• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Miles Morales: (Ultimate) Spider-Man [Marvel]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
One - this is probably one of the consistently best-looking comics out there right now from Marvel.

Two - with Peter Parker coming back from after the whole "Death of Spider-Man" arc it seemed like it might've been done in a rather shit way, since his death was so poignant and well done, but I'm LOVING the arc that this is following. I also keep trying to get into the 616 Spider-Man, but to me, it always feels vastly less interesting (though Spider-Verse is ok so far).

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh good, I was going to ask if there should be separate Spider-Man threads. :monster:

I was wondering if they only reason they brought Peter back was because of Spider-Verse, but will this series really join with it that much? I know Miles is making a tiny cameo.

But what I really want to know is
did Norman Osborn really kill JJJ????

That was like, whoa shit...

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
But what I really want to know is
did Norman Osborn really kill JJJ????

That was like, whoa shit...

Seriously. The end of the one issue where
JJJ shoots him had my jaw on the floor, and then they just 1upped it with Norman grabbing him by the face the next issue immolating him alive while mentioning that he's functionally immortal.

Also, every single panel with
Miles kicking the shit out of Osborn is just SO fucking amazingly well drawn. It's one of the few comics I just go back and look at all the time.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
This week was a really awesome wrap-up of the story with Miles' dad. It was a nice little break from things and gives him a bit of a break after all the shit they've been through.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Today's issue is a fan with a big pile of shit headed directly towards it in the best way possible, and containing fantastic dialogue. This is all the reasons I love this comic.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
HOLY SHIT, HOW IS THIS GOING TO CONCLUDE NEXT ISSUE!?!?

Also, Ganke is even more of the lovable, relatable nerd than ever.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

THAT ENDING & TIE IN TO SECRET WARS.

"AE:GSRILHNJWEGSDK:LW

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I just read #11 the other day. I was thinking about putting this title on my pull list but I guess I won't really need to, huh? :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I just read #11 the other day. I was thinking about putting this title on my pull list but I guess I won't really need to, huh? :monster:

:awesomonster:

Let's just saw that there's something else at play here that was hinted at with Normal Osborne, and hasn't been fully revealed yet, and holy moses I'm so damn excited to see what it means.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Post-Secret Wars, Miles IS Spider-man, as his comic will be Spider-Man #1 without Ultimate or any other titles added to it.

I, for one, am mega pleased.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I have ONE question:

Since Pete is now allowed to be happy and successful, Does Young May Parker exist?

If yes, my blood feud with the Spider books may finally be at an end.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well.... I think that this's more relevant to the OTHER Spider-man thread, buuuut that answer is complicated.

Being as I don't read Peter Parker's comics, the one thing I can tell you is that Mayday Parker is a regular in Web-Warriors series, but she's not from the Primary Marvel Universe.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
So, no, young May Parker's de-existing is still a giant fucking memory hole that Marvel refuses to address, got it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well, being as the entire All-New All-Different's omni/multi/universe was recreated from essentially from scratch at the end of Secret Wars, it's not even clear that she deexisted in the current primary reality at all if that's what you're on about. The 616 Marvel Universe is dead and gone. Because that whole reaIity was obliterated, I don't even think there's anything to address, especially since she's a regular character elsewhere.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well, being as the entire All-New All-Different's omni/multi/universe was recreated from essentially from scratch at the end of Secret Wars, it's not even clear that she deexisted in the current primary reality at all if that's what you're on about. The 616 Marvel Universe is dead and gone. Because that whole reaIity was obliterated, I don't even think there's anything to address, especially since she's a regular character elsewhere.

The current Mayday is still her MC2 self, yes? Then at least that continuity addressed her being found after her kidnapping, but it still leaves 20 years of her being missing in 616, and later writers acting as if she'd never been born (Even before they explicitly made it so she couldn't have been, I mean).
Basically, just a few lines from someone like Strange talking about the continuity that was- because people remember it- and how it had suffered hiccups to a la the vanishing May would go a long way towards making me trust the Spidey writers not to pull utter BS any more.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Speaking of Web-Warriors, at the end of this week's comic they asked if there're any Spideys that people want to see in a big throw down (no promises on if they survive), so I wrote in that I wanted to see Spider-Punk & SP//dr one last time, since I missed them from Spider-Verse, so here's to hoping!!

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Please do. It's [email protected]

tumblr_o2u06irlf71qfo4qoo1_1280.jpg

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Spider-Punk is happening for sure in #7, there's gonna be a big robot in #8, and they're apparently making tons of efforts to attempt to bring in SP//dr into the team but it looks like they haven't got it set in stone yet.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Jeezdamn, the new kids' comics continues to be the best part about CWII. This latest issue was a hell of a gut punch, and that last page was rough in a whole different way.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Correct me if I'm wrong but after Secret Wars shouldn't there only be
one Miles? Or am I just not understanding how this all works?

Top Bottom