• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
It's mostly a rumor, but there's been a lot of teasers and supposedly leaked information.

The tag line is apparently "The last of us" and there's indications of a virus caused by bacteria in insects spreading to humans.

People are saying that it involves anything from zombies to mutants. I just hope it really is SURVIVAL horror. I'd love a zombie/monster game where diving into a group of enemies gets you ripped to shreds in seconds.

I want a game with a focus on intelligent tactics, creepy atmosphere and scary as shit environments and enemies.

We have enough action games.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Might as well stay up and watch it then. Not gonna be able to sleep tonight anyway with my messed up sleep pattern. =/

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Oh and apparently there were viral hints of the game in Uncharted 3:

Oh and apparently this virus started in vegetation and spread to insects, I was wrong.

zDaSX.jpg

lol this should probably be moved

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Still haven't played Uncharted.

Then again, no money atm. And now there's even three of them.

damn it all

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Um holy shit

No wonder it was teased in Uncharted 3, it's a naughty dog game.

The cinematic trailer is very indicative of a character based survival horror game.

The creatures don't look like zombies either.

I WANT MORE.

Ghost X

Wouldn't mind seeing a hi-def of that Rising trailer. There are a few things that scare me, like it seems to be a game that would entertain ADHD sufferers, but I'll wait before I cast further judgement :P.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Story changes:

"METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING was a spin-off intended to feature the actions and transformation of Raiden, one of METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY’s main characters, in the lead-up to METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS.

However, after Platinum Games came on board, the story was changed to take place several years after METAL GEAR SOLID 4 to give them more of an opportunity to show off what they can bring to the series. Cyborgs are spreading at a rapid pace in the game’s world, resulting in earth-shattering superhuman action at every turn!

The original aim for a combination of stealth and action has also been enhanced, for a more aggressive new focus on pure, exhilarating action."

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/en_us/index.html

I approve of this.
They usually end up contradicting the previous canon with prequels so I like that they set it in the future after MGS4.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I could tell from the damn trailer.

Way too futuristic.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I was worried seeing all those cyborgs and that MG Ray thing, thinking they might still keep its previous place in the continuity for some reason and just throw in all the other shit just because they can.
But this way it's all good.

MGS community seems to yell mostly RUINED FOREVER but I am actually looking forward to this.

Also, new KP Report about Rising: http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I was worried seeing all those cyborgs and that MG Ray thing, thinking they might still keep its previous place in the continuity for some reason and just throw in all the other shit just because they can.
But this way it's all good.

MGS community seems to yell mostly RUINED FOREVER but I am actually looking forward to this.

Also, new KP Report about Rising: http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/

MGS4 ruined everything already.

I just don't fucking care anymore. I see an over the top military fiction action game, and that's all I see.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
From Kojima's English twitter:

Rebirth of "RISING". You may have felt "the coloring and atmosphere seems not Metal". The old RISING developed by Koji Pro back then had to have the Metal look and complicated control in 30 frames. My only favor i had to Platinum was "cool Raiden who moves without awkward feeling in 60 frames".

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I noticed that the Japanese subtitled trailer mentions PMCs (during the scene early on when the soldiers are running out of the trucks).

Let's all go there again.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So apparently tomorrow they'll release a 25 minute documentary about the how the current Rising and the involvement of Platinum Games came to be.

Ghost X

I doubt it was via copious amounts of sex. Also, I just love the name revengeance. Its what I imagine a satire of an action movie being called (Eg: Hot Shots 3: Revengeance). Its hardly like, say, the titles "Sons of Liberty" or "Guns of the Patriots".

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
As much as I lolled about Revengeance...turns it out it used to be an actual word. =<

But yeah, I actually get an 80s action movie feel from the trailer, what with the cheesy rock music and the metal font etc. xD

Top Bottom