• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #37: Ask Nanaki (Howl) anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
In this forum tradition we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=1023]Nanaki[/member] (Howl), who has elected to share the following information:
+ I don't laugh often, but when I do, it's usually in the aftermath of a fart or a fart joke.

+ I first joined ACF in 2003 under the name Pantxike but I changed my name soon after to something else...I think most of you know who I am. o.o So, I've been part of the same community for almost twelve years. ^.^

+ I didn't really like Advent Children and I've never played anything in the compilation except for Crisis Core.

+ My favorite nut/legume (because I KNOW THIS QUESTION IS COMING), if I had to pick one of each to eat for the rest of me life, would be Walnuts and Red Beans. Otherwise, I eat all the nuts and all the legumes on earth...all of them...I never met one I didn't like.

And that's all I have to say about myself. :monster:
Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
How and why did you end up here at TLS, years after the collapse of ACF?

Is that fat guy ever gonna finish writing the thing? Idk about you, but I am in desperate need of new info and stuff the discuss and theorize about, especially that whole thing about Patchface we discussed before. kldsldkjslflkjfsldfsflksj

What kind of dog do you have, and what's his name?

Who is your favorite 90's action star?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
How and why did you end up here at TLS, years after the collapse of ACF?

Is that fat guy ever gonna finish writing the thing? Idk about you, but I am in desperate need of new info and stuff the discuss and theorize about, especially that whole thing about Patchface we discussed before. kldsldkjslflkjfsldfsflksj

What kind of dog do you have, and what's his name?

Who is your favorite 90's action star?

I actually joined TLS a few years after ACF shut down and I didn't post for a very long time because I was a spam-whore-troll at ACF and I thought that people might now care to have me around. The fact of the matter was that I was ashamed of myself and everyone here is super marshmallow rainbow kisses cool.

I'm really, genuinely worried about the books being released before older, less healthy Santa passes away. ;___; I'm not too excited with the shortcuts that the show has taken, but I understand why they've had to merge several characters together and shorten some of the timelines. On a similar note, I firmly believe that
Lady Stoneheart and Jon Snow are going to be merged into one plot line; in the show, Jon Snow will be the character who is revived by a red priest(ess). He'll be absolved of his oath to the Night's watch, and...if he's a true Gary-Sue, he'll turn out to be Azor Ahai because of his lineage.

I have two Pomeranians; Sable and Cholo. I desperately want to adopt a special needs animal from one of the local rescue groups that I follow. I can't do this until I'm stay-at-home status again. If I can't get a special needs critter, I want to adopt a shelter dog, rehabilitate and have him/her registered as a service animal so we can do hospital visits n' schtuff together. ^.^

In the 90's I only had network television. Sooo...my answer here is going to be...The Tick:
MV5BMTU1OTc0MDA3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI4NTQzMQ@@._V1._CR0.883331298828125,1.5333404541015625,351,459_SY317_CR14,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

If you knew you had a lifespan of well over 500 years, what purpose would you find to propel yourself throughout the ages?

Are you an action lady who appreciates adrenaline or are you more the peace and tranquility gal?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
If you knew you had a lifespan of well over 500 years, what purpose would you find to propel yourself throughout the ages?

Are you an action lady who appreciates adrenaline or are you more the peace and tranquility gal?

I suppose if I were forced to roam the earth for 500 years I would go on a spiritual pilgrimage of sorts. I get through the average boring day by meditating, which I think I could do a lot of. I guess it's sort of ironic that one of my favorite pass time activities is escaping reality. Anyway, I'm very bothered by the fact that none of us have the answer and I think I could easily soak up 500 years in search of it.

I can't handle adrenaline. When my heart beats too fast I feel like I'm going to vomit. I would rather walk than run, I'd rather be somewhere 5 hours early and wait than to hurry, and I'd rather write letters to people than talk face-to-face because sometimes just talking to people gets me sort of all worked up and sweaty.

What's your ideal Sunday?

Spending my whole day thinking, writing, relaxing, or drawing. ^.^
Basically doing everything except dealing with real life.

EDIT: And reading GoT theories on the interweb, of course. :monster:

What question do you most want to get asked and what is the answer to that question?

Are you a parent? If not, are there any plans on becoming one?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
What question do you most want to get asked and what is the answer to that question?

Are you a parent? If not, are there any plans on becoming one?

Okay, IRL I don't like people asking me questions in general. :monster:
When it comes to people I care about...you know, the ones who ask me things out of actual concern, I like to be asked if everything is okay, if I need anything, or how I'm doing, etc. My answer is almost always "just fine/good/okay" but I still like to be asked because sometimes I wonder if people really give two shits whether I'm alive or dead. XD

I'm not a parent and have no plans to be a parent. I guess I just don't feel like I need to procreate in order to feel complete. If it happens by mistake I'm going to own up to it and do what I can to make sure that my child is a decent human being. o.o
I've managed to stay un-preggers throughout the last ten or so years that I've been sexing, so I don't think I'll be surprised anytime soon. :|

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Favourite GOT theory.

Patchface is the drowned god.

...honestly though, I can't choose R+L=J because that one's popular now and I like to be odd. :monster:

I do like the theory that Tyrion may be a Targaryen, considering that Aerys supposedly smexed Joana on the night of her marriage to Tywin. That would make him another potential suitor to Dany and/or one of the three dragon heads.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I LIKE THAT ONE TOO I FULLY ENDORSE IT

okay so sandor clegane - alive or a dead, mute gravedigger?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I LIKE THAT ONE TOO I FULLY ENDORSE IT

okay so sandor clegane - alive or a dead, mute gravedigger?

Okay, the thing about that is
it's totally irrelevant to the plot. I guess it's sort of an easter-egg or something because his tall stature and the description of his injuries makes it relatively obvious that it's Sandor. Plus, IIRC, his horse is there too...

I just don't think he's going to come up in the plot again. Last he was seen was at the Quiet Isle and it's sort of out of the way. I think there's way too much stuff going on in the main plot for Sandor to make an appearance again.

So yes, I think he's the gravedigger but I also think it's totally irrelevant. :monster:

Ghost X

What is your favourite... kind of melon? (eg: watermelon, rock melon (cantaloupe), honeydew, etc).

You were being experimental with your art recently, combining mediums (I forgot what they were already, texta and alcohol??? :P). Do you think this is a once off, or would you consider mish-mashing together different things in future and seeing what effects you can get?

Have you ever been in a natural disaster? If so, what kind?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
If you could spend time talking to anyone in the world, who would it be?

If you could do anything right now, without limitations, what would it be?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
What is your favourite... kind of melon? (eg: watermelon, rock melon (cantaloupe), honeydew, etc).

You were being experimental with your art recently, combining mediums (I forgot what they were already, texta and alcohol??? :P). Do you think this is a once off, or would you consider mish-mashing together different things in future and seeing what effects you can get?

Have you ever been in a natural disaster? If so, what kind?

FFI_Preemptive_Strike_GBA.png
HAH! :monster:

Watermelon. ALWAYS watermelon.

Well I always watch other people paint on youtube and while doing so I came across these fancy-pants things called alcohol inks. They're outrageously expensive so I made some myself and they are SO psychedelic! 8]
I will definitely continue to use them forever and ever. They've got the same therapeutic effect as Suminagashi. Anyone could sit down with these inks and make an abstract masterpiece with their feet. That's just what I enjoy about them: anyone can use them and make something beautiful, whether artistically inclined or not. And I encourage people to do so. It's very relaxing. :D
Here's a random image of a tile painted with alcohol ink that I found on google:
fec0d571db199dbd7cbb92c2d0f582dd.jpg

Pretty fracking radical. :monster:

I've been in places that have natural disasters and I've been in them but I've never experienced any devastating effects. When I lived in the South we had hurricanes but we usually had plenty of advanced notice so there was ample time to get the fuck on out. In Arkansas we had tornadoes which are like scary as fuck because by the time the siren comes on the twister's already out there tearing everything the fack up. Of course now I get to enjoy earthquakes; I've never felt anything over a 4.0ish. :P

Lol Flare, I typed up a really long answer to your question and then my computer froze. BRB...need to go throw a tantrum. :monster:

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Howl! My favorite ASOIAF theory lover! :glomp:

If you could change 5 things from season 5 (I would change almost everything) what would they be? If Dorne isn't on the list I'll be extremely disappointed in you. :(

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Lol Flare, I typed up a really long answer to your question and then my computer froze. BRB...need to go throw a tantrum. :monster:

I strongly recommend an extension for Chrome/Firefox called Lazarus that can prevent you from needing to go through this again, as it will save your responses :monster:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
If you could spend time talking to anyone in the world, who would it be?

If you could do anything right now, without limitations, what would it be?

I think...my grandfather (Dad's dad). I only ever spent time with him on family vacations but I never had the opportunity to actually get to know him. I know he was an interesting character: A writer; and a song writer; an artist; a bird-watcher; a guitar/piano player; a WWII Veteran, etc. My mom really loved him; I think she appreciated everything that he was whereas his own children took him for granted. When he passed away, his children threw away all of his drawings, his music, and his writing and it's like he just never existed. All I really know about him is what my mom has told me and apparently he only ever really spoke to her because she was the only one interested in hearing what he had to say; I remember a particular story that he relayed to her about cleaning corpses off of a ship while he was in the Marine Corps. :|
Anyway, I think a lot of who I am came from him, i.e. my arty-fartyness, my love of music, and my passive nature. I wish I had the chance to get to know this person who passed so much of his personality down to me.

I would say that I'd want to fly, but if I don't have the guts to jump out of an airplane then I don't think I deserve the gift of flight. XD
If we're talking about physical OR mental limitations, I'd want to be able to unlock different parts of my brain. I wouldn't want to be all-knowing or anything but I'd definitely like to be more in-tune with my spiritual side. I wouldn't mind being able to do the whole Astral Projection thing. XD

Howl! My favorite ASOIAF theory lover!

If you could change 5 things from season 5 (I would change almost everything) what would they be? If Dorne isn't on the list I'll be extremely disappointed in you.

Okay I can totally understand why the show has changed so many things. I think the MAIN issue here is that the books have shittons of characters and plotlines sprawled out on thousands of pages and the show only has ten hours to keep people interested. I totally get why they eliminated Quentyn from the show, I mean...he doesn't last very long and doesn't have much of an impact on the plot. What I DON'T get is the lack of Arianne. I get that the sandsnakes are a thing but Arianne is a POV character who's GOING TO BE in Winds of Winter so ONE WOULD THINK that they would include her in the show. I suppose they've chosen not to include her in the show because Aegon (young griff) has also seemingly been eliminated.

I also question whether or not Tyrion is going to cross paths with Dany in the books so I'm not sure what the showrunners are doing there. All he's done thus far is SEE her from a distance and at the end of book five she's in too much deep shit to get back to Meereen.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this here but in regards to the what-the-fuckery that has become of the Jon/Stannis/NightsWatch/Wall/Winterfell plot...this show has a history of merging characters and plotlines together and because of the lack of Lady Stoneheart, I do think that the show is going to merge LS and Jon Snow into one plotline. Melisendre's arrival at the wall in the show makes his resurrection waaaay too obvious.

I can't even start talking about Jaquen and Arya because wtf...Jaquen is NOT at the house of black and white.
LOOK WHAT YOU'VE STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's your favorite pokemon and why?

Okay, as a child I had DIGImon, not Pokemon. The only pokemon I know is Pikachu. XD

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Your grandfather sounds like a great guy. So much history to him. I've been able to grow up knowing my grandparents well, and I'm glad of it. You really gotta cherish the people you care about.

Hey, I watched digimon too! And pokemon. I loved those sort of things, evolving monsters and whatnot. :D

Ghost X

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Would you risk leaving everything if you got the chance to live 100 years in the future?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
What's your favorite color, animal and plant and season if you have one? You don't have to pick just one of each.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Would you risk leaving everything if you got the chance to live 100 years in the future?

Well I do have dreams and I envision myself following them, but realistically I'll probably be working a dead end job, just like always. :wacky:

Definitely not. I still don't know how to use a smart phone or convert a Word document to PDF. What makes you think I'm ready for the future? :awesome:

What's your favorite color, animal and plant and season if you have one? You don't have to pick just one of each.

Neutral colors, and if I want to get really exciting I'll go with pastels. I don't like any primary colors. As a matter of fact,
images
makes me feel really irritable. This might also explain why I hate most of my paintings by the time I'm done with them; bold colors put me in moods.

My favorite animal is a dog and I think my spirit animal is an alligator because I dream about them always. I do really appreciate goats; they make yummy cheese and they're always good for a laugh. Silly devil-eyed goats. :monster:

My favorite plants aaaare...I'll go with herbs: lavender and peppermint. Super versatile. Good for eating, cleaning with and sniffing. :D

I don't have seasons where I live (it's mostly always summer here), but I've lived in places that have all four and my favorite is autumn. I like really crisp, cool air...bonfire and marshmallow-roasting weather. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom