Monthly Fanfiction Challenge April 2011

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
For all of us who enjoy writing fanfiction, and those who would like to start, I have decided it would be fun to test our writing skills against each other once a month. Heres how it will go. At the start of a month a concept for a fanfiction will be put forward. Anyone who wants to participate will declare their interest, at which point they will write a fic. They can do whatever they like with the fic so longas it remains inside the guidelines for the months competition. After the twenty-fifthsubmissions will cease, and two judges will read through the entries and determine how good the varying fics are.

Entries must be posted inside this thread. Grammer, spelling and punctuation allcount here, but are secondary. The main goal is to tell an interesting story without letting anyone go OOC.

So if anyone is interested please state your interest. Also, if anyone would care to act as judges for the entries please voulenteer.

THIS MONTHS CHALLENGE

Length:At least 1500 words. Aside from that make it as long or as short as you like.

Premise:Your goals this month is to write a short story about Zack Fair as a young man living in Gongaga, and what makes him decide to join SOLDIER.

Writing may commence on the first of the month.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I am so interested. This seems like fun... I've always been a fan of writing. I'm not so confident in my work though, so maybe I should help judge. But then again, I might be bad at that too idk LOL. Kind of tossing this around in my head... I think I would be bad at writing something compilation related. :c If it were open to anything and there was just a certain theme to follow, I think I'd be more interested. Not that I dislike FF7 or anything of course, I just think I'd be horrid at writing it. xD

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I am so interested. This seems like fun... I've always been a fan of writing. I'm not so confident in my work though, so maybe I should help judge. But then again, I might be bad at that too idk LOL. Kind of tossing this around in my head... I think I would be bad at writing something compilation related. :c If it were open to anything and there was just a certain theme to follow, I think I'd be more interested. Not that I dislike FF7 or anything of course, I just think I'd be horrid at writing it. xD

I'm sure you'd be fine at it, but you can judge if you'd like. All you'd have to do is offer an honest opinion on how much you enjoyed the fic.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Might check this out next month maybe. Not too interested in writing for this particular challenge, but like the idea.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Sure thing. Also as an aside. AT the end of each monthly challenge the writers, and people in general can make suggestions for next months challenge, at which point the judges will decide amongst themselves which one will be used. ALso, you can switch from being a writer to a judge from one month to the next if you want to.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Oh wow. I think I may or may not join. :monster: I like the challenge, but I don't even know if I can write well. :wacky:

I guess we'll know before the 25th. :monster:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Hmmmm... I may do this too.

I like to write. I do write (thought haven't for a long while). I need to improve. I don't now how good I am at this time. I would like to be a good writer.

(I think that sums it all up. :P )

May join...

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Alright ladies and gentlemen. From this moment forward you may begin writing your fics. They may be psoted as soon as you feel comfortable, but all submissions must be in by the 25th. That said, good luck and have fun!

Additionaly we still need judges. I can act as a judge for this month, but a second judge is still needed.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Ok people. Just a reminder that today is the last day of this months competition. Lets see what you guys have written.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Oh, I adore writing! :D Ava Chanel on FF.net. I'll definitely be participating in any future challenges. Count me in!

stiles

Call me a TREASURE HUNTER!
AKA
Locke
putting my name down as a maybe for the next challenge. also suggesting the theme for the next one be an original opening to our own final fantasy. something like a background to a character and how they begin their journey and what it's about.

it seems interesting to me anyways.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Sounds like a challenge. I'm in for just about anything. :)

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I'm interested! :D Gimme a topic and I'll try to run with it.

robotwarui

kraplach
AKA
badrobot
What's the June challenge? I'm burning to write! Anybody! ?

I'll make up a challenge if I don't find one when I come back...

Top Bottom