• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #8: Ask Cher Horowitz (noxious.sunshine) anything

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This is a new thing we're doing where we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is [member=8698]Cher Horowitz[/member] (also known as noxious.sunshine), who has elected to share the following information:
When I step on the scene
Y'all know me, 'cause I walk with a limp
Like a old school pimp a real O G

... Okay not really. But maybe? Anywho- I'm me! I love cooking and food and my kiddo more than Life itself and Final Fantasy and Cait Sith ('cuz he's my brutha from anutha mutha) and I love Sailor Moon and I love ALL THE THINGS! Except for shitty people.

I have a cat. She's fat. And pretty spoiled. And I can't wait to go pick out my boxer puppy. Also, I love like all kinds of music. Backstreet Boys & Britney Spears FTW. And Spice Girls and Hanson. I'm really stuck on 90's music right now. But I listen to like rap (Tupac, Brotha Lynch Hung, 3 6 Muh-Muh-Mafiuh!, etc) and Spanish muzack and Japanese muzack and -stuff-.

I like cooking. I'm pretty baller at it, but for some odd reason, I almost never eat my own cooking. Maybe because I snack around so much while I'm cooking, but idk.

And y'all already know- I have my kiddo. She's gorgeous and amazing and my favorite little person in the whole wide world- wise beyond her years and grasps the concept of sarcasm a little too well and she's fuckin hilarious.

oh god. I'm drunk. I'm so sorry.
Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant. :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
What are your favourite and least favourite parts of living in NYC? :monster:

Ghost X

Where are all the places you have travelled in your lifetime?

Who is your favourite Backstreet Boy, Spice Girl, and Hanson band member? :awesome:.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Do you want me to tell you want I want? What I really, really want?

What is the meaning of mmmbop?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Your screen name always makes me think of this song:

Not really a question I guess. But it's 90's so I hope you approve. :)

Cait Sith

Ugh! As if!
AKA
noxy
I don't know how to do the quote thingy for more than 1 quote! omg I'm such a 'tard.

@Freed: Best thing about living in NYC.. It's something that tons of people dream about and never get to do, so for this opportunity to have just fallen into my lap like it did ('cuz I'd never just pack up and move here on my own and never even thought I'd get a chance to) is pretty cool. I'm getting to see and do things that not everyone gets to do. And not only is the experience okay, I'm fortunate enough to actually be able to maintain a comfortable lifestyle. We aren't struggling to feed ourselves or pay rent (yet. haha) and we have money to go out and have fun whenever we want to.

The downside is that it isn't Nashville and my baby isn't here. I've learned that I'm a total Southern girl and Nashville is where I belong. I like being able to let my redneck side come out and it not be a novelty thing to other people. NYC is cool and all, but I wouldn't want to live here for the rest of my life. Also, people can't drive up here. They're fucking insane. And while for the most part, people are much nicer than I anticipated, they can also be total douchenozzles (like the stupid bitch at Target who called my kid an asshole under her breath).

And it's been hard for me to adjust to the New York way of ignoring people trying to hand things out or sell stuff on the street. I'm -always- at least acknowledging them with a "no thanks" and Jay is like "We just ignore them. Just walk on by and don't even look in their direction".

@Ghost: OOooooooo! Hanson- Taylor (my classmates said I looked like him when they first came out) ! Spice Girl, Geri because red hair, and Backstreet Boy.. A.J. .. He's so hot. But he got kinda weird lately.

@Carly: Tell me what you want, please. :D And I used to know the mmmbop thing. There is an answer to it, though Urban Dictionary has some pretty interesting entries: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mmmbop

@Tennyo: I love that song. *dies*

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
@multi-quoting, the easiest way is the icon to the immediate right of the "quote" button below a post. Select this for every post you want to quote, then go to the "New Post" icon at the bottom of the thread and it'll quote all of them.

That, or you can just copy and paste a bunch of quoted posts together like I do because I always forget that feature exists :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
How did you end up living in NYC in the first place?

Recommend us some places to eat, things to see, places to avoid?

Do you believe you've picked up an NYC accent? E.g. "I need my cawfee!"

Is NYC really amazing as it's made out to be?

I know these are mainly NYC questions, but what's your honest opinion about the Big Apple?

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
What's your favourite thing to cook?

What do you do as a stress reliever?

If you could be a tree what tree would it be?

Favourite colour and why?

Where's your favourite place in the world to visit?

Favourite nail polish?

Favourite fruit and Veg?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Tell us a secret!

What about hair/fashion disasters?

Ideal job?

First album/single bought?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Have you ever left a country gate slightly ajaaaaaahh?/billbailey

What got you into Final Fantasy?

First game console?

First video game?

How do you take your tea/coffee?

AvecAloes

Donator
Have you seen the remake of Sailor Moon yet? There are only two episodes so far, but I am so excited about it!

Cait Sith

Ugh! As if!
AKA
noxy
How did you end up living in NYC in the first place?

Recommend us some places to eat, things to see, places to avoid?

Do you believe you've picked up an NYC accent? E.g. "I need my cawfee!"

Is NYC really amazing as it's made out to be?

I know these are mainly NYC questions, but what's your honest opinion about the Big Apple?

1.) My bf got out of the Army, and gets more money for school and stuff if he lives here. Also, because he's not in active doody anymore, he's legally required to live in the same state as his wife (long story) or risk getting charged with fraud. I didn't really want to move, but I also didn't have much of a choice. It was either stay in Nashville and be homeless, move back to Texas and be miserable, or come to NYC. heh

2.) Eating- I haven't really eaten at many places outside of our little neighborhood other than Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square and Sbarro by the Empire State Building, and American Girl Place Cafe.. Eating almost anywhere in Manhattan is expensive. Unless it's fast food. Or a gyro/taco/pretzel truck.

Around us, though, we mostly order from this place called Daro's Pizza & Chicken. It's yummy, but their french fry game has been fucked up lately. They're ridiculously cheap. And Yummy Taco - it's kind of Tex Mex-y more than Mexican, but it's delishious.

Things to see- All the touristy things, of course! World Trade Center One, Statue of Liverty & Ellis Island, Times Square, Empire State Building, Central Park, the beaches in the Rockaway area are awesome, though the lifeguards are pretty hovery and on top of everyone and it's kind of annoying, Coney Island (it's more of a permanent state fair than an amusement park). The aquarium @ Coney Island and Central Park Zoo are a waste of your money, don't even bother with them. And walking down Avenue of the Americas and 5th Ave are always worth it. I'm not totally sure of which places to avoid.. Other than the trains during rush hour and after a major event like 4th of July fireworks.. And walking down my block early in the mornings if you're female. There's 292938 Mexicans posted up waiting for people needing work to stop and they like to cat call at women passing by. It can be pretty uncomfortable if you're not used to it. :/

Definitely have NOT picked up an NYC accent. If anything, I've slipped back into a Southern accent, which I haven't really had in many years. It's p funny. My bf is like "God you're so redneck sometimes."

And yeah, it's pretty awesome.. I just wouldn't want to live here for the rest of my life. Thankfully, my bf has come 'round to the idea of moving back to TN after he graduates. 'Cuz what we pay in rent here is easily a house payment in Nashville.

It's nice having pretty reliable, affordable public transportation (the train is only $2.50/a ride with most stops having free transfers, $35/wk for unlimited, and idk how much for a month) and being able to wave down a taxi whenever and having practically everything close by and stuff.. That's one thing I'll miss. Once we move back to TN, we'll have to go back to driving whenever we want to go somewhere.

It's a cool experience, I just wish I were able to enjoy it more than I do.

What's your favourite thing to cook?

What do you do as a stress reliever?

If you could be a tree what tree would it be?

Favourite colour and why?

Where's your favourite place in the world to visit?

Favourite nail polish?

Favourite fruit and Veg?

- Tacos or my dad's spaghetti 'cuz they're really easy, but if I'm feeling ambitious and we have the money, my lasagna is pretty baller.

- Sleep! Or drink. I quit smoking recently, so yay for that.

- I'd be the Whomping Willow. Or a Sycamore 'cuz it's illegal to cut them down, innit? I could live forever!

- Yellow & turquoise 'cuz they're bright colors and they make me happy. I like most bright colors in general though. Natural antidepressants and junk!

- .... I have no idea. I haven't been on a real vacation in so long. I love Phoenix and I miss it and I want to visit there in the future. OH! I really love Dallas, TX.. But tbh, put me on a boat in a lake with a kneeboard or innertube and a jet ski and that's my fav place. Also the beach.

- I don't often wear nail polish :/, but I usually buy cheap stuff like Maybelline or Revlon

- Veggies: Tomatoes & Spinach , Fruit: Mango, Avocado, Blueberries

Tell us a secret!

What about hair/fashion disasters?

Ideal job?

First album/single bought?

- Uhm.. IRL, I secretly can't stand most other people's kids 'cuz I just think mine is so awesome and gorgeous and theirs are annoying shit heads.

- Anytime I've ever tried to rock short hair or bangs or a combo of both. And the year I had dreadlocks. And my style in general from about 7th grade through my "senior" year of high school. I still struggle with style. I'm just not a fashionista like my sister is.

- Stay At Home Mom / Housewife. I seriously have lost all motivation and desire to have a job. If I could be assed to learn programming and get better at Photoshop, I'd like to do something along those lines, but it's hard. I'm trying to get into babysitting part time though. With having to split my time between 3 states now, having an actual full time job is pretty well out of the question.

- First cd bought... Master P's Ghetto D comes to mind, but I could be wrong. It was around the time Wal Mart started selling edited versions of explicit content albums and I wound up with one.. I was sooo mad and felt incredibly lame.

Have you ever left a country gate slightly ajaaaaaahh?/billbailey

What got you into Final Fantasy?

First game console?

First video game?

How do you take your tea/coffee?

- Yes. My ex-sister-in-law and I were driving around on some back roads drinking beer and partying and stuff, and she barreled through one of those gates. We backed up, turned around, and got outta there quick. lol

- There was a demo of FF8 on the demo disc that came with the PlayStation my dad bought me and I was just like "O.O omg so pretty!" .. He finally got sick of me renting the console from the video store every weekend and broke down and gave me his credit card to go buy one and a couple of games to go with it. :D I'm not spoiled at all.

- Super Mario Brothers & Zelda.. My brother got an NES for his birthday. I was never allowed to touch it. I'd sneak into his room while he was gone though and play Mario. Zelda, I'd just turn on to listen to the theme song. At one point, the wires got messed up and it'd jumble the picture.. My dad and I would play "Hidden Marios" and guess where to jump.

- I don't drink coffee :( .. My tea must be iced and unsweetened. I usually like it a little stronger than most people make it- with an extra tea bag or two.

Have you seen the remake of Sailor Moon yet? There are only two episodes so far, but I am so excited about it!

Yes! It's beautiful! I looooove the theme song, and while I'm kinda glad there's not a ton of filler episodes like with the original, it also makes me kinda sad 'cuz that means there aren't as many episodes. I really hope they go past the Beryl arc and re-do the entire series.. I'll be very sad if I don't get to see any of the outer scouts.

AvecAloes

Donator
nox said:
Yes! It's beautiful! I looooove the theme song, and while I'm kinda glad there's not a ton of filler episodes like with the original, it also makes me kinda sad 'cuz that means there aren't as many episodes. I really hope they go past the Beryl arc and re-do the entire series.. I'll be very sad if I don't get to see any of the outer scouts.

Same. Same same same!

Cait Sith

Ugh! As if!
AKA
noxy
Meep I forgot one:

I've traveled all over the U.S. with my parents (mostly my dad) since he was a truck driver-: Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., Virgina, West Virginia, North & South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee (duh), Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nogales/U.S.-Mexico border, Massachusetts, Maryland.. Didn't go to all of those places with a parent, though. Namely New Mexico, Arizona, and California and Kansas.

My dad says in my lifetime, I've probably got around 1 million miles traveled or more.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
What's your favourite film?
What's your favourite spa treatment?
What's the most daring thing you've ever done?

Ghost X

What's the worst thing you hate about shopping?

What's the worst thing you hate about roads?

What's the worst thing you hate about kittens?

What's the best thing you like about telemarketers?

Cabaret

Donator
What 90's band would you love to see reunited?

Which 90's band should just jolly well stay 90's and leave the past where it is? XD

What's your favourite karaoke song?

What do you typically do when drunk that you don't really do sober?

What's your favourite kind of melon?

What's the worst present your cat has brought you? (Or is your kitty an indoor cat?)

What sort of style are you? (like clothes n fashion)

Do you wear brand labels? If so which ones and why?

What would be your first song at your wedding?

Since you've been everywhere man, like the Johnny Cash song says, which bit of America would be best to survive the following:
Zombies!
Natural attack from space (EG Sun or meteors)
Alien attack
My wrath :awesome:

What's a fab date for you?

Do you and your bf still do dates?

How did you meet and get together with your boyf?

What does your boyf think of TLS?

What's the most fun game/activity you play with you kid?

Have you any cool scar stories?

If you had to play death for your life, what game would you choose?

Top 5 ultimate all time favourite films?

Who in TLS would you most like to meet?

Who in TLS would you play spin the bottle with?

Who in TLS would you rely on to get you out of a disaster movie alive?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
You have a slumber party. Who from TLS do you invite?

What's your current favourite song?

Would you rather be famous or be friends with someone who was?

What's your favourite period of history?

What's your favourite hair colour?

What's your favourite eye colour?

Have you travelled out of the US before?

Cait Sith

Ugh! As if!
AKA
noxy
What's your favourite film?
What's your favourite spa treatment?
What's the most daring thing you've ever done?

1.) That's a tough one :< Cheech & Chong's Up In Smoke never gets old

2.) I've never been to a spa ;_; I imagine a mud bath would be fun though.

3.) I drove to San Diego from Phoenix all by myself- having never been there ever in my life. This was before GPS was a more affordable thing. And I didn't even have a map. Just someone's directions to go by.

What's the worst thing you hate about shopping?

What's the worst thing you hate about roads?

What's the worst thing you hate about kittens?

What's the best thing you like about telemarketers?

1.) Not being able to find anything I like. And trying stuff on. I'm really good at being able to tell if something will look okay or not without trying it on, though, so fortunately I can avoid the fitting room for the most part.

2.) Other people driving on them. NYC's roads are pretty fucked though. It doesn't take long for their condition to fuck up your car enough to need an alignment and/or maybe new tires.

3.) Their claws seem to be sharper than adult cats. And they're so small, it's easier for them to hide.

4.) That I can hang up on them! When I was younger (like 10), and they'd ask for my parents, I'd make up stories about them being incarcerated due to a major robbery or recently deceased on account of being hit by a drunk driver and fake cry. My mom was like "What is -wrong- with you?" lololol

If you wanna be my lover you gotta get with my friends.

Favorite thing about TLS?

1.) So you're saying we need to have an orgy? Let's go. :D

2.) There's no swear filter. I can say fuckfuckfucfkcufcufkcfuck and it doesn't turn into smurfsmurfsmurf or get replaced with stars. Also people don't get their panties in a wad over opposing opinions.

What 90's band would you love to see reunited?

Which 90's band should just jolly well stay 90's and leave the past where it is? XD

What's your favourite karaoke song?

What do you typically do when drunk that you don't really do sober?

What's your favourite kind of melon?

What's the worst present your cat has brought you? (Or is your kitty an indoor cat?)

What sort of style are you? (like clothes n fashion)

Do you wear brand labels? If so which ones and why?

What would be your first song at your wedding?

Since you've been everywhere man, like the Johnny Cash song says, which bit of America would be best to survive the following:
Zombies!
Natural attack from space (EG Sun or meteors)
Alien attack
My wrath :awesome:

What's a fab date for you?

Do you and your bf still do dates?

How did you meet and get together with your boyf?

What does your boyf think of TLS?

What's the most fun game/activity you play with you kid?

Have you any cool scar stories?

If you had to play death for your life, what game would you choose?

Top 5 ultimate all time favourite films?

Who in TLS would you most like to meet?

Who in TLS would you play spin the bottle with?

Who in TLS would you rely on to get you out of a disaster movie alive?

Oh and what's the deal with Cait Saith? why do you dig him so much?

1.) Oooh. I prefer BSB, but I think N*Sync should reunite. Or 2Gether, but they won't 'cuz QT died. ;_; OHMAHGOD. I also wish Ace of Base (with the original girls) would get back together. The blonde one dropped off the face of the Earth altogether! She doesn't even have Facebook or Twitter!

2.) While it's cool BSB goes on tour sometimes, they need to hang it up with new albums. That one album they came out with (that has "Incomplete") was good, but the stuff -after- that.. .Just. No. It's awful.

3.) "GLAMOROUS SKY" by Nakashima Mika or "Alive (Acoustic)" by Krewella

4.) Sing. And play NBA2K14.

5.) Cantaloupe! Or Honeydew!

6.) Kitty is an indoor cat, though she likes to try to get out whenever we leave. She's lazy. There was a bug on the wall in the bathroom within her reach, and she just stared at it. My Garfield and his mom, Daisy used to bring us birds & mice all the time, though.

7.) I'm a pretty basic kind of person- tank top, jeans, flip flops (cuz I suck at coming up with cool outfits) or a dress of some sort. When I'm skinny & tan and it's warm, I live in skirts and tank tops (or a tube top).

8.) Designer labels? Not really. Most of my jeans come from Buckle though. They're expensive ($100+ if not on sale), but sooooo worth the investment. The people that work there are falling over themselves to help you find the perfect pair of jeans ('cuz they -really- want that sale, but whatever) and they do free alterations. I did find a pair of 7 Jeans in Plato's Closet for $20 and bought them. Anywho, I mostly get clothes at Target and Old Navy now.

9.) First song at my wedding? Oh God. My cousin danced to "So This Is Love" from Cinderella. It was mad cute. Maybe "Kiss The Girl" from Little Mermaid! I have no idea. I don't even really want a wedding. Too much attention focused on me.

10.) Zombies.. I'd say a big city like NYC or L.A. simply because there would be loads more resources.
Space Attack The limestone caves in the Ozarks. Or anywhere there's deep limestone caves. I've seen tons of stuff on t.v. and in movies about that being the hands down best place to run to during things like that.
Aliens Area 51? I imagine they have Alien Combat Gear there.
Your Wrath Oh young Cab. What is this wrath you speak of? Nah. No place would be safe. Like Katie Kaboom!

11.) Fab date? Well, if it's a first date- something awesome like go karts or Coney Island. Or the zoo! Doing something minimizes the chance of awkward conversation. Dinner & a Movie is more for like established couples, imo. Also, there's a large chance of my falling asleep in a movie theater, so that just wouldn't work for me.

12.) We do! Movies once in a blue moon (I'm kind of banned from them), going out to dinner, walking around in Manhattan or the beach.

13.) This is really hypocritical of me 'cuz I'm extremely anti-online dating (I think the best way to meet someone is like out in the real world and starting off as just friends), but we met online. And then he drove all the way out to Texas from Clarksville to spend a weekend with me and then not long after, I moved in with him (got into it with my dad and just couldn't deal with being out there anymore).

14.) He really has no opinion of TLS :/ I haven't voice chatted with none of y'all losers. He thinks the EoFF crowd is mega weird though.

15.) lmao We have this thing where we get a thin coloring book that has a super slick cover.. We set it on the floor, get a running start, jump on it with one foot and "carpet surf". She always busts her ass and it's extremely funny. She used to love helping me cook, but not so much anymore and that breaks my heart. And reading with her before bedtime.

16.) The most obvious scar is on my face- our neighbor's Boston Terrier tore a hole in my cheek and I had to get 20 internal and external stitches and it was a bad stitching job. There's a burn scar on my left arm from when I burned a smiley face on it with a lighter in 8th grade during lunch. :D Someone had brought the lighter and they were all "I bet'chu won't!", so I held the lighter under the table, let the metal get really hot, and then held it down on my arm for awhile. I was really good at pretending like it didn't hurt. Unfortunately, it pussed up and I picked at it, so there's no smiley there. There -is- one on my right arm though. Just can't see it very well.

17.) Uhm... Rummy!

18.) Clueless, uhmm. fucking hell this is hard. Captain Ron (it was customary that whenever we got a new boat, we watched this the first night on board. And the first night on it in the beginning of Summer), Transformers 2, Convoy ('cuz "Convoy" by CW McCall is like one of my all time fav songs -ever-), Selena

19.) Humm.. I think Dawn- 'cuz she's really funny the few times I talk to her in the Skype group chat. Also Howl so I can giggle at her hippiness and learn some shit.

20.) Oooo. Everybody! It's not like there's eleventy billion regular posters. We could make it work. Let's make it work!

21.) Carlos and Kiss Land 'cuz they're in the Army. They can handle shit like that.

You have a slumber party. Who from TLS do you invite?

What's your current favourite song?

Would you rather be famous or be friends with someone who was?

What's your favourite period of history?

What's your favourite hair colour?

What's your favourite eye colour?

Have you travelled out of the US before?

1.) The grils! Then we sneak the boys in! Because I just imagined that we're all 13 years old.

2.) I have no idea why.. The beat is catchy.
also. They're black. AND Norwegian. Also that "Boom Clap" song and "Singing in the Shower" by Becky G and "West Coast" by Lana Del Rey.

3.) I think I'd rather be friends with someone who was famous. I have too many skeletons in my closet to ever want to be famous myself.

4.) Lately I've been more fascinated with the 60's.. I'm getting more into the muzack and stuff.

5.) Fav hair color? Mine. Mwahaha. Nah, I really love natural auburn hair (or hair that's colored auburn, but doesn't look like it's been colored) on grils - esp if they kind of have a tan. And boys? idk. Whatever is natural. I'm not big on guys coloring their hair.

6.) Blue! But I don't really pay attention to eyes. IDK why.

7.) Not really.. I went to the U.S./Mexico border with no ID once. It was mad scary.

Top Bottom