn't really count does it?

What phone do you use?

Samsung Galaxy S2, I've had it since 2011. Does everything I want it to do, though I have had to factory reset it twice now, I think it might be on it's way out. :( I wasn't really into the idea of touchscreen phones until Mr Octo got one and it seemed pretty good.

What is your least favourite letter of the alphabet?

Probably all the redundant ones, Do we really need C and K? KAKE? FASE? Get rid of C.

At the moment I don't like Q, for some raisin every time I go to handwrite it I end up drawing an 8 - My handwriting has deteriorated. Also, from a thread a while back:

I said:
Also I am sure this info is totally irrelevant to your research but I associate colours with the alphabet. Letters A through J are warm colours - reds, oranges and yellows whereas K to Z are cool - greens, blues and purples.

This is probably down to seeing some sort of coloured wall chart at an early age but its something that has always stuck with me. Even more weirdly I feel that the letters have personalities! A -J are jerks in my opinion, its like they think they're better than the others, K-Z are more laid back, but also underdogs in some respects :lol:

I don't know why I think that :monster:

Cabaret

Donator
3 favourite make up looks.

Who's that bloke in your avatar?

Preferred night out with the girls would involve.....?

When you wake up in the morning, what makes you boogie?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Why are you so awesome? :)

What would a perfect day be like, for you?

I'm not awesome, you just percieve me to be so :monster: I will however concede that I'm not totally fucking shit.

3 celebs you have a crush on.

Right now? Richard Armitage, Aidan Turner aaaaannnd....I can't think of another one right now, but at the moment its about 90% Armitage :monster:

How do you make an apple pie from scratch?
Oh jesus...I dunno. I don't think I can remember how to make pastry. I can make Apple Crumble from scratch though - 300g plain flour, 175g sugar and 200g butter, plus a pinch of salt. You're meant to smush it all together and then rub it between your fingers to form 'breadcrumbs' but its easier to just wazz it in a blender. Then peel and chop up like at least 4 apples (I like Pink Ladies) and put your dish with 50g sugar and a bit of cinnamon (you can put cinnamon in the crumble too) smush it all about and then cover it with the crumble topping. then fling it in the oven for about 40-45 mins on 180 degrees Celsius.

3 favourite make up looks.

I used to wear lots more makeup, but right now I just do basic foundation, blusher, mascara and eyeliner (on the inside rim of the top lid) so I guess that is my favourite look. I try to look 'dewy' and natural instead of sweaty.

On a special occasion I add a bit of plum/heather colour eyeshadow - it goes nice with brown eyes. Plus I have a lipstain pen thing in a sort of browny pink colour - doesn't last long though.

If I'm feeling vampy though I do very dark brown/plum eyeshadow, but only in the crease, I try to go for a Robert Palmer Addicted to Love girl look, but with a more neutral lipgloss (I don't have straight enough teeth to carry off bright red without looking like the Joker)

Who's that bloke in your avatar?
Thorin Oakenshield from the Hobbit, looking swagestic :monster:

Preferred night out with the girls would involve.....?
Hmm, probably a relaxed pub where they don't play any music made after 1996, that isn't full of pervy old men, but not full of hipster douches either. Somewhere studenty, but where you can actually hear yourself talk. We probably get chatted up by some guys who have no idea how old we actually are, and though it doesn't come to anything it's flattering. Then we dance about to oldies, and if we're drunk enough we do air guitar. Then we talk shite for ages to the point where we keep losing the thread of what we we're trying to say. Thats when we know to go home :monster:

When you wake up in the morning, what makes you boogie?
Probably being chased by a wasp. I never have any get-up-and-go in the mornings, and hardly ever listen to music out loud anyway.

Dwarves.

Why dwarves? :monster:

Because Peter fucking Jackson made them sexy, or at least 3 of them. I tried to fight it, I really did, because though I am queen of the weird crushes, this has to be the weirdest. But watch the Hobbit, when Thorin arrives at Bag End, he smiles (at Kili and Fili I think) and that smile, if you had a vagina, you would have to change your underwear. Oh my yes. Plus, to be honest I was getting sick of having crushes on unattainable* prettyboys, whereas Dwarves...they don't give a shit. They hate Elves, so they're not going to want you to be a supermodel, and they won't give a shit if you don't shave your legs either. I feel like I could be myself. Plus have you seen their fingers? :faints:

Dwarves are awesome. :monster:
*I realise the irony of this.

Cabaret

Donator
Thorin Oakenshield from the Hobbit, looking swagestic

Ohhhhhhh! Of course! This is why airplanes should not show films - or why i should watch films again

What's a good hangover cure for you?
What's your favourite season and why?
How do you feel about American spelling?
Do you speak any other languages? Which would you like to learn and why?
What's Mr Octo's take on TLS?
Do you pop corn, salted or sweet?
Do you keep corny mementos? like wine corks from special dinners or stuff.
Do you dress Freybs up in cute/weird clothes and stuff for fun/to embarrass her when she's older?
Did you make daisy chains or participate in other flower kid culture (eg butter cups under chin / making fairy rings etc) at school?
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Are you organised when it comes to things like dr dentist banking etc, or do you let the spirits guide you?
Showers and baths: Which do you prefer? / Do you relax a long time in em? or is that just annoying? / Are they a good place for sexy sexy in your opinion?
Are you more of a beach or mountain person - or does some other geography exist?

I feel you should also know that I love you with my heart upon my sleeve for you cos you're so amazing. :loveglomp:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
If you're life had a theme song, what would it be?

Probably 'Touch of Grey' by the Grateful Dead. It's saying 'Yeah it's shit - but it'll be ok' and thats something I have to keep reminding myself.

Was it weird growing up with the name "Octo"?
Off course :monster: But there are worse names, I've got off lightly compared with Zowie Bowie, Moon Unit Zappa, North West and Morrocan Carey.

Are you related to anyone famous that you are aware of? Now or historically.
Not really, I'm decended from a long line of cesspit cleaners. :sadpanda:

what does an ideal birthday look like to you
A warm sunny day with a light breeze, and a garden party - where all the guests are people I actually like and we sit around laughing and joking until we fall asleep. Lots of nummy foodstuffs, but no jelly - I fucking hate jelly and it's MY birthday so I get to be a fascist and stop other people eating jelly. Also presents that are the kind of thing you didn't know you wanted until you we're given it.

Will you ever come on Skype? :D

^Following that can we hear your wonderful voice?

You guys! I won't rule it out completely, but I'm so cringy about talking online it might damage my pancreas - I'd end up talking over people because I can't read the cues like in real life. And my voice sucks, I don't have the worst scouse accent but I still think it sounds horrible. So maybe....one day.... :p

What's a good hangover cure for you?

Not drinking at all! :lol: Actually I just drink loads of water and try and flush out the bad - doubt that is scientific but it makes me feel less dessicated. But also, I often used to make sure I puked before going to bed. I didn't stick my fingers down my throat or anything, It was pretty easy to puke when I just bend over the toilet and think of gross stuff. Damage limitation I call it. But y'know, probably not a healthy thing to do on a regular basis.

What's your favourite season and why?
It's hard to choose, I think summer - despite it sometimes being too fucking hot - does me good psychologically. Everything looks better when the sun shines, even bits of roadkill :monster: But I like winter too, I like how pretty frost and snow makes everything look - I'm actually really looking forward to winter here, it's really flat and we have big skies and I reckon when it snows it's going to look just like The Snowman.

How do you feel about American spelling?
I don't mind it most of the time, but the Aluminium/Aluminum thing bugs me the most. But thats more because of pronunciation. I think spelling in general needs to be streamlined, the English language is fucking hard enough for non-speakers to learn as it is. I realise that would make evry wun tipe lik dis doh.
Do you speak any other languages? Which would you like to learn and why?
I've retained some basic french from school. If I'm in France and I need a pen, or a pencil, or some cheese - no problem. Thats about it though. Obviously it would be great to learn Japanese - just so I could buy import games and read manga without a translator, but that's fucking hard. I do feel incredibly lucky to be a native English speaker and I'm full of admiration with all the guys and gals here who are ESL because I honestly wouldn't have known if they hadn't said. I fear if it was the other way around it would be all ROMANES EUNT DOMUS/People called Romanes they go the house :lol:

What's Mr Octo's take on TLS?
He think's I spend too much time online, but I think he accepts that I don't really do real life friends (I have friends but I see them like every other month) I do tend to get tunnel vision when I'm on here, especially if theres some great debate going on.
Do you pop corn, salted or sweet?
Never pop it myself, I only like butterkist toffee flavour, though it's usually only a film night/cinema thing and it pisses me off when the bits get stuck in your teeth.

Do you keep corny mementos? like wine corks from special dinners or stuff.
A bit, I have tickets from when we went to see the Mighty Boosh, and letters my friends sent me, I also have weird crap that I've found on nights out - like odd earrings. A plectrum a guy in college gave me (he didn't know I had a crush on him) I also have some of Mr Octo's old warhammer figures - when he was 11 he put his arm through a glass door and got a really deep cut. When he had the stitches out they let him keep them in a jar - he gave me that for my 19th birthday :lol: (It's ok he bought me Bladerunner on dvd too!) I've also got Freybs first babygrow, socks, shoes and one of her (unused) nappies -it's ridiculous to see how small she was compared with now. Oh and I have our hospital tags and her umbilical cord stump/peg - which is kinda gross :lol:

I'm a terrible hoarder though, I once had a stamp collection from when I worked in the mailroom of the Criminal Records office- the job was mind numbing and collecting interesting stamps made it bearable. I also used to collect the little soy bottle fish from Sushi - It felt bad thowing a poor little fish away. I think I had about 70 of them by the time I got a fucking grip. I should have made something out of them....

Do you dress Freybs up in cute/weird clothes and stuff for fun/to embarrass her when she's older?
We dressed her up as a Taxi Driver once
2013-01-04%2021.10.41-1_zpsxastsrh2.jpg
"Not goin saaf uv the riva at this time of nite mate"
Serves her right for not growing any hair. The blue polo shirt came off ebay - It was a 2 pack and the other one was a cookie monster tshirt (I really should have taken a pic of her wearing that) We bought her bunny ears last easter, but she broke them, and she had a Shrek hat and a Gruffalo suit too. I always said I wouldn't put her in stuff but it's too cute/funny to resist.

Did you make daisy chains or participate in other flower kid culture (eg butter cups under chin / making fairy rings etc) at school?
Not just at school, at home too. My parents were a bit hippyish, if I'd been born at the right time I would have been running about naked at Woodstock. I've always been into nature and stuff - I've also discovered that everyone likes butter!. Looking forward to teaching Freybs how to make daisy chains.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Someone who is decently paid for something not intolerable. I dunno, I might end up using that teaching qual eventually, but I don't think I could ever teach in a college. I might try and do art/craft sessions for people, when I did teacher training the placement I was on didn't have enough hours for me to do, so I ended up doing some sessions at the SEN department, and I really enjoyed that - but then I never really had to deal with anything major - so I might go get qualified for that.

Are you organised when it comes to things like dr dentist banking etc, or do you let the spirits guide you?
Semi organised. I managed to register with a doctor within a month of moving here, but we still don't have a dentist. As for banking I do all that online, I hate it when people give me cheques because its such a ball ache going in branch. But I try to keep on top of stuff, I hate things hanging over me.

Showers and baths: Which do you prefer? / Do you relax a long time in em? or is that just annoying? / Are they a good place for sexy sexy in your opinion?
Baths probably, I like to wallow as long as possible but then I stand up and use the shower to wash my hair - thus wasting as much water as possible. Sex in the bath - in theory it's great, if you have a huge bathtub - but whenever I tried it it was just uncomfortable. Sex in the shower - only if you have one of those non slip mats, which have got to be the least erotic item ever, otherwise I'd just be thinking I was going to slip over and get concussion off the taps.

Are you more of a beach or mountain person - or does some other geography exist?
I think I'm a forest/mountain person - I like winding paths going uphill and down dale, I like a good canopy of trees, preferably with bluebells under them, and then its awesome when you come out of a secluded area into a vast open space with views as far as the eye can see.

I feel you should also know that I love you with my heart upon my sleeve for you cos you're so amazing. :loveglomp:
I love you too, and I think if we we're geographically close, I would have come round to your house and eaten all of your food by now. I hope thats not presumptuous :monster:

EDIT: Just realised I didn't answer Alex's question properly
What would a perfect day be like, for you?
A huge lie-in, getting up about 11-12. Then we'd go shopping, and I'd miraculously have money, and every item of clothing would look awesome on me but also be in the sale. Then we'd go somewhere like the zoo or the aquarium and take a picnic. Then later we'd go out for dinner - somewhere unfussy like Pizza Express, and then to the cinema, where there would be something actually fucking good on like a Coen brothers film. Then we'd go to the beach to watch the sun go down, mosey on home and sit on the couch watching comedy shows until we fell asleep.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Cab said:
I reckon in a few weeks time it's gonna be do you spit or swallow? Favourite morning wank fantasy. Police criminal record details. etc

I could answer the first, but the second is wildly variable. I don't have a criminal record (yet) :monster:

Well then, get on with it :awesome:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Swallow, obviously. I mean it's never going to taste nice but you might as well get it over with, spitting is pointless as it's already in your mouth, and unless you have a drink to hand you're still going to have the taste. Plus it's just more efficient :monster:

Too much information?

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
As the first female spolight member I just have to ask, what is your favourite colour of Nail Polish :awesome:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
As the first female spolight member I just have to ask, what is your favourite colour of Nail Polish :awesome:

I can only choose one?! Well I like this one Dark Sky http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MM1hnhNgxbg/TLGPfihstDI/AAAAAAAAAIA/bHuxkn7pR7Q/s320/LOREAL+DARK+SKY.JPG kind of hard to tell in the pic but its a very dark purple/grey.

But I also like Dusky Mauve by Barry M http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c82/EMILYcore/IMG_8068a.jpg

And 17 used to do one called Raspberry Mocha http://www.mykindastyle.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/raspberry-moha.jpg but I think it was discontinued :sadpanda: but I like that sort of pinky-nude shade for making my hands look neat and tidy.

Also - Essie Island Hopping http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BH4AkUxj8...00/Essie-Nail-Polish-Island-Hopping-Flash.JPG

I want to paint my nails now but they're all ridgey and I can't find my buffer :(

Top Bottom