• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #35: Ask Matthewtheman anything

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Sorry for the delay with this one. I got busy with the end of the semester and then being out of state for awhile.

In this forum tradition we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=5734]Matthewtheman[/member], who has elected to share the following information:
Family: I have two parents that are still together, two older sisters, one younger brother. Maternal grandparents are both dead, paternal ones are still alive. I have several aunts and uncles, most on my dad's side (he has 5 siblings), and a bunch of cousins. I also have 2 dogs and 2 cats.
Sexuality: Heterosexual.
Gender: Male, who identifies as male, though sometimes wonders what it'd be like to be female.
Metaphysical views: I tend to waver between Christianity and agnosticism.
Political Views: Not a big fan of politics tbh. Definitely more liberal leaning than conservative though.
Employment: No job. I'm currently a high school senior who is going to be going to Plymouth State University this fall.
Psychological Issues: I have both ADHD and Asperger Syndrome, both of which I manage rather well. I've also suffered mild anxiety lately, but have been managing that rather well too.
Goals(in no particular order): Graduating high school, getting a degree, getting married, having kids, getting a job, and living a satisfactory life.

Miscellaneous interests:
I'm a big fan of gaming. My interests tend to lean towards RPGs and Nintendo games.
I love music as well. I mainly listen to rock and metal, though my tastes are actually rather varied. My favorite band is The Beatles.

Final Fantasy Section:
I've played I-X and XII. My top five, from fave to 5th fave, are VII, IV(DS version being my favorite), IX, V, and VI. I love VII for so many reasons I can't even name them all. IV I'll admit is mainly so high due to nostalgia reasons, though I love the Augment system FFIV DS implemented, and would like to see something like it again. While I love VI, I think it's kind of overrated, and I like V better because I prefer its gameplay system and its fun, lighthearted tone and characters. Note that this list is not necessarily set in stone, and my preferences could change over time.
I'm one of those people who like the Midgar section of FFVII the least. It's way too linear and there's not much in they way of party customization since it's not 'til the end of that portion of the game that you even have more than 3 party members. I also prefer disc 2 to disc 1 because Highwind.

Relationship Status
As of the time of writing this I am single, but I might not be anymore by the time Aaron puts the topic up.
Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Ghost X

What is your favourite nut and/or legume?

Are you still single? Or were you just paying out Aaron for taking forever? :P

What degree are you interested in getting?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Beatles fan? What's your favorite song?

Also books- which are your favorites?

Finally what did you think of FF: Spirits Within?

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
What is your favourite nut and/or legume?

Are you still single? Or were you just paying out Aaron for taking forever? :P

What degree are you interested in getting?

Deez nuts.:monster: Jk, I don't even like that meme that much. I'm not really a nut person.

Still single.

Bachelor's.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
So you have a lady? *wiggles eyebrows*

Tell us about her!

Sort of, though we aren't dating (mainly due to me going off to college soon and her still being in high school, meaning a relationship would be hard).

What information would you like to know about her?

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
You can fly to anywhere in the entire world...where would you go?

Probably England. There's so many places and such there I'd like too see, plus I'd want to check out Alton Towers and Lightwater Valley, the latter mainly so I could ride The Ultimate, the world's second longest roller coster, and the former for its many famous rides. I love roller coasters and amusement parks.

Ghost X

From your long list of AKAs, what is your favourite?

What is your favourite join date? If you joined this forum at any one time, what would that date be?

How do you shoot web?

If you are the man and Aaron is the man as well, do you plan to have a highlander style battle to the death?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Bad luck on the timing for this thread, Matt, everyone's been pretty distracted...

If you had to pick one Beatles song to feature on the soundtrack of the Final Fantasy VII remake, which would it be and why?

Sublime

Gravitas? What gravitas?
Probably England. There's so many places and such there I'd like too see, plus I'd want to check out Alton Towers and Lightwater Valley, the latter mainly so I could ride The Ultimate, the world's second longest roller coster, and the former for its many famous rides. I love roller coasters and amusement parks.

You did see the news about the Smiler at Alton Towers right? :p

I'd still ride it though. That's what she said.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
From your long list of AKAs, what is your favourite?
Probably Matt or Matthew.
What is your favourite join date? If you joined this forum at any one time, what would that date be?
Part of me wishes I'd joined this forum earlier, but on the other hand, I'm not exactly proud of my pre-high school self.
How do you shoot web?
Depending on the version of spider man, he either has man made web-shooters, or it's a biological function. Either way, it is done by pressing the middle and ring finger against the wrist.
If you are the man and Aaron is the man as well, do you plan to have a highlander style battle to the death?
I dunno. Tbh, Matthewtheman is my username because that's what I made my username when I joined GameFAQs years ago (don't even remember why I chose it) and I use it on most websites I've joined since joining this forum so I can have a consistent username. The 'theman' part of my username is actually kind of ironic, since I'm one of the least manly guys I know.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Bad luck on the timing for this thread, Matt, everyone's been pretty distracted...

If you had to pick one Beatles song to feature on the soundtrack of the Final Fantasy VII remake, which would it be and why?

Probably "Let It Be". It's got a strong message and there are several parts of the game it could fit into without feeling out of place. "Revolution" could also fit rather well, given that AVALANCHE is a revolution agains Shinra. I also think "Here Comes the Sun" would be great for the ending, as it is a perfect song for those moments when you've been through tough times and things are finally starting to look up, plus it's my favorite Beatles song after "Eleanor Rigby".

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
What's your favorite Nintendo console and portable device?

Easily the Wii U. You can play games from any Nintendo home console on it except the Gamecube, and even then Nintendo is planning on eventually adding Gamecube games to its digital library. Not to mention you can also get GBA and DS games on it. Plus it has off-TV play, easily the most convenient and useful special feature of any console ever, and one I hope all future consoles include. Plus, as SSBWiiU shows, it can run games at 1080p 60fps.

New 3DS for portable device. While I don't have one yet, I can tell it's basically the 3DS but better. The DS family easily has the best selection of games available to it, and you can play any of them on a New 3DS, plus it is more powerful than a regular 3DS and has face-tracking 3D. I personally can't wait to get one.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
You did see the news about the Smiler at Alton Towers right? :p

I'd still ride it though. That's what she said.

Yeah I heard it. I'd still ride it. After all, nobody died. I'm afraid they may close it permanently though, which would be very disappointing. I'm still sad I never got to ride Son of the Beast while it was still open. Its replacement, Banshee, looks hella fun though and I can't wait to ride it. And before anyone asks, yes I've played RollerCoaster Tycoon, and I love it.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
What is best in life?

960.jpg

Superpowers? Which is your favorite to have? What power would your arch-enemy have?

Top Bottom