• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #38: Ask JasonTandro anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
JasonTandro said:
I tried to actually get an SCP story published. It was well-received in the forums, but when it actually went live it got downvoted into oblivion. It was then that I learned exactly how specific and precise the art of crafting a good SCP story is and how you can't rely on usual prose to make it happen.

That said I love the stories on there. I lean more towards the scary as shit ones versus just the scientifically fascinating ones. The one I think is my favorite just because of the insidious and mysterious nature of it is SCP-087 (the never-ending staircase).

Good choice :monster:

Does your SCP story exist in another form somewhere perhaps that I can read? :awesome:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Does your SCP story exist in another form somewhere perhaps that I can read? :awesome:

It's still on my sandbox

I haven't gone back to it. I like the style of SCP writing, I'm just not sure if I'm cut out for it. I prefer the relative freedom of prose. The comments said that the idea wasn't altogether terrible for a first attempt, but the words "boring", "cliche" and "cheap" were used a number of times.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
What's MacGyver's first name? And no fair googling it. Only the worthy know the answer.

What? The title says "Ask JasonTandro anything"...

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
What's MacGyver's first name? And no fair googling it. Only the worthy know the answer.

Rupert. Actually it's Lord Ruper MacGyver III to be precise.

What? You didn't specify which MacGyver,

Ghost X

When was the last time you used candles to see around at night (due to a blackout or what not)?

Which FF character has the best pants?

Which US president's head would you wear as a mask in a bank robbery?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
When was the last time you used candles to see around at night (due to a blackout or what not)?

When I lived in a townhouse with my friends and the local electric company decided to fuck us over by jacking up the charges resulting in us being stuck without power for 3 weeks. Like 5 year ago.

Which FF character has the best pants?

Squall I think, though I could never wear them.

William Henry Harrison. Why? Because I'm a risk taker. Now if I was robbing a hospital for whatever reason it'd be James Garfield who died from medical malpractice when quacks tried to remove a bullet from him.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA

I read this as some sort of Hannibal Lecter type deal. So I was thinking, who has the roomiest head? I don't want to be stuffy.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
In which FF character's pants would you want to get?:P

By Game:

FF6- Ceres
FF7- Aeris
FF8-Quistis
FFX- I would take a run at any of the girls.
FF12- Ashe but cause i respect the hell out of her i probably couldnt.
FF14- Minfilia.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Ok I'm here with some naughty questions. :awesome:

How did your first time happen?

How did the first kiss with your wife happen?

How did the first time with your wife happen? (Ignore this question if the answer is the same as 1)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Ok I'm here with some naughty questions. :awesome:
It was only a matter of time.

If you had to invite a person from TLS into the bedroom with you and your wife for a threesome, who would you pick and why is it me? :awesome:

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
How did your first time happen?

Growing up Mormon I was a fan of the old "everything but". The first time I had any form of sex however was an incredibly ill-advised bit of oral sex from this crazy girl I used to date. This was the first girl I'd ever dated who had a taste for my fetish of choice, and one night I lost control.
So we were doing our usual thing with her tied hand and food in her dorm room and I decide to go for it. I get her on her knees, ungag her and she picked up on what I was doing right away, and it just sort of happened without either of us saying a word.

To be fair, it wasn't bad, I just regret that my first time was with her. She turned out to be batshit insane. Long story.

How did the first kiss with your wife happen?

I honestly can't remember my first kiss with her, though frankly I can't remember my first kiss period. I believe our first kiss would have been a perfunctory one to conclude our first date, but I could be wrong.

How did the first time with your wife happen? (Ignore this question if the answer is the same as 1)

The plan was to hold off on having sex until we were married. She couldn't wait, and I didn't want to wait if I'm being true to myself. So one night when we were sort of "informally" engaged (I hadn't popped the question yet but we both knew I was going to), we were at her place, we both got drunk and we just did it. I think our first time was vanilla because I wanted the first time I had proper sex to be unhindered by fetish.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Joe said:
If you had to invite a person from TLS into the bedroom with you and your wife for a threesome, who would you pick and why is it me?

I admire your confidence, but I abide by the "one penis per fantasy" rule. If I lose mine in an unfortunate smelting accident then you're first on my list. :P

I love Carlie's accent and she is a bartender so she could probably get us good and drunk before hand (which is what anybody would need to get in bed with my fat ass :monster:) So I'll go with Carlie. Not that all the ladies of TLS aren't lovely and lovely people mind. Hell many of the dudes are lovely and lovely people.

I'm lookin' at you Lex. :glomp:

Ghost X

Which non-human character in the Thomas the Tank Engine franchise would you choose to be?

What is the best thing about having a left arm in your experience?

When was the last time you stared up at the clouds?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Which non-human character in the Thomas the Tank Engine franchise would you choose to be?

Alec Baldwin.

What is the best thing about having a left arm in your experience?

Groping two boobs at the same time. Also video games.

When was the last time you stared up at the clouds?

In a lazy saturday sort of way,it's been a long long time since the heavens held an interest for me. Now in anticipation of a coming snowstorm, every winter. Literally every day between December and March I'm hoping that every overcast morning will pour buckets of snow upon me.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Who is your favoritisist disney pwincess?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Who is your favoritisist disney pwincess?

That's an easy one. Belle. Say what you will about Stockholm Syndrome, she was the first Disney Princess who encouraged girls to have a brain and use it.

Also I like Alice. She's not technically a Disney Princess but she is in the marketing and KH so there. She's smart, but reckless, and a nice blend between child and woman.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
How do you come up with character names when you're writing?

I accidentally read Airling's question as "which FF character's pants would you want", but since she didn't actually ask that, here goes: Which FF character's pants would you want to wear?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
How do you come up with character names when you're writing?

My biggest weakness as a writer is in naming. In creepy stuff or realistic fiction I tend to do better because you can only fuck up so much with names that actually exist. In erotica it's a bit harder (no pun intended... no fuck it pun DEFINITELY intended) because my wife (for whom I write said erotica) is very picky about names and doesn't want to read a sexy story about a guy named Lester and a girl named Garbledina.

But fantasy... oh my god fantasy is a pain in the ass. My characters have gone through so many names.

There's a few names I like in my story: The protagonist is named Auburn, his comrade / love interest is named Halcey, his childhood friend Rielle, his mentor Davion and Ignin a sort of anti-hero.

But then I am dealing with some of the cringeworthy names that I'm still reeling over trying to change such as Lucian (which was actually changed from Lance and I still don't like either), Caris, and Leo.

And shit my town names are even worse. I mean they're passable but I loathe naming and naming conventions.

In short to answer your question of how do I name things in my writing: Badly.

I accidentally read Airling's question as "which FF character's pants would you want", but since she didn't actually ask that, here goes: Which FF character's pants would you want to wear?

Red XIII's.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
*cough*babynamewebsites*cough* :awesome:

Okay okay okay....would you or wouldn't you: furry convention. If the answer is yes, what animal would you dress up as? :wacky:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
*cough*babynamewebsites*cough* :awesome:

Oh yeah, trust me I did that shit to come up with Malak. I'm just also very very picky.

Okay okay okay....would you or wouldn't you: furry convention. If the answer is yes, what animal would you dress up as? :wacky:

Not a furry, nor would I attend a furry convention. Mi'qote is about the highest level of furry I care for. You know animal features but not actually furry.

Not that I have a problem with furries, just not my cup of tea.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Jason, while I also suck at making up my mind for names, I found it helped me a great deal to make a list of names I like, categorized in alphabetical order and usage (people names vs location names). That way, I can revisit the list when I'm looking for new names or at least placeholder ones so I have names to use when keeping track of stuff involving those people and places. Theme naming/meaningful names probably help too.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Since the questions are still going, I've come up with a good one:
If you could spend a day with any FF character, who would it be with, and why? I'm not talking so much as going on a date with them, but if you want to pick one for a date, go ahead.

Also. What FF monster is one that you would hate to see in real life? Aaaand, why? :awesome:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
If you could spend a day with any FF character, who would it be with, and why? I'm not talking so much as going on a date with them, but if you want to pick one for a date, go ahead.

Eh it would depend upon my mood. I'd fuckin' love to go drinking with the OG Turks. Reno, Rude, maybe even Elena.

But if I wanted to go on an adventure I'd probably want to go with Tidus. While he can be annoying sometimes he's one of the few protagonists who aren't 100% serious all the damned time (see also Bartz who would be an acceptable replacement).

If I wanted to go play games, FFX-2 era Rikku. Gold Saucer is awesome and all that, but the whole world of FFX-2 is a big collection of Mini-Games.

Lastly if I wanted to just live my life the way I live it right now but have a random FF character with me, it would probably be Zidane. See Tidus, but add in the fact that he's a master thief and we could have some fun about town.

Also. What FF monster is one that you would hate to see in real life? Aaaand, why? :awesome:

malboro8-b.jpg

malboro2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom