• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #38: Ask JasonTandro anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
In this forum tradition we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=9245]JasonTandro[/member], who has elected to share the following information:

D.O.B: April 19th, 1988
Blood Type: AB+
Weight: 285 lbs
Height: 5' 9" (175 cm)

Birthplace: Fitchburg, MA - Burbank Hospital
Birth Weight: 13 lbs. 5 oz (YES, I was a C-Section)

Other Aliases: FearAddict

Family
Lived with both parents
2 older brothers, 1 older sister, 1 younger sister.

Married for 2.5 years to my wife Stefanie
1 daughter, Kyra, 15 months

Brief Bio
Grew up in Ft. Devens, MA when my father was in the Army. Moved back to Fitchburg, MA for two years before moving to Virginia where I've been ever since.

Did one semester's worth of college which I paid for myself.

Worked as an Administrative Assistant at a mall management office, night auditor at a hotel, a shipping / receiving clerk at a bookstore (Warehouse work), and spent 5 years as a call center rep for a regional cell phone provider (the last two as a Tech Support Rep) before being laid off. I was unemployed for only a month (living off severance) before getting a new job as a night auditor at a hotel again.

Hobbies Bio

A jack of all trades, master of none.

Writing- I've been writing since I was a kid and it's my favorite form of self-expression. The effort and style varies drastically based upon what I'm writing (I tend to put more effort into original fiction than fanfiction). I have written original short stories, horror and creepypasta. I'm on the third draft of a "low fantasy" novel which is complete and the first part of a planned trilogy. I write fanfiction, of course usually humor or serial thrillers. Yes, I have written erotica before though I didn't start writing it until I met my wife.

Art- I have no artistic talent whatsoever. The best I can do is mildly humorous stick figure comics.

Music- I can play a little bit of guitar, a little bit of drums, and I'm not a terrible singer. I mix music using Magix and FL Studio and such, but I generally rely on preset loops so I don't really count this as "composing" so much as "mixing". When I was a lad I could play clarinet and recorder (cause everybody learned recorder) but I've long since forgotten both. Yes I have a soundcloud.

Film - Was very big into the student film thing in High School and actually taught a few years to elementary kids as a sort of A/V Club that I created with the help of a sponsor in the school system who liked my work. I taught two years in High School and two years out. It was super fun and probably the most definite mark I'll have left on the world in this particular hobby. As far as my own work, well shit I've done a lot. Independent stuff, stuff with my friends, and Youtube is littered with my audio/visual droppings. If I had to nail down one thing I was particularly proud of it would be a tongue-in-cheek web series called The Fellowship of Christian Wannabes where we made fun of televangelists, albeit the first half of the first season is nigh unwatchable due to sound issues.

Game Design- I make a lot of games in RPG Maker and a couple in Game Maker. I've completed like 7 RPGs, albeit only two of them are actually worth playing. Being a one man design crew has complications, obviously.

Other Tidbits

Favorite Color: Varies on the day you ask me. Green, Blue, Silver and Black tend to be my recurring favorites.

Favorite Music: Way too many to answer. I listen to everything, and I mean everything.

Favorite Books: Harry Potter, Mogworld, Jam, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (and subsequent works), most things by John Grisham, some Stephen King. The works of Poe are fun too. Also like a lot of the nonfiction gaming books like Super Mario: How Nintendo Conquered America, The Ultimate History of Video Games and most recently I've been listening to Jacked! The Outlaw Story of Grand Theft Auto. (Audible is your friend)

Favorite Games: Again probably too many to say, but obviously Final Fantasy, Zelda, Mario, Halo, Call of Duty, Metal Gear Solid, these are all great series that I follow, albeit Call of Duty is only a passive interest. Also love The Elder Scrolls, Portal and Minecraft.

Favorite Nut / Legume: Flaming Hot Peanuts from the .50 cent bags in the 7-11 are great. Though my favorite is probably pistachios. Salted pistachios are amazing.

Favorite Sex Position: Is it still called doggy-style if she's bent over the arm of the couch?

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Birth Weight: 13 lbs. 5 oz (YES, I was a C-Section)
Welp, there goes my question.

I jest!

What is your favourite non-ff video game character?

If you were going to be dropped into a game to replace an existing character, what game/character would you like it to be?

How did you land on the name Kyra? It's a lovely name.

You are the captain of your very own starship/airship/pirate ship. What is the name of your vessel?

Who's on your crew and what are their roles?

If you could be anywhere, doing anything you like in 5 years from now where would you be and what would you be doing?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^There goes my questions. :monster: LOL joke XD
Seriously though, those are good questions, I want to ask some really creative stuff now....

If you could have any super power, anything at all that you could imagine for a power, what would it be and why?

Is there any animal you're afraid of, and any reasons why?

Is there anything in your past that you would go back and change if you could?

Favorite beverage?

What would you do if you got stuck in a time warp and was transported to the future, where you find that the flora and fauna look totally different and humans even have a slightly different appearance and look at you strangely?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Your wife has the awesomest name. :awesome:

If you were going to cosplay an FF character, who would you be?

What food are you totally repulsed by/would not/could not eat?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Joe said:
What is your favourite non-ff video game character?

Link is always a favorite, particularly Ocarina of Time era Link. Zhao Yun from Dynasty Warriors 3 is the reason my alter ego is a lance-wielder. (He's also a really cool character from the 3 Kingdoms Era of China. Look him up). Also I really like the protagonists from the GTA games, particularly CJ, Niko and Michael. The first two are wonderful sympathetic characters and Michael is just fun since he's what Tommy Vercetti would turn into after becoming a jaded has been.

If you were going to be dropped into a game to replace an existing character, what game/character would you like it to be?
There are a lot of fascinating worlds out there, but of course the caveat is to find a world that isn't totally fucked too. If I was going to take the chance, I'd love to be my character in FF14, there's just so much to do.

How did you land on the name Kyra? It's a lovely name.
It was my wife's decision. It's from a Stephen King novel Bag of Bones albeit it's spelled different.

You are the captain of your very own starship/airship/pirate ship. What is the name of your vessel?
Well we had a starship in our D&D called the Blue Balls Betsy :monster:. But I would probably name it a throw back to the airship from my old forums "The Red Riot".

Who's on your crew and what are their roles?
If we're talking people IRL, then shoot I don't know enough people that I'd trust with a pencil let alone a space ship.

If we're talking online, I would assemble a hearty crew of minions from this forum and my old one. My friend Raini would be my XO, and Deathpit my pilot. I'd count on Joe to keep up morale and let Yop and Lex handle logistics. Carlie would be a gunner and all the other ladies would be my security force. I'd also put vader in charge of the in-flight announcements.

If you mean vidya... well ask again and I'll think of it then.

If you could be anywhere, doing anything you like in 5 years from now where would you be and what would you be doing?
In Tokyo with my wife while we had a threeway in a love hotel while my parents took my daughter to Tokyo Disneyland.

Flare said:
If you could have any super power, anything at all that you could imagine for a power, what would it be and why?

I'm always torn between invisibility and flight. Each has practicalities and downfalls. Now if we're just making powers up, I'd go with the power to spontaneously produce clean untraceable money. Shit if Batman has taught me anything it's that money is the ultimate super power.

Is there any animal you're afraid of, and any reasons why?
Spiders. Not gasping phobia levels like my wife, but I loathe the foul creatures.
I also do not care for most sea creatures, though I'm not really afraid of any except sharks.

Is there anything in your past that you would go back and change if you could?
There's a list of like 10,000 mistakes I've made that I'd like to correct, but ultimately every mistake I've made has lead me to the life I have now, and all things considered I love my life, so I would be afraid to change anything that makes it not a reality even if my new life was arguably "better".

If we're assuming consequence free, then I'd want to finish college.

Favorite beverage?
Pepsi. Don't hate, it's amazing.

I've also been known to enjoy vanilla milkshakes, sprite, screwdrivers, gatorade, most anything with vodka in it. And usually I just drink water.

Also ginger ale and hot chocolate.

What would you do if you got stuck in a time warp and was transported to the future, where you find that the flora and fauna look totally different and humans even have a slightly different appearance and look at you strangely?
Well a world where humans look at me strangely is kind of how I live ever since I got my head shaved, so I'd probably just adapt and move on with life. If it wasn't possible to adapt, then I'd go down swinging.

Howl said:
If you were going to cosplay an FF character, who would you be?

I have cosplayed a generic Turk before, but of all the ones that exist I think I have the best build to cosplay the FF4 era Cid, minus the bitchin' beard. Alternatively I could do the FF7 Wedge. Being fat makes cosplay a bit more challenging unless you want to add the qualifier "fat" to the beginning of every description.

What food are you totally repulsed by/would not/could not eat?
If it has the word "vegan" in it, then usually that. I detest most vegetables and humus looks like zombie pus. Also soy un soy hater.

Last edited:
WHY DO I NO LONGER DOMINATE YOUR SIGNATURE?! YOU WILL BOW DOWN BEFORE ME JASON, I SWEAR IT!
jk jk I still luvs u

If you met a perfect clone of yourself, would you have sex with said clone?

Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time?

Cabaret

Donator
Why did you shave your head?

What's been your favourite hairstyle (that you've sported)?

What drew you to this forum?

How did you meet your wife?

How did you (or she) propose?

Do you cook with salt? Or put salt on your food after to taste?

What's your favourite weather for a romantic evening?

Do you have any house plants?

What were your top (approx) five movies when you were a teen?

What (approx) five bands have had an influence on you? (and how did they influence you?)

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
WHY DO I NO LONGER DOMINATE YOUR SIGNATURE?! YOU WILL BOW DOWN BEFORE ME JASON, I SWEAR IT!

If you met a perfect clone of yourself, would you have sex with said clone?
I don't fuck fat dudes. You know how they say a sense of humor is sexy? Well that's only half true. A sense of humor is sexy if you're also sexy. My wife is a perfect example of this. I'd go out drinking with a me, and we'd bro-op some Halo totally. But no, that's too much cushion for the pushin'.

Now my wife says she likes chubby dudes, so I guess it's whatever. Though as she says "I'm a chubby chaser, not a whale watcher." :monster:

And yes, I am implying that I might fuck an attractive dude. But he would have to be rich. If I'm taking it in the pooter I better be makin' bank at it.

Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time?
This is the ultimate question really. I won't cop out and say "they're all good in their own way", but I will say that in terms of nostalgia, Ocarina of Time has a stronger place in my heart than ALttP. However, ALttP is a better designed game. For reasons, see Egoraptor's sequelitis or MatPat's Deadlock on the subject.

Cab said:
Why did you shave your head?
To be totally truthful I didn't want to, but I made the mistake of letting my hair get too long to the point where I cut it myself from frustration and it became an uneven mess. So to grow it back evenly I had to do this.

What's been your favourite hairstyle (that you've sported)?
The wistful length I usually wear it at is my standard. It's higher maintenance than a shorter cut sure, but I love the way it looks.

What drew you to this forum?
One of my friends mentioned it. I used to be in the GA Forums and I love Final Fantasy so it seemed like a good fit. The community is what kept me around, same as with my old forums TerraEarth.

How did you meet your wife?
We met at the cell phone carrier I worked for. She was in Tech Support and I was in General Care. I sent a kudos to her supervisor for helping me with an issue and after that we started chatting over office IM. Then we started chatting over MSN. She gave me a post-it with her number and told me to text her. It took me 3 weeks to figure out I should ask her out. I did so in the creepiest way possible, by texting her to meet me in the lobby, which was dark since it was night and asking her there. I figured it'd be better to ask her in person. She accepted and I was so stunned I tried to shake her hand (Mormon breeding is to blame there).

How did you (or she) propose?
Silly thing is to be truthful we both knew I was. We even discussed the best way to do it. We planned a date to go see The Woman In Black and then go to an Olive Garden for dinner. I was so nervous I had to just pop the question (quite literally felt like I was going to burst) before we ate so I could enjoy the meal. She said yes of course. I got her this really nice ring. It was modestly priced (I'm not a rich man) but it had some beautiful designs running along it.

397152_10151262203380235_594325741_n.jpg

Do you cook with salt? Or put salt on your food after to taste?
Depends on what I'm making. Any meat product I use a bit of salt while cooking to help concentrate the grease, plus it adds a nice rich flavor too it. My burgers I use a smorgasbord of spices (see my Crabby Patty Recipe). Soup I also add salt directly into it, I use way too much salt on my chicken noodle soup. If it's more solid food, then I usually only salt after but I tend to oversalt that way too.

What's your favourite weather for a romantic evening?
To be blunt here, thunderstorms turn my wife on. I always found them relaxing, but now I find them sexy.

Do you have any house plants?
You mean besides weed? No.

What were your top (approx) five movies when you were a teen?
In Comedy: Liar Liar, Bruce Almighty, Mrs. Doubtfire
In Family: Hook, and most Disney
In Adventure: Pirates of the Carribean and Lord of the Rings
In Horror: Stephen King all the way. Rose Red, Langoliers, The ABC version of the Shining. And the Grudge Films. ESPECIALLY The Grudge Films. They may be my favorite horror movies of all time.

What (approx) five bands have had an influence on you? (and how did they influence you?)
Mostly the music of my childhood. Green Day, Ace of Base, Savage Garden and No Doubt shaped the type of music I liked around my adolescence. Garbage was awesome too. And I really like Marcy Playground's "Sex and Candy". When I was a bit older I started following Smash Mouth like every other person in existence at that time. My teens introduced me to Lamb of God, Disturbed and Drowning Pool. Every band has affected me a little bit, but no one band affects me in a large way if that makes any sense.

Except for They Might Be Giants. Apollo 18 is fucking amazing and it helped shape my sense of humor growing up.

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Clement Rage said:
Did you take that photo for the thread?

No that was how we announced our engagement on Facebook.

Starling said:
Favorite type of Dragon

Old European styles over the Eastern in my book. Shenron is cool and all that, but I'll take Parthuanax, Spyro and Smaug over him any day.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
European has your typical 4 legs and a pair of wing dragons but also wyverns and serpents. It's neat how older terms like wyrm referred to dragons and serpents interchangeably. Any particular element preference? Are dragons your favourite mythological creature? If not, what is?

Ghost X

What Metal Gear Solid code name would you give yourself? (feel free to make one up).

If you were the leader of a terrorist organisation, what would you call it?

What likely near-future invention do you wish would hurry up and be invented?

Favourite show for pre-schoolers?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Pepsi. Don't hate, it's amazing.

Pepsi is possibly my favorite soda flavor. I could never hate a pepsi lover! :D

Another question: Are you a 'physical contact' person (as in, do you like to give hugs, ect, to people you care about), or would you rather not touch people in general? (Besides your wife and daughter, of course!)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
If you could only have legs or arms which do you choose and why? And no you can't have one of each :P

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Starling said:
More Dragon Questions

Not really a favorite element. Dragons are cool but not really my favorite mythological creature, though I don't really have a favorite.

Ghost X said:
What Metal Gear Solid code name would you give yourself? (feel free to make one up).
Well I named my PF in MGS5 "Naked Chick" :monster:

As far as a codename for myself? Iono what the descriptor would be but Bear has to be in there. I like Bears and I'm a big guy. Seems to fit. Plus my strategy in MGSV has been to go in stealthily just to get a point where I am able to wreck shit up.

If you were the leader of a terrorist organisation, what would you call it?
The Police Department :monster:

Sorry, too many opportunities for jokes. My dream terrorist organization is one that basically Robin Hoods and wipes out the shit-stains on the human race, so "Sons of Liberty" is actually pretty close.

What likely near-future invention do you wish would hurry up and be invented?
Proper virtual reality. The gaming potential would be astounding.

Favourite show for pre-schoolers?
Well I'd say Ruby Gloom but that's not really aimed at pre-schoolers. I remember back in the day we used to watch Blues Clues. Also for shows aimed at schoolers- Bill Nye.

Flare said:
Are you a 'physical contact' person

Yes, and my wife is generally speaking not which can be interesting. I'm very cuddly but my wife has to be in a certain mood. I also grew up Mormon so shaking hands and bro hugs were just a part of life.

As far as more amorous activities, well she 100% calls the shots on that. I, (like most guys, lets be honest) could pretty much do it every day but she only feels in the mood once in a while.

Octo said:
Arms or Legs?

Arms definitely. Not being able to walk would not inhibit like 90% of the things I like to do. I'd need a rugged wheelchair to go camping and I couldn't do doggystyle anymore. Everything else I like to do requires hands.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
If you could have anything in the world, what would it be? About my previous questions, if you don't have a particular favourite of whatever's being asked, mentioning various things you like and why is an option too.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Mayo Master said:
What did you enjoy and what did you dislike about making games with RPG maker?

What I've liked is the ease of use. Anybody with no programming experience can pick this up and develop a rudimentary game, even if they just stuck with the defaults for most things. But it's also incredibly customizable, allowing you to insert your own or fan-made scripts to drastically change the feel of the games. Really it is the ultimate beginner's tool for game development and allows you to create a wide variety of games and styles.

What I don't like are just a few things that can be troublesome. The global variables can get a bit tricky to keep track of. I don't like that I have to open an event that refers to a script in order to alter the variables or switches. The scaling on the monsters is my biggest issue and monster balancing is a BITCH. Lastly, and this is more a personal thing and not so much a problem with the software, but designing a game takes a lot of time and it's easy to lose track of threads and things and thus my games tend to have more than a few bugs. Fortunately for the most recent one I had a team of beta testers to help me iron them out.

Starling said:
Anything in the world

Well relatively infinite sums of money would be nice since most of the things that I want can be acquired through it. If we're talking my wildest fantasy it would be a nice modest house out in the middle of the woods with Wifi and cable where I could just relax away from the stresses of the day to day. A nice place with some clear land out back to take the kids camping in, maybe a pond nearby. That'd be cool.

More mythological creatures

Well it depends on how you define mythological. I like monsters, demons and ghosts. Most of my favorite entities are the horror icons of the day: Slenderman (though I'm growing bored of him), the onryo from Ju-On, The No End House, the creature from The Yellow Raincoat. If it can terrify me, I'm fascinated by it. The Devil, whether or not you would define him as mythological, is always an interesting subject.

Now if we're talking traditionally mythological, Dragons are high up there, alongside Leprechauns, Centaurs and the Sirens.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Nice. Do you have a preference or a particular mythology? Greek, Norse, Egyptian, etc. Since you seem to like that kind of stuff, what's your favourite personification of death and why?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Do you ever go on SCP Foundation? If so do you have any favourite SCPs?

Do you like toast? Do you have any favourite toast toppings?

Got any piercings/tatoos? If not would you ever get any?

Has fatherhood changed you in any way?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
What's your favourite genre of music? If you like all-sorts then what's a song you could have on repeat for hours on end?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Starling said:
Favorite mythology?

I know only bits and pieces, but Norse mythology just kicks so much ass. If there's something awesome in a video game it probably game from Norse lore. (Wild Arms 3 is dripping with Nordic legend)

Favorite personification of death?

I wrote an original fic which cast Death as merely one of many "angels of death" who had the appearance and mannerisms of an over-worked, slightly annoyed insurance Claims Adjuster. Sometimes I feel that may be close to true. :P

As far as images of death in stuff I didn't write there's a lot of good ones. Because I Would Not Stop For Death comes to mind. Probably one of my favorites is from the Twilight Zone episode Nothing In The Dark. It's actually a very sweet and touching episode. (As a side note, I consider Twilight Zone to be probably one of the best written shows ever on television and if you disagree, you are wrong.)

Octo said:
Do you ever go on SCP Foundation? If so do you have any favourite SCPs?

I tried to actually get an SCP story published. It was well-received in the forums, but when it actually went live it got downvoted into oblivion. It was then that I learned exactly how specific and precise the art of crafting a good SCP story is and how you can't rely on usual prose to make it happen.

That said I love the stories on there. I lean more towards the scary as shit ones versus just the scientifically fascinating ones. The one I think is my favorite just because of the insidious and mysterious nature of it is SCP-087 (the never-ending staircase).

Do you like toast? Do you have any favourite toast toppings?

I like to toast my sandwich bread if it's a "wet" sandwich, such as Tuna or Egg Salad. If it's dry lunchmeat I prefer white bread (or really kaiser rolls when I can get it). Grilled Cheese is God's gift to the broke man. I don't really eat toast by itself much anymore, but when I was a boy, we used to make "sugar toast" where we'd put butter on top of it and then sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar (or sometimes brown sugar) and eat it. Even today I still like buttered toast and hot chocolate in the winter time.

Got any piercings/tatoos? If not would you ever get any?

No and no. I'm a wuss to pain and don't like the idea of permanently altering my body. Besides, my wife has enough for both of us, currently at 11 tats and 7 piercings.

Has fatherhood changed you in any way?

I have become the most overly-emotional crybaby on the planet. Every time I see something mildly tear-jerking I think of Kyra and get super depressed.

Apart from the parent hormones I also find all the usual changes to my day-to-day life which are expected. I mainly find that I'm taking better care of myself than I used to, because you know, living.

Joe said:
What's your favourite genre of music? If you like all-sorts then what's a song you could have on repeat for hours on end?

When I'm cleaning, straight up techno and dance. We used to make techno mixes which all had odd names the most iconic being one named after our friend Stu who had a shitload of DDR music on his computer (Club Stu).

When I'm trying to sleep, I like New Age / Zen stuff. Yanni, a bit of Enya (I really like Cursum Perficio), this Zen soundtrack I found at Bed Bath and Beyond oddly. And soothing vidya music. These are all staples.

When I'm driving, let there be metal. Straight up the most loud, violent, hate-filled music I can muster. Disturbed, Godsmack, Turisas, Avenged Sevenfold, Drowning Pool. Also in this mix for reasons, the pirate metal band Alestorm.

And I can listen to RHCP and Sublime pretty much any of the time.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
You mean your real name isn't Jason Tandro? Why would you choose such a misleading handle "Micah Rodney"?:monster:

Jason Tandro has always been my net handle. It's the name of a character from one of my stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom