Member Spotlight #7: Ask Ghost X anything

Ghost X

First album/single bought?

Hard question, due to lack of memory. It was probably a Korn album, during my angsty teenage years. I suspect "Issues". Everything else I've had before then was either pirated or a gift :P.

Favourite art materials? Least favourite?

Despite wanting to be a painter, I still have a preference for drawing mediums, such as colour pencil :P. Once I get used to oils, I'm hoping this changes. I dislike traditional print-making equipment, only because I don't have the patience for it.

Any artists that you can't stand?

When we're not talking about an artist's belief systems, but just their art, I can't think of any artwork I find repulsive. I'm even tolerable of those that make their artwork out of their own shit :awesome:... just as long as I don't have to see the process :P. There's a lot of very average artists out there who have somehow become famous to which I probably like the least, but as I don't write down their names, I couldn't say.

If we go by belief systems, the Futurists were fascist assholes, often violent. If there is something I will give them, it is that they were very strange for right-wingers. They actually were all for technological progress. That was what their movement was all about in fact :awesome:. Perpetual destruction of the old and renewal. Similarly inclined members of the board, take note. Granted, they were pro-industrialists, and didn't like ornamentation, and thought people should die young (although some were hypocrites and died of old age :P), but I reckon they'd look at the coal and oil establishment of today, which stifles the progress of renewable energy technology, and spit in their faces.

Which people from the forum do you think would hook up if they met irl? :awesome:

According to on-going flirtations that I can remember:
- Kissland and Fangu.
- Noxy and Carlos.

If there were some way around the distance problem (let's say the Doctor left you his TARDIS) which, if any, forum members would you date?

"Who wouldn't I date?" would probably be a more accurate assessment of the situation. Most women here seem to have a tolerably similar worldview, which is fundamental I think in a relationship. It is a bit of a non-answer, but of the handful I wouldn't date, I don't feel like ostracising them today :P.

So how many variations of this have you gone through by now?

I'm guessing about 30. I do not have them all saved somewhere, unfortunately. Actually, I may have done, but I haven't attached the old hard drive to this new computer :P.

Ghost X

And what would be your signature move?

"The radio". This is because during this act a certain part of my anatomy would get a lot of frequency and reception from the audience :P. There would be a lot of adjusting of the antenna, etc. (Badumtish). There'd be no inserting of batteries however >.>... and if people do too much tuning, the volume would get pretty loud :P.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Seeing as you haven't given me restrictions however *glares at Ami* and we're going for legal options, I'd say Carlie (apologies in advance).

OMG, you mean I have to fight for the right to peg you your affection?! Carlie, get out the bikini. It's mud-wrasslin' time!

Ghost X

Favourite film/films?

As previously said, I've given Aliens, Terminator 2, and Toy Story 3 five star ratings on rottentomatoes. The one film that I haven't rated because I haven't seen it for ages, but it always comes up in my head when I think of favourite movies is: The Fifth Element. It is such an odd ball movie with a lot of elements (no pun intended) I like in it. That's why I'm pretty excited for Guardians of the Galaxy. Seems to have vaguely similar themes.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Have you ever been in love?

Describe some hair/fashion regrets/disasters?

Did it bother you that I used a question mark just then?

What books/reading material is in your bathroom right now?

What were you like as a teenager?

What do you think is your best quality? Worst flaw?

Crappest game ever played?

Crappest film ever watched?

Ghost X

Have you ever been in love?
I've been in lust. I've never been in a relationship with anyone remotely close to an ideal partner. You live, you learn :P. So for those saying I should lower my standards: been there, done that :awesome:.

Describe some hair/fashion regrets/disasters?
I went through a long hair and a hat phase (particularly beret and those beanies with the strange earflaps and pompom things), the hat phase was within the long hair phase. I also had a thing for wearing tanktops. I no longer wear clothes that are remotely attention-grabbing... despite that pimp jacket thing :awesome:. No regrets there... not yet :P.

Did it bother you that I used a question mark just then?
If I was paying enough attention to your punctuation, I would have at least internally mocked you. I'm not a pedant. I often make mistakes myself etc.

What books/reading material is in your bathroom right now?
That Ragtime book I recently mentioned in the "what are you reading?" thread. Still haven't finished it.

What were you like as a teenager?
I was many things. Besides the whole puberty-related development process, I switched schools and social groups within those schools pretty regularly. In that respect, I guess it was fairly normal in the "search for identity" thing that teenagers go through. I honestly don't think I found myself until recent years :P. I guess I was and still am a social butterfly. I don't particularly fit anywhere.

What do you think is your best quality? Worst flaw?
My best quality is my system of thinking :awesome:.

My worst flaw is probably my lack of patience for bullshit.

Crappiest game ever played?
The only game that has ever reduced me to the level of throwing my controller in rage :awesome:. Mind you, this was when I was a teenager. I like to think I'm more level-headed now :P. I don't remember the name of game. I think it was a PS1 game, and it had time travelling as a theme. I'd borrow the game, and I think I could only manage to get a few scenes into it. Either I really sucked at the battle mechanics, which the game failed to explain, or the game had shit battle mechanics.

Crappiest film ever watched?
Nothing comes to mind, though there are likely many contenders... No, wait... After Earth, with Will Smith and son.
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. Paid to watch that shit at the cinemas too. That too is my greatest flaw :P.

Cabaret

Donator
I love the pimp jacket! Never stop wearing that!

Is there a song (lyrics wise) or a few songs that you feel describe you or resonate with you personally?

Do you hate housework, tolerate it, relish it or get obsessive about it?

Describe your style of kissing pls.

Do you exercise much? What do you do?

Are you an Apple or a PC lover? Any particular brand if the latter?

Do you have an urge to teach and pass your skills onto people who would cherish them?

Do you keep sentimental shit? Like tickets to gigs or whatever?

Do you think music has become the dog's bollocks over the years or gone to the dogs?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Cardio or strength workout?

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

How did you stumble onto TLS in the first place?

What was the last game you played?

What was the first game you played?

What's your favourite game of all time?

What's your favourite game character of all time?

Same as the last two, but least.

If you could have a picture frame of any TLS member in your house, who would it be?

Cabaret

Donator
Have you ever pretended to be someone you're not for lulz or some other advantage?

Do you have any good scar/injury stories?

Have you had any near misses with death?

If you died and found out you could have the afterlife of your choice according to the religions of the world (inc Jedi and atheism) what would you choose and where would that leave your soul/spirit/body/essence?

What do you think cats think of people?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Boxers or briefs or commando? Or (god forbid!) thongs?

What kind of holidays do you like?

Do you have any beliefs that are illogical? Stuff that you have to conciously fight against?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
((...)and those beanies with the strange earflaps and pompom things)

tumblr_mcm83wgxap1r81219o5_250.gif

tumblr_mcm83wgxap1r81219o7_250.gif

tumblr_mcm83wgxap1r81219o8_250.gif

Ghost X

Is there a song (lyrics wise) or a few songs that you feel describe you or resonate with you personally?
I really pay little attention to lyrics, so I don't tend to remember any lyrics I relate to, though they exist. The sound of the music is what does it for me. Songs that resonate my emotions are my favourite :P. For example:

- "Since I've been loving you" by Led Zeppelin for its bluesy-ness and epic solo.
- "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd for its emotional roller coaster (and epic solos :awesome:).
- "21st Century Schizoid Man" by King Crimson, which is somewhat of an onslaught.
- "Enders Toi" by Tame Impala for whenever I need repeated releases of pleasure chemicals :P.

Do you hate housework, tolerate it, relish it or get obsessive about it?
I find it therapeutic, unless it is difficult :awesome:.

Describe your style of kissing pls.
*Google "styles of kissing", and takes note that the first page of results is all directed at teenagers* Let's see here... j/k. I would say slow and passionate. How very vague. If an alien bursts from your chest afterwards, it wasn't me.

Do you exercise much? What do you do?

Aside from volleyball, not much. I do push-ups from time to time (I tend to die after 40 of them), and walk a lot, but I certainly need to raise my heartbeat a bit more often, and sweat a bit more often :P. Only way for that to happen is if a treadmill or skipping rope was required for me to operate a computer or do an artwork, atm :P.

Are you an Apple or a PC lover? Any particular brand if the latter?
I prefer PC. Never enjoyed my Apple experiences. No particular brand preference. I can't even see the brand of my current computer anywhere on the case. Shows how much I care.

Do you have an urge to teach and pass your skills onto people who would cherish them?
Not really an urge, but it is a strength. I've taken unaccredited courses in coaching and such too. It suits my personality type.

Do you keep sentimental shit? Like tickets to gigs or whatever?
Yes. I still have some plush toys from my infancy, even. I have a collection of tickets to movies and sporting events. A collection of cards from my teenage years. Stuff I can throw away.

Do you think music has become the dog's bollocks over the years or gone to the dogs?
There are still rare moments of genius, but music is made for money these days. I'm sure there is a lot of good bands who simply don't get played for various reasons too. What you hear in music these days has less artistic value and more entertainment value. Less timelessness, and more here and now. Stuff you get bored of quickly. Goes with the whole "throw away society" thing. The billboard-type charts are all corrupted too.

Cardio or strength workout?
I guess I'm more of a cardio person, but I'd like to do strength training.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
Without thinking too hard, I'd like a decent job. Everything else would fall into place after that :P.

How did you stumble onto TLS in the first place?
I stumbled on ACF first (having found that from an even earlier forum), then I think I went to FCF for a while, and then I heard about this place.

What was the last game you played?
Gemcraft Chasing Shadows :awesome:.

What was the first game you played?
Mario's cement factory, I suspect. I remember playing it when I was about 3 years old. My grandparents had it. My family had an atari, but I'm not sure when we got it, and I had family friends and relatives who had computers, ataris, and hand-held games, but I'm not sure how old I was when I began playing them. I was definitely a gamer by about 6 years old though :P.

What's your favourite game of all time?
Metal Gear Online.

What's your favourite game character of all time?
This is really too hard to answer.

Same as the last two, but least.
I've already answered my least liked game, but least liked character... hmmm... Kefka, I guess, due to his personality. Good character though.

If you could have a picture frame of any TLS member in your house, who would it be?
I would need to see photographic evidence of people's picture frame-making prowess, before I were to select (:awesome:).

Have you ever pretended to be someone you're not for lulz or some other advantage?
Nope :monster:.

Do you have any good scar/injury stories?
I've got a lot of scars on my head. When I was an infant, my cousin promised to catch me if I jumped of a couch. He didn't. I landed head first on a broken marble. Another time I fell out of a bunkbed, and smashed the back of my head on a chest of drawers on the way down. Climbed back up, went to bed, woke up in a pool of dried blood (got stiches later :P). I have scars on my eyebrows too, but I think that's from bashing my head against things when I'm asleep :P.

Have you had any near misses with death?
Without eventually being rescued, I probably would've drowned in a pool once. Lost my footing after going down a waterslide into a pool, and was under water for what seemed like a long time. Didn't pass out or anything.

Another time, I was about 10 years old, I likely would have been mauled by a rottweiler, had the owner not got it off me. The dog was usually aggressive, but particular one day, it wasn't, so I was really excited to pat it, but then I got too close to its food, and it went psycho.

If you died and found out you could have the afterlife of your choice according to the religions of the world (inc Jedi and atheism) what would you choose and where would that leave your soul/spirit/body/essence?
I like the buddhist idea of reincarnation, as long as I kept reincarnating into a human :P.

What do you think cats think of people?
I kind of know the answer to this one. Apparently, in their minds, we're simply big cats. They can't tell the difference.

Boxers or briefs or commando? Or (god forbid!) thongs?
Briefs. Boxers give me wedgies. Thongs are unhygienic :P.

What kind of holidays do you like?
Ones where I do things with friends. I'm not particularly interested in site-seeing. Site-seeing is only interesting when it is done with other people.

Do you have any beliefs that are illogical? Stuff that you have to conciously fight against?
Nothing that I can think of. I have the kind of personality that if such a thing existed, it would bug me relentlessly until I solved it.

@Tetsujin:

Yes, those things :awesome:.

Cabaret

Donator
Favourite fruit?

We know how you came here TLS, but what makes you stay?

What would be a great second date for you? (second date is waaay more important than the first)

btw loving your ama

Ghost X

Favourite fruit?

Refer to my answer, the first time you asked this question (on the second page) :awesome:.

We know how you came here TLS, but what makes you stay?
It is an outlet for my brain to let loose :awesome:. I don't get much of an opportunity for such, irl.

What would be a great second date for you? (second date is waaay more important than the first)
I tend to lay the ground work in the first date to see if I should bother going any further. It is more of a fun interrogation over coffee or something :awesome:. The second date we can have more fun-fun. I generally have a preference for adventure of a physical nature, hiking n' what not, or something more interactive, like rock climbing. I think it is important for the bonding process.

btw loving your ama

My ama? :P

What's the most risqué thing you've ever done?

Probably my interactions with a stripper in front of a crowd.

Have you ever kicked someone? :awesome:

In an aggressive manner toward someone who was not my brother? No :P.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
What kinds of ideas do you have for future books?

I want to steal your ideas am genuinely curious to know.

Top Bottom