• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I forgot we had a general series thread for MGS.

Anyway, the past couple of days I've been on a quest to get the platinum for MGS2 which is a quest I had temporarily abandonded because I couldn't be arsed with the VR missions back then (temporarily meaning it's been on hold since 2012 :wacky: )
The VR mission trophy is literally the last one left so MGS2 has been sitting at 91% completion for eight years. This cannot stand. :monster:

Anyway, I finally reached the MGS1 Snake missions and JESUS the difficulty spike is ridiculous.
I generally have a low frustration threshold so I need to take breaks frequently when stuff takes multiple attempts to beat so I have a feeling these missions will break me.
But I got so far already, I don't wanna give up now
But on the other hand
it's really really really hard :sadpanda:

There is no radar and enemies see you from miles away and you have zero equipment and basically I just revived this thread because I need an outlet to whine and vent my frustrations
:sadpanda:
Y'know Tets, when I'm faced with situations like those...

I just say "fuck it" and leave. Maybe something to consider. :mon:

I don't often get 100% on many games, clearly. But then again, I have yet to break any controllers and/or televisions.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Also, I've never played any of the MGS games after 2. Which of the newer games would you say is the best? I loved MGS1 and 2.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I can't choose my favorite between 1-3. Each is so unique. If you're trying to decide if you want to continue the series, then at least go for 3. It's just as good as 1 and 2.

Side note: I consider 4 a "necessary evil". I don't care for the story decisions or cutscene/gameplay ratio, BUT it was my first MGS, so I wouldn't of played 1-3 without it. Whether or not I like MGSV is such a complex topic for me to talk about that I'd rather not ever go there haha.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I haven't hundred percented any game since Donkey Kong 2 and 3.

I'm playing mostly for the story. MGS2 grabbed and held my attention from the start, and the recent replay made me realise how good it actually was.

MGS3, while a good game, doesn't really give me the urge to replay it.

MGS4 was the perfect end to the series, it ties up enough but not too much. Lot of long cutscenes, but that's what I'm here for.

Peace Walkers was okay.

MGSV has great gameplay, but is very obviously unfinished and repeated too many threads from previous games.

What did you enjoy most about 1 and 2?

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Y'know Tets, when I'm faced with situations like those...

I just say "fuck it" and leave. Maybe something to consider. :mon:

I only have 45 missions left out of 511, I'm not giving up now :wacky:

Sometimes you need to rage a bit before you get that sweet sense of accomplishment and satisfaction :monster:

Speaking of rage, I hate those grenade weapon missions. Hitting anything is just awkward as shit. The targets move all over the place and getting a feel for the arc of the grenades and timing the shots with the grenade launcher is difficult. I got SUPER annoyed with the previous ones. Then I get to the grenade missions with MGS1 Snake and...they don't even give you the grenade launcher. Just the throwable ones.
"Oh for fuck's sake, this is gonna suck" I think to myself.

Cue me getting the top score on all of them on the first attempt :wacky:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I was lost a bit with MGS 5; I played it, then you get to a mission / climax that feels like it's the end... then it just keeps going?

My interest in the game just er, trailed off slowly after that. Maybe I should try replaying it again sometime.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
MGS2 platinum update:

giphy.gif

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
If you've been paying attention over the past month there was a twitter account under the name of Tom Olsen that was playing the day to day life of an employee at MGS2's Big Shell and his reaction to the games event, on top of that the official Metal Gear account played along with, this lead to many fans and insiders going nuts about the account teasing something Metal Gear related, now on April 30th, we have our answer.

Hope we could take away something from this.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I played MGS1-4, but I heard 5 was very different and kind of threw the story out, which sounds......bizarre, considering the previous games. I never ended up playing it.

The Doctor

The Definitive Article
MGS2 was a disappointment when it was first released but goddamn, that game gets better the more I play it.

It's Kojima having a go at 'sequel culture' and he comes up with a clever way to basically remake the first game with a small amount of narrative changes. Raiden was put in to troll us all, to play off of our expectations about what a sequel could/should be. The man can be a genius, he just has a tendency to rattle on a bit with exposition heavy dialogue.

The worst thing about MGS2 is the character of Fat-man, shallow, boring, laughable and that's not even mentioning that fuck-awful boss fight. raving.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Schedule for termination of network service for Ground Zeroes (All consoles) and The Phantom Pain (PS3/360).

Information from the official Metal Gear Portal Site: [1], [2]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Thank you for playing METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES.

We regret to inform our users that online services for METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES will be terminated on 2022-05-31 06:00 (UTC).

Platform
  • PlayStation 4
  • PlayStation 3
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox 360
Schedule of Events (UTC)

2022-05-31 06:00 Retirement of Service
  • While the online service will end the main game will still playable offline.
  • Changes to the schedule may be made without prior notice.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Thank you for playing METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

We regret to inform our users that online services for METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 will be terminated on 2022-05-31 6:00 (UTC).

Target Services
  • METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN
  • METAL GEAR ONLINE
Schedule of Events (UTC)

2021-08-31 06:00 Termination of Purchase System
2021-11-30 06:00 MGO related items (DLC) no longer available for purchase
2022-03-01 06:00 Termination of Distribution
2022-05-31 06:00 Retirement of Service
  • While the online service will end the main game will still playable offline.
  • Please understand in advance that no refunds will be made for in-game items.
  • Changes to the schedule may be made without prior notice.

Top Bottom