• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Monstress [Image]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
There's a four-page preview here -- thanks to their official tumblr, which I'll add below in spoiler tags for easy viewing.

Dear gods, I honestly don't remember the last comic that was like this. It might've been Locke & Key, but with the first issue being a triple sized one, this is one of those comics that is WELL worth waiting for, and it's done by some excellent people. Just read it. Seriously.

tumblr_inline_ntaxutsjBQ1r6y0ee_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ntaxz4TqfN1r6y0ee_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ntaxzf8tk71r6y0ee_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ntaxzrYRfp1r6y0ee_1280.jpg

“Astonishing X-Men and Black Widow writer MARJORIE LIU returns to comics with artist SANA TAKEDA (X-23) for an all-new ONGOING SERIES! Steampunk meets Kaiju in this original fantasy epic for mature readers, as young Maika risks everything to control her psychic link with a monster of tremendous power, placing her in the center of a devastating war between human and otherworldly forces. The adventure begins in a spectacular TRIPLE-SIZED FIRST ISSUE, with SIXTY-SIX pages of story and no ads for this one-time price of 4.99!“

tumblr_inline_nuqzj5Xpl91r6y0ee_1280.jpg

X :neo:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Agggggh.

I'm not sure how I didn't notice this thread when I posted what comics I was currently reading a few days ago, but better late than never.

My friends, if you love sci-fi and fantasy, this is a comic for you.

If you love bad ass female protagonists and badass female antagonists, this comic is for you.

If you love Victorian/art deco settings, this comic is for you.

If you love monsters and human hybrids, this comic is for you.

I could go on about if you love awesome storylines, but you get the idea. Highly recommend this comic. It was plopped into my hands by an associate at my local comic store when I said I was looking for something other than Marvel or DC, and I'm not sure if it was because I was a girl, or it was one of the closest comics on the shelf, but it was the first one he put in my hands, and I'm very glad he did. Can't wait for the 3rd issue.

Since X-Soldier is the one one I know on here who's read it, I'll just tell you right now that I've fallen in love with Kippa. :awesome: Normally those cutesy little hybrid kids annoy the hell out of me, Kippa has grew on me pretty fast.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I just noticed this too thanks to you bumping it up Lithium.

Can I just say the art in those posted pages is gorgeous? Oh my God. Those details and colors and art style... <3 I wanna read this now.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I just noticed this too thanks to you bumping it up Lithium.

Can I just say the art in those posted pages is gorgeous? Oh my God. Those details and colors and art style... <3 I wanna read this now.

Go read it!

I usually don't pressure people to read/watch anything unless I think they'd seriously be missing out on something, and this is definitely one of those things! :ego:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Haven't read it yet. I picked up it up after school, dropped everything off at home and had to go pay the balance on my new carpet. Bout to pick it up now and start reading.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Every issue makes me want to reread everything all over again. Very few comics make me say that.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
This issue went buy way too fast. I can't believe we have to wait until March for Issue #4!

Fell more in love with Maika and Kippa in this issue. I also loved the blue background tones in this issue, that's one thing that really stood out to me.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I love that I never have a sense that a character is beyond death or grievous injury in this series. No one EVER feels safe, and that combined with the elements of the setting just make the story so gripping, because you start to like characters and you fear for them because of that.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
That delicious art and how it feels like an anime version of GoT to some capacity makes it nice to read.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Never posted my thoughts on this most recent issue, but it was pretty good. A decent start to a new arc.

Love all of these anthropomorphic animals Lu's throwing in here. The tigers looked badass.

Still in love with Kippa.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Finally finished this issue. Really digging the developments, especially at the end. I really feel like I ought to reread the whole series again.

Top Bottom