• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Monster Hunter World

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
I'm extremely excited for this. I love Monster Hunter, but have only ever been able to play in limited quantities since I don't own any of the platforms the more recent games have been on.

But Monster Hunter World is coming out on PC I'll be able to play it a ton! Sadly, it seems like the PC version will be releasing quite a lot later than the console counterparts. Some are saying 6 months or more and that would really suck.

The game looks absolutely amazing though and it's really cool to see a new Monster Hunter on a platform that isn't Nintendo and actually looks more up to date, graphics wise. The visuals look incredible :reptar:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm quite looking forward to this. I've been especially interested in Monster Hunter games, but I've never had the opportunity to play one. It'll be neat to finally check one out, and see what all the fun and fuss is about!

Fun side fact: I really became aware of them with Monster Hunter Tri, because the guy who plays Ironbeard in all the adverts is my friend's dad. :awesomonster:

X :neo:

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
I'm quite looking forward to this. I've been especially interested in Monster Hunter games, but I've never had the opportunity to play one. It'll be neat to finally check one out, and see what all the fun and fuss is about!

Fun side fact: I really became aware of them with Monster Hunter Tri, because the guy who plays Ironbeard in all the adverts is my friend's dad. :awesomonster:

There are quite a few games that follow the Monster Hunter formula closely that are very good available on most other platforms. If you're interested and / or impatient, I could suggest a few of these games!

Noteable ones off the top of my head:
Toukiden / Toukiden Kiwami / Toukiden 2
God Eater 1 / God Eater 2
Phantasy Star Online 2 (This is Asia region only with community English patches. Still 100% worth it and a blast to play though!)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
monster hunter ZA WARUDO!! MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

UThere's another beta (most likely the exact same) from the 22nd to the 26.

Helpful for beginners to not be put off.

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
It's gonna be my first Monster Hunter too! My s/o is a fan and really wants me to play it with him :) I put in my preorder for the PS4 version this weekend

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Might as well queue up the demo; it's going to be over the xmas weekend so plenty of time. Actually that's kinda long for a demo. Wonder if it'll have downtime due to being beta.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah I just got it to work. The beta / demo is a bit limited, you get three missions it seems. Bit of an awkward experience as there doesn't seem to be a demo. I just followed the main path, you do a smol sidequest by following a trail, then you find the dude, you bash it and avoid it when it (clearly indicates) it'll pounce you (mind you I've played Bloodborne and Nioh and shit so dodging is what I do), and you bash it over 9000 times. There's a second phase in a cave but ehh, not too challenging yet.

I never played any MH games before, not sure what to think of it really, :monster:. Is it basically like this? Find moster, beat it upside the head, ????, profit?

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
I might have bought a PS4 to play this game :| And it's absolutely amazing. I didn't play MH4, but it's improved on every aspect of the game with massive steps since MH3U. It's so good. If anyone here is playing on PS4, add me on PSN: Kantherz \o/

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
^ I'll add you when I'm home!

I've been playing this pretty obsessively since it's come out. It's my first MH so I only have a vague idea of what I am doing yet... I'm using the Insect Glaive and Dual Swords primarily. I am not very good tho... my significant other has been basically carrying me :'(

I'm about 70 hours in, only at HR 14 tho. I have 2 of the elder dragons left to find. I'll spend like 3-4 hours running around doing stuff, only to realize that I never actually did anything that really helped me in any way. Like, I'll go farm for some crafting materials, but then get sidetracked by just fighting a random fun monster, or going on (unneeded) supply runs.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
The wait for the PC version is to much. So I just bought it on PS4 :monster:
If anyone wants to play my PSN is Ghostnlpples. Not really sure how long the download is gonna take though, my PS4 for some reason never reaches max speed :<

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
I'm only like 5 or 6 hours in, but I did notice the game is way more fun co op than solo, so I'm trying to do a full playthrough with my friend. Insect glaive is the dopest weapon, but I'm really bad at it.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I'm up for anything. I'm only like 10 hours in though and most of that has been spent in expedition killing jagras and the yuki rock thrower guy repeatedly xD

If anyone wants the Ryu skin but doesn't have SFV (you need its save data to access the quest) let me know and I can invite you into the quest. You need to do it 7 times to get all the pieces.
Level doesn't really matter. You can only go into the quest with the equipment they give you.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The missus has been playing the everliving hell out of this the last couple days (her first MH game, and I've still never played one). Aside from all of the cutscene dialogue with your character and the inexplicably silent protagonist being SUPER awkward in its presentation, I've been quite digging it. If it's cool, I'll add some of you folks from her PSN ID, for the purposes of bashing around and such.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
If anyone wants the Ryu skin but doesn't have SFV (you need its save data to access the quest) let me know and I can invite you into the quest. You need to do it 7 times to get all the pieces.
Level doesn't really matter. You can only go into the quest with the equipment they give you.

I'd like to get that skin :D

Top Bottom