• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #39: Ask Starling anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
In this forum tradition we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=9297]Starling[/member], who has elected to share the following information:

I like animals but particularly cats. My favourite colour is purple, I'm fluent in english and french, but also know a bit of spanish. I've dabbled in various art mediums in my free time, such as drawing, painting and sculpting. While I don't consider myself terrible, there's still a lot of room for improvement. I also enjoy learning about other cultures and trying out various kinds of food. I have two brothers and a lot of cousins.

While I haven't had the chance to play it much in the past few years, I own a flute dating back from late elementary, when my school had mandatory music class and required that we pick an instrument to play. I'm not sure if I still have my recorder from before that or if it's my younger brother's but there's definitely one sitting in my closet somewhere. There's also still the old family piano that's probably in need of tuning but I only learned the basics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghost X

What English name would you give to a cat?

What French name would you give to a cat?

What Spanish name would you give to a cat?

What nut and/or legume would you give to yourself?

Any particular reason you like the colour purple?

Have you identified any specific things in drawing, painting, and sculpting that you could improve upon, so as to be more not terrible than you consider yourself to be?

Are you the oldest, middle, or youngest child? How do you think this has this influenced your life?

Finally...

math11.JPG

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^ That last one is the worst thing I've seen all day. :monster:

Starling I like purple too...there's something really pleasant about that color. ^_^

1. What's your least favorite color and why?
2. What's the best food you've ever had?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
What's your favorite dessert?

Which FF character(s) would you invite into bed?

Is there a game or movie that you like but are embarrassed to admit? If so, what?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Is there another language besides the ones you know that you would also like to learn? (kudos for being able to speak more than one language too :awesome:)

Have you ever visited another country?

Do you like pickles?

What FF character's name is your favorite, and why?

If you could go anywhere right now, and I do mean anywhere so it could be space or something, where would you go?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
What English name would you give to a cat?

What French name would you give to a cat?

What Spanish name would you give to a cat?
I generally give my pets English or bilingual names. The french names are reserved for the stray/feral cats on my uncle's farm, which I keep referring to as my aunt or cousin's for some reason. The overall quality of the names varied depending on how long we took to name them. My cat's name is Jessie, which my family found rather silly to call a cat, presumably because it's a name you can actually use for people. Jessie's a bilingual name, which I was specifically going for. I've had her a long time but I'm pretty sure one of the names I considered was Stephanie. The names I pick tend to be influenced by the animal's appearance.

Cats I've named include a male lilac point called flocon (flake, in reference to snowflakes), An absurdly muscular white tomcat with a very light grey spot on his head called Pistache (Pistachio) and a male brown tabby about the same greyish shade as mine called James. I've named others but a lot of them were a collaborative effort with my cousin. The oldest cat used to just get called Mimine until I got Grand-mère Mimine to catch on, essentially making her the granny cat.

Like I said, I only know some Spanish, as in I'm not fluent in that language. It's ok if the wording gave you that impression. I really only know some basics and how to use my knowledge of English and French to figure out the gist of a sentence I'm missing key words for. I don't really have any reason to name anything in Spanish.
What nut and/or legume would you give to yourself?
I often don't pick favourites so much as narrow down the list as much as I can be bothered to. Nuts: Walnuts, followed by pecan. Fruits and berries: Bananas, raspberries, strawberries and nectarines. My favourite fruit when dried would be dates, which make for great deserts. I differentiate fruits and vegetables more by flavour and typical use in cooking than by biological properties, as otherwise half the vegetables I use would be labelled as fruit. I quite like zucchini and various types of squash. They can make some pretty creamy stuff and tend to give good texture to meals. I also quite enjoy beans and peppers, as well as caramelized onions. I actually tend to eat beans raw whenever they grow in the garden and don't mind keeping them crunchy when cooking them. If I had to pick one to have right now, I guess it'd be peppers since they're the ones I use most.

Any particular reason you like the colour purple?
I like purple because it's a nice colour and the combination of my two second favourite colours, being red and blue. Purple being my favourite colour happens to be why I chose magenta for my text on the forum. Looking at what purple represents, it's not that surprising I like it as much as I do, though it's been my favourite since childhood.

Have you identified any specific things in drawing, painting, and sculpting that you could improve upon, so as to be more not terrible than you consider yourself to be?
While I've improved greatly from back when I had such a hard time drawing hands I'd just leave them as sticks, I still need some work drawing properly proportioned humans. I can't really work on drawing on a computer without a functional drawing pad, since it's hard to do much with just a mouse pad. The level of realism in my drawings could probably use more consistency, as it doesn't always turn out the way I was going for. I mostly draw plants animals and some rough sketches of stuff I'm trying to visualize so I should probably work on some objects and scenery as well. Painting is something I rarely do, though my mom used to paint some pretty nice stuff on occasion. I'm more interested in sculpting, though it's been a while since I've had the materials to make something really nice. I was fine with just toying around with random stuff like making animals with the charcoal eraser or a spider out of twist ties. I also didn't really bother with sculpting tools, as I didn't have any until not that long ago. Again, it was more of a just for fun thing me and my relatives would do from time to time, as well as some stuff I made elsewhere. Despite that, most of what I still have looks fairly decent.
Are you the oldest, middle, or youngest child? How do you think this has this influenced your life?
Middle.
Finally...

math11.JPG
I will remember this next time you get a spotlight thread. I don't have a scientific calculator on hand to do those equations anyway. No need for a calculator to know Q4 is C though.

^ That last one is the worst thing I've seen all day. :monster:

Starling I like purple too...there's something really pleasant about that color. ^_^

1. What's your least favorite color and why?
I don't know. Any colour can be appealing with the right saturation and accents. I guess yellow's probably my least favourite for being too bright most of the time. The shades of yellow that I prefer are the ones that edge towards orange.
2. What's the best food you've ever had?
That french crepe I had as a dessert at a restaurant once. It was like a hot, creamy slice of heaven, with berries. As for non-deserts, probably the bread my grandparents make.

What's your favorite dessert?
See above for the best one I ever had. As for something more standard, I'd say pie, preferably strawberry-rhubarb, apple or sugar. I also quite enjoy ice cream cake.
Which FF character(s) would you invite into bed?
I don't really want to share my bed with anyone, but Nanaki might be cuddly and a lot like when my brother's dog would jump on in. Hopefully I wouldn't accidentally kick him off. I'm probably not considering this in the way you intended.
Is there a game or movie that you like but are embarrassed to admit? If so, what?
Can't think of anything right now.

Is there another language besides the ones you know that you would also like to learn? (kudos for being able to speak more than one language too :awesome:)
As useful as I'd find knowing more languages, I don't think I have the time and patience to do that. Learning enough Spanish to be fluent in it would probably be quickest considering what I currently know and the fact that it's related to french but it's also be nice to learn stuff like Japanese, German and such.

Have you ever visited another country?
I once spent a week in Punta Cana. It took me about 2 days to get a pretty bad sunburn. I basically just had a lot of non-alcoholic pina coladas, enjoyed the ocean and went kayaking that one day, went parasailing and saw a starfish on some boat trip we took while there. I've also been to the states for about 3 days, since one of my uncles has a house there. While my time there was limited, I found that even the chocolate tasted different and somehow less healthy. It makes me wonder what's different about it.
Do you like pickles?
I love sweet pickles but I'm not really a fan of dill pickles, or even just dill.
What FF character's name is your favorite, and why?
I really like Firion's name. It has a pleasant sound to it. Other FF names I like are Refia, Cecil, Zidane and Yuna. Vincent Valentine's probably my favourite full name for the alliteration and how elegant it looks/sounds.
If you could go anywhere right now, and I do mean anywhere so it could be space or something, where would you go?
Wherever the most breathtaking view is so can enjoy it in person. I think I'd enjoy visiting avatar TLA and LoK's setting, seeing as it has a lot of nice places. For real-world locations, I think I'd enjoy visiting Europe sometime.

Last edited:

Ghost X

Given Carlie appears to have "mistakenly" linked Howl's member page instead of yours in the OP, is it a possibility that you have once aired negative opinions of pizzas or Claudia Black?

If you like pizza, what is your favourite kind?

What thing that'll likely be invented in the near-future do you wish was invented now?

What is the first historical figure that jumps to your mind?

Do you boycott anything? If so, what?

What is your opinion of baseball?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Given Carlie appears to have "mistakenly" linked Howl's member page instead of yours in the OP, is it a possibility that you have once aired negative opinions of pizzas or Claudia Black?
It was probably just a mistake.
If you like pizza, what is your favourite kind?
Pepperoni.
What thing that'll likely be invented in the near-future do you wish was invented now?
Hover skates and vehicles. I'm pretty sure hovering vehicles are possible right now but not really in the sci-fi kind of way and it's too impractical to really use. It seems that Virtual reality is coming along nicely as well.
What is the first historical figure that jumps to your mind?
Winston Churchill. He came up a lot in history class.
Do you boycott anything? If so, what?
Not really, though I avoid shopping at walmart.
What is your opinion of baseball?
I don't really care about it.

How would you describe your social personality and your social life? I'm thinking of terms like extrovert vs introvert, sociable vs loner, open-minded vs cynical etc.

Any favorite video game genre that you tend to return to the most?

What is your preferred form of exercise, if any at all?

Your voice has a very cute tone and I enjoy hearing it, but what is your opinion of your own voice?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
How would you describe your social personality and your social life? I'm thinking of terms like extrovert vs introvert, sociable vs loner, open-minded vs cynical etc.
I prefer small groups of people. Any time I've gone to parties and stuff where there're a lot of people I don't know that well, I don't really have a good time because there's not much to do besides put up with exceedingly loud music that prevents anyone from hearing themselves talk and you're basically expected to spend hours dancing and eating whatever's being served there. I'm perfectly happy spending some time alone but when I talk to someone who's interested in what I say, I can get pretty chatty. I like to try out new things and see different interpretations and opinions so I'd say I'm pretty open-minded. Cynicism is more of an issue if I'm in a bad mood from getting fed up with someone/something.
Any favorite video game genre that you tend to return to the most?
I don't really pay attention to the genres of games so much as if it's the kind of thing I like or if it's not. I'd say my preferred genres would be RPGs and adventure games, while I'm not really a fan of shooters.
What is your preferred form of exercise, if any at all?
Weight gain isn't really an issue for me so I manage alright with next to no exercise. I figure taking a walk through town or the various parks around qualifies.
Your voice has a very cute tone and I enjoy hearing it, but what is your opinion of your own voice?
I don't really like the sound of my own voice, as seems to be typical to anyone hearing theirs through a recording. I also can't help but wonder how anyone ever confused my voice for my brother's over the phone.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
If you could see any prehistoric animal come to life, which would it be?

Do you play any of the Elder Scrolls games and if so, which region of Tamriel do you like most?

What's your favorite kind of weather?

Do you have a favorite season?

Have you ever had a penpal?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
If you could see any prehistoric animal come to life, which would it be?
Probably either one of the species referred to as terror birds or
Rahonavis_BW.jpg
Do you play any of the Elder Scrolls games and if so, which region of Tamriel do you like most?
I've only played Skyrim and find that region quite nice.
What's your favorite kind of weather?
A nice, moderately sunny day.
Do you have a favorite season?
I like summer, though the bugs can be annoying.
Have you ever had a penpal?
No.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The following questions are in relation to members of TLS:

Who would you like to meet most and why?

If you were tasked with saving the world, who would you bring with you and why?

Date/Marry/Avoid?

Who would be your rival/arch-nemesis?

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Do you like reading? If yes, what do you enjoy most? If no, any specific reason?

Do you collect anything?

Did you have an imaginary friend as a child? Do you still:awesome:?

Do you like wearing make-up, or not so much?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
The following questions are in relation to members of TLS:

Who would you like to meet most and why?
I can't pick a specific person. A group thing would probably be more fun than one on one, despite what I said about parties.
If you were tasked with saving the world, who would you bring with you and why?
Whoever's most qualified to deal with whatever's going on.

Date/Marry/Avoid?
I don't know.

Who would be your rival/arch-nemesis?
You. :awesome:

Do you like reading? If yes, what do you enjoy most? If no, any specific reason?
I enjoy reading, though I haven't had the chance to get new books in a while. Reading's a great way to learn, even if only expanding your vocabulary. Some of the stuff I grew up with were doctor seuss, berestain bears and that disney book series where mickey travels the world. I also grew up reading a lot of informative books on various animals, which prompted my relatives to gift me with every cat book they could find, as well as the occasional book about something else. My parents basically threw the Harry Potters series at me so I'd read something else, which is around when I added mythology and such to my interests.

Do you collect anything?
I've collected rocks, feathers and pine cones. I'm pretty casual about collecting so I largely just picked up what I'd find or got stuff as gifts.

I collected pine cones because someone had given me this really big one and I wanted to get more to go with it. Collecting pine cones allowed me to finally see what the seeds look like, as well as learn which ones came from which trees. My parents weren't too happy with the clutter so they eventually made me throw them out. I kept the gold ones though.

Rocks were just a matter of picking up the nice looking ones and keeping them together. I've found a few fossils and have a few I was given, such as a geode, some coal from a train and a lot of pyrite. I also found what turned out to be another piece of charcoal, though it was solid and didn't blacken anything it touched. It kinda looked like petrified wood, which makes sense since I dug it up on the river bank of a lake surrounded in bog mats.

While the bulk of my feather collection were from seagulls, crows and ravens, I managed to get a decent umber of bluejay feathers, as well as a few owl and hawk feathers. Then my mom needed a shoe box, went looking in my room and threw them out instead of putting them in something else. I don't think I ever really forgave her for that, especially since I rarely ever see decent looking feathers lying around anymore.

Did you have an imaginary friend as a child? Do you still:awesome:?
Not really, as I never really needed one. I could grab a bunch of toys or objects and give them personalities but I never really pretended something that was't real actually was.
Do you like wearing make-up, or not so much?
I don't like makeup. I can't be bothered to use it, especially since I'd likely smudge it halfway through the day.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
If you could bring a character from a book to life, who would it be?

Have you ever wished you could be invisible?

If you had the chance to explore space in a spaceship or use a transporter to travel to an alternate dimension of earth, which would you choose? :awesome:

Do you like the color white or the color black more?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
If you could bring a character from a book to life, who would it be?
Probably someone from the Harry Potter books.
Have you ever wished you could be invisible?
Maybe but I usually wish I could teleport or walk through walls, which probably have more practical applications.
If you had the chance to explore space in a spaceship or use a transporter to travel to an alternate dimension of earth, which would you choose? :awesome:
Alternate dimension. Space is full of deadly and unforgiving stuff and it'd take several lifetimes to get anywhere near another habitable planet.
Do you like the color white or the color black more?
I'm pretty sure neither are technically colours. Which one I prefer varies.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer

Or Howl and Starling are really the same person because I obviously would never make a mistake like that. :whistle:

What are you studying in school?

Favorite ATLA character. Same with LoK.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'm going to leave this thread open for Starling to answer the questions. New questions cannot be submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom